Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,814 members, 7,813,684 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:16 PM

Jega Replies Jonathan On Comments Over Conduct Of 2015 Election - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jega Replies Jonathan On Comments Over Conduct Of 2015 Election (50841 Views)

Buhari Congratulates Goodluck Jonathan On 62nd Birthday / PDP Celebrates Jonathan On His 62nd Birthday (Photos) / "Nigerians Trust Buhari" - Femi Adesina Replies Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jega Replies Jonathan On Comments Over Conduct Of 2015 Election by trilobite: 1:25pm On Apr 27, 2017
gaskiyamagana:
Electronic card reader has come to stay. Rigging election will soon become thing of the past. Jonathan being the first to taste its normal to be painful. Corruption of your administration is agonius to Nigerians than your lost election.

will soon? so its not yet? hope you see your contradiction.
Re: Jega Replies Jonathan On Comments Over Conduct Of 2015 Election by jaxxy(m): 1:26pm On Apr 27, 2017
dunkem21:

Can you mention one of his terrible handling of Govt funds and brazen corruption?

My bro lets not play dumb its all over the place and news even Jonathan knows it. He just didn't think it wud matter. Even women became highly corrupt like never b4. Dezani saga dat she can't even come back and face d allegations, arms deals fraud by generals, returned loots by many of his aides in office. list goes on. Its imaginable in civilized countries bt our dear country wants to stay a 3rd world nation sadly
Re: Jega Replies Jonathan On Comments Over Conduct Of 2015 Election by Firefire(m): 1:26pm On Apr 27, 2017
ziryboy:
you people always lack sense of reasoning. When Inec was begging people to come and collect their PVC you are dumb then or what? How many times did inec beg people to come for their PVC can you name it? Where were south south and east are when other region are collecting their own or have you hard that Inec deny people from collecting their PVC? These shall pain you guys till your dearth

God will judge all mankind.

See the PVC collection rates even after the 6 weeks postponement.

The figures for PVC collection showed that Zamfara, Nasarawa and Gombe states with 97.51%, 96.29% and 95.05% respectively have the highest collection rates. Ogun with 40.86% had the lowest collection rate and was trailed by the Federal Capital Territory with 61.42% and Lagos with 62.4% trailed in that order. The geopolitical collection rates showed the North-west with 88.66% collection rate, and the South-West having the lowest collection rate with 63.23%.

The northern area where Boko Haram war is taking place achieving almost 100% PCV collection rates while the SS & SW having below 50%.

SMH.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/02/75-94-of-total-pvcs-distributed-inec/

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/178271-pvc-collection-rate-hits-80-inec.html
Re: Jega Replies Jonathan On Comments Over Conduct Of 2015 Election by Adecks01(m): 1:27pm On Apr 27, 2017
Jesusloveyou:
and I was a partial victim in this last Edo election.
My name were in the inec registered book in 2015, but in 2016 Edo gubernatorial election, I could not find my name in the registered book and having my PVC in my hand, which warrant me to fill the incident form.
why'll someone say people are not being disenfranchised?
In fact if you observe very well you'll understand that the cardreader is main to disenfranchised certain individuals
Re: Jega Replies Jonathan On Comments Over Conduct Of 2015 Election by Jesusloveyou: 1:28pm On Apr 27, 2017
Bizibi:
then the election should have been cancelled since over million voted fr buhari and Jonathan in kano and ph
it was that same figure that will make wike to be disqualified. From 292,000 accredited voters to 1,500,000 vote for wike, even after Presidential election

1 Like

Re: Jega Replies Jonathan On Comments Over Conduct Of 2015 Election by Adecks01(m): 1:29pm On Apr 27, 2017
Jesusloveyou:
and in Enugu no invalid vote, 500,000 registered and voted.
In river state, 292,000 were accredited but 1,500,000 voted for ineffectual buffoon.
that is credibility of Jega
Re: Jega Replies Jonathan On Comments Over Conduct Of 2015 Election by Tecno66: 1:29pm On Apr 27, 2017
Jega should shut his dirty mouth. Tell us why the INEC chief in Kano was burnt in his house in Kano along with all his properties. And the CP who oversaw the Kano election was compensated with IG. uote author=masterpiece86 post=55964063]Former Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) Chairman Prof. Attahiru Jega, has replied ex-President Goodluck Jonathan, over comments he made concerning the 2015 general elections.

Jonathan in a book, Against the Run of Play, written by ThisDay Editorial Board Chairman, Olusegun Adeniyi,
expressed disappointment with how Jega conducted the election.

Reacting though his Special Assistant, Prof Mohammed Kuna, Jega disagreed with Jonathan’s belief that the wide margin between the presidential election and National Assembly results in Kano State was a reflection of a flawed election.

The former President said it was strange that the state recorded 1.8 million votes in the presidential poll and 800,000 in the National Assembly election on the same day.

But Prof Kuna dismissed Jonathan’s claims and insisted that the introduction of the card reader made it difficult to manipulate elections and inflate results.

“There is nothing particularly special about the Kano result; it is a general trend as many voters were more interested in the presidential election than in other elections. That was what happened across the country and you can go and do the tabulation.

“With the card reader, it is no longer possible to return results that are higher than the accredited voters. If you analyse the results nationally, you will discover the same trend.”

Meanwhile, Senator Abubakar Girei, who represented Adamawa Central Senatorial Zone from 1999 to 2003 has slammed Jonathan for blaming his electoral defeat in 2015 presidential race on some persons.
Girei said Jonathan was the architect of his own defeat and not anyone and that he should bury his head in shame.

http://dailypost.ng/2017/04/27/jega-replies-jonathan-comments-conduct-2015-election/[/quote]

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Jega Replies Jonathan On Comments Over Conduct Of 2015 Election by Bizibi(m): 1:29pm On Apr 27, 2017
Jesusloveyou:
it was that same figure that will make wike to be disqualified. From 292,000 accredited voters to 1,500,000 vote for wike, even after Presidential election
what of the kano and kaduna?
Re: Jega Replies Jonathan On Comments Over Conduct Of 2015 Election by Nobody: 1:31pm On Apr 27, 2017
omoseth:
. I believe he isn't protesting his defeat and being silent doesn't prevent you from giving your own side of a story when the occasion calls for it which i think he's doing{or has done}. The book also contains views from different people.
you are right I don't just like the way obasanjo reacted arrogantly that he was small for presidency, they are giving him more reasons why he lost and I think all these are mere distractions now
Re: Jega Replies Jonathan On Comments Over Conduct Of 2015 Election by olujastro: 1:35pm On Apr 27, 2017
Nukualofa:
“There is nothing particularly special about the Kano result; it is a general trend as many voters were more interested in the presidential election than in other elections. That was what happened across the country and you can go and do the tabulation.

1million Kano voters were more interested in Presidential election over National Assembly.

Jega tell us another Lie because the margin of error is still very high
Because I love honesty no matter the candidate or party I support, I had to do a thorough online search for both Kano presidential election and Senate elections in 2015 to compare their figures. The sum of all Inec declared results in the 3 Senatorial elections for both APC and PDP was approximately the same with the presidential election results. Both stood at 2.1 million in total.
I think the spokesman for Jega didn't do a proper research before issuing that statement.

2 Likes

Re: Jega Replies Jonathan On Comments Over Conduct Of 2015 Election by Macmoni(m): 1:47pm On Apr 27, 2017
GavelSlam:

I'm assuming your dad was a president before.
OK maybe president of NURTW.
should we laff #public opinion
Re: Jega Replies Jonathan On Comments Over Conduct Of 2015 Election by Tecno66: 1:47pm On Apr 27, 2017
Card reader my foot. Something obviosly transpired. I suspect foulplay because the INEC chief who conducted that election ended up being burnt along with all his properties in Kano. The CP who oversaw the election ended up being made IG. Who dey cry dey see road o.
masterpiece86:
Former Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) Chairman Prof. Attahiru Jega, has replied ex-President Goodluck Jonathan, over comments he made concerning the 2015 general elections.

Jonathan in a book, Against the Run of Play, written by ThisDay Editorial Board Chairman, Olusegun Adeniyi,

Reacting though his Special Assistant, Prof Mohammed Kuna, Jega disagreed with Jonathan’s belief that the wide margin between the presidential election and National Assembly results in Kano State was a reflection of a flawed election.

The former President said it was strange that the state recorded 1.8 million votes in the presidential poll and 800,000 in the National Assembly election on the same day.

But Prof Kuna dismissed Jonathan’s claims and insisted that the introduction of the card reader made it difficult to manipulate elections and inflate results.

“With the card reader, it is no longer possible to return results that are higher than the accredited voters. If you analyse the results nationally, you will discover the same trend.”

Meanwhile, Senator Abubakar Girei, who represented Adamawa Central Senatorial Zone from 1999 to 2003 has slammed Jonathan for blaming his electoral defeat in 2015 presidential race on some persons.
Girei said Jonathan was the architect of his own defeat and not anyone and that he should bury his head in shame.

http://dailypost.ng/2017/04/27/jega-replies-jonathan-comments-conduct-2015-election/

1 Like

Re: Jega Replies Jonathan On Comments Over Conduct Of 2015 Election by Papasland21: 1:47pm On Apr 27, 2017
[quote author=Chuksonyeike post=55964320]

why exactly was Jega insisting on holding elections in February even when over 40% of people were yet to get their PVCs especially in the SS/SE where GEJ support was considered strong? GEJ ought to have taken the bulls by the horns and had him removed at that point as it was obvious then Jega was already compromised.That is why I somehow blame him for his travails

Tales by moonlight
Re: Jega Replies Jonathan On Comments Over Conduct Of 2015 Election by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 2:07pm On Apr 27, 2017
Chuksonyeike:

why exactly was Jega insisting on holding elections in February even when over 40% of people were yet to get their PVCs especially in the SS/SE where GEJ support was considered strong? GEJ ought to have taken the bulls by the horns and had him removed at that point as it was obvious then Jega was already compromised.That is why I somehow blame him for his travails

LOL so what are the people from SE/SS waiting till weeks to election? When they see the popularity of PMB and see this is a lost election for PDP hahah..
Re: Jega Replies Jonathan On Comments Over Conduct Of 2015 Election by DollarAngel(m): 2:08pm On Apr 27, 2017
GavelSlam:
[s]Same Jega conducted elections in 2011 there was no problem when Jonathan won.

PDP did everything to truncate the use of PVC. Heck, they even postponed the elections on the excuse of trying to end insurgency.

After all said and done, Jonathan lost like the loser he is.

Go home to your Ogogoro. [/s]
Re: Jega Replies Jonathan On Comments Over Conduct Of 2015 Election by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 2:09pm On Apr 27, 2017
Firefire:
Fraudulent individual.

Posterity will judge ALL OF YOU.

Hahaha sound of a looser..
Re: Jega Replies Jonathan On Comments Over Conduct Of 2015 Election by augustine: 2:12pm On Apr 27, 2017
masterpiece86:
Former Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) Chairman Prof. Attahiru Jega, has replied ex-President Goodluck Jonathan, over comments he made concerning the 2015 general elections.

http://dailypost.ng/2017/04/27/jega-replies-jonathan-comments-conduct-2015-election/
That we do not go around shouting like touts and barking like dogs, does not mean that we are unaware of what happened behind the scenes. Why and how was it possible that the Kano state resident electoral commissioner and his household, were burnt to death in his house shortly after the presidential elections: despite the security personnel attached to him? There has not been any official govt investigation and report concerning the incident. Maybe someone will also want to insult our collective intelligence by suggesting that it was a mere coincidence that happened when it did.
Re: Jega Replies Jonathan On Comments Over Conduct Of 2015 Election by Shaev7(m): 2:21pm On Apr 27, 2017
so now Jega thinks he is talking to kids, "with card reader, election cannot be manipulated. " Okay! Late Evangelist Sunny Okosun said, "Which way Nigeria? " Shame to everybody, I mean shame. late Fela said, "suffering and smiling." Big shame. Now it's whistle. I lament for my country.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Jega Replies Jonathan On Comments Over Conduct Of 2015 Election by otokx(m): 2:41pm On Apr 27, 2017
There is no need going back to the past to begin to murmur and complain, GEJ should have taken a cue from his vice and just kept quiet and also out of sight.
Re: Jega Replies Jonathan On Comments Over Conduct Of 2015 Election by talk2dmc(m): 2:52pm On Apr 27, 2017
I pray someone emulate Jonathan in 2019 and conceed defeat cos we have already given up on the Government of the day .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jega Replies Jonathan On Comments Over Conduct Of 2015 Election by Rexnegro(m): 2:54pm On Apr 27, 2017
like a football match losers will always blame it on the ref even when season don finish...now gej And pdp The losers are still blaming it on the referee that has retired from officiating....same ref officiated The match in 2011 he was perfect, Nice and fair cos they won...useless party
Re: Jega Replies Jonathan On Comments Over Conduct Of 2015 Election by BALLOSKI: 3:03pm On Apr 27, 2017
Chuksonyeike:

you think it'd would been easy for him to remove Jega then without him creating bigger crisis that would have consumed him? The country would have erupted in crisis if he had done that. As stated by the law , election should hold 90 days before the swearing-in , and this is what Jega was following by insisting the election must hold in February(90 days away from May) . The law didn't say there must be 100% pvc collection before election can hold.

The election was postponed , PVC collection improved across his stronghold, why did he still lose the election?
Re: Jega Replies Jonathan On Comments Over Conduct Of 2015 Election by tuniski: 3:14pm On Apr 27, 2017
Jesusloveyou:
and Enugu that has least PVC collection, voted 100% of registered voters which exceed accredited voters,
Stop the lie abegi the SE had the least voting returns. Kano and the rest of conservative north simply drop figures. Anyway, we are all in the part time presidency of buhari together.
Re: Jega Replies Jonathan On Comments Over Conduct Of 2015 Election by newslifeop: 3:21pm On Apr 27, 2017
Okay o
Re: Jega Replies Jonathan On Comments Over Conduct Of 2015 Election by genearts(m): 3:22pm On Apr 27, 2017
olujastro:

Because I love honesty no matter the candidate or party I support, I had to do a thorough online search for both Kano presidential election and Senate elections in 2015 to compare their figures. The sum of all Inec declared results in the 3 Senatorial elections for both APC and PDP was approximately the same with the presidential election results. Both stood at 2.1 million in total.
I think the spokesman for Jega didn't do a proper research before issuing that statement.

it will be nice if u create a new thread for this to put the record straight. pls mention me when you do

2 Likes

Re: Jega Replies Jonathan On Comments Over Conduct Of 2015 Election by blackboy(m): 3:27pm On Apr 27, 2017
I laugh when people mention the card reader does not allow manipulation nor rigging.

Forget that, With out or without the card reader you can vote and does not stop rigging.

Jona's mistake was he occupied the north's slot and still wanted to continue.

Forget Boko Haram, it was not Jona's doing neither nothing he could have done to stop it as we have seen. He was being frustrated from within his party and outside.

Another reason for his fall was that most of the governors who should have supported him were not returning as they had conncluded their terms and were defectinng to get election to the senate.

Who said 2011 elections conducted by Jeg were okay? Complaints were known but the governors needed re-election.

Those always shouting their voters card will be used to vote out or vote in , yes try but if the powers that be say no . Wetin una want do? Except God tell him his no is yes then oly then .

This country, what we need is a strong, independent and corrupt free judiciary and police but where in Nigeria corruption is not king? You and I we need to start with ourselves. Let Jega be truthful to himself, he had set the stage for Jona's exit and Jona was warned but as her was often referred to as a slowpoke, confused leader he didnt realise till it was too late.

All those laughing with PMB don't mea they are happy with him, his major grace is that he is from the North. If it was Jona in his place now , Jona would have been sent packing te te.

Jega , Jona no lie. But Jona , you tried like PMB I no blame you for not reading the writing on the wall. Aso Rock too sweet. I fear that place after wetin I see happen to PMB. Even if a saint or genius gets there I doubt he wont be intoxicated with power.

1 Like

Re: Jega Replies Jonathan On Comments Over Conduct Of 2015 Election by Nobody: 3:33pm On Apr 27, 2017
Northern alliance favoured buhari. Jonathan enemies were too much then.
Re: Jega Replies Jonathan On Comments Over Conduct Of 2015 Election by vantage001: 3:53pm On Apr 27, 2017
And the funny thing is that buhari has put his kinsman from daura as the head of INEC.
I will give buhari credit though. He is a complete neophyte when it comes to governance but he dosen't give a fucck about public perception.

1 Like

Re: Jega Replies Jonathan On Comments Over Conduct Of 2015 Election by Goddex: 3:55pm On Apr 27, 2017
This Jega's reply
is so hogwash
Re: Jega Replies Jonathan On Comments Over Conduct Of 2015 Election by Exempted: 3:56pm On Apr 27, 2017
goodluck1011:
When winning is all you do, they start to call you selfish and arrongant. but who cares? Congrats to all my yesterday's winners and to you in advance cos you're about to be winner. call me and thank me later..

You this thief. Nobody should contact this guy. He is the same Mr. Ugoo That floods every topic with his fake winning tickets.

He has SCAMMED US on whatsapp and no longer reply us. He has deactivated that whatsapp number and now uses this on. He will ask u 2pay 5k and 20k after winning...

Dont contact him. He's a scammer/thief. You can see that this his latest account was registered 2day to scam more people.

He keeps creating new accounts on daily basis and changing phone numbers.......

1 Like

Re: Jega Replies Jonathan On Comments Over Conduct Of 2015 Election by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 4:08pm On Apr 27, 2017
Chuksonyeike:

lol remove him? do you know there are rules concerning removal of an INEC chairman? You people just post comments thinking doing such things are as easy to execute as they are easy to say.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Names Of Beneficiaries Of CBN Illegal Recrutiment+photos - Sahara Reporters / Nicknames Nigerians Call State Governors / Governor Fayose And Osinbajo Laughing In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.