Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,244 members, 7,811,685 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:11 PM

2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship - Jobs/Vacancies (95) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship (299913 Views)

Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK / NDDC Skills Acquisition Training Programmes 2017 - Apply Now / Niger Delta Development Commission NDDC Foreign Msc And Phd Scholarship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (105) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Uwemy: 10:28pm On May 14, 2018
I was at an NDDC state office today and I met with some official who told me that they will all be in PHC this week to sort out the scholarship issue. Lets still be hopeful guys.

6 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by choicecad: 11:58am On May 15, 2018
Uwemy:
I was at an NDDC state office today and I met with some official who told me that they will all be in PHC this week to sort out the scholarship issue. Lets still be hopeful guys.

Good thoughts to be hopeful guys. But the truth remains that they are not favourably disposed on releasing the list any longer. Prepare for another exercise.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Ovywils: 2:39pm On May 15, 2018
We've heard that before. We also heard that they had spent our tfare...
Well, we choose to prepare for briefing not another exercise.
choicecad:

Good thoughts to be hopeful guys. But the truth remains that they are not favourably disposed on releasing the list any longer. Prepare for another exercise.

3 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by choicecad: 3:31pm On May 15, 2018
Ovywils:
We've heard that before. We also heard that they had spent our tfare...
Well, we choose to prepare for briefing not another exercise.

Sorry we all need this fund. The truth is bitter. It's not about what we choose but what the Board wants.. Watch and see. Prepare for another exercise.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by lolololhvfvhb98: 5:33pm On May 15, 2018
choicecad:

Sorry we all need this fund. The truth is bitter. It's not about what we choose but what the Board wants.. Watch and see. Prepare for another exercise.

Take your chair and sit down, while you watch the list come out this month

3 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by choicecad: 7:16pm On May 15, 2018
lolololhvfvhb98:

Take your chair and sit down, while you watch the list come out this month

Just console yourself. I believe in reality and not illusion. Truth is bitter.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by CSmooth: 7:30pm On May 15, 2018
The list will be released in a few days, then all the naysayers will keep quiet

3 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Panda9909: 2:47am On May 16, 2018
I dont think we would need to prepare for a fresh exercise. Why i say this is because last year, as at 27th of April, they had already advertised for new applications.

3 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by choicecad: 12:33pm On May 16, 2018
Panda9909:
I dont think we would need to prepare for a fresh exercise. Why i say this is because last year, as at 27th of April, they had already advertised for new applications.

A month difference is negligible
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by mikelhunch: 2:13pm On May 16, 2018
Take your negativity elsewhere pls. you have no concert information about the shit you are chatting or else you wont be here. leave us alone to be hopeful about the list till NDDC comes out to say otherwise. if the list comes out i hope your name is not there so you would know its your negativity that caused it. nonsense. Are you a board member or a staff?? NO so pls leave this platform if you dont have anything meaningful to say. thanks

choicecad:

2 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by mikelhunch: 2:25pm On May 16, 2018
Thanks for this update, we still have hope that the list would be out soon. another reason i believe the list would be out this month is, when the NDDC 2017 budget was approved in February this year, the were supposed to utilize it to sort out there projects and payments before April or send it back to the federal govt. but nddc appealed to the senate the they would need more time as the time given was not sufficient for the utilization of the funds and asked the time shuld be extended till the end of May which was granted. i believe the list would be out soon because the funds for NDDC scholarship is contained in their budget. lets be hopeful

Uwemy:

4 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Luck2016: 3:17pm On May 16, 2018
For those who are still skeptical about the release of the 2017 list of NDDC scholarship awardees, I want to remind them based on the statement of the MD/CEO of NDDC, Mr. Ekere that by May this year every issue relating to the award of scholarship will be concluded in order for scholars to proceed for studies by September; even though he did not categorically stated whether it is 2017 or 2018 scholarship programme. However, going by the fact that the NDDC 2018 scholarship programme has not been advertised, it then implies that the 2017 programme must be concluded by May this year. Moreover, NDDC suspended the release of the 2017 list of awardees in order to complete the outstanding payments for previous awardees which I understood was done by January this year. So, I don't see any reason why they should cancel the 2017 programme to commence 2018 programme. It doesn't make any sense; unless they have concluded to totally abolish the scholarship scheme. The delay has always been the overall culture of the agency from time immemorial; but, delay is not denial.

3 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Nuel1647: 5:16pm On May 16, 2018
Luck2016:
For those who are still skeptical about the release of the 2017 list of NDDC scholarship awardees, I want to remind them based on the statement of the MD/CEO of NDDC, Mr. Ekere that by May this year every issue relating to the award of scholarship will be concluded in order for scholars to proceed for studies by September; even though he did not categorically stated whether it is 2017 or 2018 scholarship programme. However, going by the fact that the NDDC 2018 scholarship programme has not been advertised, it then implies that the 2017 programme must be concluded by May this year. Moreover, NDDC suspended the release of the 2017 list of awardees in order to complete the outstanding payments for previous awardees which I understood was done by January this year. So, I don't see any reason why they should cancel the 2017 programme to commence 2018 programme. It doesn't make any sense; unless they have concluded to totally abolish the scholarship scheme. The delay has always been the overall culture of the agency from time immemorial; but, delay is not denial.

Not every scholar was paid in January, quite a few haven't received a single payment. I am one of them.

Some scholars that were paid in January still have a second outstanding fee.

This delay is exceptional, there has been none like this in NDDC history. Even for NDDC this delay is unusual.

However, there is no indication that the process would be cancelled. It looks like payments of the remaining scholars and those that have a second outstanding few and the release of the list would be concluded this month. There seems to be an aoura of confidence in NDDC’s communications that was absent before last month.

I guess we would have a clearer picture by next week.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by ladybug2: 6:53pm On May 16, 2018
I am sorry to hear you have not received a single payment, that is just terrible. I am one of those scholars that still have outstanding fees to pay too as the payment in January was for the previous session which was beyond overdue. I agree with you that this particular delay is unprecedented as we know they do delay but it was usually, say, a couple of months. I pray they sort out all outstanding scholarship issues asap including the long-awaited 2017 now 2018 scholarship list. I am sure the list will be released for the simple fact that they have not called for a fresh application which they usually do by this time (In my time, it was in February).

But I must say, I thought the previous administration was chaotic; however, this is the worst experience by far and as much as I try to remain optimistic, this current admin has handled this scheme very badly. Scholars are being reported to home office about non-payment of fees and given an ultimatum to settle their debts or leave the country. Prospective scholars pls take note; NDDC has a bad rep here and if they do release the list and invite you for the induction, there is usually a Q&A session on the day, please hold their feet to the fire there and then, hopefully, things will change for the better.

Nuel1647:

Not every scholar was paid in January, quite a few haven't received a single payment. I am one of them.

Some scholars that were paid in January still have a second outstanding fee.

This delay is exceptional, there has been none like this in NDDC history. Even for NDDC this delay is unusual.

However, there is no indication that the process would be cancelled. It looks like payments of the remaining scholars and those that have a second outstanding fee and the release of the list would be concluded this month. There seems to be an aoura of confidence in NDDC’s communications that was absent before last month.

I guess we would have a clearer picture by next week.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by amhot: 8:29pm On May 16, 2018
I have purposely refused to join issues with doomsday prophets of cancellation,it is not even necessary to glorify them with a response. Folks, this undue delay has been caused mainly by the very late passage of the budget. But with that sorted out, we don't have long to wait before the release of the list. The 2017 list is safe, the worst that can happen to it is for it to be manipulated in favour of certain applicants. I pray it doesn't affect anyone here adversely. May God reward all those who have kept faith with this cause, with an award letter in Jesus name.

7 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Nobody: 10:41am On May 17, 2018
Gh
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by abrahamossai: 11:40am On May 19, 2018
Hey guys. Just read this news. Please see link below

https://www.naija.ng/amp/1170186-n18-bn-properties-linked-nddc-official-forfeited-fg.html

The sum is really unbelievable. What do you think guys? Would this affect our scholarship in any positive way. Can we do anything to get them. Channel such recovered funds to the scheme?

It's amazing that This is just from 1 person alone. The funds can cover a huge number of scholars. Would love to hear your thoughts guys.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by sethmelia002: 1:56pm On May 19, 2018
Fake news the Director of NDDC project is Samuel Adjogbe, and to let you know this has got nothing to do with our scholarship program I believe.[quote author=abrahamossai post=67690792]Hey guys. Just read this news. Please see link below

https://www.naija.ng/amp/1170186-n18-bn-properties-linked-nddc-official-forfeited-fg.html

The sum is really unbelievable. What do you think guys? Would this affect our scholarship in any positive way. Can we do anything to get them. Channel such recovered funds to the scheme?

It's amazing that This is just from 1 person alone. The funds can cover a huge number of scholars. Would love to hear your thoughts guys.

Fake news the Director of NDDC project is Samuel Adjogbe, and to let you know this has got nothing to do with our scholarship program I believe
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by sethmelia002: 1:58pm On May 19, 2018

***************************************************************************************************************Fake news the Director of NDDC project is Samuel Adjogbe, and to let you know this has got nothing to do with our scholarship program I believe
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Ovywils: 11:50am On May 21, 2018
Hmmm!
New week...
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by CSmooth: 2:11pm On May 21, 2018
Expectations- great things are coming
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by amhot: 2:27pm On May 21, 2018
The NDDC board met with the vice President during the weekend. Their discussion revolved around funding shortfalls and outstanding funds owed the commission by the FG, as well as the proposed Niger Delta Development Bank, which is to take off by December 2018. Also discussed was the e- learning program for primary schools in the Niger Delta region, proposed by NDDC. I don't know if the scholarship program was part of their discussion. But this goes to prove that the info about the board meeting, which was given by one of us last week is true. I'm also hopeful that the 2017 process would have been discussed even in passing, because it is one of the biggest financial undertakings of the commission in any given year. The timing of this board meeting coincides with the time frame for the conclusion of the 2017 process(May),which the MD had mentioned several months back. Let's all remain hopeful. May God help us all.

3 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by softceleb13: 6:40pm On May 21, 2018
please this is funny and it seem to look like a very bitter pill too hard to swallow, but it remains the truth, unless if we can press on them through any means possible to reverse on it, better for us, from a very reliable source I was told that, they have cancelled the 2017/2018 NDDC Foreign Screening.

please nobody should mix up faith with this one, whether U believe it or leave it, I have been hopeful and prayerful waiting for the list to come out soon until I got this shocker yesterday. although I have been silent on this platform reading every comments that gives hope!, the arguments, criticisms, names calling etc....
I actually wish if I should have a news for this platform it should be a good one, but here is the irony.
funny enough the source also told me that in no distances time, they are planning to advertise for 2018/2019, which I told him rubbish.
in as much as i am concerned NDDC doesn't own 2018/19 prospective applicants anything or apologies , so why looking forward without addressing what's before them.
He also said the Transport allowance was our right that's why they couldn't denied us from it.
Shame to NDDC management's and the entire state's Reps, for you all are complete disgrace to all of your member state.

lastly I pray that, for this your decision and false hope you given to us for over a year plus, You too shall also not find peace.
Black man!, ijaw man!! Niger delta people!!! which way to go.....
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by choicecad: 7:41pm On May 21, 2018
softceleb13:
please this is funny and it seem to look like a very bitter pill too hard to swallow, but it remains the truth, unless if we can press on them through any means possible to reverse on it, better for us, from a very reliable source I was told that, they have cancelled the 2017/2018 NDDC Foreign Screening.

please nobody should mix up faith with this one, whether U believe it or leave it, I have been hopeful and prayerful waiting for the list to come out soon until I got this shocker yesterday. although I have been silent on this platform reading every comments that gives hope!, the arguments, criticisms, names calling etc....
I actually wish if I should have a news for this platform it should be a good one, but here is the irony.
funny enough the source also told me that in no distances time, they are planning to advertise for 2018/2019, which I told him rubbish.
in as much as i am concerned NDDC doesn't own 2018/19 prospective applicants anything or apologies , so why looking forward without addressing what's before them.
He also said the Transport allowance was our right that's why they couldn't denied us from it.
Shame to NDDC management's and the entire state's Reps, for you all are complete disgrace to all of your member state.

lastly I pray that, for this your decision and false hope you given to us for over a year plus, You too shall also not find peace.

I said this earlier last week. Guys were backing.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Ovywils: 9:06am On May 22, 2018
Lol... Why shouldn't we mix up faith?
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Nuel1647: 10:45am On May 22, 2018
softceleb13:

Source?
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Luck2016: 2:53pm On May 22, 2018
Well, regardless of the source of the information; whether reliable or unreliable, I think it is the responsibility of the management of NDDC to formally publicize the cancellation of the 2017/2018 scholarship scheme with REASONS the same way they publicize the temporary suspension of the exercise in order to clear the backlogs of debts owed earlier scholars (which they have not concluded), in the national dailies last year. Not until this is done, there is no amount of action staged by the participants in the last year's scholarship exercise that can be justifiable within the existing laws of the country. We all have are various constituency representatives in both the state and federal houses of representatives + the senate. Immediately the commission announces the cancellation of the 2017 scholarship programme without viable reasons, we should quickly send petitions to our various representatives and senators and see if they will just write-off the petitions without thorough debate on the contending issues. Thank God they recognised that the transport stipend is our right; they should also recognise that it is our right and their duty to inform us on the REASONS behind the "Cancellation". For now, lets just cross our legs and wait until the cat is formally let out of the bag.
softceleb13:

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by choicecad: 3:05pm On May 22, 2018
Luck2016:
Well, regardless of the source of the information; whether reliable or unreliable, I think it is the responsibility of the management of NDDC to formally publicize the cancellation of the 2017/2018 scholarship scheme with REASONS the same way they publicize the temporary suspension of the exercise in order to clear the backlogs of debts owed earlier scholars (which they have not concluded), in the national dailies last year. Not until this is done, there is no amount of action staged by the participants in the last year's scholarship exercise that can be justifiable within the existing laws of the country. We all have are various constituency representatives in both the state and federal houses of representatives + the senate. Immediately the commission announces the cancellation of the 2017 scholarship programme without viable reasons, we should quickly send petitions to our various representatives and senators and see if they will just write-off the petitions without thorough debate on the contending issues. Thank God they recognised that the transport stipend is our right; they should also recognise that it is our right and their duty to inform us on the REASONS behind the "Cancellation". For now, lets just cross our legs and wait until the cat is formally let out of the bag.

Thats a good one. But me and you know that this Government is not doing things the right way and anything can happen. A Country where court orders are not obeyed? its unfortunate.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Ovywils: 3:21pm On May 22, 2018
We could use twitter for now... Just search for @nsimauekere & retweet our tweets or type your own tweet!

Luck2016:

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Knightcrawler1: 5:04pm On May 22, 2018
Luck2016:
Well, regardless of the source of the information; whether reliable or unreliable, I think it is the responsibility of the management of NDDC to formally publicize the cancellation of the 2017/2018 scholarship scheme with REASONS the same way they publicize the temporary suspension of the exercise in order to clear the backlogs of debts owed earlier scholars (which they have not concluded), in the national dailies last year. *Not until this is done, there is no amount of action staged by the participants in the last year's scholarship exercise that can be justifiable within the existing laws of the country*. We all have are various constituency representatives in both the state and federal houses of representatives + the senate. Immediately the commission announces the cancellation of the 2017 scholarship programme without viable reasons, we should quickly send petitions to our various representatives and senators and see if they will just write-off the petitions without thorough debate on the contending issues. Thank God they recognised that the transport stipend is our right; they should also recognise that it is our right and their duty to inform us on the REASONS behind the "Cancellation". For now, lets just cross our legs and wait until the cat is formally let out of the bag.

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by CSmooth: 6:06pm On May 22, 2018
Luck2016:

I'm not giving up...not now...not anytime soon

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by maxiwise: 6:08pm On May 22, 2018
There is money on facebook, WhatsApp, instagram. And its available to everyone, you just have to know how to get it. Its not rocket science. If you spend up to 3 hours on facebok everyday and you are not getting alert from your activity on facebook, you should never complain about being broke. If you are really broke, then you will grab every opportunity that teaches you how to make money while having fun on social media.

I will attend to only 3 serious people who are hungry for success and ready to take the plunge and make serious money on Social Media .

Inbox me lets Break Records.
Whatsapp me 2348106017549

#Longrichrocks

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (105) (Reply)

2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates / Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! / Invitation For Written Exams For Police ICT Professional Into Nigerian Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.