Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:46 AM

'we Live In Fear In Indonesia' Nigerians Cry As 'kabaka' Pictures Surface - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 'we Live In Fear In Indonesia' Nigerians Cry As 'kabaka' Pictures Surface (69298 Views)

Covid-19 Lockdown: Lagos Unrest, As Residents Live In Fear Of Hoodlums / Nigerian Man Jumps Down From 30 Storey In Indonesia While Evading Police Arrest / Abike: Out Of 21 Drug Dealers Waiting Execution In Indonesia, 20 From Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

'we Live In Fear In Indonesia' Nigerians Cry As 'kabaka' Pictures Surface by Sanchez01: 3:57pm On Apr 27, 2017
- Nigerians in Indonesia have accused the country of extra-judicial killings
- They claimed they are not treated well and given fair hearing
- The country has a strong law against drug-trafficking

[img]https://2.bp..com/-5BiSzkyrr-M/WQIATKGNSqI/AAAAAAAAAFc/k1mqMEE2jn8BgeD8lzSecj49FEEe7fVigCK4B/s640/Kabaka.jpg[/img]
A Nigerian living in Indonesia, Douglas Hope Onyebuchi, aka Kabaka,was killed by security operatives during a drug bust.

Nigerians living in Indonesia have raised serious allegation against the Indonesian government accusing them of killing them extra-judiciously, according to Naij.

A Nigerian in Indonesia who provided this information on the condition of anonymity due to the sensitivity of the matter and his own safety claimed that any Nigerian suspected of crime was killed.

He said Nigerians have made a bad name in Indonesia which is why they are treated terribly there but called on the Nigerian government to intervene in this issue.

[img]https://2.bp..com/-W0EzlkL0zXk/WQIAe0n6V_I/AAAAAAAAAFk/IPAocAExhjs4ll52QNa-1Fcgcq-wgSMKACK4B/s640/Kabaka2.jpg[/img]
"The way the Indonesian Police is killing Nigerians in any slightest provocation and our Embassy is doing nothing about it."

"Nevertheless, the stringent law of Indonesian Government is not to be doubted but nobody's guilty until the person is pronounced guilty by the appropriate Judge."

"The Indonesian police don't care again because of the bad name we Nigerians here have given ourselves.

"On the September 6th, 2016, Ekene from Anambra States living in an Apartment in the West Jakarta was gunned down in his room after Police failed to nail him down with any evidence.

"On the 4th of January, 2017, Ike and Chiwetalu from Nsukka in Enugu State were gunned down too after their woman confessed to be trafficking drug for them.

"Another one happened just yesterday 25th of April, 2017. Another guy from Imo State on a tip of that He sent his woman to go and deliver drug.

"I am not supporting those that are involved in illicit drugs business but killing someone without enough evidence is just extrajudicial killings. "We are living in fear here and not all Nigerians are drug peddlers.

Some of us are involve in a genuine and profitable business that has contributed a lot taxes to the Indonesian Government."

[img]https://1.bp..com/-u0A6zdnGVSw/WQIApBVs3cI/AAAAAAAAAFs/dEhytNcu-74o0C2bRl3imGeH8j7Vma1lwCK4B/s640/Passport.jpg[/img]
According to the Jakarta Post however, security operatives said Douglas Hope Onyebuchi, aka Kabaka, was killed during a drug bust when he tried to wrestle a gun from the police.

Insp. Gen. M. Iriawan who is the Jakarta police chief said the deceased and his wife shipped in a package containing two kilograms of methamphetamine from Guangzhou, China which were disguised as sandals.

thejakartapost initially reported the drug bust incident, which led to the death of Enugu-born Douglas whom Indonesian police claimed was found with methamphetamine, a powerful, highly addictive stimulant that affects the central nervous system.

“During his arrest, he fought back and tried to grab one of the officers’ guns. Therefore, we had no choice but to take him down.” The Inspector claimed.
http://themomentng..com.ng/2017/04/we-live-in-fear-in-indonesia-nigerians.html
https://www.naij.com/1101531-nigerian-man-enugu-onuebuchi-killed-by-police-indonesia-smuggling-banned-con.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'we Live In Fear In Indonesia' Nigerians Cry As 'kabaka' Pictures Surface by suso(m): 3:58pm On Apr 27, 2017
All I read was Biafra not Nigeria

Report your case to Nnamdi kanu

Baba Buhari is now working from home
#buhariTheBlogger

343 Likes 16 Shares

Re: 'we Live In Fear In Indonesia' Nigerians Cry As 'kabaka' Pictures Surface by Sanchez01: 3:59pm On Apr 27, 2017
I could remember mentioning the need to redeeming the country's name on the other thread. I don't blame the world if they end up stereotyping us in this manner. It is no longer a case of 'few bad eggs', but many bad eggs.

Mynd44
Lalasticlala

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'we Live In Fear In Indonesia' Nigerians Cry As 'kabaka' Pictures Surface by vayne(m): 4:03pm On Apr 27, 2017
Call it whatever you like,wailer,zombie,iPod,afooja!
When the effects come knocking,it does not do identity descrimination!

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'we Live In Fear In Indonesia' Nigerians Cry As 'kabaka' Pictures Surface by NORSIYK(m): 4:03pm On Apr 27, 2017
That's terrible
Re: 'we Live In Fear In Indonesia' Nigerians Cry As 'kabaka' Pictures Surface by psucc(m): 4:06pm On Apr 27, 2017
So sad. The Igbos are losing so much.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'we Live In Fear In Indonesia' Nigerians Cry As 'kabaka' Pictures Surface by Sanchez01: 4:09pm On Apr 27, 2017
psucc:
Nigerians are losing here. Some desperate Igbo folks might be championing this horrible cause, but that does not take away the fact these countries only know them as Nigerians, which in turn implies that we are fasting walking on a thing rope.

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'we Live In Fear In Indonesia' Nigerians Cry As 'kabaka' Pictures Surface by Partnerbiz(f): 4:17pm On Apr 27, 2017
Nigerians everywhwre suffering and striving to succeed.

2 Likes

Re: 'we Live In Fear In Indonesia' Nigerians Cry As 'kabaka' Pictures Surface by Rilwayne001: 4:20pm On Apr 27, 2017
If not to carry drug, why would any sane Nigerian travel to Indonesia of all places

195 Likes 18 Shares

Re: 'we Live In Fear In Indonesia' Nigerians Cry As 'kabaka' Pictures Surface by veekid(m): 4:25pm On Apr 27, 2017
Dem pursue you for naija?

16 Likes

Re: 'we Live In Fear In Indonesia' Nigerians Cry As 'kabaka' Pictures Surface by Swahili0(f): 4:25pm On Apr 27, 2017

stupid people

they should come back

8 Likes

Re: 'we Live In Fear In Indonesia' Nigerians Cry As 'kabaka' Pictures Surface by goshen26: 4:26pm On Apr 27, 2017
After reading the story carefully, checking the names with utmost care, names from a certain tribe was involved.... Haba, make una leave CRIME, na lie..

So u want to soil the name NIGERIA finish, then go on to have a new name called BIAFRA.. AMADIOHA of ur land will not support u...

Flee Crime

85 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'we Live In Fear In Indonesia' Nigerians Cry As 'kabaka' Pictures Surface by policy12: 4:26pm On Apr 27, 2017
Re: 'we Live In Fear In Indonesia' Nigerians Cry As 'kabaka' Pictures Surface by Swahili0(f): 4:26pm On Apr 27, 2017
Rilwayne001:
If not to carry drug, why would any sane Nigerian travel to Indonesia of all places

so point

21 Likes

Re: 'we Live In Fear In Indonesia' Nigerians Cry As 'kabaka' Pictures Surface by Lakebeyin(m): 4:26pm On Apr 27, 2017
Why alwayz nigerians?
Re: 'we Live In Fear In Indonesia' Nigerians Cry As 'kabaka' Pictures Surface by Nobody: 4:27pm On Apr 27, 2017
Come back home!

2 Likes

Re: 'we Live In Fear In Indonesia' Nigerians Cry As 'kabaka' Pictures Surface by Nobody: 4:27pm On Apr 27, 2017
Come back home na

2 Likes

Re: 'we Live In Fear In Indonesia' Nigerians Cry As 'kabaka' Pictures Surface by Fabulosdave01: 4:27pm On Apr 27, 2017
See I am a proud Nigerian and I respect all people of all tribes. I respect Igbo people for their intelligence and business mindset but we really need to start telling ourselves the truth. Not saying all other tribes are perfect but you guys really need to talk to your brothers to stop carrying drugs to another mans country. They have strict laws and it's clear they do no like drugs. Nigeria now has a bad name.

93 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'we Live In Fear In Indonesia' Nigerians Cry As 'kabaka' Pictures Surface by Okoyiboz3: 4:27pm On Apr 27, 2017
Sanchez01:

A Nigerian living in Indonesia, Douglas Hope Onyebuchi, aka Kabaka,was killed by security operatives during a drug bust.

"The Indonesian police don't care again because of the bad name we Nigerians here have given ourselves.

"On the September 6th, 2016, Ekene from Anambra States living in an Apartment in the West Jakarta was gunned down in his room after Police failed to nail him down with any evidence.

"On the 4th of January, 2017, Ike and Chiwetalu from Nsukka in Enugu State were gunned down too after their woman confessed to be trafficking drug for them.

"Another one happened just yesterday 25th of April, 2017. Another guy from Imo State on a tip of that He sent his woman to go and deliver drug.

According to the Jakarta Post however, security operatives said Douglas Hope Onyebuchi, aka Kabaka, was killed during a drug bust when he tried to wrestle a gun from the police.

Insp. Gen. M. Iriawan who is the Jakarta police chief said the deceased and his wife shipped in a package containing two kilograms of methamphetamine from Guangzhou, China which were disguised as sandals.

thejakartapost initially reported the drug bust incident, which led to the death of Enugu-born Douglas whom Indonesian police claimed was found with methamphetamine, a powerful, highly addictive stimulant that affects the central nervous system.

http://themomentng..com.ng/2017/04/we-live-in-fear-in-indonesia-nigerians.html
https://www.naij.com/1101531-nigerian-man-enugu-onuebuchi-killed-by-police-indonesia-smuggling-banned-con.html

Let us tell ourselves the truth, the Igbos glorify crime and exalt criminals. Osisikanwu was an armed robber terrorising Igboland, yet he was given a chieftaincy title in Igboland. As much as TA Orji destroyed the lives of Abians, he was given the title of Ochendo Ndigbo in that same Anambra state.

There are honest Igbos but when they voice out their protest at the brazen celebration of criminality and criminals, they are shouted down and murdered like Barr. Barnabas Igwe and his pregnant wife.

If these criminals in Indonesia had succeeded in their drug trade, they would have bought chieftaincy titles and be behaving like Mr. Akiolu Baale of Lagos Island.

137 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 'we Live In Fear In Indonesia' Nigerians Cry As 'kabaka' Pictures Surface by DJInfluence: 4:27pm On Apr 27, 2017
Sanchez01:
I could remember mentioning the need to redeeming the country's name on the other thread. I don't blame the world if they end up stereotyping us in this manner. It is no longer a case of 'few bad eggs', but many bad eggs.
+1

18 Likes

Re: 'we Live In Fear In Indonesia' Nigerians Cry As 'kabaka' Pictures Surface by Arsenalholic(m): 4:27pm On Apr 27, 2017
Nigerians are the ones bringing the plights on themselves. And it's so sad to see. I love this country, but I am losing that love gradually with what I see everyday.

I watched 3 videos of drug trafficking Nigerians being interrogated by policemen in Malaysia after their arrest. One of the policemen said something that made mynheart shatter into a million pieces"

"Nigerians are the disgrace of Africa. And the people bringing this disgrace to Nigeria are the IBO (that was the way the officer pronounced "Igbo").

I swear this country has become a BIG disgrace where other Nations are concerned. I think it's time we all went our separate ways...

68 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 'we Live In Fear In Indonesia' Nigerians Cry As 'kabaka' Pictures Surface by salford: 4:28pm On Apr 27, 2017
So ipods are being persecuted in indonesia too and not only in Nigeria?

10 Likes

Re: 'we Live In Fear In Indonesia' Nigerians Cry As 'kabaka' Pictures Surface by guchi120(m): 4:28pm On Apr 27, 2017
If not to carry drug, why would any sane Nigerian travel to Indonesia of all places [/quote] u just took it off my mouth. Why .... ?

19 Likes

Re: 'we Live In Fear In Indonesia' Nigerians Cry As 'kabaka' Pictures Surface by Nobody: 4:28pm On Apr 27, 2017
And the name calling begins...

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 'we Live In Fear In Indonesia' Nigerians Cry As 'kabaka' Pictures Surface by Nobody: 4:29pm On Apr 27, 2017
psucc:
AFO afon afonjia

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'we Live In Fear In Indonesia' Nigerians Cry As 'kabaka' Pictures Surface by tbaba1234: 4:29pm On Apr 27, 2017
Innocent Nigerians suffer because of the bad reputation created by other Nigerians.

If it is not email scam, it is drugs, prostitution or human trafficking. We must work to improve our conditions at home.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'we Live In Fear In Indonesia' Nigerians Cry As 'kabaka' Pictures Surface by YonkijiSappo: 4:30pm On Apr 27, 2017
We Igbos are losing so much respect.
Everyone now sees us as nothing but a clan of criminals.
To see an Igbo person in Asia these days is now almost tantamount to seeing a drug peddler, scammer or just a wanton criminal.

It is insane really! sad
Shuku Okuko Bambiala... come to the aid of your childreeeen! angry
This is a very bad period in history to be a Flattino, makes everyone so sad on their behalf.

56 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 'we Live In Fear In Indonesia' Nigerians Cry As 'kabaka' Pictures Surface by Arewa12: 4:30pm On Apr 27, 2017
Wetin you find go der
Re: 'we Live In Fear In Indonesia' Nigerians Cry As 'kabaka' Pictures Surface by Nobody: 4:31pm On Apr 27, 2017
Go home and stop giving us bad name, it's not by force to drive Range Rover in lekki.

33 Likes

Re: 'we Live In Fear In Indonesia' Nigerians Cry As 'kabaka' Pictures Surface by AustineCJ: 4:31pm On Apr 27, 2017
In as much as am an igbo but I feel little or no pity for these ones who have decided to trade the wrong path, igbos all over the world are known to be hardworking let's stop crime or doesn't pay. If after the whole warnings n laws from Indonesia government my people still carry drugs let the police shoot them at sight, they ain't worth living.... these r the types that will return to Nigeria n cause wahala in the family

17 Likes

Re: 'we Live In Fear In Indonesia' Nigerians Cry As 'kabaka' Pictures Surface by Amberon: 4:31pm On Apr 27, 2017
Is this how they develop Indonesia? Unlike Nigeria that has no laws, Indonesia as well as many other Asian countries have strict laws in place against drug traffickers/offenders.

If you're gonna live in a foreign country the least you can do is behave yourself.

19 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"Why I Cut Off My Boyfriend’s Manhood" - 17-Year-Old Girl Confesses In Jigawa / Fecit Faith Banfa: Decomposing Body Of Lady Found In Her Abuja Apartment / I Didn’t Kill Usifo Ataga- Chidinma Denies Killing Super TV CEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.