Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,204 members, 7,822,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

Ken Nnamani Leaves A Book Launch Visibly Angry During Argument Over Biafra - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ken Nnamani Leaves A Book Launch Visibly Angry During Argument Over Biafra (38313 Views)

Amaechi, Osinbajo And Other APC Leaders Looking Visibly Defeated At APC Meeting / Ezinne Chime And Ken Nnamani Are Engaged (Photos) / Buratai, 13 Others Taken To U.S. District Court Over Biafra Protests. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ken Nnamani Leaves A Book Launch Visibly Angry During Argument Over Biafra by Reference(m): 11:19am On May 01, 2017
jomonic:
Other than agitation we should be talking about restructuring via constitutional reforms. But this is going to be very difficult because you must pass the bills through the lower and upper house and thereafter presidential ascent. Those who favour agitation (IPOB, etc) understand that with the way Nigeria's legislature is constituted it will be easier for the camel to go through the eye of a needle than for these reforms to pass through the legislature and executive. The people against constitutional reforms and who are benefitting from the present order are in majority in both lower and upper chambers. They will not allow constitutional reforms because it will not favour them. Does senator Ken Nnamani not know this; that it is part of the frustration providing stimulus for Biafra agitation. Nigeria is great with its present diversity but only if all people are fairly treated. Ken Nnamani is just one of those selfish Igbo politicians and should not be taken seriously.

Exactly. They think those who maintain the status quo are fools. They have been working extra hard since independence to ensure Nigeria remains this way. Had it been Nigeria is a success story no one will complain but it is not. That in trying to reboot the country is a threat to some is understandable but for those who suffer it most to desire it remains this way forever is quite frankly baffling. Just look at the DSS recruitment issue of late and the excuse that was given for it and those who are affected adversely are just laughing it off, then telling you to tone down your own agitation. You use words, they use action to project their power and influence. Be toning down you hear.... bull crap. Ken thinks he can negotiate with Rome. Yes, they accepted Paul, heard him and then hung him.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ken Nnamani Leaves A Book Launch Visibly Angry During Argument Over Biafra by Mrbigman1(m): 11:26am On May 01, 2017
Mynd44:

When I hear people say the North used terrorism for political advantage I always say perhaps a few did but that few does not represent a double figure percential because who has lost more due to boko haram?

Same way when people try to tie it to Islam. I ask then to count how many Muslims have died as a result of boko haram compared to every other religion combined

U seem not to get it.
If BKH boys re running Dia game, the political class tends to use this for a larger political advantage.

That's if the war was not actually politically motivated before it went outta hand.
Re: Ken Nnamani Leaves A Book Launch Visibly Angry During Argument Over Biafra by NoBasisForUnity: 11:35am On May 01, 2017
kitaatita:

You'd be deceiving yourself if you think that every Igbo supports your IPOB agitation. IPOB may be popular in Igboland, but the group is not as influential as IYC or Arewa Youths or even OPC. These other groups understand when and how to reach out and when to fight. If Federal Government says no to IYC, OPC or Arewa, government would know the consequences. But there is no consequences when you repudiate IPOB. Nothing. IPOB no carry weight. IPOB is just another street dance group; a carnival of unemployed youths.

We will take you serious, when you go on the streets of Igweocha, Aba, Onitsha and repeat this opinion with a loudspeaker. That day we'll know if Igbos will save you from IPOB. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ken Nnamani Leaves A Book Launch Visibly Angry During Argument Over Biafra by Nobody: 11:35am On May 01, 2017
smiley smiley smiley
Re: Ken Nnamani Leaves A Book Launch Visibly Angry During Argument Over Biafra by Habeyy(m): 11:50am On May 01, 2017
whitebeard:
omo I tire for this people so unreasonable, foolish and stubborn..that is why they did not give them leadership during independence..

they would be behaving like Japanese always wanting to die for anything even though it is pointless..really who does that (biafrans)

if all your money is going to the north why is it that majority of beggars are northerners, why did they use BK. to get money, why is the north underdeveloped

your money is not with the north, your money is with your leaders why won't u all see this.

kanu agitating for biafra is just a diversion u people still can't see that..do u think the west also don't have resources, do u think we can't stand up and fight

it called maturity..which only 40% of igbo have..!!

omo this rain though..!!
bad guy,u nailed it...leave if u wan leave na by force,Lagos is massively developed,ondo ..there is oil,Oyo is developing,Ogun is on a fast track .infact even Ogun and Lagos have oil reserves ,if the west stand alone as a country they will still be one of the richest country in Africa,the port of Lagos,gateway of Ogun,oil of ondo,Lagos,Ogun,cheap agic produce of ekiti and tourist sites in osun is more than enough to make the yorubas a foremost country,Our Igbo brothers open your eyes go to school and tell the learned ones among you to stop deceiving you,shun hooliganism .Acts like this are making you go down the pecking order.No government or even organisation will want to involve people who reasons "anticlockwisely" in its affairs,think THINK and think...I repeat this yeye movement is just a diversion ...they are milking you real good...you have aba,Onitsha and others yet you can't beat Lagos.. think my people

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ken Nnamani Leaves A Book Launch Visibly Angry During Argument Over Biafra by whitebeard(m): 11:54am On May 01, 2017
Habeyy:
bad guy,u nailed it...leave if u wan leave na by force,Lagos is massively developed,ondo ..there is oil,Oyo is developing,Ogun is on a fast track .infact even Ogun and Lagos have oil reserves ,if the west stand alone as a country they will still be one of the richest country in Africa,the port of Lagos,gateway of Ogun,oil of ondo,Lagos,Ogun,cheap agic produce of ekiti and tourist sites in osun is more than enough to make the yorubas a foremost country,Our Igbo brothers open your eyes go to school and tell the learned ones among you to stop deceiving you,shun hooliganism .Acts like this are making you go down the pecking order.No government or even organisation will want to involve people who reasons "anticlockwisely" in its affairs,think THINK and think...I repeat this yeye movement is just a diversion ...they are milking you real good...you have aba,Onitsha and others yet you can't beat Lagos.. think my people
thank u ooo..kanu will end up injuring this people

1 Like

Re: Ken Nnamani Leaves A Book Launch Visibly Angry During Argument Over Biafra by donborg(m): 12:07pm On May 01, 2017
Pierocash:
Like i keep saying, agitation and seccession won't solve the igbo problem.Restrucructuring the nation is the best bet,only two category of people are in support of breakup (1)The corrupt southerners who want to use breakup to evade judgement (2)The gullibles and illiterates who knws nothing abt governance.
The Igbos are better off in Nigeria
ur writeup is full of incoherence and crass ignorance. that u re delusional is an understatement. igbos are better off in nigeria my foot. your govt should've educated the 'gullibles and illiterates' instead of murdering them in cold blood. when Gej was begging u guys to restructure nigeria, u guys refused. now that the chicken has come to roost, u guys now want restructuring. RESTURUCTURING my foot.

1 Like

Re: Ken Nnamani Leaves A Book Launch Visibly Angry During Argument Over Biafra by OAFMods: 12:15pm On May 01, 2017
raker300:
Ken nnamani is a crook..tried to destroy enugu because he had issues with chimaroke nnamani the then governor of enugu.

Ken is the reason chimaroke left pdp.. now the punk has joined apc. He's so politically irrevalant in the east...can't even point to a zinc he mounted in his name in enugu. Nonsense

Every soul is dictates does not align with your bliv must be crucified. Which party is the Chimaroke ? I guess you will say the same thing if Obiano joins APC tomorrow.
Re: Ken Nnamani Leaves A Book Launch Visibly Angry During Argument Over Biafra by Proudlyngwa(m): 12:17pm On May 01, 2017
nawtyme:

So according to you, the Army was sent only when Thief TA orji decided to join PDP but he went on to deny that the state was under any crisis prior to troops been sent?
Sadly thays politics for you.
They dont care about us.
That was a classical game of intrests.
Ihie junction has not recovered till today.

1 Like

Re: Ken Nnamani Leaves A Book Launch Visibly Angry During Argument Over Biafra by Pierocash(m): 12:20pm On May 01, 2017
donborg:
ur writeup is full of incoherence and crass ignorance. that u re delusional is an understatement. igbos are better off in nigeria my foot. your govt should've educated the 'gullibles and illiterates' instead of murdering them in cold blood. when Gej was begging u guys to restructure nigeria, u guys refused. now that the chicken has come to roost, u guys now want restructuring. RESTURUCTURING my foot.
u are a dumb fool and a deranged being. Tell me what a kid like u understand by been incoherent?Ur stupid illiterate agitators led by a terrorist by name Kanu were in this country whn ur clueless and corrupt otuoke man was president, why was there no agitation for seccession? This is just a gathering of jobless and illiterate youths been brainwashed to actualise some political quest due to their loss of 2015 election.
Ur submission is nothing but hug wash and balderdash.Keep agitating, ur mumu Kanu is out of prison bt his fellow fools are still languishing in kuje.
Whr is Uwazuruike and massob?after enriching himself it is nw Kanu turn.kwantinu ur stupidity

2 Likes

Re: Ken Nnamani Leaves A Book Launch Visibly Angry During Argument Over Biafra by me69: 12:36pm On May 01, 2017
Igbo like to think that they are educated i don't think so. Any educated individual will realize that federalism allows each people to chose their fate and if igbos can continue to allow corruption in their state and say others marginalize them it is just ignorant to me.

1 Like

Re: Ken Nnamani Leaves A Book Launch Visibly Angry During Argument Over Biafra by tifany89(m): 12:51pm On May 01, 2017
nawtyme:

I have a few questions for you.
1.How did boko haram start?
2. Who, where and what were their initial targets?
3. What was the level of support they received from the Northerners and their elites initially before things went south?
4. When the former administration tried to crush them what was the response of the Northern elites including those who said "The fight against Boko Haram is Anti-north" and the refusal to extend the state of emergency despite agreeing to leave the governor in charge?
What ever we are seeing now is an after effect of honest answers to the questions I asked.
For example, few years ago, there was a terror sect in Abia state operating mainly around Ngwa axis. . They kidnapped civilians and even police men, killed many and took ransom for others. When the military came into Abia state, how many weeks did they need to kill osisikankwu? This is because they received plenty of cooperation from locals. It was a concerted effort to flush out the bad eggs from the community.
When a wound is left to foster, it turns to a sore and in the end, the leg is chopped off.
Very apt and precise. You have no respect wehdone sir
Re: Ken Nnamani Leaves A Book Launch Visibly Angry During Argument Over Biafra by tifany89(m): 12:52pm On May 01, 2017
nawtyme:

I have a few questions for you.
1.How did boko haram start?
2. Who, where and what were their initial targets?
3. What was the level of support they received from the Northerners and their elites initially before things went south?
4. When the former administration tried to crush them what was the response of the Northern elites including those who said "The fight against Boko Haram is Anti-north" and the refusal to extend the state of emergency despite agreeing to leave the governor in charge?
What ever we are seeing now is an after effect of honest answers to the questions I asked.
For example, few years ago, there was a terror sect in Abia state operating mainly around Ngwa axis. . They kidnapped civilians and even police men, killed many and took ransom for others. When the military came into Abia state, how many weeks did they need to kill osisikankwu? This is because they received plenty of cooperation from locals. It was a concerted effort to flush out the bad eggs from the community.
When a wound is left to foster, it turns to a sore and in the end, the leg is chopped off.
Very apt and precise. You have my respect wehdone sir
Re: Ken Nnamani Leaves A Book Launch Visibly Angry During Argument Over Biafra by sshalom(m): 1:00pm On May 01, 2017
GavelSlam:
They keep thinking the north use Boko Haram.

Is this also the case in Cameroun and other countries with insurgency?

Nigerians love conspiracies so much that after they invent them they believe them like a religion.

While the former commissioner's assertions may not be completely true, there are several indications that the actions of Northern elites particularly the current rulers of Nigeria led to the growth and deadly consequences of Boko Haram.
Re: Ken Nnamani Leaves A Book Launch Visibly Angry During Argument Over Biafra by nawtyme: 1:15pm On May 01, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

Sadly thays politics for you.
They dont care about us.
That was a classical game of intrests.
Ihie junction has not recovered till today.
Thief TA Orji joined PDP officially around June 2010. Osisikanku was killed by the Military around December that same year. In as much as what you said could be true I don't think it is because he totally denied on the dailies about any issue in Abia state.
He joined PDP to solidify his reelection in 2011 and to be free from the constant embarrassment he received from the mother of Orji Uzo Kalu.
So if he did join PDP to get get federal troops to quail an insurrection which he vehemently denied, why was the Same tactics not used in other Igbo states in opposition?
Even after he was killed, why do you still have a military base at Asa high school area since their aim have been achieved?
Re: Ken Nnamani Leaves A Book Launch Visibly Angry During Argument Over Biafra by nawtyme: 1:15pm On May 01, 2017
tifany89:

Very apt and precise. You have my respect wehdone sir
Thanks boss
Re: Ken Nnamani Leaves A Book Launch Visibly Angry During Argument Over Biafra by Biafman: 1:21pm On May 01, 2017
GavelSlam:
They keep thinking the north use Boko Haram.

Is this also the case in Cameroun and other countries with insurgency?

Nigerians love conspiracies so much that after they invent them they believe them like a religion.
Don't be silly. What is that fool called Nnamani talking about getting education and certificate? Are those that have connered the power by military violence and restructured the government in a way that it excludes Igbos more educated than Igbos? They used military power and violence of all means to coner the power today, yet Nnamani is talking about education which the Igbo are far much better than those that think they are born to rule.

1 Like

Re: Ken Nnamani Leaves A Book Launch Visibly Angry During Argument Over Biafra by nawtyme: 1:22pm On May 01, 2017
me69:
Igbo like to think that they are educated i don't think so. Any educated individual will realize that federalism allows each people to chose their fate and if igbos can continue to allow corruption in their state and say others marginalize them it is just ignorant to me.
Mr education tell us where you are from and let's compare the educational statistics of your region with ours?
Ordinary petroleum industry bill or constitution amendment to correct some useless things in the 1999 constitution have been impossible to achieve and you are here blabbing about federalism. If not for the violent strides of the militants, do you think the 13 percent derivation of the oil producing states would have been achieved?
Was true federalism not part of what was agreed after the last National conference, where is that conference report today?

1 Like

Re: Ken Nnamani Leaves A Book Launch Visibly Angry During Argument Over Biafra by genearts(m): 1:25pm On May 01, 2017
ESDKING:
Mynd44, you should not be biased for any reason, what type of mod are you ?. Seun, this is getting out of hand, I don't understand this forum again.

Biased as how? because you dont like his oppinion meams he is biased? a mod cannot express his oppinion again?

you guys are so fvcking annoying. smh

2 Likes

Re: Ken Nnamani Leaves A Book Launch Visibly Angry During Argument Over Biafra by Proudlyngwa(m): 1:54pm On May 01, 2017
nawtyme:

Thief TA Orji joined PDP officially around June 2010. Osisikanku was killed by the Military around December that same year. In as much as what you said could be true I don't think it is because he totally denied on the dailies about any issue in Abia state.
He joined PDP to solidify his reelection in 2011 and to be free from the constant embarrassment he received from the mother of Orji Uzo Kalu.
So if he did join PDP to get get federal troops to quail an insurrection which he vehemently denied, why was the Same tactics not used in other Igbo states in opposition?
Even after he was killed, why do you still have a military base at Asa high school area since their aim have been achieved?
The Army at Asa has overstayed their welcome. The inefficiency of the police is what keeps them there.
Did you think he will decamp, and osisikanku will be killed the next day.
Dont forget an amnesty was declared in Abia state, but then who the gods want to kill, the first make mad.

As for T. A Orjis reason, believe politicians at your peril.

1 Like

Re: Ken Nnamani Leaves A Book Launch Visibly Angry During Argument Over Biafra by donborg(m): 1:55pm On May 01, 2017
Pierocash:
u are a dumb fool and a deranged being. Tell me what a kid like u understand by been incoherent?Ur stupid illiterate agitators led by a terrorist by name Kanu were in this country whn ur clueless and corrupt otuoke man was president, why was there no agitation for seccession? This is just a gathering of jobless and illiterate youths been brainwashed to actualise some political quest due to their loss of 2015 election.
Ur submission is nothing but hug wash and balderdash.Keep agitating, ur mumu Kanu is out of prison bt his fellow fools are still languishing in kuje.
Whr is Uwazuruike and massob?after enriching himself it is nw Kanu turn.kwantinu ur stupidity
hmmn...your delusion is really irrevocable and permanent. kanu started his agitation during Gej's rule.he wasnt taken serious because gej was doing well and wasnt expected to lose. his loss was an eye opener that the ss/se were literarily slaves in this country which was what kanu was telling us all along.

1 Like

Re: Ken Nnamani Leaves A Book Launch Visibly Angry During Argument Over Biafra by sepalapen(m): 2:07pm On May 01, 2017
With all your education you can still lack wisdom .somebody lack it here.after all your study and a person without certificate is leading you who is fooling who .

1 Like

Re: Ken Nnamani Leaves A Book Launch Visibly Angry During Argument Over Biafra by me69: 3:04pm On May 01, 2017
nawtyme:

Mr education tell us where you are from and let's compare the educational statistics of your region with ours?
Ordinary petroleum industry bill or constitution amendment to correct some useless things in the 1999 constitution have been impossible to achieve and you are here blabbing about federalism. If not for the violent strides of the militants, do you think the 13 percent derivation of the oil producing states would have been achieved?
Was true federalism not part of what was agreed after the last National conference, where is that conference report today?

But biafra keep saying it is not about the oil, i have removed you mask of pretendors. Let me tell you lots of our oil assets are offshore second other african states don't live off 13 percent but are more developed that your states. You as a people cannot succeed because you always point fingers at others, it is never your falts it north, fulani, FG, UK, this one, that one while your politicians steel and you praise them. You want easy money and fast that is why most of you are doing importation business, northern people are real traders most of their rich men are traders. Yoruba dey do in own thing no dey complain, igbo always. IGBO you are the most tribalistic among tribes in Nigeria why?

Get this through your head the era of oil is over everybody is discovering oil
Re: Ken Nnamani Leaves A Book Launch Visibly Angry During Argument Over Biafra by Pierocash(m): 3:28pm On May 01, 2017
donborg:
hmmn...your delusion is really irrevocable and permanent. kanu started his agitation during Gej's rule.he wasnt taken serious because gej was doing well and wasnt expected to lose. his loss was an eye opener that the ss/se were literarily slaves in this country which was what kanu was telling us all along.
Ur dumbess is raise to power 2.
Did u just say Jonathan did well,Hahahahahaha! I can't believe there are still some blind and delusional beings.evn whn the logic if his misrule is so blatant and vivid that evn his own people lamented his dumbness coupled with corruption, u are here spewing falsehood. His rigime was so destructive to the point that evn his god father Edwin Clarke couldn't stomach it any longer bt called him most corrupt.
Kwantinu ur mumu
Re: Ken Nnamani Leaves A Book Launch Visibly Angry During Argument Over Biafra by donborg(m): 4:44pm On May 01, 2017
Pierocash:
Ur dumbess is raise to power 2.
Did u just say Jonathan did well,Hahahahahaha! I can't believe there are still some blind and delusional beings.evn whn the logic if his misrule is so blatant and vivid that evn his own people lamented his dumbness coupled with corruption, u are here spewing falsehood. His rigime was so destructive to the point that evn his god father Edwin Clarke couldn't stomach it any longer bt called him most corrupt.
Kwantinu ur mumu
if he did not do well for the igbos, then why did we vote for him massively during the 2015 elections? that he took some money is right (any president/governor that didnt steal money will go to heaven) but that doesnt mean that he didnt do well.

1 Like

Re: Ken Nnamani Leaves A Book Launch Visibly Angry During Argument Over Biafra by laudate: 4:57pm On May 01, 2017
donborg:
if he did not do well for the igbos, then why did we vote for him massively during the 2015 elections? that he took some money is right (any president/governor that didnt steal money will go to heaven) but that doesnt mean that he didnt do well.

Good question!! Am scratching my head, trying to find the answer.... undecided
Re: Ken Nnamani Leaves A Book Launch Visibly Angry During Argument Over Biafra by ndubueze92(m): 5:25pm On May 01, 2017
Mynd44:

When I hear people say the North used terrorism for political advantage I always say perhaps a few did but that few does not represent a double figure percential because who has lost more due to boko haram?

Same way when people try to tie it to Islam. I ask then to count how many Muslims have died as a result of boko haram compared to every other religion combined
Get yourself together and think of how BH started. Who where the targets? That bloody December 25th...will forever remain fresh in my memory! I remember at the early stage.... Northern elders said attack on BH is an attack on the youths of the North... BH recently included all others in their spectrum of terrorist attacks after pledging to a higher order... The so called ISlL... Nigerians are double standard people... They don't get to the root of a historical event. They just filter it and make haste conclusions... We're too divided to remain one.... Too sentimental... I want out of Nigeria... Though for now my loyalty to Nigeria and is unquestionable and not to a mentally retarded politician...
Re: Ken Nnamani Leaves A Book Launch Visibly Angry During Argument Over Biafra by xelly: 5:28pm On May 01, 2017
He should drive straight to third mainland bridge. Some creatures there are hungry.
Re: Ken Nnamani Leaves A Book Launch Visibly Angry During Argument Over Biafra by ensamy(m): 6:01pm On May 01, 2017
The land of the risen sun. Indeed they was a country.
Chimamanda's outfit and outlook.

Re: Ken Nnamani Leaves A Book Launch Visibly Angry During Argument Over Biafra by donborg(m): 6:16pm On May 01, 2017
laudate:

Good question!! Am scratching my head, trying to find the answer.... undecided
igbos were marginilised in all sense of the word- infrastuctures and appointments were deemed out of the reach of the igbos.... jonathan's appointments changed all that. he gave us SGF, COAS, SUPER MINISTERS etc which, though it wasnt enough (he didnt tackle d infrastructural deficit), gave us hope for more...but your dead president took it all away.
Re: Ken Nnamani Leaves A Book Launch Visibly Angry During Argument Over Biafra by dmz1: 9:44pm On May 01, 2017
me69:

sorry to say this, you are a fool.

"federalism allows each people to choose their fate" yet herdsmen are killing people up and down with the security agencies conniving with them.

there is no sector controlled by the govt that is working

there is nepotism, injustice and massive corruption in this country yet you are comfortable with them.
it baffles me how people could be so blind, unthinking, can't project into the future and so afraid of change.
Re: Ken Nnamani Leaves A Book Launch Visibly Angry During Argument Over Biafra by Dedetwo(m): 11:27pm On May 01, 2017
BabaRamota1980:

ABUJA-Discordant tunes greeted the agitation for the Sovereign State of Biafra Thursday following the disagreements among eminent Igbo personalities on the contentious issue at a book launch in Abuja.

The book “The Audacity of Power and the Nigeria Presidency-Exclusion of the South East in Nigeria’s Power Politics and the Spectre of Biafra” written by Godwin Ifeanyi Udibe and Law Mefor brought together the likes of former Senate President, Ken Nnamani, Senator Ben Obi, Enyinnaya Abaribe and Udenta Udenta.

Chairman of the occasion and former Minister of Power, Professor Chinedu Nebo represented by Senator Obi lauded the efforts of the authors, stressing that for a truth, the marginalization of the Igbo people is real.

“The book is a narrative of what has been happening to a group of people from the South-East. It is about how a people have been systematically harassed and denied,” Obi stated in his opening remarks.

For Senator Nnamani, what the Igbo needs is the restructuring of the Nigerian State to pave way for each of the federating units to grow at their own pace.

“Our people stand to gain from restructuring rather than agitation. By July 6th, it would be 50 years we went to war. I participated in Biafra war. Some other places that didn’t go to war are not doing better than us. If you take a look at Abuja, particularly hotels, about two-thirds of them are owned by people of the South-East or the South in general. The Yoruba are talking about restructuring, not exiting the union.

I am here to encourage our people that the idea of having our young ones who ought to be in the classrooms, parade the streets, demonstrating and trying to kill themselves or get shot at, will not help us.

The Igbo can still do it; we are known for our ingenuity, our industry…We have to be at the place where decisions are being made. Igbo are better off in Nigeria if there is restructuring and we are not afraid to compete. We are asking for a level playing field and we are prepared to compete. This is better than agitation. Go and read and get good certificates,” he said.

The book reviewer, Udenta Udenta also spoke in like manner, calling on those pushing for agitation to shelve the idea. “We cannot solve any problem without being able to influence the National Assembly to make laws that would work for the people.

The new Biafra is a broken memorization of a lost hope; it is utopian… In creating a new Biafra for example, I, a hard working intellectual who may want to contest election in my own local setting within the new Republic must contend with the billionaire class that may not have abolished the monetization of politics. If politics is still monetized, if you have wage labourers and wage employers, and gender issues; how do you create a nation if you suppress all these other identity issues and expect everybody to answer only one name?”

However, a former Commissioner of Information in Imo State, Nze Elvis Agukwe took Senator Nnamani to the cleaners, asking what has become of the education of the Igbo people in the political power game.

“We must continue to agitate for if the North is using Boko Haram to press home their interest, we will use agitation to press for power. Despite the level of our education, we have been left empty-handed,” said the ex-commissioner in a veiled response to Nnamani’s charge that Igbo youth should pick up their books and read their way to a brighter future.

Expectedlly, the former Senate President exited the venue of the book launch, visibly angry at the Agukwe’s choice of words and the manner of his expression.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/www.vanguardngr.com/2017/04/biafra-igbo-better-off-nigeria-restructuring/amp/

The so-called Senator Nnamani espoused one of the many differences between a European and an African. The African will always deduced who is better by mere silly perception. What are the yardsticks used by the dimwit Senator Nnamani in order to conclude that Ndigbo are better than others ethnical group in Nigeria despite of the war? What is the meaning of the so-called education when there is no opportunity to apply it in nation building? The Katsina State had cut off mark of 4 to gain admission into higher institution of learning while state such as Anambra State had 139 yet Katsina State provides more federal government work force than combined states of Anambra, Imo and Abia. By the way, what manner of education does this loafer of Senator Nnamani was on about when a simple headache ironically induced by haunger meant death in Nigeria?

This so-called Senator Nnamani should use his education to realize that agitation for Biafra does not indirectly or directly meant the end of Nigeria. He can still stay in Nigeria while the Biafrans wave him bye-bye. There is no unity in Nigeria and no country had ever developed beyond daily bread without solid patriotism. According to Awo, Nigeria is a mere geographical expression.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) / Sowore: Chris Coons, Chuck Schumer, Karen Bass Demand For His Release / Buhari And Osinbajo Enjoying Breakfast Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.