Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,316 members, 7,829,761 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern (53185 Views)

Top 20 Universities With Most Employed Graduates In Nigeria (list) / Nigeria Universities With The Most Employable Graduates- STUTERN 2018 Edition / Nigerian Universities With The Highest Number Of Professors - NUC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by sirusX(m): 2:16pm On May 04, 2017
This list is so unreliable

Did it mention if the graduates worked in their field of study

Besides, I don't recall them reaching any company I know in & out

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by Orpe7(m): 2:17pm On May 04, 2017
Anyone can feed the internet anything. But wetin concern na kukukma LASU i take finish grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by CoCoLav(f): 2:17pm On May 04, 2017
Please someone should clear this confusion for me.

If Unilag has 1 million graduates and 500 thousand of the students are employed

Covenant has 100 thousand students and 70 thousand are employed

Would it be fair to say Covenant University has a higher employment rate without taking into account the average number of graduates per institution?

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by wristbangle: 2:17pm On May 04, 2017
TheVictorious:

Lool bro, why did you just conclude it's through connection? Even connection cannot get someone that is unfit a guaranteed placement you know?

I know which is the reason why I stated earlier that they ask for their resumes when there are job openings and screen those who are fit to work with them through their recruitment process.
Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by Ademat7(m): 2:18pm On May 04, 2017
safarigirl:
oh? Connection doesn't mean you get pole position based on who you know and not what you know anymore?

I know what connection means bro, don't tell me to go learn jack
Lol,hv u heard of referral? People employ who they hv link with
PS: if u hv a former class mate who u know is good in a field and a stranger who is also good,who r u going to gv d job to? #behonest
Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by TheVictorious(m): 2:18pm On May 04, 2017
Lilimax:
Complied by someone from South West embarassed

Is this a criticism of southeast of southwest. What do people from southeast always do or come up with? Just sit back and watch and criticize?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by jhurney(m): 2:19pm On May 04, 2017
lol, someone who attended convenant university surely has the money and connection to be employed.
#whack list... undecidedlol, someone who attended convenant university surely has the money and connection to be employed.
#whack list...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by MaziOmenuko: 2:19pm On May 04, 2017
Beer palour statistics. In a country where keeping a central data is difficult, statistics like these are better pulled from the a;rse of the compilers so they are not to blame.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by jhurney(m): 2:20pm On May 04, 2017
lol, someone who attended convenant university surely has the money and connection to be employed.
#whack list... undecided

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by SonOfEl(m): 2:22pm On May 04, 2017
This is a beautiful piece of trash.
Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by TheVictorious(m): 2:23pm On May 04, 2017
Lyoncrescent:
11 of the top 20 are from the south west. 18 of tg top 20 are from the south with just two from the north. That's interesting.

All the best universities in Nigeria are in south west. And almost all the "good" universities in the country right now are in south west. So, what do you think?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by Lilimax(f): 2:23pm On May 04, 2017
TheVictorious:

Is this a criticism of southeast of southwest. What do people from southeast always do or come up with? Just sit back and watch and criticize?
embarassed
Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by Nobody: 2:23pm On May 04, 2017
safarigirl:
if you are getting a job through connections, it doesn't make you employable.

No wonder these institutions function poorly. They pack a bunch of idiots whose daddies know people and give them jobs. II bet they are pkenty in all those Diamond, GTB and Fidelity banks

Nah,definitely not GTB. GTB's recruitment is free and fair_ just be 26 and below, have a minimum of 2.2. As long as you scale through their recruitment processe and get the job done, your school no concern them.

Quite surprising to see ABSU there. smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by KingyKing: 2:25pm On May 04, 2017
Statsocial:
TheVictorious

Stutern is owned by Oby Ezekweli( Former minister of Education)

To all of ya insulting CU already. Madam Oby has said it all. By the way public schools won in some segments especially on 'return on investment' however let us debate this one first then I would come back with d other ones when less busy.
As a sharp university CU management has downloaded this report hours after it was released so it can better the lots of its graduates by improving on her negative rankings, Yet some of you are still arguing about its validity. Any Nigerian youth or uni that does not read the report is not a serious one

Stutern is owned by kehinde and Taiwo ayanleye.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by Kakamorufu(m): 2:26pm On May 04, 2017
shallla. to my Alma mater. Funaab. we repping

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by Nobody: 2:27pm On May 04, 2017
Great Ife!
Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by beberebe: 2:27pm On May 04, 2017
Statsocial:
As released by Stutern
Statistics where obtained between 2010-2016. Only three Private universities made it to the top 20 while the rest are public universities.

https://stutern.com/employers/resources

https://mobile.twitter.com/hashtag/GradReport?src=hash

@op why didn't you add up all the university in SW....before other region.....

A beautiful site design with a cheerful trash.....

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by Nobody: 2:27pm On May 04, 2017
The list was compiled by a Covenant University student... wink smiley wink wink wink

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by goshen26: 2:27pm On May 04, 2017
Simple arithmetic.

CU is attended by children of the rich, whose parents are connected. They don't stay home after graduation

CU is owned by a church whose G.O has influence both physical, materially and spiritual

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by Nobody: 2:29pm On May 04, 2017
Lilimax:
Complied by someone from South West embarassed
Oby Ezekweli(fmr min of ed) compiled the list and she is not from d S/W
Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by Nezy4Real(m): 2:31pm On May 04, 2017
I don't think this list is fair, why is ABU at the base of the table? Anyway na Naija we dey sha. I rep ABU!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by Nobody: 2:31pm On May 04, 2017
Lol! Funny list.
Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by Nobody: 2:32pm On May 04, 2017
goshen26:
Simple arithmetic.

CU is attended by children of the rich, whose parents are connected. They don't stay home after graduation

CU is owned by a church whose G.O has influence both physical, materially and spiritual

Exactly I can count some CEOs who are pastors in Living Faith and when you get to their companies you would see quite a number of CU folks there. Admittedly there is a connection factor.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by Nobody: 2:33pm On May 04, 2017
AheadMarket:
The list was compiled by a Covenant University student... wink smiley wink wink wink
Lol Na u know

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by BLoomfrancs(m): 2:34pm On May 04, 2017
Afonja propagandism at workcheesycheesy

Their graduates are only good at producing health debilitating herbal melicines.

If you doubt me, ask ‘Baba Oyo’ grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by dguizman(m): 2:34pm On May 04, 2017
glad my school made it...#team eksu

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by Nobody: 2:35pm On May 04, 2017
beberebe:

@op why didn't you add up all the university in SW....before other region.....

A beautiful site design with a cheerful trash.....
The list was forwarded byOby Ezekweli(fmr Min of Education's Organization. Nigerians are too paranoid! undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by Nobody: 2:37pm On May 04, 2017
Employability is a functional of the individual abilities, connections, luck and proximity to Economical developed areas. Many factors have to be taken into consideration when putting together a list like this. Public schools graduate thousands of students compared to private schools. So just pulling out percentages to draw a conclusion is deceiving. And then in Nigeria most of the students of private schools don't stay long in the job market cos their parents are generally more connected than those of public schools. Lots of things are wrong with this stats

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by jimcaddy(m): 2:38pm On May 04, 2017
I doubt the credibility of this report... How can UNAAB have more employable graduates that the Premier University of Ibadan where their standard is so high?? Redeemer's University nko mbok??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by Draxler: 2:38pm On May 04, 2017
Funny people on this thread. Who told you that CU graduates are children of the rich? A lot of parents borrowed money to send their children to that school. Some of them don't have the connections you think they have. Learn to argue with facts. A lot of people just hate the school so they belittle any achievement of the school.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by Nobody: 2:40pm On May 04, 2017
CoCoLav:
Please someone should clear this confusion for me.

If Unilag has 1 million graduates and 500 thousand of the students are employed

Covenant has 100 thousand students and 70 thousand are employed

Would it be fair to say Covenant University has a higher employment rate without taking into account the average number of graduates per institution?
If that is the case then why is it only three private universities that was reflected in the rankings. If it is by that most private unis like AUN, BAZE, ABUAD would come before any public university.
Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by Lyoncrescent: 2:40pm On May 04, 2017
TheVictorious:

All the best universities in Nigeria are in south west. And almost all the "good" universities in the country right now are in south west. So, what do you think?

Question I will ask you is best in what ? Harvard business school has one of the best MBA programs in the world same with London business school. Our own Lagos business school has one of the best MBA programs in Nigeria with their recent aacsb and amba accreditationsthat no other business school in Nigeria has. Every top business school in the world has at least aacsb,amba or equius accreditation. Universities need to have a niche field of excellence then build their reputation and branding from there. Not every course offered by Harvard is the best. So when you say good universities in Nigeria are in south west , I ask good in what ? There are brilliant and employable students in every university and better believe that if your parents can afford to pay Babcock and covenant school fees, they will do everything in their power to get you a job after graduation or sponsor you overseas for a masters degree. That masters degree may be the one that actually influences employability and not the first degree. I went to Babcock so I'm not hating.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Police Arrest Officer, Nwachukwu Chinedu, Who Raped Abia Poly Student (Video) / 10 Year Old Nigerian Girl Accepted In Uk University To Study Maths Degree / Why Do Some School Teachers Sleep With Students?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.