Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,478 members, 7,830,408 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:34 PM

Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern (53192 Views)

Top 20 Universities With Most Employed Graduates In Nigeria (list) / Nigeria Universities With The Most Employable Graduates- STUTERN 2018 Edition / Nigerian Universities With The Highest Number Of Professors - NUC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by Lyoncrescent: 3:18pm On May 04, 2017
TheVictorious:

I went to CU, and besides being a Nigerian, I'm an Igbo, so I'm not hating. What led to this is people that always come here and spew the afonja thrash for every university news they see online simply because most southeastern universities have not been making the news for good reasons since recent times.

When you say best in what, you have to know that we ain't making a comparison in Harvard? We are simply talking about Nigerian universities and how they can improve upon their performance. Besides there are Nigerian universities that a preferred in particular areas of discipline but before you assess a varsitie's strength, it first have to be a standard university. Unfortunately, we both know that majority of the universities in southeast substandard.

Point taken. GOD help Nigerian universities in general.I pray our universities one day can be close to international standards. Of all the universities I've been too in Nigeria including Babcock, the only one that comes close although still distant in terms of research to the best international universities is the pan Atlantic university which houses the Lagos business school. How can lbs be the only school in Nigeria that has international mba accreditation s ? That's sad.Was cracking a joke with a friend the other day that if you want to run masters program in unilag and you are resident in kano, you must physically come to Lagos to process your admission. I don't know if that's true but we all know you can get admission to universities in the UK and USA without ever stepping out of Nigeria until you are about to resume . How many Nigerian universities even have standard and informative websites. something as basic. As that .Your point is valid as one eyed south west universities maybe good in the land of blind universities . GOD help us.
Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by hardbody: 3:19pm On May 04, 2017
TheVictorious:

I went to CU, and besides being a Nigerian, I'm an Igbo, so I'm not hating. What led to this is people that always come here and spew the afonja thrash for every university news they see online simply because most southeastern universities have not been making the news for good reasons since recent times.

When you say best in what, you have to know that we ain't making a comparison in Harvard? We are simply talking about Nigerian universities and how they can improve upon their performance. Besides there are Nigerian universities that a preferred in particular areas of discipline but before you assess a varsitie's strength, it first have to be a standard university. Unfortunately, we both know that majority of the universities in southeast substandard.

I came out with a masters degree from unilag that added no value to my academic skills whatsoever. I even struggled not to lose out on the things I already learnt in my first degree. Over bloated credentials every where.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by TheVictorious(m): 3:21pm On May 04, 2017
Statsocial:

It is a very comprehensive report I think you should read it it all. Try to input your email address after clicking the link I added so they would send it to you.
However I would encourage this organization to employ statistical standardization across the regions to avoid universities within the economic corridors from getting unfair advantage over the ones at the rural areas.

To ur question the time frame was between 2010-2016 and the list was derived from employers. The entire graduate report was analysed using employers and graduates.

BTW I'm already working on trying to get a domain name for our website. I would call you soon and give you a comprehensive briefing.

I HAVE READ IT!

At the emboldened another thing is that the geographical region you're in determines how much access to information you have and how aware you are about certain recruitment, and also how fast you can apply and be assessed. That's why most people flock to Lagos. Well that is not the fault of the company or the employers.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by wolexy07(m): 3:22pm On May 04, 2017
Statsocial:
As released by Stutern
Statistics where obtained between 2010-2016. Only three Private universities made it to the top 20 while the rest are public universities.

https://stutern.com/employers/resources

https://mobile.twitter.com/hashtag/GradReport?src=hash

Poo
Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by obataokenwa(m): 3:22pm On May 04, 2017
hardbody:

Let's put it this way, my company is ranked among one of the best 100 places to work in Nigeria and i do not have graduates from both unis above referenced in my executive management team. I don't know about the lower cadre though
Then your company is not in tune or they're restricted to ethnicity. Mind you, most of the people I worked with are not even from same tribe but all have worked in top five companies in Africa. MTN, LNG, Dangote, Intelistern.... presently Office of the Accountant General.
Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by TheVictorious(m): 3:31pm On May 04, 2017
hardbody:

I came out with a masters degree from unilag that added no value to my academic skills whatsoever. I even struggled not to lose out on the things I already learnt in my first degree. Over bloated credentials every where.

I don't care about unilag or their overbloated credential either - I was not impressed by the way some of their staff replied the last time I was there to make some enquirers which is how many of our universities are. Sad.

What I'm against is Igbos coming here to type afonja or brown roaf republic on every university issues you see on news. We can't still take away the fact that south western universities are trying more as far as higher education is concerned in Nigeria, "Most" times when you here of a huge research grant, top university ranking result, high research impact, international recognition and partnerships, it has to do with universities from south western region (OAU,CU,UI,UNILAG,ABUAD,FUTA). Can you deny this fact

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by hardbody: 3:33pm On May 04, 2017
obataokenwa:
Then your company is not in tune or they're restricted to ethnicity. Mind you, most of the people I worked with are not even from same tribe but all have worked in top five companies in Africa. MTN, LNG, Dangote, Intelistern.... presently Office of the Accountant General.

Ethnicity? My MD is Edo, i am igbo, one other ED is Yoruba, a few other exco members are yoruba while we have one hausa and another edo person as HR head, so please define ethnicity? The core shareholder is yoruba, and it is a public quoted company on the stock exchange with subsidiaries across Africa and the US.

Come out of your small cocoon bro

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by obataokenwa(m): 3:34pm On May 04, 2017
TheVictorious:

I remember my first day as account officer, this particular woman has worked for abt twenty years in acct dept without even school cert. She taught me all... starting from how to prepare salary account, how to use Sage Pastel Evolution and all. From that moment I knew that first degree is just to teach u smartness cos in real workplace, the school u finish from is not the criteria to to know it without been led by a subordinate. reasons why companies advertise for years of experience. No school is better, but individual development matters and how fast one can fix in the work place

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by askakim(m): 3:35pm On May 04, 2017
Fabulous Unaabite!!!
Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by Unsad(m): 3:36pm On May 04, 2017
FUTA. cool cool cool. Tech like that

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by TheVictorious(m): 3:36pm On May 04, 2017
safarigirl:
oh? Connection doesn't mean you get pole position based on who you know and not what you know anymore?

I know what connection means bro, don't tell me to go learn jack

Let me ask you are question.

If your sister and someone else that you don't know who is "equally qualified" for a position applied and you were in the position to employ, who will you consider first? Please be honest.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by hardbody: 3:39pm On May 04, 2017
Chuksdede:

I certainly agree with u..... Seems u are a malabite?

I am a malabite for life, proudly one at that, and thankful too. I was well grounded and can stand shoulder to shoulder with my peers globally....not just Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by obataokenwa(m): 3:39pm On May 04, 2017
hardbody:

Ethnicity? My MD is Edo, i am igbo, one other ED is Yoruba, a few other exco members are yoruba while we have one hausa and another edo person as HR head, so please define ethnicity? The core shareholder is yoruba, and it is a public quoted company on the stock exchange with subsidiaries across Africa and the US.

Come out of your small cocoon bro
I'm igbo too but have not really come across people from other schools as smart as the ones I mentioned earlier. I give up bro
Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by TheVictorious(m): 3:40pm On May 04, 2017
sirusX:
This list is so unreliable

Did it mention if the graduates worked in their field of study

Besides, I don't recall them reaching any company I know in & out

This is the particular thing I've been questioning while reading their elaborate report. When I'm done, I will create a critique here and mention you.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by Handsomecole(m): 3:40pm On May 04, 2017
Convenant is Ist because their parents own the blue chip companies we have around so why won't they be Ist on the list?? Anyways Prouldy Great Ife!!! At least now I know why we have so many UNILAG and LASU graduates roaming the streets or wasting @ home.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by hardbody: 3:41pm On May 04, 2017
obataokenwa:
I remember my first day as account officer, this particular woman has worked for abt twenty years in acct dept without even school cert. She taught me all... starting from how to prepare salary account, how to use Sage Pastel Evolution and all. From that moment I knew that first degree is just to teach u smartness cos in real workplace, the school u finish from is not the criteria to to know it without been led by a subordinate. reasons why companies advertise for years of experience. No school is better, but individual development matters and how fast one can fix in the work place

So apply this your post to the claims about graduates of UNN and ABU

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by thesuave10(m): 3:41pm On May 04, 2017
Statsocial:
As released by Stutern
Statistics where obtained between 2010-2016. Only three Private universities made it to the top 20 while the rest are public universities.

https://stutern.com/employers/resources

https://mobile.twitter.com/hashtag/GradReport?src=hash

Please do you have the full report, I couldn't download it online
Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by beberebe: 3:43pm On May 04, 2017
Statsocial:

Oh God! How many times would I say this. The list was compiled byOby Ezekweli(fmr Min of Education's Organization. Nigerians are too paranoid! undecided

Clap for yourself......
Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by obataokenwa(m): 3:43pm On May 04, 2017
hardbody:

So apply this your post to the claims about graduates of UNN and ABU
Well I give up. Personal development is the best school.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by Realdeals(m): 3:44pm On May 04, 2017
wristbangle:
I rep UNAAB) (FUNAAB) and to be honest graduates from this school often raise the eye of employers whenever we go for interview.

I don't want to blow my trumpet too much but Omofunaab have more to say.

Between checking the list, one will see that most SW schools dominate it.

and his sister in crime amarabae, oya come and maturbate WAEC result as usual cheesy

But UI graduates are being employed more than OSU nau shocked

Fabulous we are! People do underrate FUNAAB because it's Agric based.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by TheVictorious(m): 3:45pm On May 04, 2017
CoCoLav:
Please someone should clear this confusion for me.

If Unilag has 1 million graduates and 500 thousand of the students are employed

Covenant has 100 thousand students and 70 thousand are employed

Would it be fair to say Covenant University has a higher employment rate without taking into account the average number of graduates per institution?

Your margins are too extremely apart but there is a way to standardize it anyway.
Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by CoCoLav(f): 3:45pm On May 04, 2017
Processor01:

Even though the sample size may be different, employment rate calculation is done with a stand-alone approach rather than comparative.

Basically means for every 10 Unilag graduates, 5 are employed while for every 10 Covenant graduates, 7 are employed.

Thank you, it makes sense but that also means we cannot draw a conclusion from the results because the sample size is not an accurate representation of the number of graduates from the institutions. tongue

I would like to know their methodology though.
Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by TheVictorious(m): 3:47pm On May 04, 2017
jhurney:
lol, someone who attended convenant university surely has the money and connection to be employed.
#whack list... undecided

And those who schooled in more expensive universities not mentioned here don't have the money to be employed
Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by CoCoLav(f): 3:48pm On May 04, 2017
TheVictorious:

Your margins are too extremely apart but there is a way to standardize it anyway.

By smoothing the data which means making some assumptions right?
Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by TheVictorious(m): 3:49pm On May 04, 2017
KingyKing:

Stutern is owned by kehinde and Taiwo ayanleye.

NOTED. Thanks!
Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by nelajayi(m): 3:52pm On May 04, 2017
This statistics is better done per industry. There is a more interesting pattern when you class by industry
Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by hardbody: 3:53pm On May 04, 2017
obataokenwa:
Well I give up. Personal development is the best school.

Most sensible post you have put out there on this topic. Peace.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by Gamboh55(m): 3:58pm On May 04, 2017
mfm04622:

Have you worked with any CU graduate? I have not but I have worked with 2 that came to do IT in my office. The difference is clear! I don't doubt this
. I stand with you on that, I think in programming and IT field they are really good
Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by TheVictorious(m): 3:59pm On May 04, 2017
CoCoLav:

By smoothing the data which means making some assumptions right?

No. In that your case, one million is too extreme considering the population of Nigeria. To balance that out the amount of jobs they are competing for will now be considered. If it is in a small country that has a population of say 5million, then Unilag will appear to be taking most of the jobs but in a country that have over 100 million, we simply judge the employment rate, in which case the smaller the institution perform better. Now a for an aspiring student of the bigger school he is faced with equal chances of either being among the 500000 employed and 500000 unemployed.
Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by MeoClark(m): 4:03pm On May 04, 2017
I would have dismissed the statics to be Trash... if Futo wasn't included. That school train Geniuses... Go to Futo and confirm.
Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by TheVictorious(m): 4:03pm On May 04, 2017
jimcaddy:
I doubt the credibility of this report... How can UNAAB have more employable graduates that the Premier University of Ibadan where their standard is so high?? Redeemer's University nko mbok??

Why can't thy. Besides, there is a time frame there.
Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by TheVictorious(m): 4:05pm On May 04, 2017
Draxler:
Funny people on this thread. Who told you that CU graduates are children of the rich? A lot of parents borrowed money to send their children to that school. Some of them don't have the connections you think they have. Learn to argue with facts. A lot of people just hate the school so they belittle any achievement of the school.

How about the individuals on scholarship of one form of financial aid or the other?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

10 Year Old Nigerian Girl Accepted In Uk University To Study Maths Degree / Why Do Some School Teachers Sleep With Students? / 5 Secondary School Students Promise Not To Get Pregnant Till They Graduate. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.