Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,225 members, 7,829,376 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern (53180 Views)

Top 20 Universities With Most Employed Graduates In Nigeria (list) / Nigeria Universities With The Most Employable Graduates- STUTERN 2018 Edition / Nigerian Universities With The Highest Number Of Professors - NUC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by amuijiji: 8:27pm On May 04, 2017
Optimist88:
Don't you think using 'decode ' will be more appropriate instead of 'code' Mr. Oxford?

If u were sensible enough, I won't be drowning reading a letter but decided to use the word "code" to add to the comic "drowning" as d street would understand.....
Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by amuijiji: 8:36pm On May 04, 2017
Optimist88:
Fayose made it to number 6! Team EKSU!

No wonder u were pained..

I also ve a friend who has 1st nd 2nd degree frm EKSU yet could not pass any paper on NEBOSH...
Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by crackhouse(m): 8:38pm On May 04, 2017
adenuga360:
It has an iota of truth. Most private firms don't joke with CU graduates.

Their competitive advantage is their Dressing, communication skills and span of network.
which they are very good at marketing jobs. Well that's why they are employable because it's marketing jobs that u see around these days.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by Optimist88(m): 9:16pm On May 04, 2017
amuijiji:

If u were sensible enough, I won't be drowning reading a letter but decided to use the word "code" to add to the comic "drowning" as d street would understand.....
Your senses no be here bro! New chassis Directly from the pit of hell! Street stopped understanding poo some minutes before you posted that gibberish.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by amuijiji: 9:25pm On May 04, 2017
Optimist88:
Your senses no be here bro! New chassis Directly from the pit of hell! Street stopped understanding poo some minutes before you posted that gibberish.

Can't u argue wiv content
Infact u ve won, how do I send u ur gift

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by Optimist88(m): 9:30pm On May 04, 2017
amuijiji:

Can't u argue wiv content
Infact u ve won, how do I send u ur gift
You won too! So keep your gift for me as my gift for you! Congratulations!!!
Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by lx3as(m): 9:55pm On May 04, 2017
peteru98:
Eksu make one of the best school

if you passed through this school formally known as OAU, OSUA, UNAD, and you're not employed, then you are on your own. The school is highly favored when it comes to employment.
Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by KenyAyan(m): 10:03pm On May 04, 2017
@Statsocial - You said Stutern is owned by Oby. That was wrong. She rightly wrote a foreword as a former Minister of Education.
I am a co-founder at Stutern - You can get in touch with me on twitter here @KehindeAyan. Thank you. Here's my email too: k@stutern.com
Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by KenyAyan(m): 10:03pm On May 04, 2017
You said Stutern is owned by Oby. That was wrong. She rightly wrote a foreword as a former Minister of Education.
I am a co-founder at Stutern - You can get in touch with me on twitter here @KehindeAyan. Thank you. Here's my email too: k@stutern.com

Statsocial:
TheVictorious

Stutern is owned by Oby Ezekweli( Former minister of Education)

To all of ya insulting CU already. Madam Oby has said it all. By the way public schools won in some segments especially on 'return on investment' however let us debate this one first then I would come back with d other ones when less busy.
As a sharp university CU management has downloaded this report hours after it was released so it can better the lots of its graduates by improving on her negative rankings, Yet some of you are still arguing about its validity. Any Nigerian youth or uni that does not read the report is not a serious one
Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by KenyAyan(m): 10:07pm On May 04, 2017
Stutern is not an association of what you might think sir/ma. My team is Stutern is dedicated to the task at hand. You can join us. Follow us on Twitter for more updates @stutern

ADEWUMIMichael:
In as much Sutern or whatever they call themselves are not associations of all Companies/Business/ etc, that offer jobs to graduates, #IDONBILIVIT

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by kenny5811(m): 10:25pm On May 04, 2017
i hv my own list..
Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by Emmaesty(f): 10:39pm On May 04, 2017
Statsocial:
TheVictorious

Stutern is owned by Oby Ezekweli( Former minister of Education)

To all of ya insulting CU already. Madam Oby has said it all. By the way public schools won in some segments especially on 'return on investment' however let us debate this one first then I would come back with d other ones when less busy.
As a sharp university CU management has downloaded this report hours after it was released so it can better the lots of its graduates by improving on her negative rankings, Yet some of you are still arguing about its validity. Any Nigerian youth or uni that does not read the report is not a serious one
Stutern is owned by Kehinde and Taiwo Ayanleye..... .. Don't deceive people abeg
Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by Rhoteabarca(m): 10:57pm On May 04, 2017
In as much as i wouldn't want to totally doubt d authenticity of dis list. Here are my views to complement it hollistically;
1. Public varsities e.g. OAU, UI, UNILAG, UNAAB,ABU e.t.c. produce more graduates dan private e.g CU, BOWEN, BACKOCK nd d likes

2. Parents of graduates from CU nd d likes are very rich, av companies nd strong connections. So dey r less likely to be looking 4 Job compared to dere poor/average public uni folks. Dis is Nigeria!

3. From my point 1, dis means if OAU produced average of 4000 graduates yearly nd CU produces 1800 yearly. 80% of OAU employed graduate is far more in number dan dat of 90% CU graduate. #Simple

#However dis doesn't rubbish d private unis. Infact som of dem r growing rapidly of recent which I'm aware of esp. d CU.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by TheVictorious(m): 11:19pm On May 04, 2017
dingbang:
Third class graduates who are bosses be employing first class covenant uni students and they are happy ... Foolishness...

Anybody can be a boss and if a every boss need employees. A boss that is a third class won't outrightly employ third class graduates whether or not they are qualified for the job, just to encourage them. So what's your point?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by TheVictorious(m): 11:57pm On May 04, 2017
Lyoncrescent:

Point taken. GOD help Nigerian universities in general.I pray our universities one day can be close to international standards. [b]Of all the universities I've been too in Nigeria including Babcock, the only one that comes close although still distant in terms of research to the best international universities is the pan Atlantic university which houses the Lagos business schoo[/b]l. How can lbs be the only school in Nigeria that has international mba accreditation s ? That's sad.Was cracking a joke with a friend the other day that if you want to run masters program in unilag and you are resident in kano, you must physically come to Lagos to process your admission. I don't know if that's true but we all know you can get admission to universities in the UK and USA without ever stepping out of Nigeria until you are about to resume . How many Nigerian universities even have standard and informative websites. something as basic. As that .Your point is valid as one eyed south west universities maybe good in the land of blind universities . GOD help us.

I beg to differ from majority of your assertions, even though your facts are true. Your experience have just impacted on your inference in a way that is not correct. Let me guess, "you are in the commercial field". When you talk of Lagos business school, yes their strength is those certification you talked about but they are not comparable to their counterparts. Do you know that a Nigerian university is ranked among the top 1000 universities by Times Higher Education

2. You generalized Babcock for all Nigerian universities - a school which all indication prove is substandard to many other Nigerian universities. As for the unilag stuff, I earlier told you about my reservations (which their website is a big part of, leading to my going to their school, and they still didn't respond well), and that was not the case with CU where I finished from, I also don't think UI and "ABUAD" is so!

That said I'm not saying Nigerian universities are world class but that's no excuse for making faulty generalizations. There is no basis for comparing LBS to other Nigerian varsities since you've mentioned "their strength"; and that something is your strength don't mean that you're the best in it. The strength of every university is should be "research" (I mean standard research) irrespective of the chosen field and a good number of Nigerian universities are beginning to do that (you must have seen the OAU post on FP) - that is what will determine the particular field(s) that will be adjudged to be your strength in public's eye (its not by just waking up one morning and declaring that one particular field is your strength because that's the only focus of your institution!).

The one eyed varsities need to get their second eyes fixed but the blind ones must first get at least one eye opened. Completely generalizing and castigating all alike is not good, particularly for the one eyed varsities!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by TheVictorious(m): 12:22am On May 05, 2017
obataokenwa:
I remember my first day as account officer, this particular woman has worked for abt twenty years in acct dept without even school cert. She taught me all... starting from how to prepare salary account, how to use Sage Pastel Evolution and all. From that moment I knew that first degree is just to teach u smartness cos in real workplace, the school u finish from is not the criteria to to know it without been led by a subordinate. reasons why companies advertise for years of experience. No school is better, but individual development matters and how fast one can fix in the work place

University is far beyond that bro. The like minded individuals you met in your field and in other fields are part of it, the social life is part of it, the extra-curricular activities are part of it, and the environment the university created to learn, conceive ideas, share ideas and experiment is the biggest part of it. The university is essentially a place where ideas are birthed and solutions are found. Nothing is actually supposed to be routine in a university because the world is evolving. In like manner, universities are supposed to produce people that are not programmed to do what they are routine work but made to know what needs to be done per time to improve on those procedure and turn-out time. Such a woman you talked about will hardly adopt changes into her work procedure.

At the emboldened; very very very wrong. How about the place of research, communication, writing skills, much more

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by Nobody: 12:46am On May 05, 2017
KenyAyan:
You said Stutern is owned by Oby. That was wrong. She rightly wrote a foreword as a former Minister of Education.

My Apologies Kenny, got my info wrong. I would try to correct that impression I gave earlier on. Thank you for the great job!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by Nobody: 12:53am On May 05, 2017
KenyAyan:
@Statsocial - You said Stutern is owned by Oby. That was wrong. She rightly wrote a foreword as a former Minister of Education.
surely I would certainly get in touch with you as I'm also involved in a similar project. I would like to know the methodology involved In the analysis. Overtime, as u grow I hope you get a reputable independent firm like PWC or Delloite to validate your research findings to make the result more 'acceptable' or undisputable. God bless you for this great work.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by Nobody: 12:57am On May 05, 2017
Emmaesty:
Stutern is owned by Kehinde and Taiwo Ayanleye..... .. Don't deceive people abeg
Don't 'Misinform' people would be the appropriate word. I already apologised to the founders and would try correcting the errors on this forum.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by vectoh(m): 1:01am On May 05, 2017
safarigirl:
Lol, CU has the most employable graduates? That in itself is a joke

*modified*

I just learnt connections is what gives these people jobs. They don't necessarily know a thing, mummy and daddy just set them up, hence their employments. That makes sense.

Anyway, better an employer of labor than an employee. You spend your life working for someone else and never achieving your goals
Are you just pained?? Or looking for a way to justify your unemployable self?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by Nobody: 1:02am On May 05, 2017
KingyKing:

Stutern is owned by kehinde and Taiwo ayanleye.
corrected thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by Nobody: 1:12am On May 05, 2017
Processor01:

shocked
Even though the sample size may be different, employment rate calculation is done with a stand-alone approach rather than comparative.

Basically means for every 10 Unilag graduates, 5 are employed while for every 10 Covenant graduates, 7 are employed.

There is a whole lot that is controversial with employability rankings. I think the safest way for Stutern and every other organization to produce a ranking which is widely acceptable is to employ the use of surveys just like TimesHigherEdu which is taken to the industry and filled anonymously by each surveyed organisation. That would ensure that there isn't any unnecessary irregularity that could come with sample group of graduates.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by mikolo80: 1:32am On May 05, 2017
safarigirl:

*modified*

I just learnt connections is what gives these people jobs. They don't necessarily know a thing, mummy and daddy just set them up, hence their employments. That makes sense.

Anyway, better an employer of labor than an employee. You spend your life working for someone else and never achieving your goals
which goal can't employee achieve. did you come to this world together

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by Stbottle(m): 1:49am On May 05, 2017
safarigirl:

*modified*

So naso the thing pain you reach grin grin grin grin...pele oo

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by TheVictorious(m): 1:54am On May 05, 2017
safarigirl:
the number one rule in business is never mix your family with your business.

Someone else I don't know will get the job. My sister wouldn't even think to apply at my work place. She wouldn't even let me apply at her school when I wanted to write JAMB

See the rubbish you just typed, like an alaba market woman. Sorry to say.

So you mean if you are an employer and you have the choice of picking from two individuals that are equally qualified, you will go for the one you don't know anything about, nor attest to his character over someone you know almost everything about BYE and sorry if I sounded mean!
Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by TheVictorious(m): 2:00am On May 05, 2017
safarigirl:
hating on employees? I pity them

I do not plan to answer anybody "yes sir"...so, far be it that I am hating on someone who is serving others.

We do not all want to work regular jobs and retire to regular pension, some of us have greater ambitions

That's good and it means you hope to be an employer someday. I wish you good luck.

Don't forget that owning a job and begining a start-up are not mutually exclusive. Don't also forget to turn down qualified individuals you knowfor other supposedly qualified strangers just to prove a point; "you cannot mix family with business"!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by TheVictorious(m): 2:04am On May 05, 2017
jhurney:

more expensive universities?
examples sir...in Nigeria

ABUAD, BAZE, AUN, Caleb, Redeemers, NTNU, Igbinedion, and many more!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by TheVictorious(m): 2:12am On May 05, 2017
Rhoteabarca:
In as much as i wouldn't want to totally doubt d authenticity of dis list. Here are my views to complement it hollistically;
1. Public varsities e.g. OAU, UI, UNILAG, UNAAB,ABU e.t.c. produce more graduates dan private e.g CU, BOWEN, BACKOCK nd d likes

2. Parents of graduates from CU nd d likes are very rich, av companies nd strong connections. So dey r less likely to be looking 4 Job compared to dere poor/average public uni folks. Dis is Nigeria!

3. From my point 1, dis means if OAU produced average of 4000 graduates yearly nd CU produces 1800 yearly. 80% of OAU employed graduate is far more in number dan dat of 90% CU graduate. #Simple

#However dis doesn't rubbish d private unis. Infact som of dem r growing rapidly of recent which I'm aware of esp. d CU.

What a sound point!
Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by DonroxyII: 2:37am On May 05, 2017
8kingz:
Ilorin, unilorin
Ur torch shall guide us upward and onward
Ilorin, unilorin
Our alma mata we sing.
Unilorin always on top 5 of all Beautiful things !!!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by Lyoncrescent: 7:56am On May 05, 2017
TheVictorious:

I beg to differ from majority of your assertions, even though your facts are true. Your experience have just impacted on your inference in a way that is not correct. Let me guess, "you are in the commercial field". When you talk of Lagos business school, yes their strength is those certification you talked about but they are not comparable to their counterparts. Do you know that a Nigerian university is ranked among the top 1000 universities by Times Higher Education

2. You generalized Babcock for all Nigerian universities - a school which all indication prove is substandard to many other Nigerian universities. As for the unilag stuff, I earlier told you about my reservations (which their website is a big part of, leading to my going to their school, and they still didn't respond well), and that was not the case with CU where I finished from, I also don't think UI and "ABUAD" is so!

That said I'm not saying Nigerian universities are world class but that's no excuse for making faulty generalizations. There is no basis for comparing LBS to other Nigerian varsities since you've mentioned "their strength"; and that something is your strength don't mean that you're the best in it. The strength of every university is should be "research" (I mean standard research) irrespective of the chosen field and a good number of Nigerian universities are beginning to do that (you must have seen the OAU post on FP) - that is what will determine the particular field(s) that will be adjudged to be your strength in public's eye (its not by just waking up one morning and declaring that one particular field is your strength because that's the only focus of your institution!).

The one eyed varsities need to get their second eyes fixed but the blind ones must first get at least one eye opened. Completely generalizing and castigating all alike is not good, particularly for the one eyed varsities!

I agree. Point taken once again . I am an IT guy though. First degree computer science. I submit to the superiority of most of your points.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by segunotiti(m): 3:40pm On May 05, 2017
Great Futarians!!!
Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by Nobody: 1:58am On May 06, 2017
PaperLace:

Nah,definitely not GTB. GTB's recruitment is free and fair_ just be 26 and below, have a minimum of 2.2. As long as you scale through their recruitment processe and get the job done, your school no concern them.

Quite surprising to see ABSU there. smiley
No wonder.
A friend of mine, who is 30, said she had difficulty getting a bank job because the recruiters tell her she is "too old" to apply for those positions.

I'm not even sure the age restriction is legal.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Police Arrest Officer, Nwachukwu Chinedu, Who Raped Abia Poly Student (Video) / 10 Year Old Nigerian Girl Accepted In Uk University To Study Maths Degree / Why Do Some School Teachers Sleep With Students?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.