Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,749 members, 7,820,586 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know (46694 Views)

Christian Faith - What I Believe Now - What I Do Not Believe Any More / Why Did The Catholic Church Decide That Priests Should Be Celibate? / The True Founder And History Of The Catholic Church. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by kabasa77(m): 10:34pm On May 07, 2017
Ubenedictus:
And you think it makes sense to respond me with a question where you have failed to respond to mine abi?

When you have an answer to my question let me know.

Lol.. You make me laugh, the bible never talked About smoking yet you know it's wrong, I have given you clear Bible passages on what the Bible says yet you don't want to accept the truth..

2 Likes

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by simplyhonest(m): 11:10pm On May 07, 2017
pls this discussion is enlightening... let us be matured enough to air our opinions and facts with biblical backing without resorting to insults... tnx

2 Likes

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by easymancfc(m): 12:09am On May 08, 2017
Statues were used in the old testament temple Solomon built for God, and God didn't regard it as idolatry, i
1 kings 6: 23 In the inner sanctuary he made two cherubim of olivewood, each ten cubits high. 24 Five cubits was the length of one wing of the cherub, and five cubits the length of the other wing of the cherub; it was ten cubits from the tip of one wing to the tip of the other.

He decorated it with carvings too
1 kings 6:29 He carved all the walls of the house round about with carved figures of cherubim and palm trees and open flowers, in the inner and outer rooms.

Even in the Holy of holies where God dwelled in the temple 15 feet tall golden statues were there

and after building with statues God consecrated that temple to himself
1 kings 8: 6 Then the priests brought the ark of the covenant of the Lord to its place, in the inner sanctuary of the house, in the most holy place, underneath the wings of the cherubim. 10 And when the priests came out of the holy place, a cloud filled the house of the Lord, 11 so that the priests could not stand to minister because of the cloud; for the glory of the Lord filled the house of the Lord.
1 kings 9: 3 And the Lordsaid to him, “I have heard your prayer and your supplication, which you have made before me; I have consecrated this house which you have built, and put my name there for ever; my eyes and my heart will be there for all time..

God also commanded statues of cherubims to be made on the ark
Exo 25: 18 And you shall make two cherubim of gold; of hammered work shall you make them, on the two ends of the mercy seat. 19 Make one cherub on the one end, and one cherub on the other end; of one piece with the mercy seat shall you make the cherubim on its two ends. 20 The cherubim shall spread out their wings above, overshadowing the mercy seat with their wings, their faces one to another; toward the mercy seat shall the faces of the cherubim be.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by easymancfc(m): 12:25am On May 08, 2017
Not all bowing connote worship
1 kings 2:19 So Bathshe′ba went to King Solomon, to speak to him on behalf of Adoni′jah. And the king rose to meet her, and bowed down to her;

Gen 33:6 Then the maids drew near, they and their children, and bowed down; 7 Leah likewise and her children drew near and bowed down; and last Joseph and Rachel drew near, and they bowed down.

Gen 27:29 Let peoples serve you,
and nations bow down to you.
Be lord over your brothers,
and may your mother’s sons bow down to you.

psalm 72:9 May his foes bow down before him,

If all bowing is worship then Jesus would be causing people to be idolatrous by his words in
Rev 3:9 Behold, I will make those of the synagogue of Satan who say that they are Jews and are not, but lie—behold, I will make them come and bow down before your feet, and learn that I have loved you.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by easymancfc(m): 12:34am On May 08, 2017
kabasa77:

And where is it written that the dead should interceded for the living. I guess you don't read the Bible, read it and gain knowledge, I answered u by giving you Bible verses that point to Jesus and only Jesus as the mediator and intercessor for Christian having made a public show of principalities and powers and is seated at the right hand of the Father making intercessions for us..

Rev 5:8 And when he had taken the scroll, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each holding a harp, and with golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints;

Hebrews 12:22 But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to innumerable angels in festal gathering, 23 and to the assembly of the first-born who are enrolled in heaven, and to a judge who is God of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect

WE HAVE ALL THESE PEOPLE ON OUR SIDE, AND THEY PRAY FOR US TO JESUS IN CHRISTIAN AFFECTION BECAUSE IT PLEASES GOD

1 Tim 2:1 First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all men, 2 for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life, godly and respectful in every way.3 THIS IS GOOD, and it is ACCEPTABLE in the sight of GOD our Savior,

5 Likes

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by italo: 6:01am On May 08, 2017
Splinz:

Enjoy your idolatry, and count Joshua out of it.

You mean this Joshua in Joshua 7:6?

3 Likes

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by italo: 7:00am On May 08, 2017
doyinbaby:
Why do Catholics pray to Mary and other dead saints ...also why do Catholics pray to God through Mary and through dead saints...........many protestants including me find it difficult to understand this aspect of the life of Catholics

Though your question has been answered, let me buttress.

Mary, the apostles and all the saints are more alive than you and I.

We are still battling with sin & death, but they have conquered sin & death and are now LIKE GOD (1John3:2).

Once you understand this, you understand that St. Peter is in a better position to pray for you than apostle Suleiman.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by doyinbaby(f): 7:08am On May 08, 2017
italo:

Though your question has been answered, let me buttress.

Mary, the apostles and all the saints are more alive than you and I.

We are still battling with sin & death, but they have conquered sin & death and are now LIKE GOD (1John3:2).
my brother it is well.....
Once you understand this, you understand that St. Peter is in a better position to pray for you than apostle Suleiman.

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by kabasa77(m): 7:11am On May 08, 2017
easymancfc:

Rev 5:8 And when he had taken the scroll, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each holding a harp, and with golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints;

Hebrews 12:22 But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to innumerable angels in festal gathering, 23 and to the assembly of the first-born who are enrolled in heaven, and to a judge who is God of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect

WE HAVE ALL THESE PEOPLE ON OUR SIDE, AND THEY PRAY FOR US TO JESUS IN CHRISTIAN AFFECTION BECAUSE IT PLEASES GOD

1 Tim 2:1 First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all men, 2 for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life, godly and respectful in every way.3 THIS IS GOOD, and it is ACCEPTABLE in the sight of GOD our Savior,

Paul said let Supplication be made by living people for living people, not asking some dead person to pray for you..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by italo: 7:27am On May 08, 2017
kabasa77:

Paul said let Supplication be made by living people for living people, not asking some dead person to pray for you..

Aha! So how can living people pray for living people if Jesus is the only intercessor for Christians?
kabasa77:

And where is it written that the dead should interceded for the living. I guess you don't read the Bible, read it and gain knowledge, I answered u by giving you Bible verses that point to Jesus and only Jesus as the mediator and intercessor for Christian having made a public show of principalities and powers and is seated at the right hand of the Father making intercessions for us..

You still dont want to accept that Mary, Peter, John, Abraham, Jacob, Isaac are all alive in Christ?

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by LogicStatement: 7:35am On May 08, 2017
Even when @eazymancfc has answered your question backing it with quotations from the bible, you still remain adamant. Your case is pathetic & ur heart is hardened.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by kabasa77(m): 8:12am On May 08, 2017
italo:

Aha! So how can living people pray for living people if Jesus is the only intercessor for Christians?

You still dont want to accept that Mary, Peter, John, Abraham, Jacob, Isaac are all alive in Christ?

Intercession can mean praying for someone, it can also mean standing in the gap on behalf of another, in the case of Jesus, he is the only one that is qualified to beg God on our behalf because the Bible says if we sin we have an advocate Jesus, not Mary not the Saints in heaven, the bible is clear, and Paul was talking to Christains on Earth, in Heaven you don't have the right to intercede for anyone except Jesus, the Bible is very clear on that and I hate repeating myself.. If you don't want to accept the truth, it's your call..

2 Likes

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by italo: 9:55am On May 08, 2017
kabasa77:

Intercession can mean praying for someone, it can also mean standing in the gap on behalf of another, in the case of Jesus, he is the only one that is qualified to beg God on our behalf because the Bible says if we sin we have an advocate Jesus, not Mary not the Saints in heaven, the bible is clear, and Paul was talking to Christains on Earth, in Heaven you don't have the right to intercede for anyone except Jesus, the Bible is very clear on that and I hate repeating myself.. If you don't want to accept the truth, it's your call..

Your answer is contradicting itself.

Is it that only Jesus can beg God on our behalf...or Jesus and Christians on earth can beg God on our behalf?

Secondly, you said "in Heaven you don't have the right to intercede for anyone, the Bible is very clear on that..."

Please show us the verse that said so.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by italo: 10:03am On May 08, 2017
@kabasa77,

I asked: You still dont want to accept that Mary, Peter, John, Abraham, Jacob, Isaac are all alive in Christ?

No answer from you yet.
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by kabasa77(m): 10:13am On May 08, 2017
italo:
@kabasa77,

I asked: You still dont want to accept that Mary, Peter, John, Abraham, Jacob, Isaac are all alive in Christ?

No answer from you yet.
j

The are alive in Christ but can't make any intercession for you, Jesus has such Authority, as the Bible has made it clear

2 Likes

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by kabasa77(m): 10:18am On May 08, 2017
italo:

Your answer is contradicting itself.

Is it that only Jesus can beg God on our behalf...or Jesus and Christians on earth can beg God on our behalf?

Secondly, you said "in Heaven you don't have the right to intercede for anyone, the Bible is very clear on that..."

Please show us the verse that said so.

Question: "What is the purpose of Jesus interceding for us in Heaven?"

Answer: Speaking of Jesus, the writer to the Hebrews says, “Therefore He is able also to save forever those who draw near to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them” (Hebrews 7:25). This verse (and others like it) tells us that although Christ’s work to secure the salvation of the elect was completed on the cross, as evidenced by His cry “It is finished!” (John 19:30), His care for His redeemed children will never be finished.

Jesus did not go to heaven after His earthly ministry and “take a break” from His role as eternal Shepherd to His people. “For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life” (Romans 5:10, emphasis added). If when humble, despised, dying, and dead, He had the power to accomplish so great a work as reconciling us to God, how much more may we expect that He will be able to keep us now that He is a living, exalted, and triumphant Redeemer, raised to life and interceding on our behalf before the throne (Romans 8:34). Clearly, Jesus is still very active on our behalf in heaven.

After Jesus ascended to heaven and was seated at the right hand of God the Father (Acts 1:9; Colossians 3:1), He returned to the glory He had before His incarnation (John 17:5) to carry on His role of King of kings and Lord of lords—His eternal role as the second Person of the triune God. While this old earth continues to be “won” for Christ, Jesus is the Advocate for Christians, meaning He is our great Defender. This is the intercessory role He currently fulfills for those who are His (1 John 2:1). Jesus is always pleading our case before the Father, like a defense lawyer on our behalf.

Jesus is interceding for us while Satan (whose name means “accuser”) is accusing us, pointing out our sins and frailties before God, just as he did with Job (Job 1:6-12). But the accusations fall upon deaf ears in heaven, because Jesus’ work on the cross paid our sin debt in full; therefore, God always sees in His children the perfect righteousness of Jesus. When Jesus died on the cross, His righteousness (perfect holiness) was imputed to us, while our sin was imputed to Him at His death. This is the great exchange Paul talks about in 2 Corinthians 5:21. That took away forever our sinful state before God, so God can accept us as blameless before Him.

Finally, it is important to understand that Jesus is the only mediator between God and man. No one else—not Mary, not any previous Christian saints, not angels—has the power to intercede for us before the throne of the Almighty. Christ alone mediates and intercedes between God and man. “For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus” (1 Timothy 2:5).

3 Likes

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by easymancfc(m): 10:38am On May 08, 2017
kabasa77:

Paul didn't qualify it.. Rev 5:8 is clear, 24 human elders who must have died to reach heaven are making intercession, offering the prayers of the Saints to God

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by kabasa77(m): 10:44am On May 08, 2017
easymancfc:

Paul didn't qualify it.. Rev 5:8 is clear, 24 human elders who must have died to reach heaven are making intercession, offering the prayers of the Saints to God

Bible never said the were interceeding, just that the were bearing the prayers of Saints, thats a very different issue.. Stop twisting the scriptures

2 Likes

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by italo: 10:47am On May 08, 2017
kabasa77:

The are alive in Christ but can't make any intercession for you, Jesus has such Authority, as the Bible has made it clear

1. How do you know that Mary is alive in Christ? Where did the bible tell you that?

2. Where did the Bible say the bold?

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Splinz(m): 10:49am On May 08, 2017
Ubenedictus:
the center is called protestantism you guys now have arians,gnostics,...plus your heresy of solar scriptura etc. Oya ask yourself why the writing of the early Christians and Jews till date ask the intercession of their rightous ones. You guys have departed from right practice, that is hey orthodoxy seem strange to you.

Come out of your heresy.

Tales by moonlight. Come out of Babylon the great.

2 Likes

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by kabasa77(m): 10:49am On May 08, 2017
italo:

1. How do you know that Mary is alive in Christ? Where did the bible tell you that?

2. Where did the Bible say the bold?

Mr Man read up above and see where I answered that.. Stop repeating yourself

Mary died like every other Christian and was buried.. Your questions shows you are a baby in christ. Am done answering you

2 Likes

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by easymancfc(m): 10:59am On May 08, 2017
kabasa77:

Answer: Speaking of Jesus, the writer to the Hebrews says, “Therefore He is able also to save forever those who draw near to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them” (Hebrews 7:25). This verse (and others like it) tells us that although Christ’s work to secure the salvation of the elect was completed on the cross, as evidenced by His cry “It is finished!” (John 19:30), His care for His redeemed children will never be finished.

Jesus did not go to heaven after His earthly ministry and “take a break” from His role as eternal Shepherd to His people. “For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life” (Romans 5:10, emphasis added). If when humble, despised, dying, and dead, He had the power to accomplish so great a work as reconciling us to God, how much more may we expect that He will be able to keep us now that He is a living, exalted, and triumphant Redeemer, raised to life and interceding on our behalf before the throne (Romans 8:34). Clearly, Jesus is still very active on our behalf in heaven.

After Jesus ascended to heaven and was seated at the right hand of God the Father (Acts 1:9; Colossians 3:1), He returned to the glory He had before His incarnation (John 17:5) to carry on His role of King of kings and Lord of lords—His eternal role as the second Person of the triune God. While this old earth continues to be “won” for Christ, Jesus is the Advocate for Christians, meaning He is our great Defender. This is the intercessory role He currently fulfills for those who are His (1 John 2:1). Jesus is always pleading our case before the Father, like a defense lawyer on our behalf.

Jesus is interceding for us while Satan (whose name means “accuser”) is accusing us, pointing out our sins and frailties before God, just as he did with Job (Job 1:6-12). But the accusations fall upon deaf ears in heaven, because Jesus’ work on the cross paid our sin debt in full; therefore, God always sees in His children the perfect righteousness of Jesus. When Jesus died on the cross, His righteousness (perfect holiness) was imputed to us, while our sin was imputed to Him at His death. This is the great exchange Paul talks about in 2 Corinthians 5:21. That took away forever our sinful state before God, so God can accept us as blameless before Him.

Finally, it is important to understand that Jesus is the only mediator between God and man. No one else—not Mary, not any previous Christian saints, not angels—has the power to intercede for us before the throne of the Almighty. Christ alone mediates and intercedes between God and man. “For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus” (1 Timothy 2:5).

Jesus has a unique mediatorship we accept that based on what scriptures...
you misquote 1 Tim 2:5, what it says there is that Jesus is the way to be saved or to go to God for salvation because it is Jesus who died for our sins.. it doesn't mean that saints in heaven cannot pray for saints on earth because the first few chapters of 1 Tim 2 say otherwise...

1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, 6 WHO GAVE HIMSELF AS A RANSOM FOR ALL, the testimony to which was borne at the proper time

John also emphasized this in 1 john 2: 1My little children, I am writing this to you so that you may not sin; but if any one does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous; 2 and he is the expiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world..

IT IS IN THIS CONTEXT THAT JESUS IS THE ONE MEDIATOR.

INFACT HE ASKS US TO PRAY FOR ONE ANOTHER AND EVEN OUR ENEMIES see mat 5:44..

And like I have pointed out.. us interceding for one another pleases God

1 Tim 2:1First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all men, 2 for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life, godly and respectful in every way. 3 This is GOOD, and it is ACCEPTABLE in the SIGHT of GOD our Savior,

Death doesn't separate us from one another and from the love of Christ, and we are members of his body

Roman's 8:38 For I am sure that NEITHER DEATH, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, 39 nor height, nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

1 cor 12:12 For just as the body is one and has many members, and all the members of the body, though many, are one body, so it is with Christ. 13 For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body—Jews or Greeks, slaves or free—and all were made to drink of one Spirit.

and we all need each other
20 As it is, there are many parts, yet one body. 21 The eye cannot say to the hand, “I have no need of you,” nor again the head to the feet, “I have no need of you.”

Like ITALO SAID, I WOULD TAKE MARY AND ALL THE SAINTS PRAYERS WHO HAVE BEEN PERFECTED IN GLORY ANY DAY ANYTIME THAN I WOULD MEN OF GOD WHO ARE STILL STRUGGLING IN THIS WORLD
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by italo: 11:05am On May 08, 2017
kabasa77:

Bible never said the were interceeding, just that the were bearing the prayers of Saints, thats a very different issue.. Stop twisting the scriptures

So you believe that saints who have passed from this life can hold/offer/bear our prayer before Jesus...but that they cannot say their own words of prayer for the saints on earth.

Do you believe saints in heaven know what is happening on earth and can pray about it?

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by easymancfc(m): 11:06am On May 08, 2017
kabasa77:

do you actually know intercession is

yes Bible says they are bearing prayers but to do what with??... they take the prayers of the Saints on earth and offer it to God's altar.. if that's not intercession then tell me what it is...

Secondly if prayers are only meant for God and Jesus.. then how did these 24 human elders get the prayers with them

5 Likes

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by kabasa77(m): 11:06am On May 08, 2017
easymancfc:

Jesus has a unique mediatorship we accept that based on what scriptures...
you misquote 1 Tim 2:5, what it says there is that Jesus is the way to be saved or to go to God for salvation because it is Jesus who died for our sins.. it doesn't mean that saints in heaven cannot pray for saints on earth because the first few chapters of 1 Tim 2 say otherwise...

1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, 6 WHO GAVE HIMSELF AS A RANSOM FOR ALL, the testimony to which was borne at the proper time

John also emphasized this in 1 john 2: 1My little children, I am writing this to you so that you may not sin; but if any one does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous; 2 and he is the expiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world..

IT IS IN THIS CONTEXT THAT JESUS IS THE ONE MEDIATOR.

INFACT HE ASKS US TO PRAY FOR ONE ANOTHER AND EVEN OUR ENEMIES see mat 5:44..

And like I have pointed out.. us interceding for one another pleases God

1 Tim 2:1First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all men, 2 for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life, godly and respectful in every way. 3 This is GOOD, and it is ACCEPTABLE in the SIGHT of GOD our Savior,

Death doesn't separate from one another and from the love of Christ, and we are members of his body

38 For I am sure that NEITHER DEATH, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, 39 nor height, nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

1 cor 12:12 For just as the body is one and has many members, and all the members of the body, though many, are one body, so it is with Christ. 13 For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body—Jews or Greeks, slaves or free—and all were made to drink of one Spirit.

and we all need each other
20 As it is, there are many parts, yet one body. 21 The eye cannot say to the hand, “I have no need of you,” nor again the head to the feet, “I have no need of you.”

Like ITALO SAID, I WOULD TAKE MARY AND ALL THE SAINTS PRAYERS WHO HAVE BEEN PERFECTED IN GLORY ANY DAY ANYTIME THAN I WOULD MEN OF GOD WHO ARE STILL STRUGGLING IN THIS WORLD

My brother you are getting it wrong, when you are taking about intercession, there are two parts to it.. First, as Christians we can pray for one another, Bible even says we should carry one another burden, but the second part of intercession is pleading on behalf of a person for the wrong such a person committed.. That's where Jesus has the sole authority, Mary cannot plead for ur sins, thats blasphemy, firstly she was never the one that died on the cross, only Jesus who died on the cross has that Authority.. So when you talk about intercession, you must understand the context...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by italo: 11:09am On May 08, 2017
kabasa77:

Mr Man read up above and see where I answered that.. Stop repeating yourself

Mary died like every other Christian and was buried.. Your questions shows you are a baby in christ. Am done answering you

I expect you to stop answering me because you cannot show where the Bible told you that Mary is in heaven...or that those in heaven cannot intercede like those on earth.

And you seem to ashamed to admit it...so the next thing is...to run.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by italo: 11:13am On May 08, 2017
kabasa77:

Before you copy and paste, read the questions first, else you copy and paste an epistle that fails to answer two simple questions. I ask again:

Please show us the verse that said so?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Splinz(m): 11:16am On May 08, 2017
italo:

You mean this Joshua in Joshua 7:6?

"And Joshua rent his clothes, and fell to the earth upon his face before the ark of the LORD until the eventide, he and the elders of Israel, and put dust upon their heads" (Joshua 7:6).

How does that picture you have up there depicts Joshua lying down before the ark of the LORD? Why are you trying to drag idolaters like you into Joshua 7:6?

Besides, the ark of the LORD was the glory of the LORD in ancient Israel—a glory which has long departed. Is the idol of 'a' Mary and Jesus now the ark of the LORD?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by italo: 11:16am On May 08, 2017
kabasa77:

My brother you are getting it wrong, when you are taking about intercession, there are two parts to it.. First, as Christians we can pray for one another, Bible even says we should carry one another burden, but the second part of intercession is pleading on behalf of a person for the wrong such a person committed.. That's where Jesus has the sole authority, Mary cannot plead for ur sins, thats blasphemy, firstly she was never the one that died on the cross, only Jesus who died on the cross has that Authority.. So when you talk about intercession, you must understand the context...

So you're saying a Christian cannot pray for God to forgive another person's sins?

Hmm...this is a new heresy. Ubenedictus, did the Arian heresy go this far?
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Splinz(m): 11:20am On May 08, 2017
kabasa77:

Mary cannot plead for ur sins, thats blasphemy, firstly she was never the one that died on the cross, only Jesus who died on the cross has that Authority..

Poor innocent woman, sleeping peacefully in her grave till the resurrection. Unaware that she has been deified. SMH

3 Likes

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by kabasa77(m): 11:20am On May 08, 2017
italo:

I expect you to stop answering me because you cannot show where the Bible told you that Mary is in heaven...or that those in heaven cannot intercede like those on earth.

And you seem to ashamed to admit it...so the next thing is...to run.

It is you and your lot that has refused to accept the truth. Ur arguments are lame, where is it written, thats all to you have to say, and if your savior Mary is not in Heaven, where is she? I have given you two explicit Bible passages stating that Jesus is the only mediator we have between us and man.. Men, am done with you

2 Likes

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by italo: 11:29am On May 08, 2017
Splinz:

"And Joshua rent his clothes, and fell to the earth upon his face before the ark of the LORD until the eventide, he and the elders of Israel, and put dust upon their heads" (Joshua 7:6).

How does that picture you have up there depicts Joshua lying down before the ark of the LORD? Why are you trying to drag idolaters like you into Joshua 7:6?

Besides, the ark of the LORD was the glory of the LORD in ancient Israel—a glory which has long departed. Is the idol of 'a' Mary and Jesus now the ark of the LORD?

Oh...so when Joshua prostrates before images on the Ark, it is okay...

When you kneel before a book printed with paper and ink, it is okay...

But when I kneel before a statue of Jesus, it is an abomination?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

‘i’m NOT JESUS!” - The Man Who Walked Through The Streets Of Nairobi (photos) / Good Occult Fraternities / Chris Oyakhilome Releases New Lovely Pictures After Divorce Scandal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.