Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,917 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:14 PM

The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know (46624 Views)

Christian Faith - What I Believe Now - What I Do Not Believe Any More / Why Did The Catholic Church Decide That Priests Should Be Celibate? / The True Founder And History Of The Catholic Church. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by italo: 5:37pm On May 08, 2017
Splinz:

Straws man arguments. Recycling the same thing over and over again. Are you this dull?

Splinz:

There's a difference between praying for God's forgiveness and one sinner sitting in a corner calling for confessions that sins may be forgiven.

A sinner forgiving sins? What heresy!
Indeed, Babylon the great.

John20:22 When he had said this, he breathed on them and said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit. 23 If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven them; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained.”

Who should i believe...Jesus or splinz?

3 Likes

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by italo: 5:40pm On May 08, 2017
Splinz:

Stale. If you lack comprehension, sorry I can't help you.
Rev 6:9 When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slaughtered for the word of God and for the testimony they had given; 10 they cried out with a loud voice, “Sovereign Lord, holy and true, how long will it be before you judge and avenge our blood on the inhabitants of the earth?”

They know whats happening on earth...and they pray about it.

Praise the Lord!

4 Likes

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Splinz(m): 5:42pm On May 08, 2017
italo:

John20:22 When he had said this, he breathed on them and said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit. 23 If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven them; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained.”

Who should i believe...Jesus or splinz?

Go and sharpen your comprehension skills. I can't believe you're this dull.

2 Likes

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Splinz(m): 5:46pm On May 08, 2017
italo:
Rev 6:9 When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slaughtered for the word of God and for the testimony they had given; 10 they cried out with a loud voice, “Sovereign Lord, holy and true, how long will it be before you judge and avenge our blood on the inhabitants of the earth?”

They know whats happening on earth...and they pray about it.

Praise the Lord!

Mary is in her grave along with others, for no one has ascended into heaven except Jesus (John 3:13, Acts 2:34). Stop praying to a deaf, dumb, blind and lame idol in the name of Mary.

John was shown a preview of a future event (“hereafter” [4:1]). Since John was “in the spirit” as the seven seals were opened (vs. 2), the events he witnessed were not actually occurring when he saw them. They were heavenly previews of things that would happen later on Earth.

Upon opening the fifth seal (Rev. 6:9), John “saw under [at the base of] the altar the souls of them that were slain.” In Matthew 24:9-28, Christ had shown a parallel that confirms the meaning of the seven seals. The fifth seal symbolizes a coming Great Tribulation, which will occur on Earth.

In the vision, John was shown the future, with a long period of martyrdom having taken place (up to and through the Middle Ages), and a later one (the Great Tribulation) that is yet to happen in our time. The souls who were “slain” (martyred Christians throughout the ages) were told (vs. 11) to “rest yet for a little season, until their fellow servants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.” Many of those who have died will continue to “rest” (remain “asleep” in their graves—Eph. 5:14; I Cor. 11:30) until others are also martyred.

The “souls” (dead saints) crying “avenge our blood” (vs. 10) is akin to Abel’s blood (his life—note Lev. 17:14) crying to God from the earth (Gen. 4:10). Since neither blood nor the dead talk (Psa. 115:17; Ecc. 9:5, 10), the meaning is symbolic, not literal. Therefore, the “souls under the altar” represents a future martyrdom of saints.

Ask to be taught instead of spreading your ignorance everywhere.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by kabasa77(m): 6:24pm On May 08, 2017
Splinz:

Stale. If you lack comprehension, sorry I can't help you.
My brother please let this argument,,even with the truth starring blankly at these ones the will still continue to raise baseless arguments, atleast you have given him enough attention and room to showcase his ignorance and also remember the Bible said we should desist from such meaningless argument that's profits nothing.. Let them continue in their Idol worship, as the Bible said let him that sins Continue sinning, and him that does righteously continue, for the time is near.. Its just a matter of time.

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Splinz(m): 6:31pm On May 08, 2017
kabasa77:

My brother please let this argument,,even with the truth starring blankly at these ones the will still continue to raise baseless arguments, atleast you have given him enough attention and room to showcase his ignorance and also remember the Bible said we should desist from such meaningless argument that's profits nothing.. Let them continue in their Idol worship, as the Bible said let him that sins Continue sinning, and him that does righteously continue, for the time is near.. Its just a matter of time.

You're right bro. I know they wouldn't accept these truths. Lets just say I have a lot of time to spare. smiley

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by italo: 10:06pm On May 08, 2017
kabasa77:

Ah! This is the heretic who said Christians cant pray for others sins to be forgiven.

Should we discard the two books below as 'symbols' sir? grin

1John5:16 If you see any brother or sister commit a sin that does not lead to death, you should pray and God will give them life. I refer to those whose sin does not lead to death. There is a sin that leads to death. I am not saying that you should pray about that.

5 Likes

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by LogicStatement: 10:29pm On May 08, 2017
Splinz:

Where did you quote that from? The book of Revelation—a vision! Almost everything in Revelation is symbolic.

Stop looking for every means of justifying your idol worship. Mary is in her grave awaiting the resurrection just like Abraham, David and the rest.
Lk 16:19-31 tells us about the poor Lazarus in the bosom of Abraham in heaven. Also, If you say Abraham & other saints are in their graves, you are simply saying they are not alive which contradicts your earlier statement that saints are alive in Christ.
You have continuously contradicted yourself several times trying to explain what you don't understand. Also, u hardly quote the scriptures to back up your claims unlike those u've been arguing with. Mr man, let the truth be told, u lack knowledge of the scriptures and your heart is hardened.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Splinz(m): 10:35pm On May 08, 2017
LogicStatement:

Lk 16:19-31 tells us about the poor Lazarus in the bosom of Abraham in heaven. Also, If you say Abraham & other saints are in their graves, you are simply saying they are not alive which contradicts your earlier statement that saints are alive in Christ.
You have continuously contradicted yourself several times trying to explain what you don't understand. Also, u hardly quote the scriptures to back up your claims unlike those u've been arguing with. Mr man, let the truth be told, u lack knowledge of the scriptures and your heart is hardened.

Hmm. This one doesn't even know who said 'this & that'. SMH

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by LogicStatement: 11:00pm On May 08, 2017
Splinz:

Hmm. This one doesn't even know who said 'this & that'. SMH
I quoted what u wrote & pointed out what your brother in heresy, kabasa77 has stated. Both of u lack knowledge of the scriptures

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Splinz(m): 4:09am On May 09, 2017
LogicStatement:

I quoted what u wrote & pointed out what your brother in heresy, kabasa77 has stated. Both of u lack knowledge of the scriptures

My brother, go and sit down. Yes, relax. If you like, go ahead and fan yourself for a job well done. I mean, it's not easy to wickedly butcher the truths all in the name of scriptural knowledge.

Heretics!

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by easymancfc(m): 6:46am On May 09, 2017
kabasa77:

My brother you are getting it wrong, when you are taking about intercession, there are two parts to it.. First, as Christians we can pray for one another, Bible even says we should carry one another burden, but the second part of intercession is pleading on behalf of a person for the wrong such a person committed.. That's where Jesus has the sole authority, Mary cannot plead for ur sins, thats blasphemy, firstly she was never the one that died on the cross, only Jesus who died on the cross has that Authority.. So when you talk about intercession, you must understand the context...

you are very correct.. Just like I have pointed out Catholics don't ask Mary to plead or forgive their sins, we only ask for her prayers, just like i can ask for yours

4 Likes

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by easymancfc(m): 6:48am On May 09, 2017
Splinz:

Poor innocent woman, sleeping peacefully in her grave till the resurrection. Unaware that she has been deified. SMH

Unfortunately for you splinz even Kabasa doesnt agree with your seventh day Adventist soul sleep heresy

2 Likes

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by easymancfc(m): 6:53am On May 09, 2017
kabasa77:

Comprehension is your problem, The Bible said the 24 elders had a bowl containing the prayers of the Saints, prayers the Saints made by themselves, they only brought it to God's presence, this different from when a person interceeds for another. They 24 elders only brought the prayers to God.. Men, you are impossible really..

I believe you are the one with comprehension problems.. how did this prayers get to them to present to God if Jesus is the only one that can present our petitions to God?

2 Likes

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by LogicStatement: 6:59am On May 09, 2017
Splinz:

My brother, go and sit down. Yes, relax. If you like, go ahead and fan yourself for a job well done. I mean, it's not easy to wickedly butcher the truths all in the name of scriptural knowledge.

Heretics!
grin what a pity! grin
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by easymancfc(m): 7:03am On May 09, 2017
Splinz:

Go and sharpen your comprehension skills. I can't believe you're this dull.

Every time someone proves you wrong you blame it on the person's comprehension skills, I assume you are a know it all with all the ability of comprehension and others have little or non...
indeed the book of revelation has a symbolic dimension, it doesn't mean everything in the book of revelation is symbolic..

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Splinz(m): 7:04am On May 09, 2017
easymancfc:

Unfortunately for you splinz even Kabasa doesnt agree with your seventh day Adventist soul sleep heresy

Unfortunately? You have nothing to say my dear. I'm not looking out for man's agreement but that of the Word. He agrees with His word that His saints are awaiting their CHANGE at His appearing.

Not like someone who feels he must also bow down and worship one dumb idol in the name of Mary, simply because others pray with the bible.

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Splinz(m): 7:10am On May 09, 2017
easymancfc:

Every time someone proves you wrong you blame it on the person's comprehension skills, I assume you are a know it all with all the ability of comprehension and others have little or non...
indeed the book of revelation has a symbolic dimension, it doesn't mean everything in the book of revelation is symbolic..

I can't be prove wrong over what I know. If I'm wrong, I'd admit so.

I'v proven that the said Revelation chapter and verse is symbolic. You can't refute it except you want to go on a spree of ignorance talks.
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by easymancfc(m): 7:10am On May 09, 2017
Splinz:

Unfortunately? You have nothing to say my dear. I'm not looking out for man's agreement but that of the Word. He agrees with His word that His saints are awaiting their CHANGE at His appearing.

Not like someone who feels he must also bow down and worship one dumb idol in the name of Mary, simply because others pray with the bible.

I don't feel I must bow down in the name of Mary, that's just your misrepresentations of what Catholics do...
Every Tom, dick and Harry with a Bible nowadays feels he has authority to teach and condemn others, Your founder Ellen Gourd White had no authority, therefore you don't, let God who sees the heart judge us.. not you

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Splinz(m): 7:13am On May 09, 2017
LogicStatement:

grin what a pity! grin

Yeah... My pity is with you my dear. My prayer is that you come out of Babylon the great- a den of demons!

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Splinz(m): 7:17am On May 09, 2017
easymancfc:
Your founder Ellen Gourd White had no authority...
Silly assumptions. Who is even Ellen Gourd?

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by kabasa77(m): 7:29am On May 09, 2017
Please these two Catholic fellows stop quoting me.. I have made myself clear, the choice is yours

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by easymancfc(m): 7:39am On May 09, 2017
Splinz:

Silly assumptions. Who is even Ellen Gourd?

I might be presumptuous.. in assuming that you are a seventh day Adventist.. because all your thinking fits their theology..

You didn't prove that rev 6:9 is symbolic.... it is not, there are no symbolic martyrs, there is not symbolic vengeance, there is no symbolic people on earth to get vengeance on

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by easymancfc(m): 7:42am On May 09, 2017
kabasa77:
Please these two Catholic fellows stop quoting me.. I have made myself clear, the choice is yours

no you have not.... I ask again, how did the Elders in heaven with the angels get the prayers they are offering to God if Jesus is the only one to offer prayers to God in heaven...

and from your earlier comments you believe Mary and the apostles should be in heaven so by that statement you disagree with splinz heretical soul sleep view that the dead in Christ are unconscious in the grave

6 Likes

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Splinz(m): 7:43am On May 09, 2017
easymancfc:

I might be presumptuous.. in assuming that you are a seventh day Adventist.. because all your thinking fits their theology..

You didn't prove that rev 6:9 is symbolic.... it is not, there are no symbolic martyrs, there is not symbolic vengeance, there is no symbolic people on earth to get vengeance on

You see! Am I surprise? No. Enjoy your spree of ignorance.

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by kabasa77(m): 7:45am On May 09, 2017
easymancfc:

no you have not.... I ask again, how did the Elders in heaven with the angels get the prayers they are offering to God if Jesus is the only one to offer prayers to God on heaven...

and from your earlier comments you believe Mary and the apostles should be in heaven so by that statement you disagree with splinz heretical soul sleep view that the dead is Christ are unconscious in the grave

Don't mention me again..

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by italo: 8:05am On May 09, 2017
kabasa77:

Don't mention me again..

Haha! The heretic who said Christians cant pray for others sins to be forgiven has been pushed to a dead end by his own lies.

He'll rather runaway than accept what the Bible says.

1John5:16 If you see any brother or sister commit a sin that does not lead to death, you should pray and God will give them life. I refer to those whose sin does not lead to death. There is a sin that leads to death. I am not saying that you should pray about that.

4 Likes

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by kabasa77(m): 8:11am On May 09, 2017
italo:

Haha! The heretic who said Christians cant pray for others sins to be forgiven has been pushed to a dead end by his own lies.

He'll rather runaway than accept what the Bible says.

Don't be silly Mr... You are the ones who are idol worshippers, worshiping the Queen of Heaven, where in your Bible was your Mary crowned the Queen of Heaven, and what of your silly immaculate birth of Mary?

The Bible have said it, we have only one mediator and intercessor, Jesus, you can pray for your brother here on earth, but you don't pray to those already in heaven to help you, when Jesus is there.. Continue in your folly

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by easymancfc(m): 8:35am On May 09, 2017
Splinz:

You see! Am I surprise? No. Enjoy your spree of ignorance.

Revelation is not all symbolic, that is a fact, if in your ignorance, you think I am ignorant, then you enjoy your ignorance too.. like I said, God is the judge, not you...
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by easymancfc(m): 8:36am On May 09, 2017
kabasa77:

Don't mention me again..
you still have not answered the question there in
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by kabasa77(m): 8:57am On May 09, 2017
easymancfc:

you still have not answered the question there in

I have answered you time without number. You are just being annoying.. Christains here on EARTH can pray for a fellow Christian to God forgiveness, as stated in the passages you quoted, but it is entirely wrong when you pray to Saints in Heaven to pray on your behalf when the Bible is clear that that's the sole duty of Jesus as our one and only mediator who is sitted at the right hand of the father making intercessions for us.. How is that so hard for you to assimilate and comprehend?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by easymancfc(m): 9:02am On May 09, 2017
kabasa77:

Don't be silly Mr... You are the ones who are idol worshippers, worshiping the Queen of Heaven, where in your Bible was your Mary crowned the Queen of Heaven, and what of your silly immaculate birth of Mary?

The Bible have said it, we have only one mediator and intercessor, Jesus, you can pray for your brother here on earth, but you don't pray to those already in heaven to help you, when Jesus is there.. Continue in your folly

For the millionth time.. we don't worship Mary, we give her honor deserving of being Mother of Jesus Christ who is GOD MADE FLESH.. we don't honor Mary because she is a God, but we give her honor because of Jesus...

As for Queen of Heaven.. We don't need to believe that to be saved.. but again that is not because she is a god.. but because of Jesus Christ..
JESUS IS THE KING OF HEAVEN AND EARTH... THE MOTHER OF A KING IS A QUEEN.. THE QUEEN OF THE KINGDOM WHERE HER SON REIGNS
THEREFORE BY DEDUCTION.. MARY IS QUEEN BECAUSE HER SON IS KING

This is a biblical principle which is found in 1 kings 2:19 So bathshe′ba went to King Solomon, to speak to him on behalf of Adoni′jah. And the king rose to meet her, and bowed down to her; then he sat on his throne, and had a seat brought for the king’s mother; and she sat on his right.

and from thence, in the line of David, the role of Queen mother was established

It is not necessarily an essential of salvation.. but a theological opinion

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

Good Friday: 7 Catholic Devotees Nailed To Cross In Philippines (photos) / Pastor Adeboye: Those Attacking Me On Internet Would Be Sent Out Of This Country / Pastor Sambulo Pours Hot Water On Church Members To Demonstrate 'miracle'

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.