Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,166 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:37 AM

I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba (67969 Views)

Lady Vows Never To Visit Her Potential Boyfriend's House Again After Seeing This / I Dumped My Bride On Wedding Day Because She's Been Cheating On Me- Groom Shouts / I Sympathise With A Guy Who Says He Used And Dumped A Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by rumenase(m): 2:30pm On May 09, 2017
I met this guy, let’s call him Mr. C a few years ago through a friend. He was everything most girls would want; young, rich and cute. I had only known him for two weeks before he invited me over to his new crib which he had just spent a small fortune furnishing

Going to his house was kind of the first date we were going to have. He came over to my place to pick me up and I looked forward to a pleasant evening. We got to his house and I was impressed with the decor. He had a good and decent place.

After sitting for a while, he said he was hungry. I asked him what he wanted to do about it. Mr C looked at me and told me he had chicken in his freezer that I should go inside and prepare rice so we ( I, himself and a few of his friends who came over) could eat. I was shocked but pretended not to hear him. He said it again loudly and I politely asked him “Why should I cook for you and your friends”?

He looked at me and said, “you are a woman you should know how to put the house in order whenever you are around”. This was the first date. I haven’t known this dude for more than a few weeks and there he was already dictating what I should do or shouldn’t do as a woman.

I declined cooking for him and after 30 minutes he got up, drove to a nearby fast food and bought me rice. I ate the food, told him thanks and asked him to drop me off. The relationship never worked out because I refused to go on more dates with him.

I have nothing against cooking. I will gladly cook a three-course meal, clean the entire house and mop a compound if I want to do it. I, however, will not do any of those things for a guy who thinks it is my responsibility.

Cooking is not a woman’s thing. Cooking is a skill that can be learned by anyone. I am not supposed to cook, be a prayer warrior and always be kind-hearted because I am a woman.

I dumped a potential boyfriend because he asked me to cook and I do not feel bad about it.

Source: http://crazyanne.com/dumped-my-boyfriend/

76 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by Nobody: 2:37pm On May 09, 2017
Alainikanse

317 Likes 16 Shares

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by Oluwasaeon(m): 3:04pm On May 09, 2017
One word - Pride !

394 Likes 18 Shares

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by Heavance(m): 3:04pm On May 09, 2017
Hmmm, you seem to see the guy as an okay person, probably the way he sounded about you cooking turned you off entirely, at times guys can be authoritative without knowing they are, mostly when around their friends.
Should have just gone on more dates, he could turn out nicer than you thought.

162 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by tukdi: 3:08pm On May 09, 2017
Oya clap for yourself! tongue

306 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by rumenase(m): 3:40pm On May 09, 2017
I thing the guy was wrong. my opinion though

184 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by pat1612(m): 4:39pm On May 09, 2017
shocked
Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by Revolva(m): 3:55pm On May 10, 2017
that lady is an idoit n a big problem in d future nonsense

206 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by junnyjake(m): 12:29pm On May 11, 2017
All these feministic ideas self!

Were you thinking by dating him, you were doing him a favor?

Could it be possible that you totally misjudged him?

One thing with all these feministic ideas is that they allow for you to have a rigid view of things, " If men do this then he is nothing but a misogynist"

The first time bae visited, I cooked and she enjoyed it, So my ideals don't restrict women to the kitchen.

You said you dumped him, so that's to make you special uh? Fine, Good luck with finding a man who won't ask you to cook.

lalasticlala, or whoever is in charge of this board should move this to FP, so we can have more views on this issue.

280 Likes 12 Shares

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by veekid(m): 2:04pm On May 11, 2017
She is still young now; leave her, by the time she approach 30. By then her sense of reasoning go come down to normal

337 Likes 23 Shares

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by ekems2017(f): 2:04pm On May 11, 2017
Hmmm. Well If you enjoy cooking you will not be saying this. It doesn't mean the guy wanted to use you. You probably don't know if he wanted a wife and saw you as a potential one. You missed out.

Maybe if it was sex you will have gladly given to him.

362 Likes 21 Shares

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by sukkot: 2:04pm On May 11, 2017
cheesy slay mama. wagbayi

104 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by Nobody: 2:05pm On May 11, 2017
angry
Is this not the same girl who has slept with 2788 men

Nothing we no go see undecided
Even this one wey her Toto don sag and wide like Grand Canyon still dey form for man

I no blame am sha, man must knack. embarassed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltSTeZA6xMI

154 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by toyinjimoh(m): 2:05pm On May 11, 2017
she is a fool

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by mumihaja(f): 2:05pm On May 11, 2017
is this not the same girl who called herself a whorre and claimed to have slept with 7,788 men?

which of them asked her to cook?

89 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by Nobody: 2:05pm On May 11, 2017
Who cares

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by theway83: 2:05pm On May 11, 2017
yeye fowl

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by ivolt: 2:05pm On May 11, 2017
It is obvious you are not ready for a relationship and only wants to fool around.

Edited my suspicion confirmed:
It is the same girl who claimed to be a proud LovePeddler.

http://gistreel.com/2017/04/22/LovePeddler-ive-slept-2788-men-nigerian-lady-says/

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by BoraWizzle(m): 2:05pm On May 11, 2017
Oluwasaeon:
One word - Pride !

2 Words! " Dumb A** " ,,, Whao! Really. Okay ooo..

7 Likes

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by winkmart: 2:06pm On May 11, 2017
Ode nie, you have no point and you make no sense

3 Likes

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by Nobody: 2:06pm On May 11, 2017
And you are very proud of yourself? After Mr Right will miss road and miraculously discover you...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by ellechrystal(f): 2:06pm On May 11, 2017
Hmm, isn't it this girl tat gladly said she is a LovePeddler, ashawo and all that, tat has slept with 2783 men excluding women, My dear, only God can judge you.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by Nobody: 2:06pm On May 11, 2017
Smart girl. The next date he would have brought out clothes for you to wash.

Set a standard for yourself because if you marry such a man you will never be happy. Men like that end up beating women.

77 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by babyfaceafrica: 2:07pm On May 11, 2017
So what?
Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by yankeedude(m): 2:07pm On May 11, 2017
see ya life
Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by Shortyy(f): 2:07pm On May 11, 2017
Good for you
Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by Jaymaxxy(m): 2:07pm On May 11, 2017
So you think you are doing me?

1 Like

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by Olukokosir(m): 2:07pm On May 11, 2017
Till u turn 79yrs nd u still dey single

18 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

How Your Mother Looks At You When You Are 32 Years And Not Married (picture) / When No One Wants To Date You, But Everyone Wants To Sleep With You / My Acclaimed Girlfriend Just Sent Me An Sms Meant For Someone Else.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.