Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,977 members, 7,825,048 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba (68083 Views)

Lady Vows Never To Visit Her Potential Boyfriend's House Again After Seeing This / I Dumped My Bride On Wedding Day Because She's Been Cheating On Me- Groom Shouts / I Sympathise With A Guy Who Says He Used And Dumped A Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by double0seven(m): 3:50pm On May 11, 2017
For the girl to be at his house on a first date, she probably felt very comfortable with him. This happens sometimes.

First, I think the guy shouldn't have asked the girl to cook for him on a first date. It definitely sent the wrong signals.

However, from the story the girl tells, don't think the guy is bad guy. He probably just made a bad judgement. Because after she refused, he seemed to get the point. And he still went out and got some food for her from a fast food restaurant.

And the guy asking her to cook rice, while his friends are also around, maybe his own way of saying/thinking the girl is special and sees her as more than just a potential girlfriend. And he wasn't wise enough to see the wrong signal he may be sending. But it would seem he realized it after the girl declined.

He still bought her food, then went to drop her at home. The girl made her point by refusing to cook, but she may have overacted by dumping the guy.

Who knows. He may turn out to be the best thing that ever happened to her.

Meanwhile, it's total nonsense to say it's not the responsibility of the woman to cook, just because she's a woman. True, the woman is not a slave and men should do their best to help out.

Even in Western countries, 9 out of 10, it's the women that come cooks & takes care of the home. But their men are very understanding and help out in the house.

Even in these western countries, women that in such things like its not the women responbility to cook or take care of the homes are mostly not married or not interested. They are mostly women that live for their careers and they do achieve great things but they don't care about marriage. Marriage is at the bottom of their priority list

1 Like

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by Frankcastle: 3:51pm On May 11, 2017
Oshisko..

NwamaziNwaAro:
angry
Is this not the same girl who has slept with 2788 men

Nothing we no go see undecided
Even this one wey her Toto don sag and wide like Grand Canyon still dey form for man

I no blame am sha, man must knack. embarassed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltSTeZA6xMI
Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by lovethchioma(f): 3:52pm On May 11, 2017
Nofuckgiven:

You are the blockhead because she didn't force him to do all that! If he says no,will she kill him??
Dont mind that blockhead ...

1 Like

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by Eluwilussit(m): 3:52pm On May 11, 2017
seguno2:

I have responded on the basis that this could have happened to anyone.
Cheers.

I got you. I once dated a girl who wouldnt cook. Good Christian girl but when a man is looking for a wife, he is most likely looking for a home maker. Someone that will team up with him and build a lovely home.

A lot of people take what they read or hear through the media too seriously. Our needs as humans, haven't really changed a lot. Food is still our number one need and pririoty. Guys still need wives and girls, husbands.

We make things complicated unnecessarily, sometimes.

2 Likes

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by Frankcastle: 3:53pm On May 11, 2017
E ku ise..

U make sense.

missomo:
Smart girl. The next date he would have brought out clothes for you to wash.

Set a standard for yourself because if you marry such a man you will never be happy. Men like that end up beating women.

2 Likes

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by Nobody: 3:53pm On May 11, 2017
smiley
Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by Frankcastle: 3:53pm On May 11, 2017
If only your views are taken seriously.

Eluwilussit:

I got you. I once dated a girl who wouldnt cook. Good Christian girl but when a man is looking for a wife, he is most likely looking for a home maker. Someone that will team up with him and build a lovely home.

A lot of people take what they read or hear through the media too seriously. Our needs as humans, haven't really changed a lot. Food is still our number one need and pririoty. Guys still need wives and girls, husbands.

We make things complicated unnecessarily, sometimes.

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by Josephamstrong1(m): 3:55pm On May 11, 2017
Eehh! shocked
There is nothing I won't read on NL.
Na dem slay butcher bae.

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by leofab(f): 3:57pm On May 11, 2017
Okay but he bought rice for her and she ate it
T3Amo:
I would have dumped him too. The guy is very wrong on the first date inviting her over so that she can cook for him and his friends and justifying it because she is a woman. His manner and approach was very wrong.
This would turn most women off.

Imagine if the girl on the first date invited the guy to her house and started demanding that he buy groceries and do shopping for her because after all he is a man and it's his duty to provide? A lot of men here would be calling her all sorts of names. Hypocrites.

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by Nobody: 3:58pm On May 11, 2017
sukkot:
cheesy slay mama. wagbayi
Abeg go and sit down!
Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by Nobody: 3:58pm On May 11, 2017
Frankcastle:
E ku ise..

U make sense.

Thank you Frank.
Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by leofab(f): 4:00pm On May 11, 2017
Nofuckgiven:

You are the blockhead because she didn't force him to do all that! If he says no,will she kill him??
Like someone said above, if she didn't want to cook on the first date,she should not have gone to his place! All this issues would have been avoided,I still support her though. The guy should have made the first move to cook and she would have assisted him.
There is no where in the Bible God states that it is a woman's duty to cook,if it is just quote me with that particular chapter or verse.
As long as she is not his wife,it is never her duty to cook for him. Boyfriend or not!! Unless he is ready to assume her financial responsibilies of course.
She can also do like me and date only men who cook. That would save you from all this hullabaloo! undecided
why didn't the girl make a move to buy herself the rice so the guy can support ? Go sleep Kate.. am a lady like you.
Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by micxwell(m): 4:00pm On May 11, 2017
missomo:

Set a standard for yourself because if you marry such a man you will never be happy. Men like that end up beating women.
At first I was like what's the big deal in cooking but, but I guess the guy sounded as though It's his right and not asking for a favour. #MutualRespect. cheesy But if I were in your shoes, I won't eat the food he bought o, you sef no try jor smiley
Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by leofab(f): 4:01pm On May 11, 2017
lovethchioma:
Who is this one again? .. Look, I would have ignored you just like I normally do with people like you.
But hey, I just wanted to ask you something.... do you have a problem driving home your point without insulting people? and to think the only way you can make someone agree with you is by insulting them actually proves you are the blockhead here.

OK bye bye
yes am the blockhead here just like you who is one sided feminist.. you won't cook on your first date and yet ate his rice on first date..

2 Likes

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by Nobody: 4:01pm On May 11, 2017
EAZY2422:
wooowwww......speaking from experience huh?no wonder you still single at age 39.make i catch you for shiloh 2016.

39? Shiloh 2016? It's either you're a terrible comedian or you've got mental issues. I'm seriously concerned about you.
Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by liksy(f): 4:01pm On May 11, 2017
My dear don't feel you lost any thing because you refused to cook for him. I don't think that guy is a good guy, how can he ask you to cook just few weeks after meeting him. No!!. He is like those guys that use women, want to subdue women at every opportunity they have. That is if you give them the opportunity.

Him, asking you to cook in just few weeks he met you, is like you asking him for money just few weeks you met him. You can imagine how he will react if you had ask him to give you money.

I am not against you cooking for your boyfriend or fiance once in a while, not while you just met.

Every lady should have self esteem.

1 Like

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by Nofuckgiven: 4:02pm On May 11, 2017
leofab:
why didn't the girl make a move to buy herself the rice so the guy can support ? Go sleep Kate.. am a lady like you.
You are a lady like me and I am telling you the guy would have not bought her the rice. He did it because he wanted to. Abi na she force am to ask her out? It is not by force!

1 Like

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by Nobody: 4:02pm On May 11, 2017
micxwell:

At first I was like what's the big deal in cooking but, but I guess the guy sounded as though It's his right and not asking for a favour. #MutualRespect. cheesy But if I were in your shoes, I won't eat the food he bought o, you sef no try jor smiley

Lol. He offered her the food now.

But I'm sure if he had ordered her to eat it she wouldn't have. wink

2 Likes

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by olushola777(m): 4:05pm On May 11, 2017
rumenase:

Source: http://crazyanne.com/dumped-my-boyfriend/
I only hope you won't wait for too long before you realize your mistakes not all guys takes this attitude from you...Lady's of nowadays!. Thank your stars, that guy is a nice guy if not your intestine will rumble like royal rumble...Alakada shior
Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by CONFAMA: 4:06pm On May 11, 2017
missomo:

So that olosho babe na standard... Smh
Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by Nobody: 4:08pm On May 11, 2017
CONFAMA:

So that olosho babe na standard... Smh

Even a broken clock is right twice in a day.
And please don't call her a prostitute.
Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by leofab(f): 4:08pm On May 11, 2017
Nofuckgiven:

You are a lady like me and I am telling you the guy would have not bought her the rice. He did it because he wanted to. Abi na she force am to ask her out? It is not by force!
today I have a lot of ffucks to give.. if is one sided and came to announce it to gain cheap sympathetic point... but this is Nigeria and I am not sorry for her. You don't expect that guy to enter the kitchen to cook for her and his friends. Haba..

1 Like

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by frankosuji: 4:09pm On May 11, 2017
cheesy cry cryI think no body can advice u rather than urself .shame shame shame shame .
Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by DEBJOCH1(m): 4:10pm On May 11, 2017
You need to go visit TBJ, and you are proud of that?
Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by micxwell(m): 4:11pm On May 11, 2017
asuustrike2009:
Girl you did the right thing That guy is so proud of himself.he doesn't apply wisdom if not he would have entered the kitchen prepare the meal and watch how you would react. Am very sure that he would expect you to continue from where he stop not commanding you as if he owns you. Cooking for your boyfriend is a sign of love not force
But come you Bleep up big time by eating the food from eatery
Exactly my thoughts bro. Enter the Kitchen and see whether she will join or not cheesy. She can't cook but she ate the food the guy bought.
Somehow I think if the guy can cook, he would have done so and she will eat it without assisting him all because "she thinks he's trying to boss her around".... She has no shame cheesy
Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by Nickymezor(f): 4:11pm On May 11, 2017
leofab:
talk is cheap , how will you feel going to see your brother and met him sweating in the kitchen while his alleged babe is in the parlor with his friends watching telemundo..

You deserve this..
Hey, it's nt as if I aint gonna assist him. I can do the dishes and tidy up afterwards. .. See , its kinda out place fr him to want me to fix something fr everyone to eat wen I am jst paying him a visit fr the first tym. Subsequent visits no go dey again ni
Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by leofab(f): 4:12pm On May 11, 2017
MsRoe:
This has passed chauvinism. What is up with all these masculinist men anyway? What sort of hoops do you expect women to jump through for you? Masculinism everywhere! The number of marriageable men is decreasing by the minute. Soon all we'll have is a bunch of masculinists and feminists, going their separate ways.
the real reason why same sex marriage is the way to go.. less stories less troubles.. we hardly see them divorce nor involve in domestic violence..

1 Like

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by Nobody: 4:13pm On May 11, 2017
micxwell:

Exactly my thoughts bro. Enter the Kitchen and see whether she will join or not cheesy. She can't cook but she ate the food the guy bought.
Somehow I think if the guy can cook, he would have done so and she will eat it without assisting him all because "she thinks he's trying to boss her around".... She has no shame cheesy
Hahaaaaaa

1 Like

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by micxwell(m): 4:14pm On May 11, 2017
leofab:
today I have a lot of ffucks to give.. if is one sided and came to announce it to gain cheap sympathetic point... but this is Nigeria and I am not sorry for her. You don't expect that guy to enter the kitchen to cook for her and his friends. Haba..
Why not, If the guy knows how to. It's his house now and he's not married undecided . #My thoughts
Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by Odicious: 4:15pm On May 11, 2017
so wetin concern me if u decide to poo on ur head...see as u ugly sef
Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by leofab(f): 4:15pm On May 11, 2017
Nickymezor:
Hey, it's nt as if I aint gonna assist him. I can do the dishes and tidy up afterwards. .. See , its kinda out place fr him to want me to fix something fr everyone to eat wen I am jst paying him a visit fr the first tym. Subsequent visits no go dey again ni
for him to take you to his house says it all.. he can easily hang you in a hotel. She felt fulfilled and Confident in you and went you to impress his friends.. imagine the discussion they will ensured after she leaves.. she didn't dump that dude the dude dumped her.. his friend must have virused him..
Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by Eluwilussit(m): 4:15pm On May 11, 2017
Frankcastle:
If only your views are taken seriously.

grin grin grin. I know. grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply)

If Your Spouse Ex Brings This Range-Rover On Your Wedding Day (Photo) / Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? / This Pre-wedding Photo Stunt Has Got Wedding Lovers Talking On Instagram!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.