Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,482 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon (27670 Views)

Nnamdi Azikiwe & Obafemi Awolowo And Their Cars (Photos) / Prayer Session In Remembrance Of Abubakar Olusola Saraki (Photos) / Joel Savage: Driving Obafemi Awolowo Through The Principal Streets Of Calabar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by nijabazaar: 9:25pm On May 09, 2017
its like the man actually committed suicide, maybe not via Ratak . I have come to this conclusion cos despite all the taunts from the SEners here, none of d SWners have disputed d claims.

If he did go that way, I wonder what caused it?
Senility, Disease ...a setup?

5 Likes

Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by Basfaq(m): 9:26pm On May 09, 2017
ariesbull:
Please, who is Awolowo? Can somebody educate us here in Kiribati
Go in to retrospect through internet Google can be helpful undecided
Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by zanogo(m): 9:27pm On May 09, 2017
higgs:
His war policy of starvation that led to the deaths of so many children would be recognised as a war crime if it were today.
so you expect a country you are waging war against to be feeding you? NAFDAC needs to check the type of food products you are consuming.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by InvertedHammer: 9:28pm On May 09, 2017
moscobabs:
The great Awo, Died on the 9th of May, 1987....30 years today. What do you remember this great Yoruba man for??

Obafemi Awolowo, Sam Aluko, Pres. Buhari == Sad reminder that karma is real.

What brand of rat poison did Awolowo take?

3 Likes

Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by coolcatty: 9:28pm On May 09, 2017
etchenwafor:

Stop munching amala
You no hear
Stop headhunting and go to school
You no hear..

Aguiyi ironsi and zik were what house boys abi..

You forgot Nwafor orizu...acting president federal republic of Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by hope4life: 9:28pm On May 09, 2017
VictorVELOCITY:
I remembered him for only been on a #500 note grin

Free education Awolowo lo lese -Its Awolowo that can provide free education
I was young when he died and I washed the burial ceremony on a small black and white TV put in a Masoleum and glass kind of casket. They put his cap and glasses on it. Those who witnessed it can confirm.

1 Like

Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by giftedben: 9:32pm On May 09, 2017
He was the beginning of corruption, a criminal and a power drunken fatuous. A coward whom died by rat poison. grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by Horlumyde: 9:33pm On May 09, 2017
awolowo which nigerians could worship you
Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by femolii: 9:33pm On May 09, 2017
Awolowo is greater than all Osus children like Ojukwu a man that died as a result of stroke n heart attack while azik died because of frustration of not allow him to b d premier of western region. i lv awolowo for killing osus d children of hate up till now they never recover from d shock of what awo do to them during war,Achebe osu son that one end up in wheel chair paralise hmmmm what a shame.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by kramer: 9:34pm On May 09, 2017
Bridget95:
the two old mama caught with drugs were SW women.

The ritual killers are from that side.

show me your original goods.

Dear for every SW drug dealer there are 5 from SE. Check NL grin

2 Likes

Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by sotall(m): 9:36pm On May 09, 2017
the amount of hate and tribalistic comments in this thread is unparalleled.

4 Likes

Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by Bekimbo(m): 9:37pm On May 09, 2017
VirginFinder:

Madam speak for yourself.

A Yoruba man is currently acting president.

Acting gini? The last time I checked Osibanjo is a conductor abi Na coordinator in the zoo called Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by Bekimbo(m): 9:39pm On May 09, 2017
sotall:
the amount of hate and tribalistic comments in this thread is unparalleled.

To tell you Nigeria is not one,when you want keep quiet is when you will see painful comment again against your region
Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by Nobody: 9:40pm On May 09, 2017
Igboesika:
Rip, but how did he die, I mean what's the cause of his death ?, no offence pls, just asking .
grin otapiapia oo.

2 Likes

Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by femolii: 9:46pm On May 09, 2017
He died naturaly not like d way ojukwu n zik die with stroke.

1 Like

Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by geekay4real(m): 9:49pm On May 09, 2017
You can never please everyone in life because your good deeds is at the detriment of some people's mischievous acts. Awo can never be forgotten even the so called Ojukwu admitted that by calling him the best president Nigeria never had. It was during his era that Nigeria as a country competes with European country, it was then that Nigeria problem was not money but how to spend money. It is palpable that till now Nigeria has never had a leader who has foresight and commitment like Awo.
No wonder everything you did then was first in Africa that is why we are referred to as giant of Africa.
Awo ........... Our man
Only voice for the masses
You will always be remembered

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by Nobody: 9:52pm On May 09, 2017
Best and only president Nigeria never had.

1 Like

Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by madridguy(m): 9:55pm On May 09, 2017
I fell in love with your moniker.

Zaitoon:
So many hate filled posts on this thread.
So sad some people wear bitterness like a badge of honour sad
Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by stankezzy: 9:56pm On May 09, 2017
Ratinho

6 Likes

Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by ImpersonatorSS: 9:57pm On May 09, 2017
Bekimbo:

Acting gini? The last time I checked Osibanjo is a conductor abi Na coordinator in the zoo called Nigeria

What you see doesnt matter. Osinbajo is already acting as president.

When will the yEasterners ever rule the "zoo" since they will forever remain "slaves" in it?

Go and ponder that question.

1 Like

Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by amachuk(m): 10:00pm On May 09, 2017
lilytender:

Yes, the man that used over three million stubborn goats for pepper soup and suya between 1967 and 1970. Several years after the children and grandchildren of the stubborn goats of yester-years are still being used for suya by Fulani herdsmen.
and later died shamefully by drinking ota pia pia.

2 Likes

Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by ImpersonatorSS: 10:01pm On May 09, 2017
nijabazaar:

why x everyone dodging my question?

how did he die?

my uncle died hanging from fan hook. He stuck out his tongue as if mockin d world. yes I said it. Suicide x for d brave I guess?

so someone should educate me. How did he die? What's there?

He fell in the bathroom.

We all know how dangerous it is to fall in the bathroom.

1 Like

Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by Tflex01: 10:01pm On May 09, 2017
rocoh:
Igbos have a victim mentality , they believe others put them in their current predicament.You cant help people with such attitude. YORUBA PEOPLE BETRAYED US, AWOLOWO BETRAYED US , NA ONLY UNA DEY ??

An average igbo have victim mentality ingrained in them cool

Imagine one Igbo guy complaining that Awolowo developed Ibadan and not Enugu cool

7 Likes

Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by anyebedgreat: 10:02pm On May 09, 2017
VictorVELOCITY:
I remembered him for only been on a #500 note grin
lol.. You need to quit smoking weed. Awolowo is on #100 note
Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by femolii: 10:07pm On May 09, 2017
Igbos are not ashame of them self see as only one yoruba man deal with all igbos,anytime they hear about Awo they will afraid so they think awo will allow biafra to capture his brothers n sisters because i know that is their problem osus self.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

EndSARS Riots: Sanwo-Olu In TVC, Consoles Management And Staff / 2023: Tinubu Could Emerge APC’s Consensus Candidate – Osita Okechukwu / Amaechi Cancels Visit To Wike's Ward

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.