Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,234 members, 7,825,907 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

Osinbajo Tweets About Acting President / Coordinating President Controversy - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Tweets About Acting President / Coordinating President Controversy (61851 Views)

Yemi Osinbajo Tweets After Inauguration / Onnoghen: Senate Should Suspend Buhari And Declare Saraki As Acting President / Shehu Sani Tweets About Jibril Of Sudan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo Tweets About Acting President / Coordinating President Controversy by dealslip(f): 8:07am On May 10, 2017
[quote author=AceRoyal post=56376329]
All these hate,religious bigotry/supremacy issues ain't healthy for the positive sustainable development of this Nation.
Have noticed that most times your comments are either tribalistic or religiously inciting.
Yes you have freedom of speech and expression but it shouldn't be laced with so much hatred and contempt for the South and Christians.

Address issues and face facts but do not try to twist it based on political, religious or ethnic sentiments.

Have a beautiful day! smiley[/quote)

He is a deranged bigot can't you see. Don't waste your time trying to understand him. He has lost his mind and he is so obsessed with himself, his religion and ethnicity

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Tweets About Acting President / Coordinating President Controversy by Nobody: 8:07am On May 10, 2017
MysteriousAnn:
PMB is just a figurehead, Osinbajo is the work and brain. LOL, just joking..

You mean like Bonnie and Clyde grin
Scooby and Shaggy
Re: Osinbajo Tweets About Acting President / Coordinating President Controversy by Adebowale89(m): 8:07am On May 10, 2017
osinbanjoisaliar:
Liar, President Buhari did not handover to you, but to the Presidency. According to the letter read on the senate floor, you are nothing but a mere coordinator.
The Senate led by the senate president called you a mere commissioner, now the executive led by the president termed you a mere coordinator. That means you are not even the VP. So stop lying and acting like if you are remotely in charge.
#NOTMYPRESIDENT

am sorry to say this you sound more like a frustrated & hopeless human being

all of you using this baby moniker should grow up already

I wonder whom the leader want to handover the mantle of this country to when the youths are busy arguing blindly with addicted hatred

pmb handover to him or not, he still remained the driver, driving the affairs of this country until pmb return and there is nothing anyone can do about it

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Tweets About Acting President / Coordinating President Controversy by signz: 8:08am On May 10, 2017
Nairalanders, be not deceived. That letter was a carefully worded letter.

Except someone goes to Supreme Court for an interpretation, Osibanjo is not Ag President before the cabal and Buratai COAS ( Very important post).

The cabal just made Osibanjo impotent and Osibanjo knows this.

Another thing that can reaffirm Osibanjo's powers as Ag President will be for Minna to convene another meeting and curtail the powers of this cabal.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Tweets About Acting President / Coordinating President Controversy by peacechild(f): 8:08am On May 10, 2017
My people what does section 145(1) of 1999 as amended state. Pls somebody should educate me
Re: Osinbajo Tweets About Acting President / Coordinating President Controversy by FriendNG: 8:09am On May 10, 2017
AceRoyal:

All these hate,religious bigotry/supremacy issues ain't healthy for the positive sustainable development of this Nation.
Have noticed that most times your comments are either tribalistic or religiously inciting.
Yes you have freedom of speech and expression but it shouldn't be laced with so much hatred and contempt for the South and Christians.

Address issues and face facts but do not try to twist it based on political, religious or ethnic sentiments.

Have a beautiful day! smiley

Like I said. I all learn it here. Those who live in glass house should not throw stones.
Re: Osinbajo Tweets About Acting President / Coordinating President Controversy by dealslip(f): 8:09am On May 10, 2017
AceRoyal:

Have a beautiful day! smiley

He is a deranged bigot can't you see. Don't waste your time trying to understand him. He has lost his mind and he is so obsessed with himself, his religion and ethnicity
Re: Osinbajo Tweets About Acting President / Coordinating President Controversy by michoim(m): 8:09am On May 10, 2017
FriendNG:
Common Synonym is giving some educated illiterate southerners headache. [FFK is the leader of the illiterates]

Buhari is coordinating the activities of the country and now he ask Osinbanjo to coordinate on his behalf.

The section of the constitution quoted is enough to tell you what the president meant. What is so hard 2 understand.

Yes indeed. FFK & Fayose are the arch leaders of educated illiterates.

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Tweets About Acting President / Coordinating President Controversy by ipobbigot7: 8:10am On May 10, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
Time will tell

Don't tell me you are among those that are confused about the choice of words used by Buhari. If you are get a dictionary please.
Re: Osinbajo Tweets About Acting President / Coordinating President Controversy by AceRoyal: 8:10am On May 10, 2017
PatriotTemidayo:
As hard as this is for me to say, honestly NIGERIA IS A MESSED UP COUNTRY.

The entire premise of a law is predicated on its content, which by extension means its letters or words. "Coordinator" is never a transfer of mandate and its inherent powers, which was exactly the intent of the law that asked the president to send a letter to the National Assembly.

If such was done in developed and serious nations, that letter would have been shredded until the right designation is made.

Coordinating is comparable to times when the president attend official duties outside of the Villa, Ofcourse, someone is always overseeing activates before he comes back. That is never the same as when a president is going for medical follow-up in incapacitated situation. And especially when he doesn't know the duration of his medical tour.

This is an insult to the constitution of Nigeria and its beautiful people.
When you point out things like this they are quick to brand you a wailer or ipob.

Words and expressions are very important even in law.
Yes a latter was sent as the constitution requires but the word "coordinating" can be explored by devious minds to the detriment of the Country and Vice President.
As he might be bypassed when it comes to very critical and important decisions.
#MyHumbleOpinion.

Wishing the President speedy recovery and the V.P wisdom.

Godbless Nigeria
Re: Osinbajo Tweets About Acting President / Coordinating President Controversy by Hemanwel(m): 8:12am On May 10, 2017
doctokwus:
D good thing is that now that everybody is aware that many of us have read some mischievous motive behind how d handover letter was drafted,everybody wud now be looking out to see if Osinbajo will in anyway be restricted in her powers and activities.
This wide public scrutiny of d letter has put all subjects involved,PMB,Osinbajo and d cabal on public watch!
Bro, I keep copying some of your nairaland posts to my facebook timeline. I can recall we've had contrary opinions on a particular thread prior to the 2015 general elections, you have so far been the most objective nairalander I have seen. Keep it up bro!
Re: Osinbajo Tweets About Acting President / Coordinating President Controversy by ipobbigot7: 8:12am On May 10, 2017
Realdeals:
The guy VP responded to must be feeling on top of the world now! A whole VP and acting President using sir for you...

To the matter, what's the difference between Gubernatorial aspirants and Governorship aspirants?

Abeg help me lecture them.
Re: Osinbajo Tweets About Acting President / Coordinating President Controversy by Nobody: 8:14am On May 10, 2017
IPOB clowns will day just about anything to ease the pain of their electoral defeat, but little do they know that the pain is gonna last a long while grin

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Tweets About Acting President / Coordinating President Controversy by farem: 8:16am On May 10, 2017
Realdeals:
The guy VP responded to must be feeling on top of the world now! A whole VP and acting President using sir for you...

To the matter, what's the difference between Gubernatorial aspirants and Governorship aspirants?

My brother you no go school at all. There is difference o! See below:

Gubernatorial aspirants
- they will not really be in charge, even if elected by more than 75% lawful votes. They will only be coordinating states affairs
The issue with these is because of the Campaign tag they used 'GUBERNATORIAL'. There is no one referred to as Guber in the constitution. The constitution frowns at this strange English word.

Governorship aspirants: those that will become real govanos. They are with real power and excellency of governors. They derive their legitimacy from their campaign identity 'GOVERNORship' regardless of whether they are rigged in.

Source: Advanced Dictionary for Misguided & Deluded, Nigerian Wailers Edition. 2017 ©

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Tweets About Acting President / Coordinating President Controversy by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 8:17am On May 10, 2017
ShobayoEmma:
Face saving strategy.

GO and hang yourself...

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Tweets About Acting President / Coordinating President Controversy by LionDeLeo: 8:17am On May 10, 2017
ShobayoEmma:
What will it cost mr president to name mr VP as acting which is ideally ought to be in this scenerio? What is the different between his medical trip to UK then and the this lattest one that then qualifies him as Acting and now as a coordinator? Now you will see why it is your problem when you know what qualifies a VP to be an acting president under our constitution. Learn or lost, the choice is yours.

I don't expect anything better from illiterates who don't know the difference between nouns and adjectives.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Tweets About Acting President / Coordinating President Controversy by PatriotTemidayo: 8:17am On May 10, 2017
AceRoyal:

When you point out things like this they are quick to brand you a wailer or ipob.

Words and expressions are very important even in law.
Yes a latter was sent as the constitution requires but the word "coordinating" can be explored by devious minds to the detriment of the Country and Vice President.
As he might be bypassed when it comes to very critical and important decisions.
#MyHumbleOpinion.

Wishing the President speedy recovery and the V.P wisdom.

Godbless Nigeria

God Bless my brother. This was a very tricky way of boxing the VIP to a figurehead corner. The entire machinery of cabal have been allowed to hold unto their manipulative powers, even in the absence of the president.

This goes a long way to show that the president is sympathetic to the CABAL and they might not be a secret political jobbers aft all. It seems the president empowered them to do his biddings and yet didn't wanna take credit for their evils in the open. Or else who holds the rein pf power if the VP was not given the mandate to?; the cabals I guess.

That's what many people don't understand.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Tweets About Acting President / Coordinating President Controversy by BlackMbakara1(m): 8:17am On May 10, 2017
This english is becoming hard by the day, maybe we should start using our dialects.
Re: Osinbajo Tweets About Acting President / Coordinating President Controversy by Okudiover(m): 8:22am On May 10, 2017
FriendNG:
- Professor Yemi Osinbajo reacted to concern that President Buhari did not hand over power to him

- He said the president duly handed over power to him

https://www.naij.com/1103792-osinbajo-speaks-acting-president-coordinating-president-controversy.html

grin grin grin Why is this flattie senator drinking paracetamol for Afonja headache when the Coordinating Vice President is not even from his party? He should be talking about the repairs to Arochukwu/Ohafia federal road which is the worst federal road in West Africa. And he is here playing with semantics. Odiegwu!!

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Tweets About Acting President / Coordinating President Controversy by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 8:23am On May 10, 2017
osinbanjoisaliar:
Liar, President Buhari did not handover to you, but to the Presidency. According to the letter read on the senate floor, you are nothing but a mere coordinator.
The Senate led by the senate president called you a mere commissioner, now the executive led by the president termed you a mere coordinator. That means you are not even the VP. So stop lying and acting like if you are remotely in charge.
#NOTMYPRESIDENT

LOL who will take a dead brain like your serious? Your moniker say it all..

Go and die..

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Tweets About Acting President / Coordinating President Controversy by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 8:24am On May 10, 2017
Realdeals:

LOL some people will still come and tell t;s not the same hahah..

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Tweets About Acting President / Coordinating President Controversy by Okudiover(m): 8:26am On May 10, 2017
farem:

My brother you no go school at all. There is difference o! See below:

Gubernatorial aspirants
- they will not really be in charge, if elected. They will only be coordinating states affairs

Governorship aspirants: those that will become real govanos. They are with real power and excellency of governors. They derive their legitimacy from their campaign identity 'GOVERNORship'.

Source: Advanced Misguided Dictionary, Nigerian Wailers Edition. 2017 ©

grin grin grin And I thought I was the only clown here. Chai!!
Re: Osinbajo Tweets About Acting President / Coordinating President Controversy by Nobody: 8:27am On May 10, 2017
whirlwind7:

Do you know what's funny?

God forbid, but in the event that Mr president couldn't make it back to resume duty, a section of his cabinet will argue that the VP cannot take his place due to the wordings in this same letter.

You should understand that Nigeria is such a complex entity, and certain ambiguities should be avoided, if the intent wasn't to create mischief in the first place.
Bring two constitutional lawyers into a room and have them interpret a part of the constitution.....you are bound to get different views.
so if something bad happens to pmb it is a letter that would be used to pick the successor and not the constitution?na wa for una sha

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Tweets About Acting President / Coordinating President Controversy by chiefolododo(m): 8:29am On May 10, 2017
OSINBAJO SHOULD VOICE OUT. ALL THIS LOYALTY OF A THING WILL NOT PAY HIM
Re: Osinbajo Tweets About Acting President / Coordinating President Controversy by thesolutions(m): 8:30am On May 10, 2017
Millz404:
Why are people this dumb
A part of the Constitution is sited, and the letter is in accordance with what that part of the Constitution says.

Before you start getting confused about the term used in the letter. Read that part of the Constitution which is the source from which the letter is drafted. If it hands over power to the president then whatever term used in the letter is irrelevant.
You expect children to know the constitution or how it works. Let them be. Their opinion is irrelevant.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Tweets About Acting President / Coordinating President Controversy by Basfaq(m): 8:30am On May 10, 2017
FriendNG:

I even modified the post just to add the word. I learn it here on Nairaland. You people (southerners) are waiting for any slight opportunity to insult us.

I even tried by using the word "Some Southerners". Atleast I did not say all unlike the other way round when you people are commenting will generalize it.
And the dude that raised eye brow at Senate is from the east. grin
Re: Osinbajo Tweets About Acting President / Coordinating President Controversy by chincent: 8:31am On May 10, 2017
I quote section 145 of 1999 constitution.

145. Whenever the President transmits to the President of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives a written declaration that he is proceeding on vacation or that he is otherwise unable to discharge the functions of his office, until he transmits to them a written declaration to the contrary such functions shall be discharged by the Vice-President as Acting President.

Buhari is acting technical by not stating that Osibanjor shall discharge duty as Acting President.
Re: Osinbajo Tweets About Acting President / Coordinating President Controversy by Basfaq(m): 8:32am On May 10, 2017
FriendNG:

I even modified the post just to add the word. I learn it here on Nairaland. You people (southerners) are waiting for any slight opportunity to insult us.

I even tried by using the word "Some Southerners". Atleast I did not say all unlike the other way round when you people are commenting will generalize it.
And the dude that raised the eye brow at Senate is from the east. grin
Re: Osinbajo Tweets About Acting President / Coordinating President Controversy by FriendNG: 8:34am On May 10, 2017
Basfaq:
And the dude that raised eye brow at Senate is from the east. grin

East, West or south south = Are all south.
Re: Osinbajo Tweets About Acting President / Coordinating President Controversy by FriendNG: 8:36am On May 10, 2017
fof1:

HOPE U ARE NOT DAFT?

I can only determine whether you're daft or not by taking you to Psychiatric hospital for a brain check up.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Third Female Suicide Bomber Caught By Villagers, Shot Dead (photos) / Tinubu Joins Hilda Baci’s IG Live To Give Her Words Of Encouragement (Pictures) / "Buhari’s Minister, Aisha-Abubakar, With Body Odour" - YES International

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.