Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,485 members, 7,826,834 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

Osinbajo Tweets About Acting President / Coordinating President Controversy - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Tweets About Acting President / Coordinating President Controversy (61855 Views)

Yemi Osinbajo Tweets After Inauguration / Onnoghen: Senate Should Suspend Buhari And Declare Saraki As Acting President / Shehu Sani Tweets About Jibril Of Sudan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo Tweets About Acting President / Coordinating President Controversy by chimex001(m): 8:37am On May 10, 2017
malton:

Nice comment.

But can you not pass it without the "southerners" word?

I wonder what divisive elements like you are turning this country into.

You may substitute "southerners " with Liepods or flatinoes. Or wailing wailers. Mao Ohuabunwa

Re: Osinbajo Tweets About Acting President / Coordinating President Controversy by Sunjay13(m): 8:38am On May 10, 2017
FriendNG:
Common Synonym is giving some educated illiterate southerners headache. [FFK is the leader of the illiterates]

Buhari is coordinating the activities of the country and now he ask Osinbanjo to coordinate on his behalf.

The section of the constitution quoted is enough to tell you what the president meant. What is so hard 2 understand.
Nigerians& their problems,pls either he's been referred 2 as a coordintor or vp,i don't think any issue shld b raised. Pmb coordinated d government when he was in the country,buh now that he is on an indefinate stay in the uk,automatically,d mantle has been handled over to his vice& he coordinates the government in Pmb's absence;very simple.

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Tweets About Acting President / Coordinating President Controversy by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 8:39am On May 10, 2017
kahal29:

Seriously I don't know why some Nigerians are like this. Like someone posted on Facebook and I quote.. .

I don't understand this issue about Coordinating Vice President. The section that empowers Osinbajo as Acting President has already been mentioned.

NIGERIANS LIKE MAKING DRAMA OUT OF EVERYTHING.

Bro even in that letter there's nothing like Coordinating vice President, Mr President said While i am away, Vice President will coordinate the activities of the Government.. In the case Mr President first recognizes his VP and ask him to continue..

Well the questions we need to ask those wailing zombie is what is the job of the President in the first place if not to coordinate the affair of the Government.. English can make someone useless..

No kind wailing wailers jare..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Tweets About Acting President / Coordinating President Controversy by aisammy4: 8:41am On May 10, 2017
I don't know what is the wrong with this tyrant called FFK... What is his problem sef. Why is he misleading People to cause chaos in the polity. He is not different from all other APC politicians. Criminal calling other criminals. Mtcheeeew
Re: Osinbajo Tweets About Acting President / Coordinating President Controversy by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 8:41am On May 10, 2017
genearts:
what does an acting president do?

is the president not the coordinator of government activities?

LOL i tire for wailing wailers oooo..

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Tweets About Acting President / Coordinating President Controversy by Sunjay13(m): 8:41am On May 10, 2017
Brainwashed Nigerians& their brainwashed problems.Pls either he's been referred 2 as a coordinator or vp,i don't think any issue shld b raised. Pmb coordinated d government when he was in the country,buh now that he is on an indefinate stay in the uk,automatically,d mantle has been handled over to his vice& he coordinates the government in Pmb's absence;very simple.
Re: Osinbajo Tweets About Acting President / Coordinating President Controversy by Nobody: 8:43am On May 10, 2017
The VP shows class. Only petty minds dwell perpetually on petty issues. I support his candidacy if he later aspires to the presidency.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Tweets About Acting President / Coordinating President Controversy by LionDeLeo: 8:44am On May 10, 2017
aisammy4:
I don't know what is the wrong with this tyrant called FFK... What is his problem sef. Why is he misleading People Illiterate liepod members to cause chaos in the polity. He is not different from all other APC politicians. Criminal calling other criminals. Mtcheeeew

Fixed. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Tweets About Acting President / Coordinating President Controversy by doctokwus: 8:45am On May 10, 2017
Hemanwel:
Bro, I keep copying some of your nairaland posts to my facebook timeline. I can recall we've had contrary opinions on a particular thread prior to the 2015 general elections, you have so far been the most objective nairalander I have seen. Keep it up bro!
Objectivism shud be d guilding principle for anyone that wishes this country good.
I don't shy away from proclaiming I av passionately supported Buhari since his contest with Yar'Adua in 2007,blived and still bliv he has d capacity to deliver,but I cannot spare him all d knocks wen I don't see that capacity,wen he allows people he has constitutional authority and powers over,using him like a fool and wen he derails from d objectives and promises that made many of us go against all manner of challenges to see him installed.D same objective way we criticized GEJ,is d same way we wud scrutinize and analyse his every action/inaction.

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Tweets About Acting President / Coordinating President Controversy by dodelight(m): 8:47am On May 10, 2017
FriendNG:
Common Synonym is giving some educated illiterate southerners headache. [FFK is the leader of the illiterates]

Buhari is coordinating the activities of the country and now he ask Osinbanjo to coordinate on his behalf.

The section of the constitution quoted is enough to tell you what the president meant. What is so hard 2 understand.
You called that common 'synonym'? Are you a newcomer? or a learner of Nigerian politics? That synonym is all the cabal need to relegate Osibanjo.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Tweets About Acting President / Coordinating President Controversy by FriendNG: 8:48am On May 10, 2017
dodelight:

You called that common 'synonym'? Are you a newcomer? or a learner of Nigerian politics? That synonym is all the cabal need to relegate Osibanjo.

What of the section of the constitution Mr. President Quoted?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Tweets About Acting President / Coordinating President Controversy by Bbpets(m): 8:51am On May 10, 2017
pple jes dey read meaning forgetting that it was no big deal when the president used the word 'co-ordinate'
even sef see the vp's reply to that guy
so now lala jes dey post rubish
Re: Osinbajo Tweets About Acting President / Coordinating President Controversy by GoodGovernance: 8:53am On May 10, 2017
Why all these nonsensical hullabaloo?

The constitution is very clear.

145. Whenever the President transmits to the President of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives a written declaration that he is proceeding on vacation or that he is otherwise unable to discharge the functions of his office, until he transmits to them a written declaration to the contrary such functions shall be discharged by the Vice-President as Acting President.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Tweets About Acting President / Coordinating President Controversy by tiwiex(m): 8:54am On May 10, 2017
FriendNG:

Buhari and whoever prepared the letter tried to be smart by half. If they had copied d previous letter. Acting President was clearly written there. Why start playing with words if there were no ulterior intentions? Thank God we get constitution.

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Tweets About Acting President / Coordinating President Controversy by Bazzio: 8:54am On May 10, 2017
The president wud hav jus qouted the constitution and forget abt any other words because s not a man wit many words instead of creatin problem btw some south and some north.presidency is not a place u mek silly mistek and tink it wil b understood.the senator dat comment on d letter s a wise man.I kno some set of pple in this country dnt lik to giv up power even at d point of death.
Re: Osinbajo Tweets About Acting President / Coordinating President Controversy by ModsWillKillNL: 8:57am On May 10, 2017
osinbanjoisaliar:
Liar, President Buhari did not handover to you, but to the Presidency. According to the letter read on the senate floor, you are nothing but a mere coordinator.
The Senate led by the senate president called you a mere commissioner, now the executive led by the president termed you a mere coordinator. That means you are not even the VP. So stop lying and acting like if you are remotely in charge.
#NOTMYPRESIDENT

Is it your father that will sign the budget into law?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Tweets About Acting President / Coordinating President Controversy by dodelight(m): 8:58am On May 10, 2017
FriendNG:

What of the section of the constitution Mr. President Quoted?
Check the constitution, there is no word such as 'coordinating'. It's a game of words by the cabal carefully selected for Buhari, cause they knew that would be the only way for them to rein him in. Then there would be numerous court cases for the interpretation of that clause, and the government would be a stand still. Thank God the senate saved us that stress. Pls sincerely ask yourself: (1) Why did the cabal/ the President's handlers delay till now before they allowed him to travel for treatment? (2) Did Buhari write the letter of transmission of power by himself?
This is Pure and Applied Politics!
Re: Osinbajo Tweets About Acting President / Coordinating President Controversy by FriendNG: 8:58am On May 10, 2017
tiwiex:

Buhari and whoever prepared the letter tried to be smart by half. If they had copied d previous letter. Acting President was clearly written there. Why start playing with words if there were no ulterior intentions? Thank God we get constitution.

Thank God the president was still the one who quoted the section of the constitution to make reference not senators. So look 4 other lies.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Tweets About Acting President / Coordinating President Controversy by ModsWillKillNL: 8:59am On May 10, 2017
dodelight:

The same Osinbajo who has already come out to claim his constitutionally backed right? A professor of law

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Tweets About Acting President / Coordinating President Controversy by dodelight(m): 9:00am On May 10, 2017
Bazzio:
The president wud hav jus qouted the constitution and forget abt any other words because s not a man wit many words instead of creatin problem btw some south and some north.presidency is not a place u mek silly mistek and tink it wil b understood.the senator dat comment on d letter s a wise man.I kno some set of pple in this country dnt lik to giv up power even at d point of death.
I'm sure he didn't write the letter himself, the cabal did. Buhari only had to sign it.
Re: Osinbajo Tweets About Acting President / Coordinating President Controversy by FriendNG: 9:02am On May 10, 2017
dodelight:

Check the constitution, there is no word such as 'coordinating'. It's a game of words by the cabal carefully selected for Buhari, cause they knew that would be the only way for them to rein him in. Then there would be numerous court cases for the interpretation of that clause, and the government would be a stand still. Thank god the senate saved us that stress. Pls sincerely ask yourself: (1) Why did the cabal/ the President's handlers delay till now before they allowed him to travelled for treatment? (2) Did Buhari write the letter of transmission of power by himself?
This is Pure and Applied Politics!

This is not what I am talking on. The section of the constitution I said. The section was purely for transfer of power from the president to someone that can act. English does not matter but the section quoted.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Tweets About Acting President / Coordinating President Controversy by dodelight(m): 9:03am On May 10, 2017
ModsWillKillNL:

The same Osinbajo who has already come out to claim his constitutionally backed right? A professor of law

Please kindly read a comment above by this nairalander: OsinbajoIsALiar,, where he ended by saying 'NoyMyPresident'. Then you may know that it's a game of word and not of law
Re: Osinbajo Tweets About Acting President / Coordinating President Controversy by TeamSimple(m): 9:05am On May 10, 2017
FriendNG:

If you think I come here to be loved then you must be high on weed. Carry your correction go give Southerners that generalize and insult the north.

Am not changing that post, if you're not satisfied with it then go hang yourself.

I always addressed issues the way they are straight and I don't care what you say or how you feel.

For every action there must be an equal and opposite reaction
Looking for the most shameless region in West Africa? We Southerners are number one. We condemn and generalize over others while we cover up or praise the same action when carried out by our people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Tweets About Acting President / Coordinating President Controversy by ModsWillKillNL: 9:06am On May 10, 2017
dodelight:

Please kindly read a comment above by this nairalander: OsinbajoIsALiar,, where he ended by saying 'NoyMyPresident'. Then you may know that it's a game of word and not of law

Which is more powerful? Word or law.

As far as PMB decided to transmit a letter to the NASS that he'll unavailable to govern, Osinbajo automatically became Acting President.

That's the constitution.

The folk you mentioned is a nonentity whose opinion doesnt count anytime anyday.

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Tweets About Acting President / Coordinating President Controversy by dodelight(m): 9:07am On May 10, 2017
FriendNG:

This is not what I am talking on. The section of the constitution I said. The section was purely for transfer of power from the president to someone that can act. English does not matter but the section quoted.
Yes, I understand you. But it was not a mere use of English that the word 'Coordinating' appeared. There's a spirit behind it: a clause to make the Chief of Staff et all still very relevant under Osinbajo 'actingness'
Re: Osinbajo Tweets About Acting President / Coordinating President Controversy by ShobayoEmma(m): 9:07am On May 10, 2017
LionDeLeo:

I don't expect anything better from illiterates who don't know the difference between nouns and adjectives.
Thanks for your observation. i meant to write difference and latest respectively there. Now get lost.
Re: Osinbajo Tweets About Acting President / Coordinating President Controversy by LionDeLeo: 9:09am On May 10, 2017
ShobayoEmma:
Thanks for your observation. i meant to write difference and latest respectively there. Now get lost.

And you also "meant" to write "i" here.

Gerrout.
Re: Osinbajo Tweets About Acting President / Coordinating President Controversy by ShobayoEmma(m): 9:11am On May 10, 2017
ISTANDWITHBUHAR:

GO and hang yourself...
I voted for Buhari/Osibanjo. Did you? Now get lost.
Re: Osinbajo Tweets About Acting President / Coordinating President Controversy by tete7000(m): 9:12am On May 10, 2017
FriendNG:

My people just like controversy. In the day of apc as opposition party, this is exactly how Lai Mohammed too would have interpreted the letter.
Re: Osinbajo Tweets About Acting President / Coordinating President Controversy by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 9:14am On May 10, 2017
ShobayoEmma:
I voted for Buhari/Osibanjo. Did you? Now get lost.

I am not around to vote then but i make sure my wife, brothers, parents and lots of my friend to do so..

Now you get lost..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Atiku Welcomed In Style By Granddaughter For Winning PDP Primaries / Roco Nnadiekwe Aka Ja Rule Shot Dead In Orlu, Imo State (Graphic Photos) / Fatima Adamu's Wedding: Osinbajo, Tinubu, Fayemi, Others Attend (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.