Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,043 members, 7,814,560 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

24 Season 8 Begins 17th Jan - TV/Movies (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 24 Season 8 Begins 17th Jan (39660 Views)

Poll: who do you think will get killed in this season?

Jack Bauer: 20% (9 votes)
Chloe: 17% (8 votes)
Cole: 15% (7 votes)
Charles Logan: 46% (21 votes)
This poll has ended

MTN Project Fame Season 8 Official Thread / DOWNLOAD SERIES: “24″ Season 9 Episode 9 & 10 / 24, Season 9: Jack Is Back! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 24 Season 8 Begins 17th Jan by lynxnoon(m): 10:10pm On Mar 24, 2010
eldee:

I think Chloe will die . . . she's the last remaining of the original CTU
nah. . . . jack will still need a true ally in CTU if 24 goes beyond this season
Re: 24 Season 8 Begins 17th Jan by eldee(m): 10:12pm On Mar 24, 2010
lynxnoon:

nah. . . . jack will still need a true ally in CTU if 24 goes beyond this season

It's obvious it's not going beyond this season.
Jack will prolly work for the CIA in the movie.
Re: 24 Season 8 Begins 17th Jan by lynxnoon(m): 10:29pm On Mar 24, 2010
eldee:

It's obvious it's not going beyond this season.
Jack will prolly work for the CIA in the movie.
how?. . . .cos from what i read they've not decided yet and if 24 will end then Jack has to die (says kiefer sutherland & of the producers)
NB: i dnt see jack working for the CIA
Re: 24 Season 8 Begins 17th Jan by Seun(m): 12:53am On Mar 25, 2010
In an argument, when people leave your point to criticize your words, it means you've won. Yipee!
Re: 24 Season 8 Begins 17th Jan by Wilfem(m): 1:28pm On Mar 25, 2010
Please and please, Chloe should not die o! I like the woman because she has guts, like Dora cheesy
Re: 24 Season 8 Begins 17th Jan by teeluv(m): 1:33pm On Mar 25, 2010
if its nit chloe it will be reneee,
Re: 24 Season 8 Begins 17th Jan by eldee(m): 2:13pm On Mar 25, 2010
lynxnoon:

how?. . . .cos from what i read they've not decided yet and if 24 will end then Jack has to die (says kiefer sutherland & of the producers)
NB: i dnt see jack working for the CIA

AThey're planning to seel the rights to a different company.
That's quite difficult with these ratings . . . remember this is exactly what happened to Prisonbreak.

Maybe not the CIA but I think they'll create a new special force for the movie.
That gives them chances of creating a sequel and what not.

But I'm half sure Chloe's going this time. . . that's the biggest shock they can pull off.
I'm gonna miss the 'Chloe, I need you to upload those files NOW!!!' grin grin
Re: 24 Season 8 Begins 17th Jan by efepro(m): 3:37pm On Mar 25, 2010
Jack must be killed-off to end the season, he surely will.
Re: 24 Season 8 Begins 17th Jan by eldee(m): 4:52pm On Mar 25, 2010
Seun:

Even when she was alone, just the camera, she still acted in that moronic, spineless, irritating way.
Now, all of a sudden, she overpowers a full-grown man and start talking in a deep voice?  I call bullshit.
If she was trying to keep her cover before, what has changed all of a sudden?  She still needs the cover.

I can buy her as a mole.  She could have been blackmailed, etc.  But as a badass terrorist? No way!

I noticed that too . . . they keep making minor mistakes in scriptwriting like this.

Just like when Marcus jumped out of the window in a 'heavily guarded' hospital and no cop was on ground level or anywhere around there.
These things just make me laugh.
Re: 24 Season 8 Begins 17th Jan by Sauron1: 5:32pm On Mar 25, 2010
eldee:

I noticed that too . . . they keep making minor mistakes in scriptwriting like this.

Just like when Marcus jumped out of the window in a 'heavily guarded' hospital and no cop was on ground level or anywhere around there.
These things just make me laugh.

That was laughable - A major glitch in season 8.
He wasn't even armed, why did Jack Bauer drop his weapon facing a potential bomber.
The Jack i know woulda shot his knee caps to make him immobile before telling tales by moonlight - that part smelt of poor script-writing.
Re: 24 Season 8 Begins 17th Jan by eldee(m): 5:40pm On Mar 25, 2010
~Sauron~:

That was laughable - A major glitch in season 8.
He wasn't even armed, why did Jack Bauer drop his weapon facing a potential bomber.
The Jack i know woulda shot his knee caps to make him immobile before telling tales by moonlight - that part smelt of poor script-writing.

I know . . . he was unarmed and didn't even have anything to activate the bomb.

You know the funniest part?? When they did the whole drama when Chloe wanted to turn the switch on after repairing everything.
They made it look like turning on the switch deserved a moment of silence cheesy cheesy
They're so desperate for drama, they'll milk anything.
Re: 24 Season 8 Begins 17th Jan by lynxnoon(m): 7:32pm On Mar 25, 2010
eldee:

I know . . . he was unarmed and didn't even have anything to activate the bomb.

You know the funniest part?? When they did the whole drama when Chloe wanted to turn the switch on after repairing everything.
They made it look like turning on the switch deserved a moment of silence
cheesy cheesy
They're so desperate for drama, they'll milk anything.
hey u forgot why d NASA guy was against it in the 1st place?. . . . she could get fried by turning on the switch if she missed a step; and even blow up the place.
Re: 24 Season 8 Begins 17th Jan by eldee(m): 8:03pm On Mar 25, 2010
lynxnoon:

hey u forgot why d NASA guy was against it in the 1st place?. . . . she could get fried by turning on the switch if she missed a step; and even blow up the place.

The NSA guy was just being egoistic.
The risk of her dying was way too low. . . and turning on the switch wasn't going to kill her, if not they would have made her wear protective gear.
Re: 24 Season 8 Begins 17th Jan by lynxnoon(m): 10:08pm On Mar 25, 2010
eldee:

The risk of her dying was way too low. . . and turning on the switch wasn't going to kill her, if not they would have made her wear protective gear.
on point there smiley smiley

well i think d crew of 24 have done so well on past seasons da dey r finding it hard to keep up with the demand now. . . lol
Re: 24 Season 8 Begins 17th Jan by netotse(m): 2:26am On Mar 26, 2010
eldee:

playing with wires isn't beans o. . .i hope u dont mess around with your house wiring, do u know how much current it takes to kill a man? 65mA.
Re: 24 Season 8 Begins 17th Jan by cabali(m): 3:19am On Mar 26, 2010
meanwhile, I guess Jack's collapsed lungs will regenerate grin
Re: 24 Season 8 Begins 17th Jan by gongoaso1: 4:40am On Mar 26, 2010
and JACK hasn't eaten or taken water still, SMH undecided
grin cheesy grin
Re: 24 Season 8 Begins 17th Jan by eldee(m): 10:53am On Mar 26, 2010
netotse:

playing with wires isn't beans o. . .i hope u dont mess around with your house wiring, do u know how much current it takes to kill a man? 65mA.

You don't get it . . . the whole circuit was off while she was playing with the wires.
The drama was about her turning on the switch. . . if that were dangerous, they'd have made her wear protective gear.

gongo aso:

grin cheesy grin
Those breaks inbetween are there for eating.
Abi you want another drama with Jack Bauer developing a stomach ulcer?? grin grin grin
Re: 24 Season 8 Begins 17th Jan by semid4lyfe(m): 12:41pm On Mar 26, 2010
eldee:

Abi you want another drama with Jack Bauer developing a stomach ulcer?? grin grin grin

Re: 24 Season 8 Begins 17th Jan by gongoaso1: 1:56pm On Mar 26, 2010
eldee:

You don't get it . . . the whole circuit was off while she was playing with the wires.
The drama was about her turning on the switch. . . if that were dangerous, they'd have made her wear protective gear.

hehe. . . lol
There were no breaks for Jack. Maybe the rest in CTU could have gotten tea breaks or something, but Jack? except the Russians fed him or he grabbed a quick one at McDonald's while pursuing Teran cheesy
grin grin grin
Re: 24 Season 8 Begins 17th Jan by puskin: 3:31pm On Mar 26, 2010
The producers of 24 have already said that this will be Jack's last season on 24. . . . .whether he will or will not die is left to the imagination of the producers.
Re: 24 Season 8 Begins 17th Jan by puskin: 3:47pm On Mar 26, 2010
gongo aso:

grin cheesy grin

Can't U go for 24hours without food. U think the producers called it 24 for nothing.
Re: 24 Season 8 Begins 17th Jan by eldee(m): 4:00pm On Mar 26, 2010
gongo aso:

hehe. . . lol
There were no breaks for Jack. Maybe the rest in CTU could have gotten tea breaks or something, but Jack? except the Russians fed him or he grabbed a quick one at McDonald's while pursuing Teran cheesy
grin grin grin

Hehehe . . . you know when he came back to the CTU office after failing in the undercover mission as a German businessman, he musta grabbed some food before going on to save Renee from the investigation.
Besides, this season started at 4pm where he was playing with his daughter's kid . . . I saw a fridge there. grin grin
Re: 24 Season 8 Begins 17th Jan by cabali(m): 5:24pm On Mar 26, 2010
Remember the show began at 4pm. Meaning he must have had breakfast and lunch and prolly some in betweens. He is really not due to be hungry especially with all that adrenaline pumping through him.

So let's give him a break for now.

For me, the Dana change over was plastic. Makes me remember nollywood I wonder who wrote the script and act for that.
Re: 24 Season 8 Begins 17th Jan by lynxnoon(m): 7:36am On Mar 27, 2010
So Cabali,
who do u think is going this time?. . . last season was Bill Buchannan wink
Re: 24 Season 8 Begins 17th Jan by cabali(m): 6:29pm On Mar 27, 2010
Either Renee or chloe. more of Chloe because it will hurt a lot especialy now that they have brought her under the spotlight at different moments.
Re: 24 Season 8 Begins 17th Jan by eldee(m): 6:36pm On Mar 27, 2010
cabali:

Either Renee or chloe. more of Chloe because it will hurt a lot especialy now that they have brought her under the spotlight at different moments.

I have to reconsider bout Chloe . . . she's not a field-agent.
To kill her you'll have to come into the CTU like in Season 5.

I know Renee will still do another stupid thing like going to search for Jack.
That was a stupid move, I tot that was the end for her when she did it.
Re: 24 Season 8 Begins 17th Jan by cabali(m): 7:00pm On Mar 27, 2010
You dont have to come to CTU to kill Chloe. The writers can bring something up and she decides to loose her life just to, for instance switch the power on and getting electrocuted at the same time.

Chloe will die doesnt mean it has to be by terrorists.

Don't you think Dana can kill chloe in the premises even?
Re: 24 Season 8 Begins 17th Jan by eldee(m): 7:14pm On Mar 27, 2010
cabali:

You dont have to come to CTU to kill Chloe. The writers can bring something up and she decides to loose her life just to, for instance switch the power on and getting electrocuted at the same time.

Chloe will die doesnt mean it has to be by terrorists.

Don't you think Dana can kill chloe in the premises even?

Believe me, it's 24 . . . if she has to die, it has to die in an overly dramatic way.
Apart from David Palmer, all other Bauer related deaths have been extremely dramatic.

Dana killing Chloe will be too weak for the storyline. . .I think Renee is more likely to take on terrorists on her own.
Re: 24 Season 8 Begins 17th Jan by altavista(m): 10:07pm On Mar 27, 2010
It's official. . . .this is the last season of 24, lol. I'm so going to miss Jack Bauer. undecided embarassed angry

'24' to end after current season
Fox announced Friday that its action-packed real-time show starring Kiefer Sutherland as anti-terrorism agent Jack Bauer will wind down at the end of its current eighth season on May 24.

Sutherland said in a statement that the show's cast and crew "always wanted '24' to finish on a high note, so the decision to make the eighth season our last was one we all agreed upon." He also said he was looking forward to creating a film version of "24."

The show has received 68 Emmy nominations, winning for outstanding drama series and for Sutherland as lead drama actor in 2006."This has been the role of a lifetime, and I will never be able to fully express my appreciation to everyone who made it possible," Sutherland said. "But when all is said and done, it is the loyal worldwide fan base that made it possible for me to have the experience of playing the role of Jack Bauer, and for that I am eternally grateful."

Premiering Nov. 6, 2001, "24" used an innovative real-time, split-screen format to present fast-paced interwoven storylines. Each episode covered one hour of the season's 24-hour story arc.

The first six seasons were set in Los Angeles. Following a one-year break forced by the writers strike, season seven went to Africa and Washington, D.C. The current season has Agent Bauer thwarting a terrorist attack in New York. By the end of this season, "24" will have presented 194 episodes, making it one of television's longest-running action shows.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100327/ap_en_tv/us_tv24
Re: 24 Season 8 Begins 17th Jan by eldee(m): 10:48pm On Mar 27, 2010
I knew this day was coming . . . but I just realised how much I'll miss this weekly 6 days of torture of waiting for 24 that I've lived through for years. cry cry cry
Re: 24 Season 8 Begins 17th Jan by lynxnoon(m): 12:03pm On Mar 28, 2010
With this official announcement i now know that Jack Bauer may die or be seriously incapacitated by the end of this season sad sad
Well it surely will be 1 of the best tv series in history. . . .

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (26) (Reply)

Sara James Thrills At America Got Talent (Video) / BBNaija: Nina’s Boyfriend Reveals Why He Deleted Her Photos / Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series.........

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.