Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,793 members, 7,810,065 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:49 PM

Why Is There An Arabic Inscription On The Logo Of The Nigerian Army - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is There An Arabic Inscription On The Logo Of The Nigerian Army (11441 Views)

David Akpode Introduces Arabic Inscription & Star Emblem Into Nigeria Army Crest / Malcolm Omirhobo Sues FG, CBN, AGF Over Arabic Inscription On Naira, Army Logo / Fulani Herdsmen Inscription On Nigeria New Passport. Apostle Suleman Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is There An Arabic Inscription On The Logo Of The Nigerian Army by SUPERPACK: 6:50pm On May 10, 2017
Mynd44:

"Allah" is the translation "God" in Arabic. Stop getting sentimental about it.

We Christians sing "Nagode Allah, Nagode Allah, Allah Seriki" all the time Have we suddenly become Muslims?
i love this explanation, the also forgot that the bible was not written in English, but rather translated to English by Tyndale. so each language have the word for God.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Is There An Arabic Inscription On The Logo Of The Nigerian Army by dauntless15(m): 6:52pm On May 10, 2017
Mynd44:

Next time you hear them sing that song in a church, ask them to use "Chineke"
church is a place of worship, but Nigeria is a country with diverse ethnic groups, we cant be subjected to arabic because we aint all Arabians or Muslims and this is not an Islamic country

10 Likes

Re: Why Is There An Arabic Inscription On The Logo Of The Nigerian Army by alizma: 6:52pm On May 10, 2017
dauntless15:
Nigeria has three main ethnic groups (igbo, hausa, yoruba, and its not an Islamic state, just wondering why is there an arabic inscription on the logo of the Nigerian army and whats the meaning of the inscription , lalasticlala please i need opinions on this
Na now u wake up, have you checked on the Naira notes u spend everyday?
Re: Why Is There An Arabic Inscription On The Logo Of The Nigerian Army by Mynd44: 6:53pm On May 10, 2017
sorry1:
You asking how many people that understands English in Nigeria have already sold you out as a bias individual.

Is Arabic our official language? No but English is.

Now show me one Nigerian national symbol that has Latin in it and I will take you seriously. ppl

DEFINITION of 'NGN (Nigerian Naira)'
The currency abbreviation for the Nigerian naira (NGN), the currency for Nigeria. The Nigerian naira is made up of 100 kobo and is often presented with a symbol that looks like the capital latin letter "N" with two horizontal slashes through the middle

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/forex/n/ngn-nigerian-naira.asp

Even the word "Niger" is not indigenous. As I have observed elsewhere, the word "Niger" is actually a Greek imposed Latin name, which means "Black" or “very dark brown”. Needless to point out that the word "Area" is English.

http://www.gamji.com/nowa/nowa104.htm

The symbol of the Naira(our currency) is from Latin and for some reson, you are not drawing any religious sentiments to it.

This country got its name from the Niger River. The name "Niger" is derived from Latin but you are not raising am objection cos it fits your religious bigotry and program.

Save yourself further embarrassment.

CC @smellymouth

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Is There An Arabic Inscription On The Logo Of The Nigerian Army by Emzypaz(m): 6:54pm On May 10, 2017
Even Federal Universities in Nigeria have Latin words as their motto; Probitas doctrina, ad sic astra and many more
So, just like Latin is a Language, Arabic is also a language.
The Nigerian Army using it doesn't mean the army is Islamized as most people think. Would you have complained if it was written in Latin?

1 Like

Re: Why Is There An Arabic Inscription On The Logo Of The Nigerian Army by Mynd44: 6:55pm On May 10, 2017
temitope277:
is arabic nigeria language?
Is Latin a Nigerian language?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is There An Arabic Inscription On The Logo Of The Nigerian Army by dauntless15(m): 6:55pm On May 10, 2017
alizma:

Na now u wake up, have you checked on the Number notes u spend everyday?
oga why you wan chop me naw
Re: Why Is There An Arabic Inscription On The Logo Of The Nigerian Army by donmalcolm21(m): 6:56pm On May 10, 2017
Mynd44:
Arabic is a language just like English or Swahili. It has nothing to do with Islam.
Is it a Language spoken in Nigeria or an Official language

10 Likes

Re: Why Is There An Arabic Inscription On The Logo Of The Nigerian Army by dauntless15(m): 6:56pm On May 10, 2017
Emzypaz:
Even Federal Universities in Nigeria have Latin words as their motto; Probitas doctrina, ad sic astra and many more
So, just like Latin is a Language, Arabic is also a language.
The Nigerian Army using it doesn't mean the army is Islamized as most people think. Would you have complained if it was written in Latin?
and out of the hundreds of languages in Nigeria islam is the best to inscribe on everything right?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is There An Arabic Inscription On The Logo Of The Nigerian Army by Mynd44: 6:57pm On May 10, 2017
dauntless15:
church is a place of worship, but Nigeria is a country with diverse ethnic groups, we cant be subjected to arabic because we aint all Arabians or Muslims and this is not an Islamic country
The symbol of the Naira is Latin
The name of the country is derived from Latin.

Miss me with your religious bigotry biko

1 Like

Re: Why Is There An Arabic Inscription On The Logo Of The Nigerian Army by Mynd44: 6:59pm On May 10, 2017
donmalcolm21:
Is it a Language spoken in Nigeria or an Official language

But why is the name of the country and the symbol of her currency derived from Latin undecided undecided

Please, y'all should read more

1 Like

Re: Why Is There An Arabic Inscription On The Logo Of The Nigerian Army by dauntless15(m): 6:59pm On May 10, 2017
Mynd44:

The symbol of the Naira is Latin
The name of the country is derived from Latin.

Miss me with your religious bigotry biko
oya ban yourself for calling me a religious bigot or I'll return the favor and also go scotfree

10 Likes

Re: Why Is There An Arabic Inscription On The Logo Of The Nigerian Army by temitope277(m): 7:01pm On May 10, 2017
Mynd44:

english is the official language in 9ja, arabic is only understand by the muslim and we have more christian than muslim in nigeria

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is There An Arabic Inscription On The Logo Of The Nigerian Army by Mynd44: 7:01pm On May 10, 2017
dauntless15:
oya ban yourself for calling me a religious bigot or I'll return the favor and also go scotfree

grin grin grin grin grin

This smells like you are accepting defeat and running away. Please lets talk more about why there is an Arabic insigna on out national symbol since it has been shown that Latin is also on our symbols.
Re: Why Is There An Arabic Inscription On The Logo Of The Nigerian Army by dauntless15(m): 7:02pm On May 10, 2017
Mynd44:

grin grin grin grin grin

This smells like you are accepting defeat and running away. Please lets talk more about why there is an Arabic insigna on out national symbol since it has been shown that Latin is also on our symbols.
ok am i free to pulverize you without getting banned? Because I'm good at that and i argue alot

1 Like

Re: Why Is There An Arabic Inscription On The Logo Of The Nigerian Army by Mynd44: 7:04pm On May 10, 2017
temitope277:
english is the official language in 9ja, arabic is only understand by the muslim and we have more christian than muslim in nigeria

Grasping at straws are you? Please if the Naira can be derived from Latin which is associated with Christianity, why are you fretting about another insigna from Arabic which is associated with Islam?

Infact, I think traditionalists should protest this. It is not fair, Sango and Amadioha need to be represented too

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is There An Arabic Inscription On The Logo Of The Nigerian Army by Mynd44: 7:05pm On May 10, 2017
Sorry1.

Please where are you?
Re: Why Is There An Arabic Inscription On The Logo Of The Nigerian Army by temitope277(m): 7:16pm On May 10, 2017
Mynd44:

Grasping at straws are you? Please if the Naira can be derived from Latin which is associated with Christianity, why are you fretting about another insigna from Arabic which is associated with Islam?

Infact, I think traditionalists should protest this. It is not fair, Sango and Amadioha need to be represented too
latin is not associated with christianity, even the isrealite speaks hebrew, so christianity is not based on a certain language, its depend on the language u speaks

2 Likes

Re: Why Is There An Arabic Inscription On The Logo Of The Nigerian Army by limeta(f): 7:22pm On May 10, 2017
Mynd44:
Arabic is a language just like English or Swahili. It has nothing to do with Islam.

Na so nothing to do with Islam

5 Likes

Re: Why Is There An Arabic Inscription On The Logo Of The Nigerian Army by Nobody: 7:22pm On May 10, 2017
The flag is like anything else in this country-a legacy of colonial rule bequeathed unto the Nigerian State by the colonial masters. From what I read sometime ago,it was the battle flag of the Sokoto Caliphate that existed between the early 19th c. and 1903. The arabic inscription was also the motto of that defunct Caliphate's Army. From what I read,the Brits saw no need to do away with and it has passed on to us this day.
Re: Why Is There An Arabic Inscription On The Logo Of The Nigerian Army by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 7:24pm On May 10, 2017
Mynd44:

"Allah" is the translation "God" in Arabic. Stop getting sentimental about it.

We Christians sing "Nagode Allah, Nagode Allah, Allah Seriki" all the time Have we suddenly become Muslims?

Your response is wrong sir, and that is either due to mischief on your part or ignorance of the issue at hand.
If you do not know that every action of the northern oligarchy is directed at a long term strategic goal which is to dominate the minorities then you need a few pointers in contemporary Nigerian politics.
The arabic inscription is there because the northerners believe that the army is their province and property and also it serves as a small step in their (unrealistic) agenda to islamize the entire country.
There is also an arabic inscription on the naira note for the same reason

but...

#God pass them

7 Likes

Re: Why Is There An Arabic Inscription On The Logo Of The Nigerian Army by dauntless15(m): 7:25pm On May 10, 2017
limeta:

Na so nothing to do with Islam
English is our official language, so shut the fuq up and exit this thread to somewhere where you'd be tolerated angry just like illumimati always finding a way to enforce its religion on people, must we take gibberish seriously?

5 Likes

Re: Why Is There An Arabic Inscription On The Logo Of The Nigerian Army by Nobody: 7:37pm On May 10, 2017
HsLBroker:
but not everyone in Nigeria believe in Allah, like not everyone believe in Jesus, English is our first language, Arabian inscription should not be there, at all.

Jesus is the son of God, God is Allah, nitwit.
Re: Why Is There An Arabic Inscription On The Logo Of The Nigerian Army by Nobody: 7:39pm On May 10, 2017
SUPERPACK:
i love this explanation, the also forgot that the bible was not written in English, but rather translated to English by Tyndale. so each language have the word for God.

This thread is sponsored by IPOB, see newspapers and poster for details.
Re: Why Is There An Arabic Inscription On The Logo Of The Nigerian Army by Nobody: 7:41pm On May 10, 2017
dauntless15:
shocked jesu kristi

If him like make he banned me na him problem. Me don talk my mind.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is There An Arabic Inscription On The Logo Of The Nigerian Army by dauntless15(m): 7:45pm On May 10, 2017
Brugge:

If him like make he banned me na him problem. Me don talk my mind.
i salute your courage now wait to be locked up without trial

1 Like

Re: Why Is There An Arabic Inscription On The Logo Of The Nigerian Army by SUPERPACK: 8:00pm On May 10, 2017
;
Re: Why Is There An Arabic Inscription On The Logo Of The Nigerian Army by Diamondville(f): 8:07pm On May 10, 2017
Mynd44:

Next time you hear them sing that song in a church, ask them to use "Chineke"
Some muslims don't..

2 Likes

Re: Why Is There An Arabic Inscription On The Logo Of The Nigerian Army by Diamondville(f): 8:10pm On May 10, 2017
Mynd44:
Sorry you actually sound lame

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bukola Saraki, Gbemisola Unite Over Onslaught Against Late Father / VIDEO; Gov Elrufai’s Son,bello Mocks Ipobians As He Post His Arewa Twitter Photo / Illegal Structures: Wike Threatens Demolition Of Trespassers’ Houses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.