Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,046 members, 7,818,146 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

Why Is There An Arabic Inscription On The Logo Of The Nigerian Army - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is There An Arabic Inscription On The Logo Of The Nigerian Army (11478 Views)

David Akpode Introduces Arabic Inscription & Star Emblem Into Nigeria Army Crest / Malcolm Omirhobo Sues FG, CBN, AGF Over Arabic Inscription On Naira, Army Logo / Fulani Herdsmen Inscription On Nigeria New Passport. Apostle Suleman Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is There An Arabic Inscription On The Logo Of The Nigerian Army by factwriter(m): 9:49am On May 11, 2017
Sammy07:

why can't they used the bolded alone,,, why must they write it in Arabic,,,

we even study French more than Arabic. why can't they write it in French

English is our official language why can't they write it in English

Hausa is army language why can't they write it in Hausa,, why must it be in Arabic since Arabic doesn't have anything to do in Nigeria except Muslims

You are not making sense, not to me at least.

They did exactly what you are suggesting.
Maybe what you want is for them to interpolate the translation with Transliteration.

People who went to school and are properly educated don't write that way. The English language has rules.

Go over your post again and again, you will realise your error in statement.

You cannot interpolate Translation (of a statement or sentence) and still leave a Transliterated part in the statement or sentence.

You either write all in English language (which will contain the word 'God') or you write it out transliterated wise (substituting the word 'Allah' for God).

Don't let fury blind you.
Re: Why Is There An Arabic Inscription On The Logo Of The Nigerian Army by factwriter(m): 9:53am On May 11, 2017
dauntless15:
shutup, are you the one who counted them

No, am not the one who counted them Mr. 5% (of 180 million)
Re: Why Is There An Arabic Inscription On The Logo Of The Nigerian Army by kitakoli(m): 10:44am On May 11, 2017
If not for the cowardice of our youth nowadays especially those from the Southern part of Nigeria who refuse to see the bitter politics play by illiterate North, from using human lives to blatant lies etc. All these things should have been a thing of the past.
Ask yourself is Nigeria an Islamic country or can everybody read or understand Arabic language?
Re: Why Is There An Arabic Inscription On The Logo Of The Nigerian Army by Diamondville(f): 10:58am On May 11, 2017
Re: Why Is There An Arabic Inscription On The Logo Of The Nigerian Army by dauntless15(m): 3:24pm On May 11, 2017
factwriter:

You still don't get it, do you?

The world doesn't give a d.a.r.m about the "rest of you" that are not Northern Nigerians.

From the time the colonial masters handed over reign of leadership to Northerners (half a century ago) up to the recent "edging out" of the famous CLUELESS DRUNKEN MASTER out of Aso Rock Villa; pure dominance has always been achieve through support of the invisible hand of the white man.

The same white race who sold you c.o.c.k & bull story about someone who's death in far away Middle East Isreal some Two thousand years ago Is supposedly to absolve you of your committed (and yet to commit sins)
are also the same people helping to undermine your progress.

Your role model and icon, the white man, who brought evangelism to you and (still to your face) mortgaged your existence to the Northern Nigerians, are now the same elements you want to use in equating Justice and rights.

Do I smell gullibility?

Trying to logically explain the presence of Arabic inscriptions on our national symbols, currency etc will amount to a waste of time because time immemorial such attempts has turned out fruitless.

I remember sometimes far back in the year 2007, our dear SEUN OSEWA vigorously tried to enlighten discussants (your kinds) about the real meaning of literacy & illiteracy, when the question on why there were Arabic inscriptions on the Naira notes was posted.

Your brothers had claimed it was meant to appease the Hausa's illiteracy. Even SEUN, a classed orator could not convince them (in that forum) that the simple (glaring) fact that an Hausa man could read in Arabic Language makes him not only literate but also formally educated.

LITERACY IS NOT EXCLUSIVE TO THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE, but you wouldn't know that would you? Because you lack origin/originality.

Accept your fate, you are 2nd/3rd citizens.

Nothing on the surface of planet earth can change that. At least not as long as the White and Jews and Arabs and Asians remained world leaders.

On a last note, one major quality that makes Northerners preferable (as Nigerian leaders) is that they (Hausas) are cultured, mannered, diplomatic and far more beaurocratic than the rest of you (gun toting, mouth yapping, fraud inspired) lots.
guess what i didn't read the trash, please truncate it for dunces who might be interested
Re: Why Is There An Arabic Inscription On The Logo Of The Nigerian Army by masseratti: 3:28pm On May 11, 2017
Mynd44:
Arabic is a language just like English or Swahili. It has nothing to do with Islam.
that's a big lie,they could as well.write it in cantonese
Re: Why Is There An Arabic Inscription On The Logo Of The Nigerian Army by SUPERPACK: 5:58pm On May 11, 2017
Diamondville:
Is it only catholic or all christians that speak latin?
am only sure of anglican and catholic,

Re: Why Is There An Arabic Inscription On The Logo Of The Nigerian Army by factwriter(m): 6:27pm On May 11, 2017
dauntless15:
guess what i didn't read the trash, please truncate it for dunces who might be interested

Really

Seemed I touched a sore spot.
Sorry o
Re: Why Is There An Arabic Inscription On The Logo Of The Nigerian Army by dauntless15(m): 7:28pm On May 11, 2017
factwriter:

Really

Seemed I touched a sore spot.
Sorry o
touched what, i just told you o didn't read the bullsh!t
Re: Why Is There An Arabic Inscription On The Logo Of The Nigerian Army by factwriter(m): 8:10pm On May 11, 2017
dauntless15:
touched what, i just told you o didn't read the bullsh!t

You didn't read it yet you classified it to be BULL SH!T.

How's that possible, braille

Egocentrism is killing you.
Re: Why Is There An Arabic Inscription On The Logo Of The Nigerian Army by theDEVILisHERE: 10:42pm On May 11, 2017
Mynd44:
Arabic is a language just like English or Swahili. It has nothing to do with Islam.

it has every thing to do with Islam

Nigerian army is a property of the Wahhabi jihadist movement propergated all the way from Saudi Arabia
Re: Why Is There An Arabic Inscription On The Logo Of The Nigerian Army by dauntless15(m): 5:02am On May 12, 2017
factwriter:

You didn't read it yet you classified it to be BULL SH!T.

How's that possible, braille

Egocentrism is killing you.

i can smell bullsh!t from a mile away, so get lost and stop trying so hard, you reek of desperacy
Re: Why Is There An Arabic Inscription On The Logo Of The Nigerian Army by FriendNG: 9:25am On May 12, 2017
factwriter:

The world doesn't give a d.a.r.m about the "rest of you" that are not Northern Nigerians.

From the time the colonial masters handed over reign of leadership to Northerners (half a century ago) up to the recent "edging out" of the famous CLUELESS DRUNKEN MASTER out of Aso Rock Villa; pure dominance has always been achieve through support of the invisible hand of the white man.

The same white race who sold you c.o.c.k & bull story about someone who's death in far away Middle East Isreal some Two thousand years ago Is supposedly to absolve you of your committed (and yet to commit sins)
are also the same people helping to undermine your progress.

Your role model and icon, the white man, who brought evangelism to you and (still to your face) mortgaged your existence to the Northern Nigerians, are now the same elements you want to use in equating Justice and rights.

Do I smell gullibility?

Trying to logically explain the presence of Arabic inscriptions on our national symbols, currency etc will amount to a waste of time because time immemorial such attempts has turned out fruitless.

I remember sometimes far back in the year 2007, our dear SEUN OSEWA vigorously tried to enlighten discussants (your kinds) about the real meaning of literacy & illiteracy, when the question on why there were Arabic inscriptions on the Naira notes was posted.

Your brothers had claimed it was meant to appease the Hausa's illiteracy. Even SEUN, a classed orator could not convince them (in that forum) that the simple (glaring) fact that an Hausa man could read in Arabic Language makes him not only literate but also formally educated.

LITERACY IS NOT EXCLUSIVE TO THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE, but you wouldn't know that would you? Because you lack origin/originality.

Accept your fate, you are 2nd/3rd citizens.

Nothing on the surface of planet earth can change that. At least not as long as the White and Jews and Arabs and Asians remained world leaders.

On a last note, one major quality that makes Northerners preferable (as Nigerian leaders) is that they (Hausas) are cultured, mannered, diplomatic and far more beaurocratic than the rest of you (gun toting, mouth yapping, fraud inspired) lots.

This one will pepe them wella.

Rilwayne001
Re: Why Is There An Arabic Inscription On The Logo Of The Nigerian Army by Nobody: 9:32am On May 12, 2017
Mynd44:

My friend stop telling lies. How did you become a mod here?

Whoever used the Arabic inscription there should've used Swahili instead then.
Re: Why Is There An Arabic Inscription On The Logo Of The Nigerian Army by chibboy: 9:36am On May 12, 2017
Mynd44:
echo dat
Re: Why Is There An Arabic Inscription On The Logo Of The Nigerian Army by Rilwayne001: 9:41am On May 12, 2017
FriendNG:

This one will pepe them wella.

Rilwayne001

What?!

1 Like

Re: Why Is There An Arabic Inscription On The Logo Of The Nigerian Army by FriendNG: 10:03am On May 12, 2017
Rilwayne001:

What?!

tongue tongue you no get eyes. Read the post I quoted.
Re: Why Is There An Arabic Inscription On The Logo Of The Nigerian Army by Rilwayne001: 10:20am On May 12, 2017
FriendNG:

tongue tongue you no get eyes. Read the post I quoted.

What do I make do with it?
Re: Why Is There An Arabic Inscription On The Logo Of The Nigerian Army by FriendNG: 10:30am On May 12, 2017
Rilwayne001:

What do I make do with it?
What you get 2 do with it is: Read the post bcux it is good for your brain.
Re: Why Is There An Arabic Inscription On The Logo Of The Nigerian Army by Rilwayne001: 10:36am On May 12, 2017
FriendNG:

What you get 2 do with it is: Read the post bcux it is good for your brain.

I read it, I still can't understand your point?
Re: Why Is There An Arabic Inscription On The Logo Of The Nigerian Army by Diamondville(f): 5:44pm On May 12, 2017
[quote author=factwriter post=56411783]

The same white race who sold you c.o.c.k & bull story about someone who's death in far away Middle East Isreal some
are also the same people helping to undermine your progress. Your role model and icon, the white man, who brought evangelism to you and (still to your face) mortgaged your existence to the Northern Nigerians, are now the same elements you want to use in equating Justice and rights. Do I smell gullibility? Trying to logically It won't change that fact and view that 80% of northerners are dying in illiteracy and poverty..
Re: Why Is There An Arabic Inscription On The Logo Of The Nigerian Army by factwriter(m): 5:54pm On May 12, 2017
[quote author=Diamondville post=56460526][/quote]

...yet the 80% are not complaining. They live in endless bliss. Contentment is always their first name.

Mean while the rest of the "supposedly educated" non Northerners can't go a day without counting their sorrows.

Don't fight it, the dye has (long) been cast.
Re: Why Is There An Arabic Inscription On The Logo Of The Nigerian Army by Diamondville(f): 6:50pm On May 14, 2017
factwriter:

...yet the 80% are not complaining. They live in endless bliss. Contentment is always their first name.

Mean while the rest of the "supposedly educated" non Northerners can't go a day without counting their sorrows.

Don't fight it, the dye has (long) been cast.
You mean the DIE has been cast??
Re: Why Is There An Arabic Inscription On The Logo Of The Nigerian Army by factwriter(m): 10:06am On May 15, 2017
Diamondville:
You mean the DIE has been cast??

No! I meant what i actually wrote:

The DYE has (long) been caste.

I would like to believe you understand the (English language) meaning of the expression

"dye has been caste".

In that case thank you.
Re: Why Is There An Arabic Inscription On The Logo Of The Nigerian Army by Diamondville(f): 3:00pm On May 17, 2017
factwriter:

No! I meant what i actually wrote:

The DYE has (long) been caste.

I would like to believe you understand the (English language) meaning of the expression

"dye has been caste".

In that case thank you.
Well I'm also trying to tell you that the english expression "the DIE is cast" is not "the DYE is cast
Re: Why Is There An Arabic Inscription On The Logo Of The Nigerian Army by factwriter(m): 3:46pm On May 17, 2017
Diamondville:
Well I'm also trying to tell you that the english expression "the DIE is cast" is not "the DYE is cast

Please if you can, then educate me further.

My understanding is that the word "dye" goes with "cast" in that expression, which is intended to mean "something is already late".

you know, like when you pure a SOLUTION or COLOURANT (dye) into SOAKED CLOTHING, the formed colours becomes non separateable for life.

Well my formal education is minimal so I stand to be corrected.

Thanks
Re: Why Is There An Arabic Inscription On The Logo Of The Nigerian Army by Diamondville(f): 3:55pm On May 17, 2017
factwriter:

Please if you can, then educate me further.

My understanding is that the word "dye" goes with "cast" in that expression, which is intended to mean "something is already late".

you know, like when you pure a SOLUTION or COLOURANT (dye) into SOAKED CLOTHING, the formed colours becomes non separateable for life.

Well my formal education is minimal so I stand to be corrected.

Thanks
Your explanation is not logical, Kindly check a Dico or use google.. the die is cast- used to say that an event has happened or a decision has been made that cannot be changed (from oxford advanced learners' dictionary; 8th edition)
Re: Why Is There An Arabic Inscription On The Logo Of The Nigerian Army by factwriter(m): 4:06pm On May 17, 2017
Diamondville:
Your explanation is not logical, Kindly check a Dico or use google.. the die is cast- used to say that an event has happened or a decision has been made that cannot be changed (from oxford advanced learners' dictionary; 8th edition)

Thank you. your correction turned out valid. I must have "misheard" this expression right from my young age and it stuck with me wrongly.

well, thank God I warned you earlier that my formal schooling is limited.

cheers.
Re: Why Is There An Arabic Inscription On The Logo Of The Nigerian Army by Diamondville(f): 5:36pm On May 17, 2017
factwriter:

Thank you. your correction turned out valid. I must have "misheard" this expression right from my young age and it stuck with me wrongly.

well, thank God I warned you earlier that my formal schooling is limited.

cheers.
You're welcome
Re: Why Is There An Arabic Inscription On The Logo Of The Nigerian Army by Leonyluiz(m): 7:42pm On May 17, 2017
hello Dauntless... please add me to that geeks haven.....
Re: Why Is There An Arabic Inscription On The Logo Of The Nigerian Army by Leonyluiz(m): 7:43pm On May 17, 2017
dauntless15:
Nigeria has three main ethnic groups (igbo, hausa, yoruba, and its not an Islamic state, just wondering why is there an arabic inscription on the logo of the Nigerian army and whats the meaning of the inscription , lalasticlala please i need opinions on this

add to geeks haven pls

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP ‘plans Credible Presidential Primary’ / Buhari Govt, Worst Ever - Wike / Ndokis Are Ijaws...fact!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.