Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,591 members, 7,820,124 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

Father Blames Ambode And APC After His 8-Day-Old Baby Died In Traffic - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Father Blames Ambode And APC After His 8-Day-Old Baby Died In Traffic (29142 Views)

Bukola Saraki Blasts APC After Buhari Was Booed At National Assembly / 2019: Amosun speaks on dumping APC after 24 Ogun house Aspirants decamp to APM / Ambode And Tinubu Meet At Jim Ovia's 'Africa Rise And Shine' Book Launch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Father Blames Ambode And APC After His 8-Day-Old Baby Died In Traffic by ephi123(f): 2:38pm On May 11, 2017
ohluwagbemigaju:
Never make comments to matters you're clueless about. Am sure you were not around Ikeja yesterday (acme to be precise)
Where the road was blocked from adeniyi Jones road to first gate, due to stake holders meeting ,organized to decide the next local govt leaders.workers had to trek down to their place of work. Only God knows who might b sacked due to their actions yesterday w/o prior notification. So ,before you make ill comments, make some background study.

Meanwhile the useless bunch of so called local govt leaders they elect will enter and do nothing to make lives easier for the people. I tire for Nigeria's matter.

Omooba77:

Oga reason before you write sir. Ogba-Acme road was blocked throughtout yesterday. People have to disembark and trek long distance because the secretariat was condoned off. No be you they shout anytime last President was in town. Let us not be partisan, what is wrong is wrong. We have fundamental human right too. We dont elect them to Lord over us.

Exactly. Well said.
Re: Father Blames Ambode And APC After His 8-Day-Old Baby Died In Traffic by ocelot2006(m): 2:40pm On May 11, 2017
Nigeman:
Mad man, is it Ambode that caused his son's death?

Lagos Roads have been experiencing Gridlock before and after independence.

Ambode is trying change the face of Lagos by constructing road networks and someone out there causing. The prayers of other Lagosians erase the curse.

I sympathise with him.

A man just lost his child, yet the first thing you do is call him a mad man. Are you nuts? Do you have a child? Have you ever experienced fatherhood? I pray never experience his loss.

2 Likes

Re: Father Blames Ambode And APC After His 8-Day-Old Baby Died In Traffic by sweetilicious(f): 2:47pm On May 11, 2017
I can actually feel the father's pain.His bundle of joy has gone barely 8months.God will give him another one

2 Likes

Re: Father Blames Ambode And APC After His 8-Day-Old Baby Died In Traffic by hayboss: 2:48pm On May 11, 2017
ocelot2006:

A man just lost his child, yet the first thing you do is call him a mad man. Are you nuts? Do you have a child? Have you ever experienced fatherhood? I pray never experience his loss.
You spoke my mind.

3 Likes

Re: Father Blames Ambode And APC After His 8-Day-Old Baby Died In Traffic by seguno2: 2:57pm On May 11, 2017
ephi123:
Meanwhile the useless bunch of so called local govt leaders they elect will enter and do nothing to make lives easier for the people. I tire for Nigeria's matter.

They are only as useless as the citizens who decided not to be involved fully in the political process.
Any sane person will take advantage of any situation, talk less a corrupt hypocrite politician.
Re: Father Blames Ambode And APC After His 8-Day-Old Baby Died In Traffic by EPIJOE: 2:59pm On May 11, 2017
NIG MA YOU ARE A BLOODY FOOL.
Re: Father Blames Ambode And APC After His 8-Day-Old Baby Died In Traffic by Xano(m): 3:00pm On May 11, 2017
Nigeman:

Ambode is trying change the face of Lagos by constructing road networks and someone out there causing. The prayers of other Lagosians erase the curse.

I sympathise with him.

You call a grieving man a mad man, then sympathize with him, what a stupid statement.

1 Like

Re: Father Blames Ambode And APC After His 8-Day-Old Baby Died In Traffic by fantastique4: 3:01pm On May 11, 2017
Nigeman:

I sympathise with him.
you are just a brainless fool. Why not read well before typing this nonsense? Where did u read that he cursed Ambode. He said he prayed for his son before going to the office. Meanwhile,APC meeting caused the traffic as the roads were blocked with lastma vehicles.
Re: Father Blames Ambode And APC After His 8-Day-Old Baby Died In Traffic by ephi123(f): 3:02pm On May 11, 2017
seguno2:

They are only as useless as the citizens who decided not to be involved fully in the political process.
Any sane person will take advantage of any situation, talk less a corrupt hypocrite politician.

Yeah, I see your point but the other thing is people do not even know where to go? Or do not have the incentive to do so, the average person is hustling so hard to make a livelihood.

How do they find out the local councilor for their area for example? There is lack of information out there.
Re: Father Blames Ambode And APC After His 8-Day-Old Baby Died In Traffic by ephi123(f): 3:04pm On May 11, 2017
Nigeman:

I sympathise with him.

Personal text: The Lord is a man of war, the Lord is his name

Yet no single iota of empathy. Continue deceiving yourself.
Re: Father Blames Ambode And APC After His 8-Day-Old Baby Died In Traffic by Omooba77: 3:04pm On May 11, 2017
ephi123:

Exactly. Well said.

Many of these people are paid to defend the government, without even checking or reading. Nigerian youth can not continue in ignorance like this. These people are exploiting our weakness; even the so called first class graduates are not exempted. I cry for Nigeria my beloved country!

1 Like

Re: Father Blames Ambode And APC After His 8-Day-Old Baby Died In Traffic by adeoladeola(f): 3:08pm On May 11, 2017
Nigeman:

I sympathise with him.

You shouldn't have gone to the extent of calling him a mad man.

1 Like

Re: Father Blames Ambode And APC After His 8-Day-Old Baby Died In Traffic by ephi123(f): 3:11pm On May 11, 2017
Omooba77:

Many of these people are paid to defend the government, without even checking or reading. Nigerian youth can not continue in ignorance like this. These people are exploiting our weakness; even the so called first class graduates are not exempted. I cry for Nigeria my beloved country!

I tell you. Just imagine the nonsense, the roads in a whole area were closed unannounced resulting in the death of a child, and yet a person is taking sides with the govt. This country truly has a long way to go.

1 Like

Re: Father Blames Ambode And APC After His 8-Day-Old Baby Died In Traffic by seguno2: 3:14pm On May 11, 2017
ephi123:
Yeah, I see your point but the other thing is people do not even know where to go? Or do not have the incentive to do so, the average person is hustling so hard to make a livelihood.

How do they find out the local councilor for their area for example? There is lack of information out there.

They are hustling precisely due to leaving the field open and unoccupied for the gbewiri politicians and their agbero thugs to occupy.
As for difficulty in obtaining information, let me remind of a verse from Bob Marley:

Where there is a will, there is always a way

Conversely, where there is no will, there is plenty of excuses.
Re: Father Blames Ambode And APC After His 8-Day-Old Baby Died In Traffic by adeoladeola(f): 3:16pm On May 11, 2017
Nigeman:

If it's your wish, I fire the arrow back to you and your family. You will mourn your loved one

Receive small sense, atleast...
Re: Father Blames Ambode And APC After His 8-Day-Old Baby Died In Traffic by Smooyis(m): 3:20pm On May 11, 2017
DONGOYARO1:
RIP to the baby, but why blame Ambode? People should know that it is not by force to stay in Lagos.
The Lagos traffic will cause the death of your babies; go back to your villages where there are not traffic. It is not by force you stay in Lagos.

The other day, after the Redemmed church programme, some people where blaming Pastor Adeboye and the Ogun state government for the gridlock on the Lagos-Ibadan road, and I told them that it is not by force you stay in Lagos or Ogun state. Go back to your villages !!

The man is aggrieved at this moment. Let's not add to his pains through our responses. In the moment of pain people can say anything. We should just let it be. Rip to the baby and may God comfort the family.

1 Like

Re: Father Blames Ambode And APC After His 8-Day-Old Baby Died In Traffic by ephi123(f): 3:24pm On May 11, 2017
seguno2:

They are hustling precisely due to leaving the field open and unoccupied for the gbewiri politicians and their agbero thugs to occupy.
As for difficulty in obtaining information, let me remind of a verse from Bob Marley:

Conversely, where there is no will, there is plenty of excuses.

That's true. I still think information needs to be more accessible.
Re: Father Blames Ambode And APC After His 8-Day-Old Baby Died In Traffic by deomelo: 3:34pm On May 11, 2017
GreyLaw:

You know, I wasn't referring to you when I wrote my post. I was specific about that guy and his ilk. I'm surprised why you are getting worked up.

Before calling me a hypocrite you should have gone through my profile to see if I have blind affiliation to any party.
But again, the moment a nerve is touched people get worked up and start throwing words around. I hope you are not the guy who I was referring to, though.

Please, grow up and rise above extreme partisanship; it makes you see everything as black or white, and takes away the capacity to reason.

How do you determine people's ilk based on politics and political affiliation even when they did not say anything about politics or name any politician? You attacked and generalized without any proof about the posters political affiliation so that makes you what exactly?

To start with, it's ok not to like what the poster said or how he expressed his opinion, but the poster did not say anything about politics and he did not name any political party, but you used his post to generalize and attack the poster and others with different points of view, you blamed their opinions on politics and their association with certain political party. You turned it into politics and even named political parties and individual when in fact the poster did not make any political statements.

If you really are non partisan, then why turn a non political statement into a political and arty affiliation argument?

Unless maybe you don't now the meaning of partisan.
Re: Father Blames Ambode And APC After His 8-Day-Old Baby Died In Traffic by tiwiex(m): 3:35pm On May 11, 2017
Nigeman:

I sympathise with him.

You call him a mad man then you sympathize with him?
Re: Father Blames Ambode And APC After His 8-Day-Old Baby Died In Traffic by emmanikewon(m): 3:38pm On May 11, 2017
Nigeman:

I sympathise with him.

I guess you didn't experience the traffic along that route yesterday. No prior notice. Its pathetic. RIP to the baby. I pray that God will restore joy back to the family soonest.
Re: Father Blames Ambode And APC After His 8-Day-Old Baby Died In Traffic by seguno2: 3:56pm On May 11, 2017
ephi123:
That's true. I still think information needs to be more accessible.

WHO will make it more accessible?
Who has the GREATER interest to make information more accessible?
Do you agree that those who will benefit the most from information being more accessible should find ways of achieving that?
Re: Father Blames Ambode And APC After His 8-Day-Old Baby Died In Traffic by GreyLaw(m): 3:57pm On May 11, 2017
deomelo:

How do you determine people's ilk based on politics and political affiliation even when they did not say anything about politics or name any politician? You attacked and generalized without any proof about the posters political affiliation so that makes you what exactly?

To start with, it's ok not to like what the poster said or how he expressed his opinion, but the poster did not say anything about politics and he did not name any political party, but you used his post to generalize and attack the poster and others with different points of view, you blamed their opinions on politics and their association with certain political party. You turned it into politics and even named political parties and individual when in fact the poster did not make any political statements.

If you really are non partisan, then why turn a non political statement into a political and arty affiliation argument?

Unless maybe you don't now the meaning of partisan.

See, there are hundreds of such people here on Nairaland, who begin to rave immediately their political parties or heroes are mentioned. I have been here long enough to know how they reason and write.

The guy called the bereaved man a "mad man". What else spurred into him saying that? Obviously, a sore nerve was touched. At least, I think so.

The guy wrote what he wrote and I read meanings to it, which I am at liberty to do, at least, given the tone of discussions among Nigerias on this platform. And I think I was well within my rights.

If you think I read the guy wrongly, fine. But I know how people's psyche work on this platform.
Re: Father Blames Ambode And APC After His 8-Day-Old Baby Died In Traffic by ephi123(f): 4:00pm On May 11, 2017
seguno2:

WHO will make it more accessible?
Who has the GREATER interest to make information more accessible?
Do you agree that those who will benefit the most from information being more accessible should find ways of achieving that?

Hmm, I see your point but if we are being practical here, who for instance will create a website with the names of councilors per local govt area? Certainly, a random person off the street cannot do that because he wouldn't have the info for most of the other areas. Some things have to start from whoever is in the leadership position.
Re: Father Blames Ambode And APC After His 8-Day-Old Baby Died In Traffic by smalls001: 4:06pm On May 11, 2017
If it was an emergency, then these numbers should have been used.

Re: Father Blames Ambode And APC After His 8-Day-Old Baby Died In Traffic by seguno2: 4:09pm On May 11, 2017
ephi123:
Hmm, I see your point but if we are being practical here, who for instance will create a website with the names of councilors per local govt area? Certainly, a random person off the street cannot do that because he wouldn't have the info for most of the other areas. Some things have to start from whoever is in the leadership position.

That is why the oyinbos are far ahead of us.
Random people among them start on what is needed and others join rapidly until government takes note and does their bidding.
Oyinbos, individually, are not more intelligent than us.
No. We outshine them in their schools.
We are only too engrossed in Me, I and Myself to the detriment of our society's well being. Meanwhile the well being of our society makes it easier for our individual peace and prosperity.
Re: Father Blames Ambode And APC After His 8-Day-Old Baby Died In Traffic by ephi123(f): 4:15pm On May 11, 2017
seguno2:

That is why the oyinbos are far ahead of us.
Random people among them start on what is needed and others join rapidly until government takes note and does their bidding.
Oyinbos, individually, are not more intelligent than us.
No. We outshine them in their schools.
We are only too engrossed in Me, I and Myself to the detriment of our society's well being. Meanwhile the well being of our society makes it easier for our individual peace and prosperity.

Hmmm, I completely agree. I get your point.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Father Blames Ambode And APC After His 8-Day-Old Baby Died In Traffic by deomelo: 4:20pm On May 11, 2017
GreyLaw:

See, there are hundreds of such people here on Nairaland, who begin to rave immediately their political parties or heroes are mentioned. I have been here long enough to know how they reason and write.

The guy called the bereaved man a "mad man". What else spurred into him saying that? Obviously, a sore nerve was touched. At least, I think so.

The guy wrote what he wrote and I read meanings to it, which I am at liberty to do, at least, given the tone of discussions among Nigerias on this platform. And I think I was well within my rights.

If you think I read the guy wrongly, fine. But I know how people's psyche work on this platform.

Stop digging hole and burying yourself even deeper.

The poster did not say anything about politics and did not name any politician, he or she just expressed his her opinion without politics or politicians so why tag him or include him in your fabricated hundreds of people on NL.

Like I said,you don't have to like his opinion or the way he expressed himself, but you shouldn't have turned his opinion into politics or claim he expressed his opinion based on political party affiliation or love foe any politician simply because the poster did not express any political opinion.

Like they say, Making Generalizations is a Sign of Ignorance.
Re: Father Blames Ambode And APC After His 8-Day-Old Baby Died In Traffic by GreyLaw(m): 4:30pm On May 11, 2017
deomelo:

Stop digging hole and burying yourself even deeper.

The poster did not say anything about politics and did not name any politician, he or she just expressed his her opinion without politics or politicians so why tag him or include him in your fabricated hundreds of people on NL.

Like I said,you don't have to like his opinion or the way he expressed himself, but you shouldn't have turned his opinion into politics or claim he expressed his opinion based on political party affiliation or love foe any politician simply because the poster did not express any political opinion.

Like they say, Making Generalizations is a Sign of Ignorance.

Thanks for the quotes.

Like I said, I am well within my rights to read implied meanings from posts. Any posts at all. Again, stop acting as though you are the one I quoted, or, are you?

I guess if I had mentioned PDP in my comment peace would have reigned. I'm sorry, I still stand by what I wrote. Get over it!
Re: Father Blames Ambode And APC After His 8-Day-Old Baby Died In Traffic by deomelo: 4:35pm On May 11, 2017
GreyLaw:

Thanks for the quotes.

Like I said, I am well within my rights to read implied meanings from posts. Any posts at all. Again, stop acting as though you are the one I quoted, or, are you?

You are well within your rights to say whatever you want, same way others have every right to challenge your flawed posts.

You don't have to quote me before responding to your post, it's a public forum and I can respond to anybody and any post so get over yourself.

I guess if I had mentioned PDP in my comment peace would have reigned. I'm sorry, I still stand by what I wrote. Get over it!

It really doesn't matter what political party you peddle, it's still going to be the same broad and unnecessary generalization.
Re: Father Blames Ambode And APC After His 8-Day-Old Baby Died In Traffic by Kiakia(m): 4:40pm On May 11, 2017
DONGOYARO1:
RIP to the baby, but why blame Ambode? People should know that it is not by force to stay in Lagos.
The Lagos traffic will cause the death of your babies; go back to your villages where there are not traffic. It is not by force you stay in Lagos.

The other day, after the Redemmed church programme, some people where blaming Pastor Adeboye and the Ogun state government for the gridlock on the Lagos-Ibadan road, and I told them that it is not by force you stay in Lagos or Ogun state. Go back to your villages !!
Shallow thinking!
Re: Father Blames Ambode And APC After His 8-Day-Old Baby Died In Traffic by JustCurious: 4:42pm On May 11, 2017
sweetilicious:
I can actually feel the father's pain.His bundle of joy has gone barely 8months.God will give him another one

Barely 8 days! Just a week and one day old baby. So unfortunate.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan Steps Out For Sierra Leone Election (Photos) / Police Kill Shia Muslims Observing Arbaeen Religious Trek In Kano 2day(pics / Buhari, Osinbajo And Tinubu At APC National Convention 2018 In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.