Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

We Are Determined To End Herdsmen /farmers Clashes – Osinbajo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Are Determined To End Herdsmen /farmers Clashes – Osinbajo (615 Views)

Soldiers Storm Kogi To Stop Fulani Herdsmen Vs Farmers Clashes(pics) / "I Will End Herdsmen Killings" - President Buhari Vows / FG Bans Open Grazing To Curb Herdsmen-Farmers Clashes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Are Determined To End Herdsmen /farmers Clashes – Osinbajo by mzirawo: 4:15am On May 12, 2017
We Are Determined To End Herdsmen /Farmers Clashes – Osinbajo
source: http://www.eyesoflagos.com/2017/05/we-are-determined-to-end-herdsmen.html

Acting President Yemi Osinbajo assured yesterday that the federal government is determined to tackle farmers/ herders clashes in the country head on.

This, he said, has become necessary because, apart from being at the front burner in the country, the security challenge forms the cardinal objectives of the President Muhammadu Buhari administration.

Osinbajo who stated this at the opening ceremony of the 2017 national security summit on farmers-pastoralist clashes, kidnapping and other forms of violent crimes and bank security in Nigeria also noted that the administration will soon address all the challenges confronting the Nigeria Police Force.

The ongoing national security summit with a theme, “Forging Partnerships For Effective Strategies To Curb The Menace Of Kidnapping, Recurring Farmers- Herders Clashes & Criminality in Nigeria held at the international Conference Centre, Abuja, was organised by the Inspector General of Police (IGP) in conjunction with LEADERSHIP Newspapers Group and the National Council of Traditional Rulers of Nigeria.

The acting president who was represented by the Minister of Interior, Gen Abdulrahman Dambazau, observed that every great nation must pay attention to security.

He said, “There is improved security, especially in the North East. We are now faced with rural banditry, which has posed a security threat.

“Security management is for the entire populace. We are partnering multinational organisations to improve the security of our country. It is our duty to improve the safety of our citizens.

Stating that the current administration will soon address all the challenges confronting the Police, Osinbajo further assured that the recently launched national security plan will help the security agencies.

He said, “I want to assure the Nigeria Police Force of our administration’s support in line with global practices. The man-power shortages is being tackled with the recruitment of 10,000 policemen.

“Let me call on all to intensify their efforts in making Nigeria a safe place. We can confidently deliver a secured country”.

1 Like

Re: We Are Determined To End Herdsmen /farmers Clashes – Osinbajo by sarrki(m): 4:19am On May 12, 2017
We believe you sire

Please do an all inclusive government

Carry everyone along

God bless muhammadu Buhari

God bless you sire

God bless Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Determined To End Herdsmen /farmers Clashes – Osinbajo by SooCute(m): 4:21am On May 12, 2017
grin
Re: We Are Determined To End Herdsmen /farmers Clashes – Osinbajo by Nobody: 4:49am On May 12, 2017
I hope there will be a longlasting solution to this herdmen palava.
Re: We Are Determined To End Herdsmen /farmers Clashes – Osinbajo by AWONEYAN(m): 4:58am On May 12, 2017
Thank God for the sound leadership qualities in this man, who was not bothered either his was called a coordinator or acting president.....But sees that there are problems to be solved and goes ahead to solve it

1 Like

Re: We Are Determined To End Herdsmen /farmers Clashes – Osinbajo by pressplay411(m): 5:02am On May 12, 2017
This man should just be president already.
He hears the plight of the people and actually listens. How can Buhari listen when he is running deaf?

Mr Acting President, we believe you and we leave you to make things happen. You're endorsed by God.

Dear ipobians sorry to disappoint yall, but he's coordinating well.

3 Likes

Re: We Are Determined To End Herdsmen /farmers Clashes – Osinbajo by DLuciano: 5:13am On May 12, 2017
Are the herdmen and buhari kinsmen represented and do they understand the grammar?

1 Like

Re: We Are Determined To End Herdsmen /farmers Clashes – Osinbajo by JideAmuGiaka: 5:24am On May 12, 2017
pressplay411:
This man should just be president already.
He hears the plight of the people and actually listens. How can Buhari listen when he is running deaf?

Mr Acting President, we believe you and we leave you to make things happen. You're endorsed by God.

Dear ipobians sorry to disappoint yall, but he's coordinating well.

Don't you think it is too early to start tribal war, Is it the Igbos that called him a coordinator?. Pls goan take your pant where you took your bath.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Determined To End Herdsmen /farmers Clashes – Osinbajo by pressplay411(m): 5:35am On May 12, 2017
JideAmuGiaka:

Don't you think it is too early to start tribal war, Is it the Igbos that called him a coordinator?. Pls goan take your pant where you took your bath.

Well I heard it first from them. Always trying to pick faults and cause a ruckus. Pessimistic lot.

2 Likes

Re: We Are Determined To End Herdsmen /farmers Clashes – Osinbajo by baylord101(m): 5:47am On May 12, 2017
Make una end ham sooner than we expect, if not Benue state will soon because dead zone

1 Like

Re: We Are Determined To End Herdsmen /farmers Clashes – Osinbajo by greatwhite(m): 5:51am On May 12, 2017
Ranching is the only solution.
Re: We Are Determined To End Herdsmen /farmers Clashes – Osinbajo by Danosky502: 6:17am On May 12, 2017
did man shud be sworn in as d president at once
Re: We Are Determined To End Herdsmen /farmers Clashes – Osinbajo by Caseless: 6:20am On May 12, 2017
Good. I trust you guys.
Re: We Are Determined To End Herdsmen /farmers Clashes – Osinbajo by Agimor(m): 6:21am On May 12, 2017
Federal government body language doesn't in anyway show they want to tackle the menace of herdsmen head on.... Each States Should adopt Fayose style of putting the herdsmen in check...
Re: We Are Determined To End Herdsmen /farmers Clashes – Osinbajo by Agimor(m): 6:23am On May 12, 2017
Caseless:
Good. I trust you guys.
They there dy trust on politicians.... Like someone said you can only trust the dead politicians...
Re: We Are Determined To End Herdsmen /farmers Clashes – Osinbajo by segebase(m): 6:24am On May 12, 2017
book
Re: We Are Determined To End Herdsmen /farmers Clashes – Osinbajo by DieBuhari: 6:27am On May 12, 2017
He is obeying his northern masters by referring to the activities of the herdsmen as "clashes".
Rubbish
Re: We Are Determined To End Herdsmen /farmers Clashes – Osinbajo by Tarnisis(m): 7:19am On May 12, 2017
Thanks in advance.
Re: We Are Determined To End Herdsmen /farmers Clashes – Osinbajo by KidsNEXTdoor: 7:28am On May 12, 2017
pressplay411:

Well I heard it first from them. Always trying to pick faults and cause a ruckus. Pessimistic lot.
You heard that osibanjo is a coordinating president first from ipob?
Why are these people Lai ers
Abba kyari called him that first
Go to Abuja and see him
Re: We Are Determined To End Herdsmen /farmers Clashes – Osinbajo by KidsNEXTdoor: 7:31am On May 12, 2017
sarrki:
We believe you sire

Please do an all inclusive government

Carry everyone along

God bless muhammadu Buhari

God bless you sire

God bless Nigeria
Is it no longer a 97% and 5% dichotomy grin
In Buharis Nigeria ... All ain't equal
Re: We Are Determined To End Herdsmen /farmers Clashes – Osinbajo by sarrki(m): 7:33am On May 12, 2017
KidsNEXTdoor:

Is it no longer a 97% and 5% dichotomy grin
In Buharis Nigeria ... All ain't equal

I never supported that statement

I kicked against it

Baba made a mistake by making that statement
Re: We Are Determined To End Herdsmen /farmers Clashes – Osinbajo by KidsNEXTdoor: 7:38am On May 12, 2017
sarrki:

I never supported that statement

I kicked against it

Baba made a mistake by making that statement
Well baba and mistake
Na 5 and 6

(1) (Reply)

The Rain Of Black Soot In Port Harcourt Has Stopped/reduced? / PHOTOS: Gov. Okorocha's Son Graduates At University In Texas USA / Edo Governor Demolishes APC Chieftain's N800 Million Shopping Complex- Naij.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.