Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,493 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

Free Training On Haulage Business In Nigeria - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Free Training On Haulage Business In Nigeria (38460 Views)

Poll: can you invest in haulage

what do you know about haulage: 33% (11 votes)
haulage business is it good: 66% (22 votes)
This poll has ended

Is Haulage Business Viable In Nigeria? / I Need Info On Haulage Business / Please Give Me Info On Haulage Business In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free Training On Haulage Business In Nigeria by nnabuike2: 1:30pm On Mar 09, 2010
WE URGENTLY NEED THREE 40 FEET FLAT TRUCKS

nnwalter4me@yahoo.com
Re: Free Training On Haulage Business In Nigeria by loftooo: 11:07am On Mar 13, 2010
Hey fullforce, i appreciate your effort. I dream to retire into this business in the next 5 years . Please keep up the good work.
Re: Free Training On Haulage Business In Nigeria by adolmax: 8:51pm On Mar 13, 2010
i will like to be a success haulage biz person and i commend people like you you take your time to help the public and God is always a faithful God,he will reward you. plz i will like full update on haulage biz in my box possibly and i will appreciate it m_adol@yahoo.com
Re: Free Training On Haulage Business In Nigeria by omolayo1(m): 12:23pm On Mar 14, 2010
good good good!!!!!!!!!!!!!! fullforce u make me feel much more encourage to share my business ideas and experiences. but b4 i do that can i have ur permission to takecare of heavy weight equipment aspect where my experience cannot be underestimate in the field or business.
Re: Free Training On Haulage Business In Nigeria by fullforce: 6:29pm On Mar 15, 2010
@ omolayo 1,

My great and wonderful citizen of Nigeria, Nairaland is world wide social network that anybody is permitted to post anything that would be useful to all. Hence you have all my permission and support to post what you want to post so that everyone of us would benefit.

Looking forward to reading your informative training.

It is WELL!
Re: Free Training On Haulage Business In Nigeria by omolayo1(m): 9:44pm On Mar 15, 2010
THANKS FOR THIS FULLFORCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
EARTH MOVING EQUIPMENTS SUCH BULLDOZER, EXCAVATOR, PAYLOADER, GRADER, ROLLER, CARRIER ETC ARE PRODUCTS OF CATERPILLAR, VOLVO, KOMASU, TEREX, JBC ETC.
THEY ARE WIDELY USED BY CONSTRUCTION COMPANIES AND PRIVATE INDIVIDUALS IN LAND PREPARATION SUCH AS BUSH CLEARING,CUTTING AND LEVELING, EXCAVATING AND OTHER PROJECTS AT AN ENORMOUS COST ASSOCIATED WITH THE INDUSTRY.
WITH MY EXPERIENCES IN THE BIZ THAT DEALS WITH EQUIPMENT RENTAL AND LEASING,IT IS OBVIOUS THAT THE BUSINESS IS VERY LUCRATIVE WITH HIGH RETURNS ON INVESTMENT. FOR EXAMPLE, A GRADE "A" BULLDOZER OR EXCAVATOR CAN PAYBACK IT ORIGINAL INVESTMENT IN LESS THAN ONE YEAR OF USAGE, AND CAN STILL BE RE-SOLD AT ITS ALMOST ORIGINAL INVESTMENT COST.
YOU ARE ALL WELCOME TO THIS WORLD ASPECT OF MY BIZ. ALL YOUR QUESTIONS WILL BE ATTENDED TO AS THE CLASS PROGRESSES.

FOCUS IS SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THIS IS MY TIME TO SMILE,MAY BE U CAN SAY THAT TO YOURSELF.
Re: Free Training On Haulage Business In Nigeria by powerman: 7:31pm On Mar 16, 2010
@OMOLAYO 1,

In my opinion this your version of haulage is as well very interesting, but not to disrupt and distract our attention from the class we have been enjoying from Mr, Fullforce I will candidly suggest that you start this your own version of the business as a new topic so that there won't be mix-up.

Please don't be annoy with me, it is my own personal opinion, any other person in the house can as well talk on it. Mr. Fullforce sorry for speaking on your behalf without consulting you.

Thank you everybody.
Re: Free Training On Haulage Business In Nigeria by omolayo1(m): 8:40pm On Mar 16, 2010
@POWERMAN

U MAY BE RIGHT TO YOUR OWN OPINION, BUT DO U KNOW THAT ALL I WROTE ABOUT FALL UNDER HAULAGE? AND DO U THINK THAT FULLFORCE CAN ENJOY THIS CLASS WITHOUT CONTRIBUTION,COMMENT OR EVEN QUESTION FROM ANYBODY? I DON'T THINK SO, BUT WE CAN ALLOW OTHERS TO RESPOND OR SUGGEST TO THIS BEFORE WE DECIDE ON WHAT TO DO. REMEMBER NO KNOWLEDGE IS LOST IN BUSINESS MOST ESPECIALLY IN HAULAGE, YOU NEED TO KNOW A LITTLE OF EVERY ASPECTS OF IT.

MORE IS HERE TO LET OUT BUT I NEED GO AHEAD BY FULLFORCE AGAIN OR OTHER BENEFICIARIES OF THIS.

FOCUS IS SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!WE SHOULD NOT DULL THIS CLASS.
Re: Free Training On Haulage Business In Nigeria by Forumania: 6:58pm On Mar 17, 2010
@ Omolayo 1,

I guess you will as well be a good teacher with vast experience in your own part. Like powerman said I will like you to start your own class with another new topic and when you have start you can come to this platform to refer people there. I think that will be okay because two teacher can not be teaching different course at the same time in this same class, for sure the students will be confused and definitely they will face the two courses.

Mr. Fullforce, please next time always throw this kind of thing to the opinion of the whole house before you give final permission. You don't how serious people take your class.

Thank you all
Re: Free Training On Haulage Business In Nigeria by upwardmove: 7:22pm On Mar 17, 2010
Omolayo 1,

Your first contribution alone shows how much we will enjoy your new version as a new topic on nairaland platform. Thererfore I am joining the force and the voice that you should start a new topic entirely. Please leave fullforce alone to continue with good job he started.

The last last time, I was able to book appointment with fullforce, he was such a nice man as the posting he makes. I got to know him to be a busy man, this suggest haulage business is not for a lazy man.

Mr. Fullforce, God bless you richly. Please as much as busy you are try to find ample time to continue with your posting. We are all enjoying it and praying for you.
Re: Free Training On Haulage Business In Nigeria by powerman: 7:36pm On Mar 17, 2010
@ omolayo,

Please just respect the opinion of the honourable members of the house and start a new topic of your own and we will as well visit it. Are you afraid? No, of course. Then start it now.
Re: Free Training On Haulage Business In Nigeria by omolayo1(m): 8:57pm On Mar 17, 2010
@HOUSE
THANKS FOR THIS OPINIONS. HAVING CONSIDERED THE CAPITAL INVOLVED, I DON'T THINK I NEED TO SHARE IT HERE BUT IF U ARE INTERESTED IN BUSINESS WORTH OF N15M MINIMUM, THEN U CAN CALL ME OR EMAIL ME AT AUTHORISEAUTHOR@YAHOO.CO.UK TO GET ALL IT TAKES.
MY CONTRIBUTION ON FULLFORCE TOPIC WILL BE AN ANSWER TO MY QUESTIONS FROM FULLFORCE.
SIR,
1) HOW DO YOU KNOW A GOOD DRIVER AND WHAT METHOD CAN WILL USE TO HIRE THEM?
2) HOW CAN WE CHECKMATE DRIVER NOT TO STRETCH THE EXPECTED DURATION OF LONG JOURNEY BEYOND NORMAL?
3) TAKING ABUJA FOR EXAMPLE, WHAT IS THE STD EXPECTED FINANCIAL PACKAGE FOR 40TONS TRAILER AND HOW MUCH IS THE RUNNING COST TO BE EXPECTED TOO?

THIS FOR NOW.
Re: Free Training On Haulage Business In Nigeria by fullforce: 8:17pm On Mar 18, 2010
Hello to the House,

I thank you all for your response and contributions so far especially Omolayo 1, please don't be discourage to share your view no matter the much capital involved. All the questions you asked shall be answered one after the other as we progress in the course of the training.

Very quickly, class let us settle down to discuss the next title of our training. We are talking about how to set up a successful haulage business. I had mentioned (1) TRAINING and (2) COMPANY NAME, from there we continue:

3. LAWYER: You need the service of a lawyer to sign the deed of agreement which will make your investors to take you serious. And in case you have any legal tussle, it your lawyer that will put you through and represents you.

4. OFFICE/YARD It is important you have a visible office where you can be met to carry out your normal businesses and at the same time, it gives your investor rest of mind that you are a responble business personality. Or better still, you can use the yard where you park your trucks as your office in order to avoid too much head expenses.

5. ENGINEER This is very pertinent to possess so that you can call upon him at anytime the truck breakdow and he would readily available. Make sure he is an experience one that can handle the type of truck you have, don't mind that he is not honest that would only be for the beginning, as time goes on you will be able check him on that because you will have know the prices of different parts of the truck. Secondly, you should try as much as possible to have a or many spare part sellers, from whom you would be buying the spare parts. Even when the mechanic says it is fake, tell him to use it like that. Once he knows you have gotten all his tricks, he would surrender.

6. DRIVER: I think this will answer one of the questions asked by omolayo 1. Driver is the pillar and soul of haulage business. Infact they determine 70% success of the business. To get a good driver, take the following steps:
i. Pray unto God for the provision of one or as many as you need.
ii. You can contract out the hiring of driver to consulting firm which would have scrutinised them very well.
iii. If you are to employ by your self, then let him come through a known person that he can fear and would not want to stain the name of the person that introduced him.
iv. Make sure you employ a driver that had work in the terrain that you want to employ him for. E.g. If you are looking for a driver that would driver a flatbed truck that will be conveying container, don't employ a driver that have only experience in driving tanker trailer. He would not deliver in his new environment as fast as you want
v. Let the driver bring a well respected guarantor, the guarantor should not be a driver like him.
vi. Always do well and right for the driver when he does well, but when you need to raise your temperance, don't hesitate to show your annoyance with him. And as well, always ask after his immediate family and care for them. Infact, it is the wife that would be telling him not to offend you.
vii. Make sure you know his place of residence.
viii. Let your driver know you don't allow smoking and drinking especially while on duty.
ix. Use vehicle tracker without the knowlegde of the driver to track the movement, location and speed of the driver and the truck.
x. Lastly, I would tell you to end up as you started, commit everything to the hand of God after you have tried your own best.

Class, we are stopping here today.

It is WELL!
Re: Free Training On Haulage Business In Nigeria by fullforce: 9:47am On Mar 19, 2010
Hello to the House,

I thank you all for your response and contributions so far especially Omolayo 1, please don't be discourage to share your view no matter the much capital involved.  All the questions you asked shall be answered one after the other as we progress in the course of the training.

Very quickly, class let us settle down to discuss the next title of our training. We are talking about how to set up a successful haulage business. I had mentioned (1)     TRAINING and  (2)   COMPANY NAME, from there we continue:

3.     LAWYER:   While you may not need legal advice on a regular basis, it probably pays for you to have a Lawyer for your company on call. That way, when you need legal advice and assistance, you'll be working with someone whom you're comfortable, and who understands the needs of your business.  Make sure that your Lawyer (and any other professional advisor) understands the specific needs of your business. When interviewing to select a lawyer, ask whether he/she has previously worked with a company such as yours - you don't want to have to pay for learning time. Has the firm worked with small businesses before? What kind? And if your industry has specialized regulatory or other legal requirements, you'll want a lawyer who is familiar with them.

4.     OFFICE/YARD It is important you have a visible office where you can be met to carry out your normal businesses and at the same time, it gives your investor rest of mind that you are a responble business personality. Or better still, you can use the yard where you park your trucks as your office in order to avoid too much overhead expenses.

5.     ENGINEER  This is very pertinent to possess so that you can call upon him at anytime the truck breakdow and he would readily available.  Make sure he is an experience one that can handle the type of truck you have, don't mind that he is not honest that would only be for the beginning, as time goes on you will be able check him on that because you will have know the prices of different parts of the truck.  Secondly, you should try as much as possible to have a or many spare part sellers, from whom you would be buying the spare parts.  Even when the mechanic says it is fake, tell him to use it like that.  Once he knows you have gotten all his tricks, he would surrender.

6.     DRIVER:  I think this will answer one of the questions asked by omolayo 1.  Driver is the pillar and soul of haulage business.  Infact they determine 70% success of the business. To get a good driver, take the following steps:
     i.     Pray unto God for the provision of good one or as many as you need.
     ii.    You can contract out the hiring of driver to consulting firm which would have scrutinised them very well.
     iii.   If you are to employ by your self, then let him come through a known person that he can fear and would not want to stain the name of the person that introduced him.
     iv.   Make sure you employ a driver that had work in the terrain that you want to employ him for.  E.g. If you are looking for a driver that would driver a flatbed truck that will be conveying container, don't employ a driver that have only experience in driving tanker trailer. He would not deliver in his new environment as fast as you want
     v.    Let the driver bring a well respected guarantor, the guarantor should not be a driver like him.
     vi.   Always do well and right for the driver when he does well, but when you need to raise your temperance, don't hesitate to show your annoyance with him. And as well, always ask after his immediate family and care for them.  Infact, it is the wife that would be telling him not to offend you.
     vii.  Make sure you know his place of residence.
     viii. Let your driver know you don't allow smoking and drinking especially while on duty.
     ix.   Use vehicle tracker without the knowledge of the driver to track the movement, location and speed of the driver and the truck.
     x.   Lastly, I would tell you to end up as you started, commit everything to the hand of God after you have tried your own best.

Mr. Omolayo 1, I think I have answered your first question.

It is WELL!
Re: Free Training On Haulage Business In Nigeria by fullforce: 12:46pm On Mar 19, 2010
Hello to the House,

I thank you all for your response and contributions so far especially Omolayo 1, please don't be discourage to share your view no matter the much capital involved.  All the questions you asked shall be answered one after the other as we progress in the course of the training.

Very quickly, class let us settle down to discuss the next title of our training. We are talking about how to set up a successful haulage business. I had mentioned (1)     TRAINING and  (2)   COMPANY NAME, from there we continue:

3.     LAWYER:   Make sure that your attorney (and any other professional advisor) understands the specific needs of your business. When interviewing to select a lawyer, ask whether he/she has previously worked with a company such as yours - you don't want to have to pay for learning time. Has the firm worked with small businesses before? What kind? And if your industry has specialized regulatory or other legal requirements, you'll want a lawyer who is familiar with them. Referrals are the best way to find just about any service you might need, and finding an attorney is no exception. Talk to other small business owners, and to your banker, accountant, or other trusted advisor. You can also check with your local bar association, although not all of them verify an attorney's specialty or experience. A bar association referral will, of course, guarantee that an attorney has passed the bar exam

4.     OFFICE/YARD It is important you have a visible office where you can be met to carry out your normal businesses and at the same time, it gives your investor rest of mind that you are a responble business personality. Or better still, you can use the yard where you park your trucks as your office in order to avoid too much head expenses.

5.     ENGINEER  This is very pertinent to possess so that you can call upon him at anytime the truck breakdow and he would readily available.  Make sure he is an experience one that can handle the type of truck you have, don't mind that he is not honest that would only be for the beginning, as time goes on you will be able check him on that because you will have know the prices of different parts of the truck.  Secondly, you should try as much as possible to have a or many spare part sellers, from whom you would be buying the spare parts.  Even when the mechanic says it is fake, tell him to use it like that.  Once he knows you have gotten all his tricks, he would surrender.

6.     DRIVER:  I think this will answer one of the questions asked by omolayo 1.  Driver is the pillar and soul of haulage business.  Infact they determine 70% success of the business. To get a good driver, take the following steps:
     i.     Pray unto God for the provision of one or as many as you need.
     ii.    You can contract out the hiring of driver to consulting firm which would have scrutinised them very well.
     iii.   If you are to employ by your self, then let him come through a known person that he can fear and would not want to stain the name of the person that introduced him.
     iv.   Make sure you employ a driver that had work in the terrain that you want to employ him for.  E.g. If you are looking for a driver that would driver a flatbed truck that will be conveying container, don't employ a driver that have only experience in driving tanker trailer. He would not deliver in his new environment as fast as you want
     v.    Let the driver bring a well respected guarantor, the guarantor should not be a driver like him.
     vi.   Always do well and right for the driver when he does well, but when you need to raise your temperance, don't hesitate to show your annoyance with him. And as well, always ask after his immediate family and care for them.  Infact, it is the wife that would be telling him not to offend you.
     ix.   Use vehicle tracker without the knowlegde of the driver to track the movement, location and speed of the driver and the truck.
     x.   Lastly, I would tell you to end up as you started, commit everything to the hand of God after you have tried your own best.

I think by now, I have been able to answer the first two question of Omolayo 1.

It is WELL!
Re: Free Training On Haulage Business In Nigeria by fullforce: 12:49pm On Mar 19, 2010
Class,

By the grace of God, we will meet on Monday. Thank you, I love you all.

It is WELL!
Re: Free Training On Haulage Business In Nigeria by fullforce: 1:17pm On Mar 19, 2010
Hello to the House,

3.     LAWYER:   You need the service of a lawyer to sign the deed of agreement which will make your investors to take you serious. Make sure that your Lawyer (and any other professional advisor) understands the specific needs of your business. When interviewing to select a lawyer, ask whether he/she has previously worked with a company such as yours - you don't want to have to pay for learning time. Has the firm worked with small businesses before? What kind? And if your industry has specialized regulatory or other legal requirements, you'll want a lawyer who is familiar with them.  Referrals are the best way to find just about any service you might need, and finding an Lawyer is no exception. Talk to other small business owners, and to your banker, accountant, or other trusted advisor. You can also check with your local bar association, although not all of them verify an Lawyer's specialty or experience. A bar association referral will, of course, guarantee that a Lawyer has passed the bar exam.

4.     OFFICE/YARD It is important you have a visible office where you can be met to carry out your normal businesses and at the same time, it gives your investor rest of mind that you are a responble business personality. Or better still, you can use the yard where you park your trucks as your office in order to avoid too much head expenses.

ix.   Use vehicle tracker without the knowlegde of the driver to track the movement, location and speed of the driver and the truck.

By now the first two questions of omolayo1 had been answered

It is WELL!
Re: Free Training On Haulage Business In Nigeria by fullforce: 1:29pm On Mar 19, 2010
Hello to the House,

I thank you all for your response and contributions so far especially Omolayo 1, please don't be discourage to share your view no matter the much capital involved. All the questions you asked shall be answered one after the other as we progress in the course of the training.

Very quickly, class let us settle down to discuss the next title of our training. We are talking about how to set up a successful haulage business. I had mentioned (1) TRAINING and (2) COMPANY NAME, from there we continue:

3. LAWYER: You need the service of a lawyer to sign the deed of agreement which will make your investors to take you serious. Make sure that your Lawyer (and any other professional advisor) understands the specific needs of your business. When interviewing to select a lawyer, ask whether he/she has previously worked with a company such as yours - you don't want to have to pay for learning time. Has the firm worked with small businesses before? What kind? And if your industry has specialized regulatory or other legal requirements, you'll want a lawyer who is familiar with them. Referrals are the best way to find just about any service you might need, and finding an Lawyer is no exception. Talk to other small business owners, and to your banker, accountant, or other trusted advisor. You can also check with your local bar association, although not all of them verify an Lawyer's specialty or experience. A bar association referral will, of course, guarantee that a Lawyer has passed the bar exam.

4. OFFICE/YARD It is important you have a visible office where you can be met to carry out your normal businesses and at the same time, it gives your investor rest of mind that you are a responble business personality. Or better still, you can use the yard where you park your trucks as your office in order to avoid too much head expenses.

5. ENGINEER This is very pertinent to possess so that you can call upon him at anytime the truck breakdow and he would readily available. Make sure he is an experience one that can handle the type of truck you have, don't mind that he is not honest that would only be for the beginning, as time goes on you will be able check him on that because you will have know the prices of different parts of the truck. Secondly, you should try as much as possible to have a or many spare part sellers, from whom you would be buying the spare parts. Even when the mechanic says it is fake, tell him to use it like that. Once he knows you have gotten all his tricks, he would surrender.

6. DRIVER: I think this will answer one of the questions asked by omolayo 1. Driver is the pillar and soul of haulage business. Infact they determine 70% success of the business. To get a good driver, take the following steps:
ii. You can contract out the hiring of driver to consulting firm which would have scrutinised them very well.
iii. If you are to employ by your self, then let him come through a known person that he can fear and would not want to stain the name of the person that introduced him.
iv. Make sure you employ a driver that had work in the terrain that you want to employ him for. E.g. If you are looking for a driver that would driver a flatbed truck that will be conveying container, don't employ a driver that have only experience in driving tanker trailer. He would not deliver in his new environment as fast as you want
v. Let the driver bring a well respected guarantor, the guarantor should not be a driver like him.
vi. Always do well and right for the driver when he does well, but when you need to raise your temperance, don't hesitate to show your annoyance with him. And as well, always ask after his immediate family and care for them. Infact, it is the wife that would be telling him not to offend you.
ix. Use vehicle tracker without the knowlegde of the driver to track the movement, location and speed of the driver and the truck.
x. Lastly, I would tell you to end up as you started, commit everything to the hand of God after you have tried your own best.

It is WELL!
Re: Free Training On Haulage Business In Nigeria by fullforce: 1:34pm On Mar 19, 2010
Hello to the House,

3. LAWYER: You need the service of a lawyer to sign the deed of agreement which will make your investors to take you serious. Make sure that your Lawyer (and any other professional advisor) understands the specific needs of your business. When interviewing to select a lawyer, ask whether he/she has previously worked with a company such as yours - you don't want to have to pay for learning time. Has the firm worked with small businesses before? What kind? And if your industry has specialized regulatory or other legal requirements, you'll want a lawyer who is familiar with them. Referrals are the best way to find just about any service you might need, and finding an Lawyer is no exception. Talk to other small business owners, and to your banker, accountant, or other trusted advisor. You can also check with your local bar association, although not all of them verify an Lawyer's specialty or experience. A bar association referral will, of course, guarantee that a Lawyer has passed the bar exam.

It is WELL!
Re: Free Training On Haulage Business In Nigeria by fullforce: 6:03pm On Mar 23, 2010
Hello to the House,

I missed the class yesterday because I went on emergent business trip to Benin and it was God that saved me from the hand of the protesting militants at Ugbowo. Am very sorry for the disappointment.

3.     LAWYER:   You need the service of a lawyer to sign the deed of agreement which will make your investors to take you serious. Make sure that your Lawyer (and any other professional advisor) understands the specific needs of your business. When interviewing to select a lawyer, ask whether he/she has previously worked with a company such as yours - you don't want to have to pay for learning time. Has the firm worked with small businesses before? What kind? And if your industry has specialized regulatory or other legal requirements, you'll want a lawyer who is familiar with them.  Referrals are the best way to find just about any service you might need, and finding an Lawyer is no exception. Talk to other small business owners, and to your banker, accountant, or other trusted advisor. You can also check with your local bar association, although not all of them verify an Lawyer's specialty or experience. A bar association referral will, of course, guarantee that a Lawyer has passed the bar exam.

4.     OFFICE/YARD: It is important you have a visible office where you can be met to carry out your normal businesses and at the same time, it gives your investor rest of mind that you are a responble business personality. Or better still, you can use the yard where you park your trucks as your office in order to avoid too much head expenses.

5.     ENGINEER:  This is very pertinent to possess so that you can call upon him at anytime the truck breakdow and he would readily available.  Make sure he is an experience one that can handle the type of truck you have, don't mind that he is not honest that would only be for the beginning, as time goes on you will be able check him on that because you will have know the prices of different parts of the truck.  Secondly, you should try as much as possible to have a or many spare part sellers, from whom you would be buying the spare parts.  Even when the mechanic says it is fake, tell him to use it like that.  Once he knows you have gotten all his tricks, he would surrender.

It is WELL!
Re: Free Training On Haulage Business In Nigeria by fullforce: 11:54am On Mar 26, 2010
Class,

Thanks be to God for all this while we've gone. Today we are concluding on How to set up a successful haulage business:  other factors to consider include the following:

7.     BUSINESS PROPOSAL:  You should have a business proposal that you can send to you prospective investors. The proposal should contain:
a.     Historic Profile of your company
b.     Managerial set up of your company
c.     The good job you have done some people in the past and presently
d.     What the investor tends to gain in the investment
e.    The risks involved and their solutions and so on.

8.     DEED OF AGREEMENT:  Your lawyer should help you in preparing a comprehensive but simple to understand Deed of Agreement stating clearly the terms/conditions involve in the contract.  Don't enter hastily into agreement that you can not fulfil with an investor, because once you signed, you are legally binded.

9.     FREIGHT RATE:  Some companies will  ask for your freight rate to different kinds of places in Nigeria, so make sure you know very well places and the cost expenses that you will incur when transporting good to places.  The expenses will include:
i.      Cost of Diesel/fuel
ii.     Trip Allowance for the Driver and the motor-boy
iii.     Loading Allowance
iv.    Illegal tips to the "Boys Scout" on the  road
v.     Goods-in-Transit Insurance
        In other case, there are some companies that have their regulated freight rate which you look into, to be sure it will be good enough for you to deal with them

10.     DOCUMENTATION:  Be sure your vehicle documents are complete and valid to avoid the embarassment of the so called "Boys Scouts" on the road. Not that you will not tip them but if your documents are correct they will be pleading to you to give them not you begging them to help you.

And many other factors that time will not permit to mention here.

See you next time. Call me on 08037207231/07026446990 or email me : strikerealgold@gmail.com
Re: Free Training On Haulage Business In Nigeria by queenafric(f): 8:39pm On Mar 26, 2010
so educative!
Re: Free Training On Haulage Business In Nigeria by upwardmove: 8:56pm On Mar 26, 2010
Hello Fullforce,

Thank you so much for this your informative lecture. I just want to say you are too much, God bless you well wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllloooooooooooooooo
Re: Free Training On Haulage Business In Nigeria by powerman: 9:03pm On Mar 26, 2010
Mr. Fullforce,

I want to suggest you organise a physical seminar somewhere in Lagos where we can listen to you live, buy the full detailed handout since you said there are sometime time will not permit you to post here. I am not authorising you, but a suggest let the members of the house make their own contribution.

Thanks you for all you have done so far.
Re: Free Training On Haulage Business In Nigeria by IykeD(m): 11:46pm On Mar 26, 2010
Nice one fullforce, the last class is my best though i was not in class at the time of lecture lol.I enjoyed it all.I will find time to contact you for some issues.have a cool weekend.
Re: Free Training On Haulage Business In Nigeria by sonety2k(m): 11:24am On Mar 29, 2010
Oga Fullforce u are doing a great job , GOD BLESS YOU (amen) and looking forward for d next class Sir ,

Stay Bless

One Love
Re: Free Training On Haulage Business In Nigeria by fullforce: 1:30pm On Mar 29, 2010
Class,

Thanks be to God for all this while we've gone. Today we are concluding on How to set up a successful haulage business:  other factors to consider include the following:

7.    BUSINESS PROPOSAL:  You should have a business proposal that you can send to you prospective investors. The proposal should contain:
a.     Historic Profile of your company
b.     Managerial set up of your company
c.     The good job you have done some people in the past and presently
d.     What the investor tends to gain in the investment
e.    The risks involved and their solutions and so on.

8.     DEED OF AGREEMENT:  Your lawyer should help you in preparing a comprehensive but simple to understand Deed of Agreement stating clearly the terms/conditions involve in the contract.  Don't enter hastily into agreement that you can not fulfil with an investor, because once you signed, you legally binded.

9.     FREIGHT RATE:  Some companies will  ask for your freight rate to different kinds of places in Nigeria, so make sure you know very well places and the cost expenses that you will incur when transporting good to places.  The expenses will include:
i.      Cost of Diesel/fuel
ii.     Trip Allowance for the Driver and the motor-boy
iii.     Loading Allowance
iv.    Illegal tips to the "Boys Scout" on the  road
v.     Goods-in-Transit Insurance
        In other case, there are some companies that have their regulated freight rate which you look into, to be sure it will be good enough for you to deal with them

10.    DOCUMENTATION:  Be sure your vehicle documents are complete and valid to avoid the embarassment of the so called "Boys Scouts" on the road. Not that you will not tip them but if your documents are correct they will be pleading to you to give them not you begging them to help you.

11.     WEBSITE:  Though this is not that compulsory, but it is as well important because it enhances your opportunity of securing contract.

And many other factors that time will not permit to mention here.

See you next time. Call me on 08037207231/07026446990 or email me : strikerealgold@gmail.com
Re: Free Training On Haulage Business In Nigeria by chuxy12(m): 7:16pm On Mar 30, 2010
oga fullforce moe grease and grace to your elbow.
i have a question; if you are interested in raising & training your own drivers where and how do you go about them? i think this very important since DRIVER are the heart of the whole operation?
Re: Free Training On Haulage Business In Nigeria by omolayo1(m): 12:03am On Mar 31, 2010
@fullforce
i feel the selflessness in u but i will like to go with those two guys opinion because i can feel their curiosity about truck biz. meanwhile i have been trying to render my own little help one way or the other to those who are interested with that little introduction. let us leave it like that. one love.

@ chuxy12
the best method is what fullforce stated above and after that u can try my own method too. after dealing with almost three drivers in one month, i got one that is trustworthy which is an Hausa guy. i got him a house around the office, about a month later he started introducing his friends to me while i keep eye on them. i make some of them my friends, there i get to know that they leaned driving from thesame man in northern part of the country but they want to work in lagos. from there they started bringing in there younger ones while i do engage they from one thing or the other. today changing or employing drivers is out of my problem because i use them even when there is only one truck for them to use. that may help u also. just try to be good to them most especially hausa drivers.

@ fullforce
please can u share with us how many association must truck owner must belong to or the driver? most especially tankers.
how do we go about law enforcement agent that is hampered in lagos and the agbero boys?
Re: Free Training On Haulage Business In Nigeria by Grazza: 2:56am On Apr 01, 2010
Interesting read ups. Much thanks to all contributors for their useful and practical information.
Can someone shed some light on the standard procedure of attaching an oil tanker (33000lts) to a Transporter with an independent oil marketing company (Conoil/Oando)?
What's the average pay from the transporter to the owner?
Are contracts used as a general standard to guard against breeches from the transporter?
Is it a fact that the owner need not worry about managing the driver and repairs on the vehicle that is attached to the transporter?

Cheers,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Please Help I Mistakenly Revealed My BVN / 3 Terrible Financial Mistakes You Are Making As A Youth / DM For Price: Why Do Online Vendors Do This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 153
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.