Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,132 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:55 AM

If Anything Happens To Buhari, North Will Insist On Two Terms In 2019 – Junaid - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Anything Happens To Buhari, North Will Insist On Two Terms In 2019 – Junaid (29537 Views)

"If Anything Happens To Dino Melaye" – Dogara Warns Police / "If Anything Happens To Osinbajo, Nigeria Will Break" – Ayo Adebanjo / FFK: If Anything Happens To Buhari, Osinbajo Will Take Over, Nothing Will Happen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Anything Happens To Buhari, North Will Insist On Two Terms In 2019 – Junaid by Ovamboland(m): 3:23am On May 15, 2017
mbaboy:
I don't blame the north but the west(yorubas)that always give them opportunity to Lord it over other regions. Is high time we restructure this nation or we separate peacefully. My question is where is the confab report that would have changed this country if implemented? Posterity will judge Tinubu and other APC chieftains that sold us to the northerners.

And what will history say about Ibos Azikiwe Nnamdi who joined Bello/Balewa government or Ekuweme Alex who teamed with Shagari/NPN to form government?

When you point one finger, the remaining four are pointing back at you

1 Like

Re: If Anything Happens To Buhari, North Will Insist On Two Terms In 2019 – Junaid by tectonotimes: 4:19am On May 15, 2017
WHY ALL COMPANIES MUST EMBRACE E-MAIL MARKETING CAMPAIGN
E-mail marketing is the easiest and most affordable way of reaching your target audience and would-be customers within some minutes. If you spend little percentage of just your one month budget for advertisement on email marketing, you could double your client base. Harvard Business Review has proven that email marketing has a far higher return on investment (ROI) than traditional advertisement and even the highly advocated social media adverts.

E-mail marketing is fast becoming the most reliable and profitable marketing strategy in this country owing to the fact that each recipient of your e-mail campaign is more likely to patronize you. So, if you have not started using this strategy in your business, you are definitely missing a whole lot of patronage from prospective big clients.

With e-mail addresses at your disposal, you do not need to pay through your nose again in placing adverts in the print or electronic media for your products and services. You just have to package your adverts/proposals very well and send directly to your prospective clients via e-mail. It will reduce cost, time and improve the bottom-line of your organization. The e-mail addresses are usually separated with commas (,). You will just paste your proposal/advert on the body of the e-mail, copy and paste the e-mail addresses on the BCC row bit by bit and send. It is very simple. For more information on the advantages of e-mail marketing, click the link below:
http://www.tectono-business.com/2015/07/tectono-business-review-in-conjunction_21.html
Re: If Anything Happens To Buhari, North Will Insist On Two Terms In 2019 – Junaid by Geeoriginal: 5:26am On May 15, 2017
mbaboy:
I don't blame the north but the west(yorubas)that always give them opportunity to Lord it over other regions. Is high time we restructure this nation or we separate peacefully. My question is where is the confab report that would have changed this country if implemented? Posterity will judge Tinubu and other APC chieftains that sold us to the northerners.
it is very unfortunate that people lack history knowledge. Is it true that Southwest always supports the North? Zik of SE aligned with Tafawa Balewa instead of Awolowo, 1979: Ekwueme supported Shagari from the North and won in SE, 1993: SE majority voted for Tofa of the North against Abiola, 1999: Falae was the SW candidate, Obasanjo was the candidate of the North, but SE supported the candidate of the North, the only time that SW and North agreed was with Buhari. It was all because Jonathan govt was a failure and also put the SW at disadvantage in his appointments. Notwithstanding, he got more than 30% of SW votes. So, I see foolishness and ignorant each time I see people saying 'SW always supported the North ' or 'Yoruba is Hausa's slave' . People that says that are either brainwashed, ignorant or history revisits. Let's quit saying what is not right.

2 Likes

Re: If Anything Happens To Buhari, North Will Insist On Two Terms In 2019 – Junaid by babestella: 5:45am On May 15, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Keep fooling yourself the Noth is finished this time and they will jam a brick wall from a united South ..We shall definitely need to clamour for a referendum to clarify this toxic relation we have with the demonic North

Don't mind that cretrinn, it was OK to kick GEJ out and deny South South their own 8 years. I don't blame them, I blame the goatish SW that gave them support, we will see how it pans out. This is why some people want the country divided, but when you ask the SS to support the agitation, they'll say NO.

1 Like

Re: If Anything Happens To Buhari, North Will Insist On Two Terms In 2019 – Junaid by babestella: 5:55am On May 15, 2017
Buhari treats them like a son....

Re: If Anything Happens To Buhari, North Will Insist On Two Terms In 2019 – Junaid by joeyswift(m): 6:39am On May 15, 2017
Welcome to the wild wild north
Re: If Anything Happens To Buhari, North Will Insist On Two Terms In 2019 – Junaid by Jj222(f): 6:54am On May 15, 2017
mbaboy:
In addition to what you have just said Oh God punish Mr .Tinubu very very well for us.let dat his big eyes get bigger every hour.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Anything Happens To Buhari, North Will Insist On Two Terms In 2019 – Junaid by Myself2(m): 7:37am On May 15, 2017
Caleboha:
Shameless, illiterates! Nigeria is an error, the flaw of the century. I hate Lord Luggard with a passion. I intensely despise the weaklings of the South West. Their low self esteem, poor judgment and deceit made them perpetual asslickkerrs of the core north and co-killers of destiny. How can you call yourself educated in the free world and yet back these terrorists?

The problem of the Yorubas is that they are mostly lily livered and treacherous.
By the way, who is Junaid or JunAIDS ?? Does he suffer from AIDS of the mouth
What does the idiot mean by "if anything happens to Buhari,the North will..." , he must be one very mad man to say that.
Does he mean the other parts of Nigeria apart from his north are the cause of Buhari's plague?? Or is it the fault of the the other parts of Nigeria that when it got to the turn of his north to produce a president,the " best" material they could put forward was a 74 year old terminally ill illiterate who has no verifiable educational qualification and has a reputation for being one of the best pretenders and deceivers,despots,treasury thieves in Nigeria today who has managed to blind so many people so they cannot see how absolutely unqualified he is to be president and yet they went ahead and voted him,is it the fault of the South ?
On the other hand,maybe he has ThiefNubuu Tinubu in mind cos it was the brown toothed bingo that repackaged the scum and sold him to unsuspecting Nigerian electorate,so this is the reason why in as much as I care less whether Buhari lives or dies, I actually hope he lives to complete his term in 2019 and get flushed out of the presidential villa.That way,Osunbade (Thifnubuu's boy) will not get to become substantive president and that way,ThiefNubuu will remain largely alienated from the scheme of things at the federal level,the way the Kyari,Monguno and Daura cabal has ensured all these while grin grin
Boo yah ,in your face Jagaban ,,,,,,,,,,,,and FVCK you Junaid

1 Like

Re: If Anything Happens To Buhari, North Will Insist On Two Terms In 2019 – Junaid by Okudiover(m): 8:28am On May 15, 2017
Geeoriginal:
it is very unfortunate that people lack history knowledge. Is it true that Southwest always supports the North? Zik of SE aligned with Tafawa Balewa instead of Awolowo, 1979: Ekwueme supported Shagari from the North and won in SE, 1993: SE majority voted for Tofa of the North against Abiola, 1999: Falae was the SW candidate, Obasanjo was the candidate of the North, but SE supported the candidate of the North, the only time that SW and North agreed was with Buhari. It was all because Jonathan govt was a failure and also put the SW at disadvantage in his appointments. Notwithstanding, he got more than 30% of SW votes. So, I see foolishness and ignorant each time I see people saying 'SW always supported the North ' or 'Yoruba is Hausa's slave' . People that says that are either brainwashed, ignorant or history revisits. Let's quit saying what is not right.

Mr history first of all Tafawa Balewa was already dead long before 1979. Secondly, I believe you are referring to the alliance between Northern Peoples Congress (NPC) and the NCNC where we operated a parliamentary system of government where the party with the highest number of seats (in this case NPC) produced the prime minister but because they did not have absolute majority of seats they have to form an alliance with a party or parties that would give the ruling party ⅔ majority to pass laws. The NPC approached the Action Group (AG) but Awolowo refused during the negotiations because in exchange for the alliance Awolowo made demands that the NPC could not meet. So the NPC had no choice but to go to the party that would still give them the ⅔ majority which is the NCNC. If no coalition was achieved there would be no government and fresh elections would be repeated until ⅔ majority is attained. So what Zik and the NCNC did was more accommodating in a broader political sense than the far-left position being pushed by the Awolowo led Action Group. Again you mentioned 1993 as the year Ekwueme supported Shagari, first of all let me tell you that the National Party of Nigeria (NPN) which Shagari and Ekwueme used to achieve their joint ticket was defunct after the Buhari/Idiagbon coup of 31st December 1983 and not 1993 as you put it. And before you start your conspiracy theory against Ekwueme let me remind you that he was a member of the NPN and a vice president thanks to a joint ticket with Shagari, Awolowo too had an Igbo man (Umeadi) as his running mate. The only Igbo man to run for president in the 2nd republic was Nnamdi Azikiwe under Nigerian Peoples Party (NPP). So giving the impression that Ekwueme supported Shagari instead of Awolowo is silly seeing that Ekwueme belonged to the NPN and not UPN. Thirdly, you accuse Igbos of not supporting a Yoruba man in 1999 and in the same vein you say they voted Obasanjo whom you say was a northern candidate. Is Obasanjo not a Yoruba man? Your premise contradicts your conclusion. Finally, the Igbos voted the National Republican Convention (NRC) in June of 1993 because one of their sons Sylvester Ugoh from Imo State was on the joint ticket with the NRC presidential candidate Othan Bashir Tofa. Abiola's running mate was a Kanuri from the North East Ambassador Baba Gana Kingigbe so what in your mind should have been the motivation for Igbos to vote Abiola? Maybe Christianity or what? Of course not. Even very recently the yorubas voted the joint ticket of their son Yemi Osinbajo/PMB which is exactly what the Igbos did with Tofa/Ugoh in 1993. Both scenarios are the same and cannot be described as political naivety can it?
Re: If Anything Happens To Buhari, North Will Insist On Two Terms In 2019 – Junaid by mikolo80: 5:48am On May 16, 2017
Caleboha:
Shameless, illiterates! Nigeria is an error, the flaw of the century. I hate Lord Luggard with a passion. I intensely despise the weaklings of the South West. Their low self esteem, poor judgment and deceit made them perpetual asslickkerrs of the core north and co-killers of destiny. How can you call yourself educated in the free world and yet back these terrorists?
cos we need the oyel money.
Re: If Anything Happens To Buhari, North Will Insist On Two Terms In 2019 – Junaid by mikolo80: 5:48am On May 16, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Bastards that has been the plan all along to allow Osinbanjo complete the last month's of Buhari govt and start a fresh two term govt for a new northern president in 2019 ..meaning the north would have been in power for 12 years straight ..
na dem go vote for diasef. no be una?
Re: If Anything Happens To Buhari, North Will Insist On Two Terms In 2019 – Junaid by Geeoriginal: 7:41am On May 16, 2017
Okudiover:

Mr history first of all Tafawa Balewa was already dead long before 1979. Secondly, I believe you are referring to the alliance between Northern Peoples Congress (NPC) and the NCNC where we operated a parliamentary system of government where the party with the highest number of seats (in this case NPC) produced the prime minister but because they did not have absolute majority of seats they have to form an alliance with a party or parties that would give the ruling party ⅔ majority to pass laws. The NPC approached the Action Group (AG) but Awolowo refused during the negotiations because in exchange for the alliance Awolowo made demands that the NPC could not meet. So the NPC had no choice but to go to the party that would still give them the ⅔ majority which is the NCNC. If no coalition was achieved there would be no government and fresh elections would be repeated until ⅔ majority is attained. So what Zik and the NCNC did was more accommodating in a broader political sense than the far-left position being pushed by the Awolowo led Action Group. Again you mentioned 1993 as the year Ekwueme supported Shagari, first of all let me tell you that the National Party of Nigeria (NPN) which Shagari and Ekwueme used to achieve their joint ticket was defunct after the Buhari/Idiagbon coup of 31st December 1983 and not 1993 as you put it. And before you start your conspiracy theory against Ekwueme let me remind you that he was a member of the NPN and a vice president thanks to a joint ticket with Shagari, Awolowo too had an Igbo man (Umeadi) as his running mate. The only Igbo man to run for president in the 2nd republic was Nnamdi Azikiwe under Nigerian Peoples Party (NPP). So giving the impression that Ekwueme supported Shagari instead of Awolowo is silly seeing that Ekwueme belonged to the NPN and not UPN. Thirdly, you accuse Igbos of not supporting a Yoruba man in 1999 and in the same vein you say they voted Obasanjo whom you say was a northern candidate. Is Obasanjo not a Yoruba man? Your premise contradicts your conclusion. Finally, the Igbos voted the National Republican Convention (NRC) in June of 1993 because one of their sons Sylvester Ugoh from Imo State was on the joint ticket with the NRC presidential candidate Othan Bashir Tofa. Abiola's running mate was a Kanuri from the North East Ambassador Baba Gana Kingigbe so what in your mind should have been the motivation for Igbos to vote Abiola? Maybe Christianity or what? Of course not. Even very recently the yorubas voted the joint ticket of their son Yemi Osinbajo/PMB which is exactly what the Igbos did with Tofa/Ugoh in 1993. Both scenarios are the same and cannot be described as political naivety can it?
That you wrote a long story does not make you right. Let me start by correcting the way you read my initial submission, colon shows that further explanation follows. I expected that the moment you saw that the story that follows the date align with it and not the statement before it which was separated by a comma, you will realize the mistakes. The comma was used as a separator, it will be an error using a colon as a separator in a list. My dates were correct if you read them right. I did not put a date on the NPC-NCNC alignment. Notwithstanding, any alignment was allowed as far as it ended up with two-third.
Now to your response which I am not preparing to give a long reply, reading it only supported me rather than antagonize what I said. I could not find a single statement in your long write-up that shows Yoruba always supported the North, rather you only supported me that it is not a true statement. Thanks for your supporting write-up. Yoruba do not always support the north. Gaskiya!
Re: If Anything Happens To Buhari, North Will Insist On Two Terms In 2019 – Junaid by aribisala0(m): 11:20pm On May 16, 2017
Okudiover:

It is not true that the party with the highest number of seats produces the Prime minister. That is absolutely not how it works so stop talking nonsense. A coalition may be formed by smaller parties with fewer seats against a single party with the highest number of seats.It is called a MINORITY GOVERNMENT. EDUCATE YOURSELF .
There is nothing like 2/3 majority .Tell that to children of your age. .
Then you start making up tales They approached Awo, why are you folk such shameless liars. What demand did he make? Tell us please
Re: If Anything Happens To Buhari, North Will Insist On Two Terms In 2019 – Junaid by Dhugal: 11:50pm On May 16, 2017
aribisala0:

It is not true that the party with the highest number of seats produces the Prime minister. That is absolutely not how it works so stop talking nonsense. A coalition may be formed by smaller parties with fewer seats against a single party with the highest number of seats.It is called a MINORITY GOVERNMENT. EDUCATE YOURSELF .
There is nothing like 2/3 majority .Tell that to children of your age. .
Then you start making up tales They approached Awo, why are you folk such shameless liars. What demand did he make? Tell us please
Mr Educator,a minority government means a party or coalition with highest number of seats in Parliament,but just short of 50% and also assured others are too fragmented to come together and edge them out.Example,PM Stephen Harper's govt before he finally lost election or Nicola Sturgeon's current govt in Scotland.
The party with highest majority in government,almost always form the govt except where,there being more than one party with high number of seats,the other party form a majority coalition to edge out the one that slightly came first e.g,PM David Cameron's first govt with the Liberal Democrats.
Thank me later for the lesson.
Re: If Anything Happens To Buhari, North Will Insist On Two Terms In 2019 – Junaid by aribisala0(m): 11:58pm On May 16, 2017
Dhugal:

Mr Educator,a minority government means a party or coalition with highest number of seats in Parliament,but just short of 50% and also assured others are too fragmented to come together and edge them out.Example,PM Stephen Harper's govt before he finally lost election or Nicola Sturgeon's current govt in Scotland.
The party with highest majority in government,almost always form the govt except where,there being more than one party with high number of seats,the other party form a majority coalition to edge out the one that slightly came first e.g,PM David Cameron's first govt with the Liberal Democrats.
Thank me later for the lesson.
You Are Daft !!
What did I say?very b daft indeed. A COALITION IS NOT A PARTY. A coalition minority government can exclude the party with the highest number of seats.
Please also admit that 2/3 majority is just fictitious nonsense that you made up.
A government may be formed by several parties not just two so please stop talking nonsense

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Wike: PDP's Chances Brighter If Bala Mohammed Emerges Presidential Candidate / Fshaw Olufemi Olukayode Adeyemi Left EFCC Because It's Time (Screenshots) / NCoS: Maryam Sanda Not Granted Pardon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.