Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,476 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:51 PM

Saraki: Anti-graft War Is Five-minute Sensationalism - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki: Anti-graft War Is Five-minute Sensationalism (21218 Views)

Dogara On Anti-graft War: We Are Dealing With Leaves And Fruits But Not Root (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saraki: Anti-graft War Is Five-minute Sensationalism by positivetaught: 5:04pm On May 15, 2017
Exactly what Gej was always advocating n promoting but we choose to abuse rather than appreciates him.

6 Likes

Re: Saraki: Anti-graft War Is Five-minute Sensationalism by yemmight(m): 5:05pm On May 15, 2017
You can imagine in a country that we found ourselves. Extremely corrupt politicians launching a book called antidotes for corruption. Chai! Almighty God have you forsaken us in Nigeria ni. Please come to our rescue.

3 Likes

Re: Saraki: Anti-graft War Is Five-minute Sensationalism by Sealeddeal(m): 5:06pm On May 15, 2017
Buhari came, saw and lost.

3 Likes

Re: Saraki: Anti-graft War Is Five-minute Sensationalism by bionixs: 5:07pm On May 15, 2017
JayRise:
Good one. The truth will always sound heavy.

Where this Benue state community gets drinking water from will make you cry

even as good as Ambode is as a governor,lagosians don't have a place to get drinking water. we buy and dig our own boreholes and wells. so no politicking ,we came for a book launch here,please
Re: Saraki: Anti-graft War Is Five-minute Sensationalism by LexngtonSteele: 5:08pm On May 15, 2017
RockHard:
Lol. I wonder how Saraki can talk about fighting corruption with a straight face. lipsrsealed

The guy is an unrepentant Kleptomaniac and because he hasn't been brought down, he feels he can talk

3 Likes

Re: Saraki: Anti-graft War Is Five-minute Sensationalism by kitaatita: 5:08pm On May 15, 2017
Any anti-corruption gathering which has Mrs. Jonathan is like watching Helen Paul in AY Live; just comedy

1 Like

Re: Saraki: Anti-graft War Is Five-minute Sensationalism by figure007(m): 5:09pm On May 15, 2017
Aye ti baje oo.... Corruption trying to fight corruption by writing a book against corruption.... Oga oo

3 Likes

Re: Saraki: Anti-graft War Is Five-minute Sensationalism by ndcide(m): 5:10pm On May 15, 2017
grin

Somewhere in their hearts they agree and believe in the "Goat and Yam theory"

Anyway, I agree with the sensationalism thing about the anti corruption fight.

3 Likes

Re: Saraki: Anti-graft War Is Five-minute Sensationalism by Nobody: 5:12pm On May 15, 2017
Dear Dogara, you shouldn't be allowed to talk because you are one of corrupt politicians who said padding budgets is not corruptions. Saraki and Dino the budgets you are passing signifying corruptions for the blinds to see and dumb to hear.

One thing I know most of you will never be re-elected no matter how hard you thieves trying to talk as sweet as you could, you will all have a vote in 2019, either to votes you in or to votes you out.

Pretenders.

Re: Saraki: Anti-graft War Is Five-minute Sensationalism by Realdeals(m): 5:12pm On May 15, 2017
Where is the systematic fight in NASS N130 billion budget. He should highlight how he's going to fight it.
Re: Saraki: Anti-graft War Is Five-minute Sensationalism by Tecno66: 5:13pm On May 15, 2017
yourexcellency:
See who is talking...Saraki who installed a stooge in Kwara and is collecting 40 percent of the states monthly revenue as pension..na wa ooo

How will any sensible fellow read Melaye's book. You claimed you graduated from Harvard. Harvard disowned you and he has kept quiet ever since. THAT TO ME IS THE GREATEST CORRUPTION
if you call that the greatest corruption, then please tell us where the promise of 3million jobs within a year and N1 exchanging for 1 dollar as promised by APC falls?

2 Likes

Re: Saraki: Anti-graft War Is Five-minute Sensationalism by adodofemi(m): 5:15pm On May 15, 2017
dre11:

https://www.thecable.ng/saraki-know-anti-graft-war-not-yielded-much-success

If not less than 5mins. You get indicted this minute, you get charged the next minute, the noise becomes deafening for the minute after and you become a hero aftermath. Shameful, the corrupts charge the corrupts for crimes!

3 Likes

Re: Saraki: Anti-graft War Is Five-minute Sensationalism by BlackBaron: 5:15pm On May 15, 2017
This is your current senate president.

And do you lot ever wonder how you remain underdeveloped when cats like this imply punishing corruption is wrong?!

2 Likes

Re: Saraki: Anti-graft War Is Five-minute Sensationalism by JayRise(m): 5:17pm On May 15, 2017
bionixs:
even as good as Ambode is as a governor,lagosians don't have a place to get drinking water. we buy and dig our own boreholes and wells. so no politicking ,we came for a book launch here,please

Look clearly at that water. Can you drink that in your Lagos? Of course not. You have better alternatives.

But these people are defying all odds to stay alive drinking water I cannot even give to pigs. Let's be honest here. We are the victims. Common.

1 Like

Re: Saraki: Anti-graft War Is Five-minute Sensationalism by TheRealestGuy(m): 5:30pm On May 15, 2017
Yes the fight against corruption needs to be institutionalized however,

Until we take corruption seriously and appreciate the seriousness of the matter at hand, it's all lip service...
Until we make embezzlement of funds an offence punishable by death, or the laws and constitution of the land modified to show a hardliner stance towards the issue, we won't get any mileage...

Fact...
Re: Saraki: Anti-graft War Is Five-minute Sensationalism by ziga: 5:33pm On May 15, 2017
They are lawmakers for goodness sake.

He shouldn't be making suggestions, they should be making laws and ensuring that those laws can be successfully implemented.

What have they done to fight corruption? Nothing.

I wonder why they have done nothing... A thief would never try to trap himself.

It is corrupt for our lawmakers' pay packages to be so fat and the whole country suffers.

1 Like

Re: Saraki: Anti-graft War Is Five-minute Sensationalism by bionixs: 5:46pm On May 15, 2017
JayRise:

Look clearly at that water. Can you drink that in your Lagos? Of course not. You have better alternatives.

But these people are defying all odds to stay alive drinking water I cannot even give to pigs. Let's be honest here. We are the victims. Common.
I am say we don't have any.yet we are heavily taxed. they are better,at least as dirty as it might be, it could be used to flush the toilet. But we don't have any in lagos from the govt
Re: Saraki: Anti-graft War Is Five-minute Sensationalism by AnanseK(m): 5:53pm On May 15, 2017
naijaboy756:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

GEJ PROPOSED INSTITUTIONAL FIGHT AGAINST CORRUPTION

PMB AND BMC ARE PROPOSING HARASSMENT OF OPPONENTS AND SELLING SAME TO ZOMBIES AS KWARAPTION PAIT

So who stopped him (GEJ) from implementing th institutional fight against corruption? When he emptied the treasury to bribe his way to second term,I guess GEJ was launching his institutional fight against corruption. And he was sending the invitation envelopes through Sambo Dasuki.

1 Like

Re: Saraki: Anti-graft War Is Five-minute Sensationalism by Zedoo(m): 5:53pm On May 15, 2017
Na wetin Goodluck talk... All of Una say im be mumu... Oya na...

Watch how the recovered funds will be relooted with extra.

1 Like

Re: Saraki: Anti-graft War Is Five-minute Sensationalism by naijaboy756: 5:59pm On May 15, 2017
Tecno66:
if you call that the greatest corruption, then please tell us where the promise of 3million jobs within a year and N1 exchanging for 1 dollar as promised by APC falls?
YOU DEY MIND THE DUMB BRAIN EVACUATED ZOMBIE?

1 Like

Re: Saraki: Anti-graft War Is Five-minute Sensationalism by LocalChamp: 6:01pm On May 15, 2017
SARAKI, THE FACE OF CORRUPTION. NIGERIANS KNOW YOU ARE A THIEF AND CROOK.

Re: Saraki: Anti-graft War Is Five-minute Sensationalism by Tonymegabush1(m): 6:02pm On May 15, 2017
Honestly this congregation of leaders has bin making fool out of us. With which mouth are we to say that dino of all ppl wrote a book on corruption and his colleague in crime came 2 deliver speech on it... Nwanne this ppl don insult us to a point we can not take it any longer. Saraki of all ppl NkA dikwa egwu shocked

2 Likes

Re: Saraki: Anti-graft War Is Five-minute Sensationalism by wealth123: 6:07pm On May 15, 2017
You don't know what they stole? and you will never know. Let me ask you, Dino has 10 exotic cars including a Ferrari, Lamborghini and G-wagon to mention a few. None of these cars cost less than N20million. Where in a sane country will a public servant have money to waste on automobiles that costs so much? Saraki, is been accused of false declaration of Assets and he hired 90 SANs to defend him. How much does it cost to hire a SAN? Dogara, was accused of Budget padding and everything was swept under the carpet and his accuser suspended from the house. Did you not hear how they were ridiculed by workers recently? In a country where minimum wage is N18,000, Senators and Reps, are going home with more than N10 million monthly and they were bold enough to come to address workers. HABA.
They have no moral right to tell us antidote against corruption. They are neck deep in corruption. God is watching, He can not be deceived.
You may be one of their e-rats but God will punish all of you together for supporting evil.

Lescalier:

Abeg remind me. What did they steal?

Dnt insult me o, just remind me.

1 Like

Re: Saraki: Anti-graft War Is Five-minute Sensationalism by HENRY940: 6:10pm On May 15, 2017
How hard is it to simply cut cost of governance,
Re: Saraki: Anti-graft War Is Five-minute Sensationalism by Nobody: 6:13pm On May 15, 2017
I agree in principle what Saraki is trying to say but he got some things wrong

Purnishment is a deterrence, it is essential to have deterrence but it should not be the focus of the fight against corruption

More focus should be on prevention and this I think is what Saraki means!

For example Jonathan using IT to root out ghost workers and the fertiliser scam is a good example of using technology to prevent corruption

Saraki's observation on transparency on procurement processes is also in order! For example this current administration was busy using Magu to arrest PDP guys for corruption meanwhile the budget submitted by the same admistration to NASS is littered with a list of intention to steal!!!

This I think is the point Saraki is making, we need to think through the fight against corruption in a smarter way!

There is no need spending billions prosecuting corruptions of yesteryears while the system is still porous and more people are still stealing. Let's plug the loopholes first!

3 Likes

Re: Saraki: Anti-graft War Is Five-minute Sensationalism by fergie001: 6:13pm On May 15, 2017
Unless am daft,can someone explain to me appropriately what Dogara said?
Re: Saraki: Anti-graft War Is Five-minute Sensationalism by slivertongue: 6:17pm On May 15, 2017
]

"corruption has not yielded much success
because it is rippled with sensationalism"

[/quote:

Kai! which way Nigeria?

[quote author=]

"fight against corruption be focused on deterrence and not punishment"
But these character argued the opposite against and thus became the darling of the public as anti corruption crusader.

" high profile cases of corruption was only worsening the problem, and not dealing with its root cause"

What a double speak!!!

Nigeria is indeed in trouble, sadly my fears are gradually taking shape
Re: Saraki: Anti-graft War Is Five-minute Sensationalism by magzey: 6:27pm On May 15, 2017
Nigeria for you, how Was the previous govt being doing on corruption was there any change? the Answer is NOOOOOO!!!! But if punisment is attached it will surely work out.
its a pity the corrupt are the one giving an antidote of corruption.CHAI!!!!!!! NIGERIA I HAIL

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Amosun’s Aides, APC Party Members Listed As Dpp’s Candidates For NASS / Who Will Fund Aisha’s Office? – PDP / CBN To Arrest Anyone Who Sprays, Steps On Naira Notes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.