Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,083 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:21 PM

5 Reasons To Button Up Till Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 5 Reasons To Button Up Till Marriage (2257 Views)

Why Is It That Women In Their 30s Claim No Sex Till Marriage? / 26-Year-Old Virgin Lady Decides To Remain So Till Marriage (Photos) / 10 Reasons Why Most Ladies Will Never Remain Virgins Till Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Reasons To Button Up Till Marriage by Nobody: 8:33pm On May 19, 2017
Here are 5 practical reasons to keep buttoned up and hold off having sex until marriage .

Reasons that might not seem super important NOW but will be HUGE down the road.

1. You will save yourself a lot of regretful moments.

If you talk to anyone who had a variety of sexual encounters before they got married, inevitably you’ll find they have at least one – but probably many – they wish they could take back.

Having sex is so personal and permanent. It can never be undone, so it shouldn’t be something you regret.

2. It will make the relationship simpler and easier to evaluate

It’s much harder to recognize a broken relationship when you are having sex with someone. Want to know if the relationship you have is actually worth having or continuing? Try not having sex and see if you still want to be around the person.

I’m convinced that “hot sex” before marriage is a main contributor to broken marriages. Why? Because those marriages most likely would have never happened if the sex wasn’t keeping them together in the first place.

3. It’s difficult going ‘a la carte’ when you are used to a buffet.

Let’s be honest: if you are used to having sex with whomever and have “sampled all the varieties” then monogamous sex with one partner may be a hard pill to swallow.
It doesn’t matter if the food quality is way better at the a la carte restaurant.

Buffet people are buffet people because they convince themselves that variety is always best, even if the food quality is crap.

I know this may sound counter-intuitive in a day and age where consumption rules, but if your only frame of reference for sex is with your spouse (sex that’s special and intimate), then it’s going to be pretty great and you are not going to be worrying about what else you may be missing out on.

4. Sexual history is not something JUST you have to contend with.

When you bring a sexual history into your marriage, you are affecting both people. You have to deal with your flames of old, and so does your spouse.

A relationship that is threatened by comparisons is one that lacks security, and security is super important in the bedroom.

5. Sex Affects Your Brain

One of the most interesting aspects of the brain (to me) is how its rewards system works. Simply put, the brain is designed to seek out and recreate those experiences that make it feel good.

While our brain’s rewards system can serve to our own destruction (like in the case of addiction) it can also serve to our betterment.

Yes, the Biblical reasons are important.
Yes, not having sex before marriage because “God said so” is important.

But, realize that God didn’t tell us these things because he wants to rob us of pleasure. He doesn’t want to withhold the best. In fact, it’s quite the opposite.

God’s design for sex is meant to give us the best.
His ways are not just spiritual. Sometimes they are also tremendously practical and always beneficial.

And sometimes those ways may not seem important in the HERE and NOW but they will make perfect sense down the road.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons To Button Up Till Marriage by falconey(m): 8:33pm On May 19, 2017
No cum-ment
Re: 5 Reasons To Button Up Till Marriage by Nobody: 8:34pm On May 19, 2017
Lol.. Bad news for those of us willing to test run before marriage grin

Wait a minute, what the Bleep do you mean sex affects your brain? Pure bullshìt analysis undecided
Re: 5 Reasons To Button Up Till Marriage by Ajewealth123(m): 8:37pm On May 19, 2017
Abeg who get that yinmu picture?
This advertisement/swaying is top notch

I bought an lg led 88inch tv in Dubai 2015, so you are telling me I shouldn't have tested it?
I should just bring it to Nigeria and test it when I get here?

Before my fiancé became my wife,the instruction was clear,no belle,no marriage. Shikena.
Doctors will test you and tell you u are ok and some of these tested people won't still get pregnant.
Or how do we explain the people with borehole under them?

Make I sha dey here dey observe comments.na from here we go sabi dose wey get sense and dose wey sense dey pain

Re: 5 Reasons To Button Up Till Marriage by Synord(m): 8:38pm On May 19, 2017
If you like button up, if you like button down...Person wey go kpansh go still kpansh you..

Woman day think of the clothe to wear, Man dey think of how to off am..

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons To Button Up Till Marriage by McBrooklyn(m): 8:56pm On May 19, 2017
If "no sex before marriage" was actually God's plan, then we would all receive our various dicks and pussies on the Wedding night... undecided
Re: 5 Reasons To Button Up Till Marriage by dingbang(m): 8:56pm On May 19, 2017
grin

Mynd44 haba... But where is farano and roktation!?
Re: 5 Reasons To Button Up Till Marriage by Jaynom(m): 9:07pm On May 19, 2017
But my buttons don spoil cry
Re: 5 Reasons To Button Up Till Marriage by ojun50(m): 9:10pm On May 19, 2017
Button self they cut too, even if u give different tailor nd ours girls can give differ tailor frm aboki, omo igbo to omo yoruba
Re: 5 Reasons To Button Up Till Marriage by Headlesschicken(m): 9:16pm On May 19, 2017
grin Always taste d product,I repeat always taste d product,I have seen n!ggas whom gat married 2virginz buh still got divorced,sex x not d only reason 4broken marriage's, besides most virgins r dumb,just lk dia pucci dia brain also x blocked....
Re: 5 Reasons To Button Up Till Marriage by ednut1(m): 9:42pm On May 19, 2017
Trash
Re: 5 Reasons To Button Up Till Marriage by Theoigios(m): 10:38pm On May 19, 2017
Ajewealth123:
Abeg who get that yinmu picture?
This advertisement/swaying is top notch

I bought an lg led 88inch tv in Dubai 2015, so you are telling me I shouldn't have tested it?
I should just bring it to Nigeria and test it when I get here?

Before my fiancé became my wife,the instruction was clear,no belle,no marriage. Shikena.
Doctors will test you and tell you u are ok and some of these tested people won't still get pregnant.
Or how do we explain the people with borehole under them?

Make I sha dey here dey observe comments.na from here we go sabi dose wey get sense and dose wey sense dey pain

chai!!!, comparing a human being to a tv? where is your brain?, well what do i expect from guys like you?. do you think about your family members that are females before you comment on posts that has to do with sex?.
its obvious you only see ladies as things.
please change how you think!.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons To Button Up Till Marriage by Theoigios(m): 10:41pm On May 19, 2017
McBrooklyn:
If "no sex before marriage" was actually God's plan, then we would all receive our various dicks and pussies on the Wedding night... undecided

And you would have been using your mouth to pass out urine..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons To Button Up Till Marriage by McBrooklyn(m): 10:44pm On May 19, 2017
Theoigios:

[s] And you would have been using your mouth to pass out urine..[/s]

Re: 5 Reasons To Button Up Till Marriage by Nobody: 11:20pm On May 19, 2017
Are you a deeper life member?
Re: 5 Reasons To Button Up Till Marriage by Nobody: 11:23pm On May 19, 2017
Mementoes:
Are you a deeper life member?

No I'm not
Re: 5 Reasons To Button Up Till Marriage by Frolic: 11:24pm On May 19, 2017
Thumbz up ! However, it's sex that seals off the assurance that the one u dating is the "It" imo. Maybe it shouldn't come first if you can resist the urge.
Re: 5 Reasons To Button Up Till Marriage by Nobody: 11:25pm On May 19, 2017
Make we hear word

The only way u can hold back is if ure ugly so nobody comes after u or if ure rich and an introvert that doesnt use social media

If not virgin fire
Re: 5 Reasons To Button Up Till Marriage by Nobody: 11:25pm On May 19, 2017
Lilyqueeny:

No I'm not
Ok.
How do you think two people can verify their sexual compatibility before marriage given these points you have raised?
Re: 5 Reasons To Button Up Till Marriage by Nobody: 12:15am On May 20, 2017
Op Bravo wink
Re: 5 Reasons To Button Up Till Marriage by felixomor: 1:28am On May 20, 2017
Lilyqueeny:
Here are 5 practical reasons to keep buttoned up and hold off having sex until marriage .

Reasons that might not seem super important NOW but will be HUGE down the road.

1. You will save yourself a lot of regretful moments.

If you talk to anyone who had a variety of sexual encounters before they got married, inevitably you’ll find they have at least one – but probably many – they wish they could take back.

Having sex is so personal and permanent. It can never be undone, so it shouldn’t be something you regret.

2. It will make the relationship simpler and easier to evaluate

It’s much harder to recognize a broken relationship when you are having sex with someone. Want to know if the relationship you have is actually worth having or continuing? Try not having sex and see if you still want to be around the person.

I’m convinced that “hot sex” before marriage is a main contributor to broken marriages. Why? Because those marriages most likely would have never happened if the sex wasn’t keeping them together in the first place.

3. It’s difficult going ‘a la carte’ when you are used to a buffet.

Let’s be honest: if you are used to having sex with whomever and have “sampled all the varieties” then monogamous sex with one partner may be a hard pill to swallow.
It doesn’t matter if the food quality is way better at the a la carte restaurant.

Buffet people are buffet people because they convince themselves that variety is always best, even if the food quality is crap.

I know this may sound counter-intuitive in a day and age where consumption rules, but if your only frame of reference for sex is with your spouse (sex that’s special and intimate), then it’s going to be pretty great and you are not going to be worrying about what else you may be missing out on.

4. Sexual history is not something JUST you have to contend with.

When you bring a sexual history into your marriage, you are affecting both people. You have to deal with your flames of old, and so does your spouse.

A relationship that is threatened by comparisons is one that lacks security, and security is super important in the bedroom.

5. Sex Affects Your Brain

One of the most interesting aspects of the brain (to me) is how its rewards system works. Simply put, the brain is designed to seek out and recreate those experiences that make it feel good.

While our brain’s rewards system can serve to our own destruction (like in the case of addiction) it can also serve to our betterment.

Yes, the Biblical reasons are important.
Yes, not having sex before marriage because “God said so” is important.

But, realize that God didn’t tell us these things because he wants to rob us of pleasure. He doesn’t want to withhold the best. In fact, it’s quite the opposite.

God’s design for sex is meant to give us the best.
His ways are not just spiritual. Sometimes they are also tremendously practical and always beneficial.

And sometimes those ways may not seem important in the HERE and NOW but they will make perfect sense down the road.

Great Thread, Lilyqueeny
Keep it Up.
Re: 5 Reasons To Button Up Till Marriage by Ajewealth123(m): 6:01am On May 20, 2017
Theoigios:

chai!!!, comparing a human being to a tv? where is your brain?, well what do i expect from guys like you?. do you think about your family members that are females before you comment on posts that has to do with sex?.
its obvious you only see ladies as things.
please change how you think!.
what was your jamb score? Did you pass? All these nuisance underage teenager too think they have an idea when it comes to relationship talks. It is not neccessary you comment and if you must do,do that with your brain intact.
I wasn't comparing tv with female,I was citing and example.next time when you want to quote someone,make sure you have a clear understanding of the subject matter,what you are quoting and how well to respond.
Imagine you are even still a young lad who doesn't know or have the full context of what a relationship is. I won't entertain your quote any longer so keep whatever you want to say to yourself

On the bolded, it is obvious you were not properly trained. I won't insult your parent but don't make the mistake a second time,you will get what you are trying to bargain for I promise you
Re: 5 Reasons To Button Up Till Marriage by jashar(f): 6:57am On May 20, 2017
Lilyqueeny. kiss

Mind not the haters, you have spoken well.

To all those comparing human beings to appliances, I don't blame you. I blame the people that chose to sleep with you. tongue

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons To Button Up Till Marriage by Cleopatra4(f): 7:51am On May 20, 2017
Ajewealth123:
what was your jamb score? Did you pass? All these nuisance underage teenager too think they have an idea when it comes to relationship talks. It is not neccessary you comment and if you must do,do that with your brain intact.
I wasn't comparing tv with female,I was citing and example.next time when you want to quote someone,make sure you have a clear understanding of the subject matter,what you are quoting and how well to respond.
Imagine you are even still a young lad who doesn't know or have the full context of what a relationship is. I won't entertain your quote any longer so keep whatever you want to say to yourself

On the bolded, it is obvious you were not properly trained. I won't insult your parent but don't make the mistake a second time,you will get what you are trying to bargain for I promise you
So annoying when you see kids commenting on a post they don't understand.
worst of it all they keep arguing with their nonsense points of view.
Nice one on that kid.
Re: 5 Reasons To Button Up Till Marriage by felixomor: 7:56am On May 20, 2017
Some people that gave up their virginity early seem so pained by the article.

It doesn't have to be so smiley
Even if u have given up your virginity, you can still button up

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons To Button Up Till Marriage by Nobody: 10:41am On May 20, 2017
felixomor:

Great Thread, Lilyqueeny Keep it Up.

thanks
Re: 5 Reasons To Button Up Till Marriage by Nobody: 10:43am On May 20, 2017
jashar:
Lilyqueeny. kiss

Mind not the haters, you have spoken well.

To all those comparing human beings to appliances, I don't blame you. I blame the people that chose to sleep with you. tongue

thanks dear
Re: 5 Reasons To Button Up Till Marriage by Nobody: 10:44am On May 20, 2017
Limescale:
Op Bravo wink

thanks
Re: 5 Reasons To Button Up Till Marriage by Nobody: 11:10am On May 20, 2017
Mementoes:

Ok.
How do you think two people can verify their sexual compatibility before marriage given these points you have raised?

The primary problem with this notion of sexual chemistry is that it focuses sex on pleasure and performance.

Contrary to what Hollywood may suggest, great sex (which is a good, God-honoring thing) isn't the pinnacle of humanity's existence.

Sex was created for man, but man was not created for sex.

God gave sex as a gift to be exclusively enjoyed by a husband and wife as a means of loving, caring, serving, honoring, and enjoying each other in marriage.

So sexual compatibility between a married couple comes neither from ecstasy (how good the sex is) nor frequency (how often you have it) but mainly from intimacy, which occurs as love, trust, security, and respect deepen through the longevity of a monogamous, self-giving, covenant relationship.

Lifelong commitment is something our culture struggles to understand and uphold.

If “soulmates” should be tried out sexually, then what was intended for marriage gets ripped from its original context and instead becomes a litmus test for vague, fleeting feelings of compatibility and connection.

But this selfish objectification, which involves viewing another as a tool made to meet our sexual standards, has never been God's design for finding a spouse.

In the first marriage account, God declared it's “not good for man to be alone” (Gen. 2:18 ).

So he gave Adam a wife. He didn't give him his own reality show where he could meet Erin, Erica, Emma, and Eliza in order to discover which one would be sexually compatible.

He gave Adam one woman, with whom he'd never had sex, and called him to love her for the rest of his life. Why did God do this? Because, in his perfect wisdom, he didn't design the purpose of marriage to be about great sex with the perfect person but about a lifetime of serving and staying with the inevitably imperfect person you've vowed to love.

I've learned that true sexual compatibility, if we must call it that, happens when two people commit themselves first to God, and then to each other. This covenant commitment affords an opportunity for a husband and wife to unconditionally serve and love the way Jesus loves his bride, the church (Eph. 5:22-33 ).

Marriage is a journey in which two incompatible, selfish sinners learn to become one. There will thus be multiple things—including sex—that both parties will have to figure out together along the way.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sex Party For Only Nl Babes & Clean Guys, No Cams Pls. / Who Mumu Pass? (pics) / All You Nairaland Boys Should Stop Sending Me Mails Pls, I Am Taken.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.