Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,057 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

5 Reasons To Button Up Till Marriage - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 5 Reasons To Button Up Till Marriage (2267 Views)

Why Is It That Women In Their 30s Claim No Sex Till Marriage? / 26-Year-Old Virgin Lady Decides To Remain So Till Marriage (Photos) / 10 Reasons Why Most Ladies Will Never Remain Virgins Till Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons To Button Up Till Marriage by Nobody: 11:16am On May 20, 2017
op explain 5..how does sex affect brain..inukwa
Re: 5 Reasons To Button Up Till Marriage by nery4u(m): 2:35pm On May 20, 2017
There are numerous Scriptures that declare sex before marriage to be a sin (Acts 15:20; 1 Corinthians 5:1; 6:13, 18; 10:8; 2 Corinthians 12:21; Galatians 5:19; Ephesians 5:3; Colossians 3:5; 1 Thessalonians 4:3; Jude 7). The Bible promotes complete abstinence before marriage. Sex between a husband and his wife is the only form of sexual relations of which God approves (Hebrews 13:4).

Re: 5 Reasons To Button Up Till Marriage by Samkeniyy(m): 3:26pm On May 20, 2017
Mementoes:

Ok.
How do you think two people can verify their sexual compatibility before marriage given these points you have raised?
What rubbish are you verifying. Are you telling me God brought Eve to Adam to sample First before in the garden of Eden. If you are a Christian, stop going to church. It's a waste of your time. You can use your offering and tithe to get olosho every Sunday.
Re: 5 Reasons To Button Up Till Marriage by Samkeniyy(m): 3:26pm On May 20, 2017
Mementoes:

Ok.
How do you think two people can verify their sexual compatibility before marriage given these points you have raised?
What rubbish are you verifying. Are you telling me God brought Eve to Adam to sample first in the garden of Eden. If you are a Christian, stop going to church. It's a waste of your time. You can use your offering and tithe to get olosho every Sunday.
Re: 5 Reasons To Button Up Till Marriage by Samkeniyy(m): 5:00pm On May 20, 2017
... OVERCOMING Temptations before Marriage

If you're interested in keeping sex out of your relationship, or you're having challenges keeping your hands to yourself whenever you're alone together, i think you should read and borrow this idea, if it doesn't work i wouldn't have shared;
I have this amazing friend Jayson:
He's been dating this girl Ella for more than a year now on the low and they're both strong believers in the Word. The thing is that Ella is one of those incredibly sexy sisters that speak in tongues, you know what i mean, and Jay is gorgeously cute too, every time they're alone together it's difficult for them to keep their hands to themselves, they were always doing touching touching, you know how you people use to do it, so don't look at me with that eyes. Many times from touching body it will enter deep romance before the Holy Ghost slaps them back to their senses.
For believers who have been in this sort of 'near sex' situations before you know how unworthy it can make you feel, Jesus-guilt will nearly kill you two, the next time you want to approach God in prayer you'll just be dragging your feet, because you know hmmm "Lord, that thing i apologized for last week i have done it again, to talk sorry now is harding me", uhmmmm, you know right? That was what Jayson and Ella use to feel, they were no way comfortable about it at all because it was slowly killing their love walk with God. They were still both active workers in church though, it didn't stop their service to God, but you know when your father is not too happy with you if you like polish all the shoes in his cupboard and wash his old Guinea brocade he will just be looking at you with one kind of eye. When other people are shouting 'Amen' during prophesy you cannot shout well because your case is different, hehehehe, and the worse thing about this situation is that the devil will just take advantage and be doing you any how, when you try to shout Amen he'll just appear from nowhere and be like "see this one, you that somebody almost removed your pant yesterday, shout Amen let me see" ... Oh Lord! We must kill this devil guy one day, he's not encouraging at all.
So here's what Jay and Ella did;
They both made a plan.
And the plan was simple.
To stop visiting each other's house every time.
They both agreed to be spending more of their time together outside of the house than stay in. They learnt how to use the Church as an advantage; first they meet at Church on Sundays, spend time together after service and maybe walk each other home; at midweek services on weekdays too; they had different unit meeting days, when Jay felt the need to see Ella he'll go to church after work and wait for her to finish her departmental fellowship, this helped him too, because while he waited for her he will always use the opportunity to spend some quiet time with God. Many times they both join the Church evangelism team on weekends, not only are they leading other people to Christ, the bonding experience they share doing God's job together with other people is exciting, guys you have no idea, that's how well they used the church to bless their relationship.
I know by now you're thinking "haba, so they won't visit each other at all?" , all this children of Abraham!
So here's the interesting part;
They agreed to have one weekend in a month where she either comes over to his house, or Jayson visits her. But it came with a small condition.
Before now what they do is to plan visits when nobody is around, so they can have the whole house to themselves and enjoy their life, Hehehe listen guys, this is exactly what the devil wants, Me+You+High Emotions, don't give him that opportunity to mess you up.
Ella and Jay agreed to visit each other only when there's a third person in the house, it was either a brother or sister was around, parent's where home, or a friend came around to hangout too, you're getting the trick now right?
The idea is that they were never alone, and if they were never alone it means they was no room for deep romance or sex. These guys were clever mehn, best they could do was to rest on each other while watching a movie, sit close, cross legs or something, you know, they could still share come physical intimacy, only that this time there was a limit, their respect for God will first of all humble them, and then the presence of the third person in the house will make them behave.
This is a great love idea you can borrow, beyond studying the Word and speaking in tongues, this is a practical way you can help keep your relationship godly... And do you know one beautiful thing about making an effort to serve God in your relationship? He never leaves you alone to do it all by yourself, because He sees your intentions, He'll always support you, always always, all little David needed was a catapult, and God provided support by turning the stone into a missile, so find a way to keep sex out of your relationship, plan a system that works, and God will provide support, why won't He? The key is to be with a partner that clearly understands the goal, one who is willing to agree with you, that's all you need.
Did anybody catch this sweet stuff?
#ConfessionsOfAGoodMan -Mr. Abhyacintho

cc: lalasticlala, mynd44

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons To Button Up Till Marriage by Theoigios(m): 6:06pm On May 20, 2017
Ajewealth123:
what was your jamb score? Did you pass? All these nuisance underage teenager too think they have an idea when it comes to relationship talks. It is not neccessary you comment and if you must do,do that with your brain intact.
I wasn't comparing tv with female,I was citing and example.next time when you want to quote someone,make sure you have a clear understanding of the subject matter,what you are quoting and how well to respond.
Imagine you are even still a young lad who doesn't know or have the full context of what a relationship is. I won't entertain your quote any longer so keep whatever you want to say to yourself

On the bolded, it is obvious you were not properly trained. I won't insult your parent but don't make the mistake a second time,you will get what you are trying to bargain for I promise you

lol, i leave you to your stupidity, we aint mates.
On the other hand i am not a jambite neither am i a teenager.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons To Button Up Till Marriage by Quinn22(f): 6:20pm On May 20, 2017
Asin! The guy is just dumb as Bleep cheesy grin
Theoigios:

And you would have been using your mouth to pass out urine..
Re: 5 Reasons To Button Up Till Marriage by Theoigios(m): 6:30pm On May 20, 2017
Cleopatra4:

So annoying when you see kids commenting on a post they don't understand.
worst of it all they keep arguing with their nonsense points of view.
Nice one on that kid.

that's cool, appears you are on the same stupidity level with him.
it also appear that you also have nonsense to spew too, go on, i'm all ears.
i am tired of having to correct ill-trained adults,maturity is not determined by age, so is knowledge.
Re: 5 Reasons To Button Up Till Marriage by Nobody: 6:52pm On May 20, 2017
Samkeniyy:

What rubbish are you verifying. Are you telling me God brought Eve to Adam to sample First before in the garden of Eden. If you are a Christian, stop going to church. It's a waste of your time. You can use your offering anzd tithe to get olosho every Sunday.
I didn't quote you, self righteous idiot.

I asked the question to update my knowledge. This is clearly between me and the OP.
Re: 5 Reasons To Button Up Till Marriage by Nobody: 7:01pm On May 20, 2017
Lilyqueeny:

The primary problem with this notion of sexual chemistry is that it focuses sex on pleasure and performance.

Contrary to what Hollywood may suggest, great sex (which is a good, God-honoring thing) isn't the pinnacle of humanity's existence.

Sex was created for man, but man was not created for sex.

God gave sex as a gift to be exclusively enjoyed by a husband and wife as a means of loving, caring, serving, honoring, and enjoying each other in marriage.

So sexual compatibility between a married couple comes neither from ecstasy (how good the sex is) nor frequency (how often you have it) but mainly from intimacy, which occurs as love, trust, security, and respect deepen through the longevity of a monogamous, self-giving, covenant relationship.

Lifelong commitment is something our culture struggles to understand and uphold.

If “soulmates” should be tried out sexually, then what was intended for marriage gets ripped from its original context and instead becomes a litmus test for vague, fleeting feelings of compatibility and connection.

But this selfish objectification, which involves viewing another as a tool made to meet our sexual standards, has never been God's design for finding a spouse.

In the first marriage account, God declared it's “not good for man to be alone” (Gen. 2:18 ).

So he gave Adam a wife. He didn't give him his own reality show where he could meet Erin, Erica, Emma, and Eliza in order to discover which one would be sexually compatible.

He gave Adam one woman, with whom he'd never had sex, and called him to love her for the rest of his life. Why did God do this? Because, in his perfect wisdom, he didn't design the purpose of marriage to be about great sex with the perfect person but about a lifetime of serving and staying with the inevitably imperfect person you've vowed to love.

I've learned that true sexual compatibility, if we must call it that, happens when two people commit themselves first to God, and then to each other. This covenant commitment affords an opportunity for a husband and wife to unconditionally serve and love the way Jesus loves his bride, the church (Eph. 5:22-33 ).

Marriage is a journey in which two incompatible, selfish sinners learn to become one. There will thus be multiple things—including sex—that both parties will have to figure out together along the way.

Thanks for this concise response.
Re: 5 Reasons To Button Up Till Marriage by Cleopatra4(f): 7:03pm On May 20, 2017
Theoigios:

that's cool, appears you are on the same stupidity level with him.
it also appear that you also have nonsense to spew too, go on, i'm all ears.
i am tired of having to correct ill-trained adults,maturity is not determined by age, so is knowledge.
Clap for yourself....
Re: 5 Reasons To Button Up Till Marriage by Nobody: 7:03pm On May 20, 2017
Mementoes:
Thanks for this concise response.

you are welcome

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons To Button Up Till Marriage by Samkeniyy(m): 8:19pm On May 20, 2017
Mementoes:

I didn't quote you, self righteous idiot.

I asked the question to update my knowledge. This is clearly between me and the OP.
You should be ashamed of yourself. You are judging yourself already. As for the simple advice, take it or leave it. You know within yourself that you are one of the nitwits and ignoramus spoiling those girls. Okokokpanya
Re: 5 Reasons To Button Up Till Marriage by Nobody: 8:26pm On May 20, 2017
Samkeniyy:

You should be ashamed of yourself. You are judging yourself already. As for the simple advice, take it or leave it. You know within yourself that you are one of the nitwits and ignoramus spoiling those girls. Okokokpanya
Get off my mention. I blame myself for dignifying your stupid comment with a response sef.
The way you jump to conclusions show that you are a brain-dead kid.
Re: 5 Reasons To Button Up Till Marriage by Samkeniyy(m): 9:09pm On May 20, 2017

Get off my mention. I blame myself for dignifying your stupid comment with a response sef.
The way you jump to conclusions show that you are a brain-dead kid.
I can't even believe that I was wasting my time responding to a Nobody. Nincompoop

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nairalanders Drop Their Singles About Airforce1 And His Ways / SingleDad Vs IamKashybaby / Ways To Fix Your Wife!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.