Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,720 members, 7,816,964 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:28 PM

Is This The Future? (photos) - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is This The Future? (photos) (14996 Views)

Does God Really Know The Future? / How Atheist See The Future Vs How Christians See It / Kukah: I’ve Never Been As Unsure About The Future Of This Country As I Am Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This The Future? (photos) by Pastafarian: 1:24pm On May 23, 2017
ilynem:

Let's not hope it gets to that grin
I'll give my left nut for it to get to that but I hope it doesn't degenerate to the level it degenerated to days back
Re: Is This The Future? (photos) by Nobody: 1:24pm On May 23, 2017
spacetacular:

Well science has neither proven homosexuality to be natural nor has it been proven to be unnatural. However behavioral analysts have come to see that environment and exposure plays a major role.

If you leave a kid (male or female) in the midst of People with msm or gay tendencies then it's likely that "by choice" under constant assurances of it being an "okay" kind of life these kids could become gay, bisexual or lesbian "by choice".

It's like smoking or alcoholism. Nobody is born an alcoholic or a smoker. It is learned by choice and such choices are gotten via assurance based exposure.

Freud himself had alluded to homosexuality numerous times in his writings, and had concluded that paranoia and homosexuality were inseparable.

Other psychiatrists wrote copiously on the subject, and homosexuality was “treated” on a wide basis. There was little or no suggestion within the psychiatric community that homosexuality might be conceptualized as anything other than a mental illness that needed to be treated. And, of course, homosexuality was listed as a mental illness in DSM-II. (The DSM is the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual which is the APA’s standard classification of their so-called mental disorders, and is used by many mental health workers in the USA and other countries.)

Then in 1970 gay activists protested against the APA convention in San Francisco. These scenes were repeated in 1971, and as people came out of the “closet” and felt empowered politically and socially, the APA directorate became increasingly uncomfortable with their stance. In 1973 the APA’s nomenclature task force recommended that homosexuality be declared normal.

What’s noteworthy about this is that the removal of homosexuality from the list of mental illnesses was not triggered by some scientific breakthrough. There was no new fact or set of facts that stimulated this major change. Rather, it was the simple reality that gay people started to kick up a fuss. They gained a voice and began to make themselves heard.

You can say that geese are swans but in reality they’re still geese. APA chose to fold under pressure from the gay community and voted that there is no mental illness attached to homosexuality and that was without any scientific evidence backing this up but simply to save themselves from exposing their errors in social taxonomy.

Till today a lot of gay, lesbians, homosexual, bisexual etc people have "by choice" stopped being such. Why? It's because they also "by choice" submitted to mental manipulation and perverting that which was right. That to me is mental illness because even they came to realise that it was a wrong depraved choice and chose otherwise.

Same confused set of scientists now brought another known as paraphilia which is a depravity closely linked with homosexuality and often time crossing each other and they say this is a mental illness and went ahead to term them "personality disorders and certain other nonpsychotic mental disorders" yet will not specify which is which simply because they wish to sit on the fence and try not to offend the gay community.

homosexuality can't be by choice if it was once seen as a mental illness. nobody chooses to be mentally ill

some psychologists also claim it doesn't meet the definition of mental illness cos for it to count as a mental disorder it has to cause distress to the patient and prevent them from living normal life. I guess that's why pedophiles get jail term instead of treatment. what s your opinion on this also catfishbilly I need your opinion too.
Re: Is This The Future? (photos) by analice107: 1:24pm On May 23, 2017
Pastafarian:

and you're yet to backup this accusation of yours with evidence
I don't even need to exhumes threads, (something i have not learned to do), right here in this thread, you have said it over and over.

Animals have sex with each other, why shouldn't you. Eweeeee.
Re: Is This The Future? (photos) by Akiintom: 1:28pm On May 23, 2017
CatfishBilly:

They also forget that there are people who are asexual.
No sexual​ urge whatsoever and they were born like that.
Is that one also not natural and a sin according to the Bible?

Bro, that must have been a curse from ancestral demon. Such a man must have come from a family of rapist.

As a punishment, Yahweh made him asexual!

If you doubt me, ask Dr olukoya of MFM.
Re: Is This The Future? (photos) by Akiintom: 1:31pm On May 23, 2017
spacetacular:

Science never said homosexuality is natural. A vote did in 1973.
And the voters were -

*pastors,
*bishops,
* cardinals,
*imams and
*apostle Sulieman?
Re: Is This The Future? (photos) by ilynem(m): 1:31pm On May 23, 2017
Pastafarian:

I'll give my left nut for it to get to that but I hope it doesn't degenerate to the level it degenerated to days back
No one needs your left nut. Please keep it undecided
Re: Is This The Future? (photos) by bennyann: 1:32pm On May 23, 2017
CatfishBilly:

The "animals do it" example is to debunk the "It's not natural" opinion. Simple.
If it's not natural, then animals shouldn't be doing it.

This sound as though you're saying whatever is natural to the animals should be natural with humans.
Re: Is This The Future? (photos) by analice107: 1:32pm On May 23, 2017
spacetacular:

Well science has neither proven homosexuality to be natural nor has it been proven to be unnatural. However behavioral analysts have come to see that environment and exposure plays a major role.

If you leave a kid (male or female) in the midst of People with msm or gay tendencies then it's likely that "by choice" under constant assurances of it being an "okay" kind of life these kids could become gay, bisexual or lesbian "by choice".

It's like smoking or alcoholism. Nobody is born an alcoholic or a smoker. It is learned by choice and such choices are gotten via assurance based exposure.

Freud himself had alluded to homosexuality numerous times in his writings, and had concluded that paranoia and homosexuality were inseparable.

Other psychiatrists wrote copiously on the subject, and homosexuality was “treated” on a wide basis. There was little or no suggestion within the psychiatric community that homosexuality might be conceptualized as anything other than a mental illness that needed to be treated. And, of course, homosexuality was listed as a mental illness in DSM-II. (The DSM is the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual which is the APA’s standard classification of their so-called mental disorders, and is used by many mental health workers in the USA and other countries.)

Then in 1970 gay activists protested against the APA convention in San Francisco. These scenes were repeated in 1971, and as people came out of the “closet” and felt empowered politically and socially, the APA directorate became increasingly uncomfortable with their stance. In 1973 the APA’s nomenclature task force recommended that homosexuality be declared normal.

What’s noteworthy about this is that the removal of homosexuality from the list of mental illnesses was not triggered by some scientific breakthrough. There was no new fact or set of facts that stimulated this major change. Rather, it was the simple reality that gay people started to kick up a fuss. They gained a voice and began to make themselves heard.

You can say that geese are swans but in reality they’re still geese. APA chose to fold under pressure from the gay community and voted that there is no mental illness attached to homosexuality and that was without any scientific evidence backing this up but simply to save themselves from exposing their errors in social taxonomy.

Till today a lot of gay, lesbians, homosexual, bisexual etc people have "by choice" stopped being such. Why? It's because they also "by choice" submitted to mental manipulation and perverting that which was right. That to me is mental illness because even they came to realise that it was a wrong depraved choice and chose otherwise.

Same confused set of scientists now brought another known as paraphilia which is a depravity closely linked with homosexuality and often time crossing each other and they say this is a mental illness and went ahead to term them "personality disorders and certain other nonpsychotic mental disorders" yet will not specify which is which simply because they wish to sit on the fence and try not to offend the gay community.
Now this is what am talking about.

Cc: Akiintom, pastaferian, ilynem, CatfishBilly.

But anyone who comes in here with insults, let his fingers become norm.
Re: Is This The Future? (photos) by Pastafarian: 1:32pm On May 23, 2017
i like how you spill accusations with nothing backing it up, like you're a mindreader or sump'n

analice107:

You debate the book because you have personal disgust for God, so you see everything the book says as bias, when you your stance is also bias.
I see no reason to regard the book as nothing more than a badly written storybook, there are theists that also debate the book so it's not an atheist thing

You are biased because the book is against it. If the Bible is not against it, you'll see it as wrong

So, if am biased, that makes the two of us.
this is absolutely wrong on so many levels
the Bible shares my opinion on so many things

Even when i keep saying homosexuality runs against nature, you refuse to see that, you focus on the Bible.
you talked about reproduction and I said they can reproduce, you talked about them being separate and I also showed they can still reproduce, you then said they should stand by their choice and not reproduce which made me question how that doesn't fit in with Bisexuality and you then said the thought of that alone repels you, just as I expected and said many times over on this thread

If the world is all homosexuals, how do we continue?
ivf
Re: Is This The Future? (photos) by spacetacular(f): 1:33pm On May 23, 2017
Pastafarian:
I forsee another popcorn time coming

Go get yourself some Popcorn then.

The fact is that because Behavioral science has not been accepted as being purely scientific whatever they say is regarded as rubbish especially there are many ways they can use to arrive at their conclusion which unlike pure science requires strict guidelines.

Behavioral science fields like psychology, social neuroscience ethology, and cognitive science are either seen as emerging science or totally "messy" in approach to facts so are often easily disregarded.

However even you know that if you take a human as a baby and place him in the midst of wolves for years he will start acting like wolves "by choice" and not that it came naturally to him as a human.

Same thing goes to homosexuality.
Re: Is This The Future? (photos) by Nobody: 1:33pm On May 23, 2017
CatfishBilly:

So, homosexual behavior in animals was also caused by humankind?

No. It is caused by low intelligence.

Homosexuality in human is probably man made
Re: Is This The Future? (photos) by Pastafarian: 1:35pm On May 23, 2017
analice107:

I don't even need to exhumes threads, (something i have not learned to do), right here in this thread, you have said it over and over.

then it should be very easy for you to show me where I said the below

"what was wrong with a man having sex with his dog if he loves his dog."
Re: Is This The Future? (photos) by spacetacular(f): 1:36pm On May 23, 2017
proudafrogal:

homosexuality can't be by choice if it was once seen as a mental illness. nobody chooses to be mentally ill

Those engaged in it never knew it to be unnatural so the thought of it being a mental illness was not in their scope of reasoning. They chose to become msm or gay or lesbians etc but also knew they were not born that way but became so somewhere along the journey of their lives.

That point of change was when they made the choice under a certain conditioned mind or environment which even they know.
Re: Is This The Future? (photos) by analice107: 1:38pm On May 23, 2017
Pastafarian:
i like how you spill accusations with nothing backing it up, like you're a mindreader or sump'n

I see no reason to regard the book as nothing more than a badly written storybook, there are theists that also debate the book so it's not an atheist thing

this is absolutely wrong on so many levels
the Bible shares my opinion on so many things
you talked about reproduction and I said they can reproduce, you talked about them being separate and I also showed they can still reproduce, you then said they should stand by their choice and not reproduce which made me question how that doesn't fit in with Bisexuality and you then said the thought of that alone repels you, just as I expected and said many times over on this thread

ivf
You mean if we were all men having intercourse with fellow men or fellow women, we will have babies through IVF?

What are you even saying?

1 Like

Re: Is This The Future? (photos) by Superpower(m): 1:38pm On May 23, 2017
spacetacular:

The fact is that because Behavioral science has not been accepted as being purely scientific whatever they say is regarded as rubbish especially there are many ways they can use to arrive at their conclusion which unlike pure science requires strict guidelines.

Behavioral science fields like psychology, social neuroscience ethology, and cognitive science are either seen as emerging science or totally "messy" in approach to facts so are often easily disregarded.

However even you know that if you take a human as a baby and place him in the midst of wolves for years he will start acting like wolves "by choice" and not that it came naturally to him as a human.

Same thing goes to homosexuality.
are you trying to say growing up around gay people is the cause of homosexuality
Re: Is This The Future? (photos) by Nobody: 1:39pm On May 23, 2017
spacetacular:

Those engaged in it never knew it to be unnatural so the thought of it being a mental illness was not in their scope of reasoning. They chose to become msm or gay or lesbians etc but also knew they were not born that way but became so somewhere along the journey of their lives.

That point of change was when they made the choice under a certain conditioned mind or environment which even they know.

I modified my comment please you can also comment on that.
Re: Is This The Future? (photos) by Pastafarian: 1:40pm On May 23, 2017
analice107:

You mean if we were all men having intercourse with fellow men or fellow women, we will have babies through IVF?

What are you even saying?

sex between a man and a woman isn't necessary for pregnancy
Re: Is This The Future? (photos) by analice107: 1:40pm On May 23, 2017
Pastafarian:

then it should be very easy for you to show me where I said the below

"what was wrong with a man having sex with his dog if he loves his dog."
You said that in a thread last year.

1 Like

Re: Is This The Future? (photos) by Akiintom: 1:41pm On May 23, 2017
spacetacular:

M
Now easy........ I introduced fields of knowledge into this discussion.

I never said behavioural science, but BEHAVIOURAL NEUROSCIENCE. This field is scientific in every sense of scientific knowledge.

This is the field that has successfully stimulated vision, trance and dreams in the laboratory.

There are research works from this field that has taking our understanding of the human mind, to height so amazingly awesome.
Re: Is This The Future? (photos) by Nobody: 1:42pm On May 23, 2017
CatfishBilly:

I've already explained this and why it shouldn't be.
Killing is also natural, but I've explained why it's wrong.
You still haven't dropped an irrefutable reason why Homosexuality is wrong, everything​ that you've brought has been shut down.

I agree with you that homosexuality is not wrong.
Re: Is This The Future? (photos) by spacetacular(f): 1:42pm On May 23, 2017
Superpower:
quote author=spacetacular post=56798579]

Same thing goes to homosexuality. are you trying to say growing up around gay people is the cause of homosexuality

No. I am not saying that growing up among gay people can make one gay at all times but it happens often and that in itself proves that homosexuality does not come naturally especially if one can become gay under a controlled environment same way one can become a smoker, an alcoholic, a serial killer, a paedophile etc.

Under the right environment people can become such so how then does natural depravity come in?
Re: Is This The Future? (photos) by Nobody: 1:44pm On May 23, 2017
spacetacular:

Read:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/unfundamentalistchristians/2017/01/i-was-wrong-about-homosexuality/
Re: Is This The Future? (photos) by Superpower(m): 1:46pm On May 23, 2017
spacetacular:

No. I am not saying that growing up among gay people can make one gay at all times but it happens often and that in itself proves that homosexuality does not come naturally especially if one can become gay under a controlled environment same way one can become a smoker, an alcoholic, a serial killer, a paedophile etc.

Under the right environment people can become such so how then does natural depravity come in?
do you have any statistic on how often this happens
Re: Is This The Future? (photos) by Nobody: 1:47pm On May 23, 2017
analice107:

Read:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/unfundamentalistchristians/2017/01/i-was-wrong-about-homosexuality/
Re: Is This The Future? (photos) by analice107: 1:51pm On May 23, 2017
Pastafarian:

sex between a man and a woman isn't necessary for pregnancy
But it's necessary for a male and a female to provide certain stuff from them for the production of a baby?

Scientists are helping the depraved out doesn't mean they no longer require a male and a female to be involved in procreation.

It talks two to Tango. Without an egg from the female, and sperms from the male, they won't be any baby in any Lab.
Re: Is This The Future? (photos) by Superpower(m): 1:51pm On May 23, 2017
spacetacular:

what about gay people that grew up without beign exposed to any form of homosexuality.how did they become gay
Re: Is This The Future? (photos) by Pastafarian: 1:52pm On May 23, 2017
analice107:

It talks two to Tango. Without an egg from the female, and sperms from the male, they won't be any baby in any Lab.

which they don't need to have sex together in order to get
Re: Is This The Future? (photos) by frank317: 1:53pm On May 23, 2017
ilynem:

But you do realise that the kind of environment your child grows in plays a huge part in his or her sexual orientation?

yes i realize and trust me, its quite scary. I hope the act is not so much by choice as they say.

But really if people wanna sleep with same sex, how does affect us. I still think the act, despite being disgusting, hurts no one
Re: Is This The Future? (photos) by Nobody: 1:54pm On May 23, 2017
Superpower:
what about gay people that grew up without beign exposed to any form of homosexuality.how did they become gay

Being gay is their sexual orientation. It is encoded in their DNA probably by the devil grin

They are gonna rot in hell anyway grin grin
Re: Is This The Future? (photos) by analice107: 1:54pm On May 23, 2017
Pastafarian:

which they don't need to have sex together in order to get
Yeah, but still takes two, and the two won't be Adam and Steve or Eve and Evon.
Re: Is This The Future? (photos) by Pastafarian: 1:54pm On May 23, 2017
ilynem:
No one needs your left nut. Please keep it undecided
internet slang
Re: Is This The Future? (photos) by Pastafarian: 1:55pm On May 23, 2017
analice107:

Yeah, but still takes two, and the two won't be Adam and Steve or Eve and Evon.
still doesn't negate the fact that Adam doesn't need to even see Eve in order to have children with Eve

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Two Things You Need To Know As A Jehovah's Witness! / Horrifying Things About Sabbath Churches. Pls Share Your Experiences.... / Specific Biblical Prayers For Interpreted Dreams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.