Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,049 members, 7,810,878 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:33 PM

Why Do Nigerian Women Not Respect The Men? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Nigerian Women Not Respect The Men? (2002 Views)

Signs Your Woman Does Not Respect You / Are Women Not Also Responsible For Making Men Irresponsible? / Why are Women Not Crazy About Tall Men? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerian Women Not Respect The Men? by ohisng(m): 3:08pm On Jan 14, 2010
Why do Naija females not respect the men? They act like they are the men in the r/ship and dont want the stress of being accountable to a person. My opinion? If you do not want to be accountable to anyone, get the heck out of the r/ship!
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Not Respect The Men? by chibenwa(m): 3:12pm On Jan 14, 2010
sure,u are right u know.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Not Respect The Men? by freecocoa(f): 3:46pm On Jan 14, 2010
Accountable to u say because na u dey help me cross road,acountable ko acounchair ni.agba ya.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Not Respect The Men? by THEAMAKA(f): 3:56pm On Jan 14, 2010
so you've dated most Nigerian women? and if so, are you sure you aren't the problem? and if that's not the case, how did you come to this conclusion that most nigerian women dont respect the men? or have you been watching too many nollywood movies, please explain.

if anything, naija ladies put up with too much due to the culture, so that's the way it is

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Not Respect The Men? by bkoy: 3:59pm On Jan 14, 2010
My opinion? If you do not want to be accountable to anyone, get the heck out of the r/ship!

Why you telling us your opinin? Keep it to yourself AND i don't think all Naija ladies are like that,
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Not Respect The Men? by leadteam: 11:11pm On Jun 11, 2010
it's not opinion. It is fact with the exce
Most, I mean most Nigerian women are not submissive or respect man. They are very rude, insulting and saucy especially if they are working class.
1. Go ask the men that have women has BOSSes .
2. A Nigerian girl will just size u up , size up ur pocket before she dates you
3. So arrogant in their approach as u can see a lot of example in nairaland
4. Will believe they are equal to the man or above him
5. will want to make decision instead of listening to the man
6. Want to rule the house
7. Want to be the one to wear the trousers in the house
8. They want to dictate the pace of things, decide the eatery to eat in, decide the kind of wedding, without minding the man's ability

I have gotten the opportunity to see how women from Ghana, Liberia, Sierra Leonne regardless of Gambia treat men. U will be so humbled and happy to be a man.

We need to learn how to take care of ur men
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Not Respect The Men? by ITgurlie(f): 11:21pm On Jun 11, 2010
@ poster I think you don't know what you're talking about undecided undecided Your topic should have been vice versa

Nigerian women take a lot of s**t from the men, our culture has made them more respectful than women from other countries smiley smiley
So don't judge by what you watch or read, maybe when you get married you'll know more lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Not Respect The Men? by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:54am On Jun 12, 2010
@ topic, its just a reverse form of inferiority complex from women. a lot of women were raised to think that they were in competition with men, as such that engenders all the attitudes of superiority masked as equality. "what a man can do bla bla bla, that statement is the dumbest ever, what bearing does it have to do with anything, men and women are competing now? for what? our worlds are differenttssssk

cast your mind back to schooling days and the girls who were academically competitive, do you remember the attitude and fierce competitive thing esp with the boys, like she had something to prove?
applies mostly to daughters of spiteful, hurt women and single mothers

As an aside, may i ask the question why women feel that in a position of authority, the males have issues with working with them or receiving orders from them?

i say this because i noticed this everyday around me, the women just behave stereotypically about how
the male doesnt want to be under me thingy, it doesnt work like that!!,

the male just wanna size you up first b4 knowing the way to approach working with you. when you start the "devil wears prada" routine without prompting, they compartmentalize you along with other she-devils and act as required
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Not Respect The Men? by Pweety4me(f): 7:04am On Jun 12, 2010
Stop The generalisation abeg. . .& don't u know dat some men like there women 2 be in-control? tongue grin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Not Respect The Men? by Jaideyone(m): 7:15am On Jun 12, 2010
^^u're right. There's no big deal about it. As long as there's peace in d relationship. Why should u be the one to tell her what to do and when to it? I'm not her father neither are we married.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Not Respect The Men? by iice(f): 9:24am On Jun 12, 2010
Case of the pot calling the kettle cheesy
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Not Respect The Men? by german007(m): 11:27am On Jun 12, 2010
@Poster.

Interesting topic, But I strongly disagree with your view.

In my opinion, it is infact the reverse, Most Nigerian men do not respect their women.

Very important for a woman to have a level of control in a relationship/marriage and for her to be able to express her feelings/opinions/views about any aspect of their relationship/marriage without fear. (Fear which eventually damages her self-esteem and self-confidence).

Most Nigerian men begin to call a woman who freely expresses her opinions/views/feelings a DISRESPECTFUL WOMAN.

cool cool
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Not Respect The Men? by femmy2010(m): 11:27am On Jun 12, 2010
We feel a lady dis-respective when we allow the two Influence to clash in our heart.(Western and our Local one).
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Not Respect The Men? by baussy(f): 1:13pm On Jun 12, 2010
My man ain't complaining so i know am doing something rite but anywayz,if you want respect then u've gat to earn it not just sit on ur dumb asses and xpect it to be given to u on a platter of gold. The way i see it some guyz dnt respect their babes & then u want them to kiss ur asses or ask u how high when u say jump, Hell no man fink again grin. U get the respect if u've earned it & also learn to respect ur chicks as well then all will be well,
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Not Respect The Men? by gowaga68: 4:09pm On Jun 12, 2010
ITgurlie:

@ poster I think you don't know what you're talking about undecided undecided Your topic should have been vice versa

Nigerian women take a lot of s**t from the men, our culture has made them more respectful than women from other countries smiley smiley
So don't judge by what you watch or read, maybe when you get married you'll know more lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
that comment make me feel some how.

baussy:

My man ain't complaining so i know am doing something rite but anywayz,if you want respect then u've gat to earn it not just sit on your dumb asses and xpect it to be given to u on a platter of gold. The way i see it some guyz dnt respect their babes & then u want them to kiss your asses or ask u how high when u say jump, Hell no man fink again grin. U get the respect if u've earned it & also learn to respect your chicks as well then all will be well,

good for you ,keep the good work.

@ Poster may be you read or you are saying of women out of Africa. so go check ur book well again. sad
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Not Respect The Men? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jun 12, 2010
What more do you want? You want them to worship and kiss your feet everyday? Wake up son.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Not Respect The Men? by KennyG6(m): 5:03pm On Jun 12, 2010
oh dear another Naija men vs women thread!!!
****am outta here***
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Not Respect The Men? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jun 12, 2010
It's true, AND IT'S AFFECTING THEM (Ladies) SO LEAVE THEM WITH THEIR PROBLEM AS YOU CAN EVEN SEE HOW THEY ARE ACTING TO THE POST.

NO WONDER MOST OF THEM KEEPS SAYING THEY'VE NOT SEEN THEIR MR RIGHT AND GUYS PREFER USING THEM AND DUMP THEM BLA BLA BLA , WHY WOULD THEY MEET THEIR MR RIGHT WHEN THEY ARE NOT RESPECTFUL AND SUBMISSIVE AND WHICH GUY WOULD GET SETTLED WITH A SPOILT GIRL?.

BUNCH OF -------------
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Not Respect The Men? by Iranoladun(f): 5:57pm On Jun 12, 2010
Lots of Nigerian women are respectful & submissive (sometimes to a fault). Most women that I know have been brainwashed to believe that their husbands are mini-god to be revered & worship

On the other hand, if you want accountability then be prepared to give same, respect beget respect. If you are not the one wearing the pant its difficult to demand accountability or to earn respect!
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Not Respect The Men? by queeneve: 7:05pm On Jun 12, 2010
I am SO FREAKING GLAD I AM AN AMERICAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Not Respect The Men? by Rocktation(f): 1:10pm On Jun 13, 2010
You must be speaking some out of earth grammar i don't understand. Cos i find not just naija women, but african women just tooo respectful to be true. If only i can continentalize in another continent.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Not Respect The Men? by gflex(m): 2:01pm On Jun 13, 2010
one thing leads to another, and from another thing, to another. these women so to say need space. very big one. u just gatta giv em dat space u know. but on the other hand, please let the guy in qoute be fulfilled first in his buisness or endeavor, let there be enof moni first, cos the way shit is going, ladies need challenges not submisssives.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Not Respect The Men? by IkeLike: 1:41am On Jun 14, 2010
ohisng:

Why do Naija females not respect the men? They act like they are the men in the r/ship and dont want the stress of being accountable to a person. My opinion? If you do not want to be accountable to anyone, get the heck out of the r/ship!

Good god-- you've noticed this too, my good man?

I was just tellin' this one sista named "iice" on here about that.

black women-- the world over are losing their minds and the respect of their men along with it, it seems!
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Not Respect The Men? by iice(f): 10:23am On Jun 14, 2010
IkeLike:

Good god-- you've noticed this too, my good man?

I was just tellin' this one sista named "iice" on here about that.

black women-- the world over are losing their minds and the respect of their men along with it, it seems!

Conveniently forgetting your dyslexia? cheesy
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Not Respect The Men? by Nobody: 10:34am On Jun 14, 2010
@ poster, i think it depends on if you are rich or poor,
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Not Respect The Men? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jun 14, 2010
odiaero:

@ poster, i think it depends on if you are rich or poor,

Lol, Funny but nice one.

(1) (Reply)

Na Wa O! / Pride Ruins Life Regardless Of Status: Beware Mature Minds! / Help Us Understand Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.