Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,262 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

Enugu State Police Warns IPOB, BIM, Says It'll Resist Sit-at-home On Biafra Day - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu State Police Warns IPOB, BIM, Says It'll Resist Sit-at-home On Biafra Day (13417 Views)

OPC Warns IPOB Against Attack On Yoruba Territory / Adebayo Shittu Backtracks, Says 'it'll Be A Pleasant Thing To Go For NYSC' / Governor Nyesom Wike Warns IPOB, Says "Steer Clear Of Rivers State" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu State Police Warns IPOB, BIM, Says It'll Resist Sit-at-home On Biafra Day by aleeyus(m): 11:54am On May 24, 2017
I agreed with you grin
subtlemee:
This leaders will just sit at home and enjoy buffet meals and loots from government while the foolish,brainwashed youths will go out with only kai kai and weed in their stomach and lungs to become nuisance and end up being wounded or killed by police...this recession has really made some of us senseless

1 Like

Re: Enugu State Police Warns IPOB, BIM, Says It'll Resist Sit-at-home On Biafra Day by fratermathy(m): 11:59am On May 24, 2017
If they want to sit at home, leave them to do it but they should stop broadcasting that rubbish in Urhobo/Isoko!! !

We are NOT Biafrans! We never were and never will be. Anyway, I trust my people sha. No need to yarn omuta.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu State Police Warns IPOB, BIM, Says It'll Resist Sit-at-home On Biafra Day by obc: 11:59am On May 24, 2017
Gbam!
Arda1000:
If the people want to sit at home let them sit at home, police should learn to mind their business

2 Likes

Re: Enugu State Police Warns IPOB, BIM, Says It'll Resist Sit-at-home On Biafra Day by hardbody: 12:03pm On May 24, 2017
Youngadvocate:
The Enugu State Police Command has fired warning to the Biafra Independence Movement, BIM, and Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, stating that it would resist any attempt by the groups to force people to stay indoors on May 30, as they celebrate the 50 years of declaration of the defunct Biafran Republic.

BIM and IPOB in their separate ways, had continued to sensitize their members on the planned planned sit-at-home through their sensitisation programme by appealing to the “Biafrans,” to observe May 30 as the 50 year anniversary of the declaration of Biafra by late Dim Emeka Odumegwu Ojukwu by sitting at home.

According to Vanguard, it has also been posting videos and sending oral messages in various languages in the South-East and South-South, including Igbo, Urhobo, Izan, Itsekiri, Isoko, pigin English, among others, through WhatsApp to the Biafrans on the need to stay at home on that day, which was also meant to honour those who died fighting to realise the dream country.

However, a statement signed by the Public Relations Officer, PRO, of the command, Ebere Amaraizu, in Enugu, yesterday, on the campaign by IPOB that traders and other major stakeholders should sit at home as a sign of respect for those who died during and after the three years civil war from 1967 to 1970, warned that the police would not shirk in its responsibilities of maintaining peace and order.

Amaraizu’s statement read in part: “The Enugu State Command of the Nigeria Police Force, NPF, wishes to inform members of the public, particularly the good people of the state, that its attention has been drawn to an alleged sit-at-home order being circulated by groups of persons masquerading under the aegis of Biafra Independence Movement, BIM, among others. “

In view of the above, the command wishes to advise members of the public to disregard such order and go about their normal lawful businesses as the state command, in partnership with other sister security agencies in the state as well as relevant stake holders, is assuring members of the public of their safety and security in the state.”

“The command in addition, reminds those fanning embers of any unlawful act together with their supporters to desist from any act capable of truncating the existing peace in the state as anyone caught, will be made to face the law.”

http://igbobia.com/?q=enugu-state-police-warns-ipob-bim-says-it-will-resist-sit-at-home-on-biafra-daysee-statement.html

They should come and carry me from my home to go about 'lawful business'.....so that when the dust is settled, they will say i was gunned down while protesting.

I dey my house jeje....Trust the police and their 'sisters' at your own peril

3 Likes

Re: Enugu State Police Warns IPOB, BIM, Says It'll Resist Sit-at-home On Biafra Day by 0b111: 12:03pm On May 24, 2017
Enugu is just exclusive amongs Eastern states.

Indigenous people of Enugu re so broad and enlightened that you hardly will want to regard tham as Igbo cos there orientation is absolutely different from the rest of the pack.

Same with Imo too

I guess civilization got there first.

1 Like

Re: Enugu State Police Warns IPOB, BIM, Says It'll Resist Sit-at-home On Biafra Day by 0b111: 12:05pm On May 24, 2017
fratermathy:
If they want to sit at home, leave them to do it but they should stop broadcasting that rubbish in Urhobo/Isoko!! !

We are NOT Biafrans! We never were and never will be. Anyway, I trust my people sha. No need to yarn omuta.

Tell them abeg

Niger Deltans re not part of Biafra!

We also will clamor for our own federation if need be.

1 Like

Re: Enugu State Police Warns IPOB, BIM, Says It'll Resist Sit-at-home On Biafra Day by Mujtahida: 12:06pm On May 24, 2017
aribisala0:

Are you literate. They said they will not allow anyone to force others to stay at home. If you want to stay at home that is your business but don't impose that on anyone by force
stating that it would resist any attempt by the groups to force people to stay indoors on May 30,
Not one or two - they completely misconstrued the news and turned it on its head. This biafra is doing something to their minds. Read and comprehend them no fit.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu State Police Warns IPOB, BIM, Says It'll Resist Sit-at-home On Biafra Day by hardbody: 12:07pm On May 24, 2017
subtlemee:
This leaders will just sit at home and enjoy buffet meals and loots from government while the foolish,brainwashed youths will go out with only kai kai and weed in their stomach and lungs to become nuisance and end up being wounded or killed by police...this recession has really made some of us senseless

I KEINT BELIEVE THIS. THOU ART NOT SENSELESS OR ART THOU?

2 Likes

Re: Enugu State Police Warns IPOB, BIM, Says It'll Resist Sit-at-home On Biafra Day by chigoziem10(f): 12:08pm On May 24, 2017
eyeview:
Please exactly how can police resist sit at home?
They will break your door and force you out to your workplace or shop? Just thinking....
Don't mind those fools.
I will see how they will prevent it, maybe they will force them to go out.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu State Police Warns IPOB, BIM, Says It'll Resist Sit-at-home On Biafra Day by Nobody: 12:09pm On May 24, 2017
`

1 Like

Re: Enugu State Police Warns IPOB, BIM, Says It'll Resist Sit-at-home On Biafra Day by hardbody: 12:09pm On May 24, 2017
[quote author=0b111 post=56828091]Enugu is just exclusive amongs Eastern states.

Indigenous people of Enugu re so broad and enlightened that you hardly will want to regard tham as Igbo cos there orientation is absolutely different from the rest of the pack.

Same with Imo too

I guess civilization got there first.
[/quote

Divide and rule tactic never works amongst brilliant people. You failed again, this time WOEFULLY

6 Likes

Re: Enugu State Police Warns IPOB, BIM, Says It'll Resist Sit-at-home On Biafra Day by chigoziem10(f): 12:11pm On May 24, 2017
So my sitting at home is now your headache. #Odiegwu

3 Likes

Re: Enugu State Police Warns IPOB, BIM, Says It'll Resist Sit-at-home On Biafra Day by ladychioma: 12:16pm On May 24, 2017
Agumbankembu:
Are you going to force people out from their houses?
Police sef.
Ask the police o

4 Likes

Re: Enugu State Police Warns IPOB, BIM, Says It'll Resist Sit-at-home On Biafra Day by 0b111: 12:17pm On May 24, 2017
[quote author=hardbody post=56828292][/quote]

Kiss the bitter truth! Enugu and Imolites re of class amongs the rest.
Re: Enugu State Police Warns IPOB, BIM, Says It'll Resist Sit-at-home On Biafra Day by StarPlayer: 12:23pm On May 24, 2017
subtlemee:
Chai babe! you're too fine to be this wicked na haba!
Re: Enugu State Police Warns IPOB, BIM, Says It'll Resist Sit-at-home On Biafra Day by StarPlayer: 12:31pm On May 24, 2017
Eziokwuegbuozoo:
Uwazuruike is a desperate lunatic. Is obvious to any comprehensive person that this is a deliberate connivance of Uwazuruike and his masters in the zoo government to use the Name, efforts and commitment of IPOB to secure some unmerited attention, publicity and glory. Uwazuruike had repeatedly criticised the SIT AT HOME EVENT which will take place on 30th of may across the Biafra land and extensive to some other states in the zoo, and he equally made it clear that he is not in support of the event, so why are they now trying to attach unknown bim to the name of IPOB Worldwide? They didn't even mention MASSOB and that clearly shows that Uwazuruike is behind all the recent noises about bim this bim that. According to their statement it partly reads: The Enugu State police command of the Nigeria Police Force NPF wishes to inform the public particularly the good people of state that its attention has been drawn to an alleged Sit At Home organized by groups masquerading under the aeges of Biafra Independence Movement among Others; that means that the bim is now the ones organizing the event, and IPOB is now relegated as "others" thereby attempting to highjack the goals of IPOB. Uwazuruike is a failure.
Hahaha..confusion of the highest order. Bros I'd advice you to do something more valuable with your life
Re: Enugu State Police Warns IPOB, BIM, Says It'll Resist Sit-at-home On Biafra Day by magoo10(m): 12:41pm On May 24, 2017
People want to sit at home,problem.
if they come out you will show your talent that you cannot show for armed robbers and kidnappers ,you will start shooting at them.

Biafra is an ideology that cannot be stopped so deal with it.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu State Police Warns IPOB, BIM, Says It'll Resist Sit-at-home On Biafra Day by Eziokwuegbuozoo: 12:43pm On May 24, 2017
eyeview:
Please exactly how can police resist sit at home?
They will break your door and force you out to your workplace or shop? Just thinking....
Is clearly a case of where you cut off the head of a snake and the body will still be rolling on the ground, and only a half baked brains will think that the snake is still alive. Don't mind them, they're simply bunch of confused and helpless noise makers.

Meanwhile see IPOB and Nigeria government of late....

4 Likes

Re: Enugu State Police Warns IPOB, BIM, Says It'll Resist Sit-at-home On Biafra Day by magoo10(m): 12:43pm On May 24, 2017
People want to sit at home,problem.
if they come out you will show your talent that you cannot show for armed robbers and kidnappers ,you will start shooting at them.
better still Nigeria police should go to peoples home and force them to go out smh

Biafra is an ideology that cannot be stopped so deal with it.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu State Police Warns IPOB, BIM, Says It'll Resist Sit-at-home On Biafra Day by adisabarber(m): 12:47pm On May 24, 2017
How will police resist "sit-at-home" protest? Will they force people to come out?

2 Likes

Re: Enugu State Police Warns IPOB, BIM, Says It'll Resist Sit-at-home On Biafra Day by Adebowale89(m): 12:47pm On May 24, 2017
taylor88:
is it their sitting?

don't know why some group of people are so scared of hunger been on there own

when they claim they have yam,kunu,cattle,gworo,kulikuli,rice,kpomo,shoe-shiners and indi obioma

must northerners and some deluded afonjas drag every body to one Nigeria?

We no wan do again naa, we are not a DOIST

see problem ooo

am a full blooded Rivers man and me and my family proudly support BIAFRA

so as big as your head was, you still have a myopic view to comprehend what was stated in that article

pls where in the article they mentioned that Yoruba release a statement against the sit at home of ipob

is the Enugu police pro a yoruba man who release the statement

go and have your bath coz your head is hot hence you won't be twerking on ignorance
Re: Enugu State Police Warns IPOB, BIM, Says It'll Resist Sit-at-home On Biafra Day by Eziokwuegbuozoo: 12:48pm On May 24, 2017
StarPlayer:
Hahaha..confusion of the highest order. Bros I'd advice you to do something more valuable with your life
Make your insinuations clearer and I'll respond to your dunce brain appropriately.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu State Police Warns IPOB, BIM, Says It'll Resist Sit-at-home On Biafra Day by ERO32: 12:49pm On May 24, 2017

1 Like

Re: Enugu State Police Warns IPOB, BIM, Says It'll Resist Sit-at-home On Biafra Day by StarPlayer: 12:53pm On May 24, 2017
Eziokwuegbuozoo:
Make your insinuations clearer and I'll respond to your dunce brain appropriately.
Just take my advice and move on. No time to argue with a confused fellow like you

1 Like

Re: Enugu State Police Warns IPOB, BIM, Says It'll Resist Sit-at-home On Biafra Day by Eziokwuegbuozoo: 1:00pm On May 24, 2017
StarPlayer:
Just take my advice and move on. No time to argue with a confused fellow like you
You gat nothing to say coward, you just feel like being noticed.

Now stay off my mention, else......

2 Likes

Re: Enugu State Police Warns IPOB, BIM, Says It'll Resist Sit-at-home On Biafra Day by Nobody: 1:04pm On May 24, 2017
as long as ipob doesn't go beating people on the street, police is useless.

1 Like

Re: Enugu State Police Warns IPOB, BIM, Says It'll Resist Sit-at-home On Biafra Day by kellywise54(m): 2:01pm On May 24, 2017
God will see them through

1 Like

Re: Enugu State Police Warns IPOB, BIM, Says It'll Resist Sit-at-home On Biafra Day by Kamanuozuzu: 2:32pm On May 24, 2017
brainpulse:
cool please shoot at sight

M0r0n sighted.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Supreme Court: Suspense As APC Leaders Wait On Buhari / NNPC Chief Is A Fraud - Fake Credential? / 3 More Baptist Students Escape From Bandits’ Den

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.