Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,714 members, 7,809,704 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:35 PM

NIPOST Stealing Our Goods .. Please Help!! - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / NIPOST Stealing Our Goods .. Please Help!! (32448 Views)

Canada Is ‘stealing’ Our Young People: HILARIOUS Reactions By Nigerians / Canada Is ‘Stealing’ Our Young People! / 'Stolen From Haven Suit': This Hotel Is Tired Of People Stealing Its Towels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NIPOST Stealing Our Goods .. Please Help!! by piagetskinner(m): 10:09pm On May 24, 2017
so nipost re thieves like this....

thank God I didn't order fones from china
Re: NIPOST Stealing Our Goods .. Please Help!! by Nobody: 10:10pm On May 24, 2017
I sympathize with you.

I have been shipping from China to Nigeria since 2003 and honestly it wasnt a Rosy start until I jettisoned DHL, FEDEX, TNT,NIPOST etc for Nigerian Companies that ship from Guangzhou to Lagos.
Back to the issue on ground, NIPOST might not be the culprit here, I once ordered Laptops from. China and ended up with a cloned Nokia Phone, the Fraudsters even had the guts to send me an email consoling me.
Revisit the entire process, ask yourself questions: is it your first time of buying from this dealer(s)? What payment method did u use? What is the weight on the label originating from China post?

5 Likes

Re: NIPOST Stealing Our Goods .. Please Help!! by Solatium(m): 10:12pm On May 24, 2017
Protein0:
Just as if this wasn't enough.
Theloveth paid about $35 for dhl shipping for two phones in a bid to prevent nipost ish. It took the item 4 days to reach Lagos from Hong Kong. DHL held the item hostage with the claim that NDLEA seized it. They later said it was customs. They said he would pay 19k+ for customs clearance to a dhl bank account. On asking y dhl bank account, they said they operate a joint account with customs. They later said customs have office in their own office. They said NDLEA would later check after sorting customs. At the long run, the money was paid, "NDLEA" check was waived and the phones spent more than two weeks with "DHL Customs" with d accompanying accessories damaged.

Is this not a good service for $35?

I am in the same shoes as you now,I had an order from amazon duely paid for with my Dollar denominated card,but because of the urgent to deliver to my client I decided to use myus.com which I thought will be faster compare to 10 working day's option of using Amazon Ups expedite delivery,tge item was delivered to myus on the 3rd day of order,it laid in their own possession for over 48hrs after exchanging several mail,they shipped on the 3rd after receiving it via DHL Express which I glady chosed by myself,Now my item had been with DHL since Monday onlyfor them to slam me with #32,566 for import charges on an item of less than #100k.I tried to contest all that but they were not ready to shift ground because they have my merchandise,I have resolved to pay the levy,but this will be the last time I will ship with DHL,I will stick to the 10days shipping of UPS........Nigeria is free market where they make free money

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIPOST Stealing Our Goods .. Please Help!! by Plainboy(m): 10:13pm On May 24, 2017
I had same issue with them here in abuja. I ordered up to 10 different items from Aliexpress but I ended up getting just 5 out of all I ordered. When I asked they keep telling me dat the goods have not gotten to them whereas the tracking number shows dat the goods have arrived the destination which is NIPOST office. I followed dis up till i got tired due to the limited time i had.Funny enuf the thieves in nipost will be criticizing politicians for embezzlement whereas they will do worst if given d opportunity.

7 Likes

Re: NIPOST Stealing Our Goods .. Please Help!! by patonyx1: 10:13pm On May 24, 2017
I'll advise you officially report this to the Post master or even their Head Office. And ensure necessary actions/investigation are taken from NIPOST end.

Sorry about it.
Re: NIPOST Stealing Our Goods .. Please Help!! by Laredojohn(m): 10:14pm On May 24, 2017
hmm soo sad... one of the reasons I stopped using Nipost... I use to far back as 2012,they always have one issue or the other... now I resulted shipping to USA from china and they come with my USA orders... do less China nowadays
Re: NIPOST Stealing Our Goods .. Please Help!! by Realdeals(m): 10:14pm On May 24, 2017
TheLogicalMind:

But bros, why would you trust any government owned package delivery service? Shey na government worker wey never receive im salary you dey expect not to thief $400 worth of goods?
What sort of excuse are you giving, if you're the government worker, would you have done the same?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIPOST Stealing Our Goods .. Please Help!! by Stephenzeal: 10:19pm On May 24, 2017
Was expecting iPhone,afta going to pick it at nipost got home to open it n all I culd see inside is a bottle of coca-cola

1 Like

Re: NIPOST Stealing Our Goods .. Please Help!! by bkool7(m): 10:28pm On May 24, 2017
princetom1:
And when we start praising them, that they are the only government agency we can trust, they strike.. Too bad it gotten to this. There had been several cases in the past 1 month, it has to stop now and everything it takes will be employed.

cc: Seun, dominique, aieromon, Lstar4real, Dragnet, lalasticlala, honsule, rookidmart, GrandMufti, Protein0, emaminaj, Dam5reey, jboixxx, fibonacci2526, quivah, emaminaj, 40manlappy, noobody, ewerex, dukeo, donkafor, etc all

What!
Their stealing didn't just start
when I was in college around 2003 my dad sent money with a letter to me through
NIPOST ,I didn't even see the letter talk more of the money .

2 Likes

Re: NIPOST Stealing Our Goods .. Please Help!! by stagger: 10:30pm On May 24, 2017
Too much noisemaking when there are lawyers everywhere looking for these kinds of cases to prosecute. Get a lawyer and institute a suit against them claiming millions in damages.

1 Like

Re: NIPOST Stealing Our Goods .. Please Help!! by temitimx19(m): 10:41pm On May 24, 2017
I want to know if your package was opened before it was given to you. If it was, then you shouldn't have accepted it, if it was sealed and not tempered with, then I can assure you that the seller and the shipping company is to be blamed

9 Likes

Re: NIPOST Stealing Our Goods .. Please Help!! by Bluffly: 10:41pm On May 24, 2017
vintino:
I am into mini importation and all I do is import based on what clients want, and I do ship through Nipost , now I recently ordered for two goods from AliExpress, a Zuk Z2 and Xiaomi redmi note 4X with accessories all valued around $400+ ..
Now I was called yesterday from post office mararaba , Nasarawa state that my goods is at the post office only to get there and open the package and all that's inside is an empty phone case and a eyebrows pencil..
I rush down to office that we will sort it out today, and the redmi note 4x came in yesterday, but on getting to the post office today we opened the package too and samething happened ... EMPTY PHONE BOX..
Now most people have been complaining of these kind of theft by Nipost official, guys don't want to go into crime just to survive but the way things are going they are driving us to that point...

I am asking all willing nairalanders and Nigerians to come to our aid, I am willing to sue them if the need be,
Although they are arguing between themselves but you know Nigerians it might all end there..

Please I will appreciateall help I can get ....
And please help me put this to front page.

Haba, how does what has happened to serve as a reason to venture into crime. Tell me you are not nursing it. Sue Nipost and stop justifying reasons to go into crime

7 Likes

Re: NIPOST Stealing Our Goods .. Please Help!! by Solatium(m): 10:44pm On May 24, 2017
A word of caution for everyone,before you sign for delivery,you have a right to open it in their presence and decline to sign if it is not what you are expecting...that has always been my operational guideline

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NIPOST Stealing Our Goods .. Please Help!! by lagosrd: 10:45pm On May 24, 2017
Sorry for that bro. We have told you that government has no business in business, Una no hear. Make a loud noise out of this. Go back to Nipost office stylishly record those people's faces and voices, challenge them to produce your missing items, Post it online until the minister is interested in your case.

Otherwise forget about anything like returned goods in this our country. Same things happens in the airports and seaports.

Can't you see how the place looks so unkept. I just wonder what manners of people work in this country. They can't even paint the halls. Cobwebs all over with ancient pictures of ahmadu bello and zik

3 Likes

Re: NIPOST Stealing Our Goods .. Please Help!! by temitimx19(m): 10:49pm On May 24, 2017
Let us be in a haste to criticized Nipost, yes many may have had bitter experiences. But we need to find out if the package was opened before he was given or not. If you go to AliExpress, many of people from other countries also experience this kind of fraud. I call it fraud because, the seller might have sent an empty box or along the line the shipping company used, may have stolen it during transit.
Also Never collect a package that has been opened. Also can you tell us which seller on AliExpress you bought the phone from? Thanks
Re: NIPOST Stealing Our Goods .. Please Help!! by Theloveth(m): 10:52pm On May 24, 2017
willibounce1:

Drop the phucking email here and stop acting like a scammer...
Please don't be stupid.
Re: NIPOST Stealing Our Goods .. Please Help!! by temitimx19(m): 10:54pm On May 24, 2017
Protein0:
Just as if this wasn't enough.
Theloveth paid about $35 for dhl shipping for two phones in a bid to prevent nipost ish. It took the item 4 days to reach Lagos from Hong Kong. DHL held the item hostage with the claim that NDLEA seized it. They later said it was customs. They said he would pay 19k+ for customs clearance to a dhl bank account. On asking y dhl bank account, they said they operate a joint account with customs. They later said customs have office in their own office. They said NDLEA would later check after sorting customs. At the long run, the money was paid, "NDLEA" check was waived and the phones spent more than two weeks with "DHL Customs" with d accompanying accessories damaged.

Is this not a good service for $35?
The seller is the one at fault. Many of them are thieves, they don't use DHL itself, most times third party, that's why you end up paying customs clearance. I have bought many things from China using DHL, I have never ever paid for customs clearance, I always ask the seller if I would pay tax before I pay for shipping.
Re: NIPOST Stealing Our Goods .. Please Help!! by ringi82(m): 10:57pm On May 24, 2017
martinz1:
vintino
if your packaging wasnt tampered with
,its likely the seller sent empty box,
contact the seller .some sellers are not good
Iv been using alixpress more than 6 years i havent seen such. only one time a seller sent a damaged item from factory
You have a point. I've heard such stories in the past too. If the package wasn't tampered, then definitely the fault is from the supplier.

1 Like

Re: NIPOST Stealing Our Goods .. Please Help!! by Vkram: 10:58pm On May 24, 2017
This act is endemic in nipost...they stole my phone Samsung e800 sent from d UK in 2005,,_while in 2016 my boss a white man's check of 6,000 pounds sent to him by the UK govt as tax refund was stolen in Ikeja nipost....I have lost trust in them..

3 Likes

Re: NIPOST Stealing Our Goods .. Please Help!! by willibounce1(m): 11:00pm On May 24, 2017
Theloveth:

Please don't be stupid.

Stop embarrassing yourself. Scammers will not be tolerated here.
Re: NIPOST Stealing Our Goods .. Please Help!! by temitimx19(m): 11:01pm On May 24, 2017
Another thing is check Nipost website, it always indicate the weight of the item when received. That way you can tell whether your phones were stolen in Nigeria or your seller sent an empty box

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIPOST Stealing Our Goods .. Please Help!! by mayorjosh(m): 11:10pm On May 24, 2017
Mehn you guys are scaring me oo

I just sent a pal in the U.S $200 to buy something for me and then ship it but all these things y'all are typing here

Please is there any other efficient party when it comes to shipping so I'll tell him to use it because that money na struggle ooo

3 Likes

Re: NIPOST Stealing Our Goods .. Please Help!! by walenaira: 11:13pm On May 24, 2017
Ha! Had the same issue with the guys at Nipost festac.. Bought a ear piece from aliexpress, I went severally hoping to get my item..Bought other goods too.. Had to just leave it, cos them go look look tell me "your item hasn't arrived" .. Ever since then I haven't bought anything from aliexpress for fear of nipost staff that steal. This is a big issue, something needs to be done! Imagine them stealing ear piece?sorry op.. I hope something would be done.

3 Likes

Re: NIPOST Stealing Our Goods .. Please Help!! by SalamRushdie: 11:17pm On May 24, 2017
Well who can you blame when 90 percent of Nigerians are thieves

6 Likes

Re: NIPOST Stealing Our Goods .. Please Help!! by Theloveth(m): 11:18pm On May 24, 2017
temitimx19:

The seller is the one at fault. Many of them are thieves, they don't use DHL itself, most times third party, that's why you end up paying customs clearance. I have bought many things from China using DHL, I have never ever paid for customs clearance, I always ask the seller if I would pay tax before I pay for shipping.
You were lucky. Item that I was tracking on DHL website from the moment the seller sent me.
Re: NIPOST Stealing Our Goods .. Please Help!! by Protein0: 11:19pm On May 24, 2017
temitimx19:

Well, I'll be glad if you can shed more light on this.

What did u mean by the sellers being thieves?
What did u mean by third party?
Does the sellers know the import policy in Nigeria before
they can tell whether you'll pay tax or not?
Thanks as I await your explicit response

1 Like

Re: NIPOST Stealing Our Goods .. Please Help!! by Oworock(m): 11:28pm On May 24, 2017
Nipost need to do something on this issues, I remembered back in 2014, I ordered for some clothes for the Christmas and new year but the item arrived in early December but whenever I go to post office in Oyo where I used as the address they will say they never receive my parcel until new year when I call some number on their portal and later was told that my item was shipped to Oyo the second day it entered Nigeria. I now used that info to make my enquiries later found my item and they said they dont know when it entered.

Also presently their portal is not working as expected, all item track is always down.

Please we need a better service and also the handling charges should be known generally not been formulated by their staff.

4 Likes

Re: NIPOST Stealing Our Goods .. Please Help!! by ubev01(m): 11:33pm On May 24, 2017
KemjikaEme:
Gush! I am not aware that one can ship/import goods through Nipost and i have a dormant box in the post office. I think i will reactivate it and see what i can do with it.

OP, sorry o. You know the kind of country we live in. Contact the authorities at the headquaters.
Care to throw some light on how to import goods via Nipost?

You don't need a po box to receive goods from nipost, na that one go worst gangan

3 Likes

Re: NIPOST Stealing Our Goods .. Please Help!! by ubev01(m): 11:43pm On May 24, 2017
temitimx19:
Another thing is check Nipost website, it always indicate the weight of the item when received. That way you can tell whether your phones were stolen in Nigeria or your seller sent an empty box

Website that only works once in 2 weeks

2 Likes

Re: NIPOST Stealing Our Goods .. Please Help!! by Raemond(m): 12:02am On May 25, 2017
starting a twitter campaign wouldn't be a bad idea, tag important handles like police, nipost, efcc and others. Use a hashtag like #NipostTheft..... That is better than doing nothing, if we don't better our country who will?

7 Likes

Re: NIPOST Stealing Our Goods .. Please Help!! by Keballl: 12:12am On May 25, 2017
Raemond:
starting a twitter campaign wouldn't be a bad idea, tag important handles like police, nipost, efcc and others. Use a hashtag like #NipostTheft..... That is better than doing nothing, if we don't better our country who will?

Supported.

5 Likes

Re: NIPOST Stealing Our Goods .. Please Help!! by XtraTochi: 12:26am On May 25, 2017
This is exactly what discouraged me from mini importation, it happened to me last year and I was so much pained and frustrated. I had to forget anything that has to do with mini importation before I lose even bigger amount. Sorry bro

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US / Groom's Parents, Siblings, Others Die In Fatal Accident After Wedding In Bayelsa / Husband, Wife Survive After A Tipper Lorry Rams Into Their Vehicle (photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.