Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,163 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

Igbos Are Being Marginalized And This Is Evidence - Reno Omokri. - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Are Being Marginalized And This Is Evidence - Reno Omokri. (41345 Views)

The Truth: Both SW, SS And SE Are Being Marginalized / Do You Want Evidence Buhari Is Planning Ruga Settlement See Evidence- Reno Omokr / We Are Highly Marginalized In South West - Yoruba Elders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos Are Being Marginalized And This Is Evidence - Reno Omokri. by GuyfawkesAB(m): 8:34pm On May 26, 2017
What were your block-head minister sons and daughters doing in the federal executive council meetings with GEJ amd Sambo when that rail design was drawn and approved?
Amaechi didn't draw it up! It had been in the works since GEJ's era. In fact Amaechi adjusted it for a spur into Abia State and possibly on to Onitsha.
SnowJay92:
When FG want to complete the beginning and tail end of the Lagos-calabar railway leaving out south east in the middle, what else does one want to hear? It's not new, the igbos have adjusted, but the whole body can never be well if a certain part is being neglected, moreso being mistreated. A toothache would not all the eyes sleep!
Re: Igbos Are Being Marginalized And This Is Evidence - Reno Omokri. by refreshrate: 8:42pm On May 26, 2017
Lucid1:
refreshrate

Please where are those sculptures located? The middle one though cheesy

Lol in cologne Germany
Re: Igbos Are Being Marginalized And This Is Evidence - Reno Omokri. by chngebeginwthme: 8:42pm On May 26, 2017
xcolanto:

Nonsense trash!
Go and school your kinsmen

The young say the simple truth and you say is rubbish? Did IGBO support Ojukwu in 2003, Did you guys support Orji Kalu in 2007, Checkwas Okorie, Chris Okotie etc have been contesting for President how many IGBO vote for them? Pat Utomi also contested did you guys vote any of them?

Keep living n denial..

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Are Being Marginalized And This Is Evidence - Reno Omokri. by Nobody: 8:56pm On May 26, 2017
GuyfawkesAB:
Systematic marginalisation my yansh!

So if Air France or Delta Airlines refuse to fly from Enugu because of low commercial viability, FG must force them to? And if FG doesn't, then the Igbos are being marginalised?
Why can't I fly out from Ibadan too? Should I say being systematically marginalized too, even if Ibadan airport doesn't seem commercially viable ?
Heathrow, Stansted amd Gatwick are just few miles apart amd are all very busy year round- because of commercial viability

You still don't get it. How old are you?

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are Being Marginalized And This Is Evidence - Reno Omokri. by chngebeginwthme: 9:04pm On May 26, 2017
adadike281:
Thk u Reno, when Enugu was made an international airport, they came at gej with their tiger clawed nails. Gej was the only one that allowed ndigbo to use the seaports in Lagos without fear of harassment and intimidation. my people were able to run their businesses and slept with their two eyes closed.
Today, to import, wahala! to export, wahala! and someone will say Buhari is god sent!

Ye GEJ allow you guys to import you fake goods into Nigeria but Buhari stop that..
Re: Igbos Are Being Marginalized And This Is Evidence - Reno Omokri. by chngebeginwthme: 9:09pm On May 26, 2017
ekems2017:
Stella Odua was about doing building a cargo airport in Anambra before the gang up against her and force Jonathan to drop her as the minister of aviation.

When she looted so much and buy one single car for 250 million..
Re: Igbos Are Being Marginalized And This Is Evidence - Reno Omokri. by chngebeginwthme: 9:13pm On May 26, 2017
Tflex01:

Lol.....

Igbos condition would not have degenerated to this if you guys supported Awolowo in 1979..... But you guys decided to side with the North against Awolowo that have the interest of the Southern Nigeria at heart.

Abi oo and they did the same thing now again..
Re: Igbos Are Being Marginalized And This Is Evidence - Reno Omokri. by GuyfawkesAB(m): 9:23pm On May 26, 2017
An important measure of a high intelligence quotient is the ability to put oneself in a position to see through all the other views of the argument while holding your own opinion

Grow up small boy.

Real2020:

You still don't get it. How old are you?

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are Being Marginalized And This Is Evidence - Reno Omokri. by laudate: 11:59pm On May 26, 2017
Real2020:
What is funny is some Nigerians particularly yorubas think it's natural and okay for Lagos to have 2 seaports and largest functional international airport by design and for SE to have none. Some actually think Lagos has all these ports and airport by merit. When you try to to reason with them that why are Port Harcourt, Calabar, Warri, Onne and Onitsha ports not as functional as Lagos ports, they come up with all manners of excuses but you tell that that Dangote is using Calabar seaport to import most of his goods into SE, and then they keep quiet. Lol! Same goes for the airport, why are Lagos, Abuja, Kaduna and Kano the only functional airports in the country for international direct flight services? The fact is if you go right now, I mean now, to Lagos and Abuja, count and interview those traveling to international destinations, I assure you over 50% are Igbos. Then why can't they travel directly from Enugu, Uyo, Calabar, Asaba or Port Harcourt? Same goes for their goods...[b]all these companies Reno talked about in Nnewi, Aba and Onitsha import their goods via Lagos port, [/b]that's over 1000 kms drive and paying all kinds of customs fees and bribes on the way to finally make it to SE, and you tell me this is fair?

Yorubas...how will you people feel having to drive 1000kms to SE to fly and clear your goods? Not only do you do this one time only but a constant thing for the past 50 yrs? And you think it's ok? Yorubas....where are your conscience? Do you people have feelings at all? Do you have hearts? I commend Fayose and Fani but more yorubas need to come out and condemn this evil and wickedness!

I am scratching my head, trying to make sense of these claims that you have made here. shocked If Dangote can import his goods into the South-east through Calabar port, and over 50% of importers are Igbo businessmen, then why haven't they joined Dangote to start importing their own goods into the SE, through Calabar port?

As for Enugu airport, didn't Stella Ada Oduah convince Ethiopian airlines to start launching direct international flights from there, a few years back? What happened? sad A few Igbo people have held the reins as Minister of Aviation, so why didn't they convert those airports in your region, into international airports? Just wondering.... undecided
Re: Igbos Are Being Marginalized And This Is Evidence - Reno Omokri. by Nobody: 7:58am On May 27, 2017
laudate:

I am scratching my head, trying to make sense of these claims that you have made here. shocked If Dangote can import his goods into the South-east through Calabar port, and over 50% of importers are Igbo businessmen, then why haven't they joined Dangote to start importing their own goods into the SE, through Calabar port?

As for Enugu airport, didn't Stella Ada Oduah convince Ethiopian airlines to start launching direct international flights from there, a few years back? What happened? sad A few Igbo people have held the reins as Minister of Aviation, so why didn't they convert those airports in your region, into international airports? Just wondering.... undecided

Only Dangote, oil companies and some notable Nigerians can use those ports in SS. International commercial vessels are not allowed to sail directly to those ports by Nigeria Port Authority policies...for decades SS and SE governors have tried to let NPA to allow these ports to function to their full capacity and they have refused. Only chartered or privately owned vessels by oil companies, Dangote and few well known Nigerians can use them.

There is what we can systematic marginalization that you yorubas have no clue of against Igbos, and SS. They know if SS ports are fully functional like Lagos, these ports will spur economic growth and likely clout to demand for independence from Nigeria, so making SE and SS dependent on Lagos ports is a way of indirectly keeping them in Nigeria...tying them to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are Being Marginalized And This Is Evidence - Reno Omokri. by aribisala0(m): 11:35am On May 27, 2017
https://www.nairaland.com/745731/yoruba-marginalization-elders-met-jonathan
Sunofgod:
GEJ should have just chased them out of the room.

Why even answer their questions.

SMH
chino11:
This is a welcome development, the Yorubas should be effectively and perpetually marginalized and schemed out, because they deserve worst things also. What did they achieve for their rotten Yoruba states during wasted years of the baboon called Obasanjorijo Useless and woe tribe. They should step up the complaint, GEJ will as usual and as always mess them up. They forgot that Tinubo sold them out for a pot of 'ewodu', the same way their foolish leaders sold out abioala to the almajiris to be slaughtered.
aljharem:
this people are funny u know. Just i thought this people want to eat there cake and have it again

they all voted for ACN thus they want regional government ie fedralism

yet they still want the advantages of being in the mainstream politics

abeg make them go sit down angry

when it is time they should go meet tinubu there master
Afam4eva:
Al_harem has spoken the truth. You cannot eat your cake and still want to have. PDP controls the center.So, states that will benefit from the center are PDP states. They should go and meet oga Tinubu if they feel marginalized.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Are Being Marginalized And This Is Evidence - Reno Omokri. by aribisala0(m): 11:44am On May 27, 2017
2011 was not so long ago.See what the Eboes were saying in 2011 when GET was in charge

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are Being Marginalized And This Is Evidence - Reno Omokri. by aribisala0(m): 11:46am On May 27, 2017
WilWily:

Are u talking of mighty Yorubas that will crush and are ready to give Jonathan living hell hahahaaaaaa, Yorubas should try it and see if Seme Board will not be fill with Yorubas fleeing to Exile. Silly people.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Are Being Marginalized And This Is Evidence - Reno Omokri. by aribisala0(m): 11:47am On May 27, 2017
htajz:
stuuuuupid yorubas , after collecting 50 kobo before election to be marginalised they want to come back. anyway GEJ should have given them wh\t they really came for(money) so they can shut up, these yorubas hate themselves soo much even more then they hate other groups, imagine after 8 years of obasanjo yoruba land is competing with the north for position of the most backward region in nigeria .
[b][/b]

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Are Being Marginalized And This Is Evidence - Reno Omokri. by aribisala0(m): 11:50am On May 27, 2017
chino11:

You are quite pathetic. The yooroba people deserve all the punishment they are getting now for wasting 8yrs thru Obasanjo, no infrastructural development, no education, he made sure that Ndigbo are effectively schemed out politically. In the case of your yabbing no yorobaman including you has the gut and liver to deal with any Igboman let alone me, even if we have the rare opportunity of coming to meet one on one. What I have written earlier was not because yorooba people has done anything personal to me but because of how you daft yoorobas attack anything Igbo on the NL. I challenge you today whatever you have wished me or any Igboman is sent to you in multiple folds. May you fail in anything Igboman is part of, may you be cursed as you continue in your drive against the Igbos, may your suffering surpass any worst situation you can ever imagine. May whatever evil you wish anybody continue to dwell in your household. As the Igbos are holding sensitive positions today in Nigeria may you never benefit from it, as we did not benefit from the Obj wasted 8yrs ruin

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Are Being Marginalized And This Is Evidence - Reno Omokri. by laudate: 12:36pm On May 27, 2017
Real2020:
Only Dangote, oil companies and some notable Nigerians can use those ports in SS. International commercial vessels are not allowed to sail directly to those ports by Nigeria Port Authority policies...for decades SS and SE governors have tried to let NPA to allow these ports to function to their full capacity and they have refused. Only chartered or privately owned vessels by oil companies, Dangote and few well known Nigerians can use them.

There is what we can systematic marginalization that you yorubas have no clue of against Igbos, and SS. They know if SS ports are fully functional like Lagos, these ports will spur economic growth and likely clout to demand for independence from Nigeria, so making SE and SS dependent on Lagos ports is a way of indirectly keeping them in Nigeria...tying them to Nigeria.

Ehn? What do you mean by "you yorubas?" shocked What makes you think I am one? Guy, shine yah eyes, o! I come from a minority tribe...
Re: Igbos Are Being Marginalized And This Is Evidence - Reno Omokri. by Nobody: 12:39pm On May 27, 2017
laudate:

Ehn? What do you mean by "you yorubas?" shocked What makes you think I am one? Guy, shine yah eyes, o! I come from a minority tribe...

Lol...omo yorubaa. Lol

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are Being Marginalized And This Is Evidence - Reno Omokri. by laudate: 12:42pm On May 27, 2017
Real2020:
Lol...omo yorubaa. Lol

Oh, are you referring to yourself? I guess you want to join that tribe now. Just beg them to grant you citizenship...lol.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are Being Marginalized And This Is Evidence - Reno Omokri. by Nobody: 12:48pm On May 27, 2017
laudate:

Oh, are you referring to yourself? I guess you want to join that tribe now. Just beg them to grant you citizenship...lol.

Lol...Omo burukutu. Even if God gave me the option to either go to hell fire or be yorubaa, I'll go to hell fire. There is no benefit in being a yorubaa.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are Being Marginalized And This Is Evidence - Reno Omokri. by laudate: 12:56pm On May 27, 2017
Real2020:
Lol...Omo burukutu. Even if God gave me the option to either go to hell fire or be yorubaa, I'll go to hell fire. There is no benefit in being a yorubaa.
Maka gini? Don't let this hatred of Yoruba people kill you, o! shocked I have lived in Lagos for several years, so I have nothing against its' citizens. But since you will rather choose hell-fire instead of having anything to do with them, I wish you Godspeed on your journey to hell. sad

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Are Being Marginalized And This Is Evidence - Reno Omokri. by Nobody: 12:58pm On May 27, 2017
laudate:

Maka gini? Don't let this hatred of Yoruba people kill you, o! shocked I have lived in Lagos for several years, so I have nothing against its' citizens. But since you will rather choose hell-fire instead of having anything to do with them, I wish you Godspeed on your journey to hell. sad

I never said I hate Yorubaa, I love them but can never be yorubaa simple.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are Being Marginalized And This Is Evidence - Reno Omokri. by laudate: 1:05pm On May 27, 2017
Real2020:
I never said I hate Yorubaa, I love them but can never be yorubaa simple.
When did the Yoruba people ask you to be part of them?

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Are Being Marginalized And This Is Evidence - Reno Omokri. by bkool7(m): 1:24pm On May 27, 2017
louwie:

Find my response above in brackets and bolded. I do hope you find them satisfactory.

Let me elaborate on my reply .
Why hasn't any person from Eastern Nigeria serve as CGC ?

First , It could be a coincidence . A coincidence In the sense that no one is keeping records of the ethnics that had served in that capacity . Since the constitution didn't say that particular post should be rotational among ethnic groups in Nigeria .

Secondly , a study of that office had shown that its rare to bring in civilian to serve in that capacity . So most people that had assumed that post were Custom officials , and they're appointed according to ranks. So if an eastern person had not been there ...without prejudice , it has to be that they lack the rank to be there whenever the need arises .

Thirdly , since you yourself acknowledged the peculiarity of the post , unfortunately it May be that successive govt. don't usually find a trustworthy peron in easterner to trust with such resposibility . And as long as Federal character had been fulfilled - people are usually contented .Except maybe a particular person interested in the post for reasons only best known to him/her.

These are the best possible facts. Whether they're satisfactory to you is entirely your perogative .
Re: Igbos Are Being Marginalized And This Is Evidence - Reno Omokri. by bkool7(m): 1:35pm On May 27, 2017
louwie:

Find my response above in brackets and bolded. I do hope you find them satisfactory.

In addition, this extract May also interest you.

"The table above reveals that the South-West has
occupied the position of CG for a total of nine
years; the South-East has had it for six months,
while no officer from the South-South has never
been appointed to the position.
On the other hand, the North-Central, North-West
and North-East have dominated the position for a
period of 31 years registering five, 21 and five and
half years respectively."

nigerianpilot.com/cg-of-customs-obj-angry-with-buhari/

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Are Being Marginalized And This Is Evidence - Reno Omokri. by laudate: 1:43pm On May 27, 2017
bkool7:

First , It could be a coincidence . A coincidence In the sense that no one is keeping records of the ethnics that had served in that capacity . Since the constitution didn't say that particular post should be rotational among ethnic groups in Nigeria .

Secondly , a study of that office had shown that its rare to bring in civilian to serve in that capacity . So most people that had assumed that post were Custom officials , and they're appointed according to ranks. So if an eastern person had not been there ...without prejudice , it has to be that they lack the rank to be there whenever the need arises .

Thirdly , since you yourself acknowledged the peculiarity of the post , unfortunately it May be that successive govt. don't usually find a trustworthy peron in easterner to trust with such resposibility . And as long as Federal character had been fulfilled - people are usually contented .Except maybe a particular person interested in the post for reasons only best known to him/her.

These are the best possible facts. Whether they're satisfactory to you is entirely your perogative .

Point of correction. Dr. Bernard-Shaw Nwadialo, a Deputy Comptroller-General served as Comptroller General of Customs from March 2009 to August 2009. He hailed from the South-East.

On 27th May 2008, Jacob Gyang Buba disengaged from Service and in his place Hamman Bello Ahmed, a serving Assistant Comptroller-General was appointed as the Comptroller-General. He retired from Service on 15th January 2009, Dr. Bernard-Shaw Nwadialo, a Deputy Comptroller-General was appointed first in acting capacity, and subsequently confirmed in March 2009.

He in turn disengaged from Service on 17th August 2009, paving the way for the emergence of an Assistant Comptroller-General, Dikko Inde Abdullahi, who was appointed to replace him.
https://www.customs.gov.ng/About/historical_information.php
Re: Igbos Are Being Marginalized And This Is Evidence - Reno Omokri. by louwie(m): 2:36pm On May 27, 2017
bkool7:

"Without prejudice".....i do hope so especially for the sake of our unity and democracy.

Anyways thanks for engaging me. It is not often you meet someone who will remain calm and polite while intelligently maintaining a conversation with you here on Nairaland.

I will note your moniker.

Regards

louwie.
Re: Igbos Are Being Marginalized And This Is Evidence - Reno Omokri. by louwie(m): 2:39pm On May 27, 2017
bkool7:

In addition, this extract May also interest you.

"The table above reveals that the South-West has
occupied the position of CG for a total of nine
years; the South-East has had it for six months,
while no officer from the South-South has never
been appointed to the position.
On the other hand, the North-Central, North-West
and North-East have dominated the position for a
period of 31 years registering five, 21 and five and
half years respectively."

nigerianpilot.com/cg-of-customs-obj-angry-with-buhari/

Interesting it is. Can you be kind enough to provide more info as to who this easterner is, the one who served for 6 months ?

Reason being that i have done my own digging in times past and it revealed no such thing. Please provide more info ?
Re: Igbos Are Being Marginalized And This Is Evidence - Reno Omokri. by Blue3k(m): 2:56pm On May 27, 2017
Yet, both Anambra or Abia do not have an airport even though their citizens are the heaviest commercial travelers in Nigeria BAR NONE! Yet, some states with little to no commercial activity have not just an airport, but a fully functional international airport. Try explaining this to yourself without using the word marginalization!

The Federal government is inefficient with selecting these sort of projects. Look at their management so far. The best thing to do is build your own airport. Akwa Ibom did so these states can. Buy enough land so you have room to expand airport in future.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are Being Marginalized And This Is Evidence - Reno Omokri. by laudate: 3:24pm On May 27, 2017
louwie:
Interesting it is. Can you be kind enough to provide more info as to who this easterner is, the one who served for 6 months ?

Reason being that i have done my own digging in times past and it revealed no such thing. Please provide more info ?

Here it is.
laudate:
Point of correction. Dr. Bernard-Shaw Nwadialo, a Deputy Comptroller-General served as Comptroller General of Customs from March 2009 to August 2009. He hailed from the South-East.
Re: Igbos Are Being Marginalized And This Is Evidence - Reno Omokri. by louwie(m): 3:50pm On May 27, 2017
laudate:

Here it is.

hehehe....well 6 months is better than nothing right ? wink grin

Thanks for the info tho.
Re: Igbos Are Being Marginalized And This Is Evidence - Reno Omokri. by oyatz(m): 3:27pm On Jun 06, 2017
Don't worry sir, after the disintegration, Biafra will take over Lagos.

Balkan:
typical of afonja. Fear of disintegration will kill you before it comes through. Unity bigger. Don't mention Lagos in your SW analysis. Lagos is All Man's Land all this your epistle is because you are afraid to be left behind with Hausas. I feel your fear grin :

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

EFCC Seals Obiano’s Mansions At Ngozika Estate / Man Slaps Taxi Driver Into Coma Over Buhari’s Death Rumour / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Bashir Ahmad's Tweet In 2015 Vs 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.