Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,111 members, 7,821,820 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

Sowore: Melaye’s N50k Book Is Cut And Paste Of Newspaper Articles - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sowore: Melaye’s N50k Book Is Cut And Paste Of Newspaper Articles (24842 Views)

Editors Condemn Harassment Of Newspaper Distributors / Why Electricity Is Cut When There Is A Rainstorm In Nigeria - IKEDC / Kogi State Buys 300 Pages Of Newspaper To Publish Salaries Of Civil Servants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sowore: Melaye’s N50k Book Is Cut And Paste Of Newspaper Articles by Adebowale89(m): 12:58pm On May 26, 2017
BeardedMeat:
grin Now buzz off! Bloody hypocrite!

you clowns knows he bear jagaban whenever u want to abuse him but you're now hiding under ignorance to affirm your illiteracy

tell me who's the hypocrite here nonsensemeat

3 Likes

Re: Sowore: Melaye’s N50k Book Is Cut And Paste Of Newspaper Articles by oz4real83(m): 12:58pm On May 26, 2017
PapaBaby:

You will never find Sowore naming Tinubu as one of the corrupt people in Nigeria. He will name everybody except Tinubu, I wonder why.
u didnt see ''JAGABAN'' in his statement? Who is jagaban?

1 Like

Re: Sowore: Melaye’s N50k Book Is Cut And Paste Of Newspaper Articles by BeardedMeat(m): 12:59pm On May 26, 2017
Adebowale89:

you're dumb and blind if u don't read where he said that he found mass empty when people like ibori owns paper and tinubu owns newspaper in Lagos and owned a TV in the same Lagos

are u shortsighted?
He never mentioned Tinubu! But now you say he's the one, we believe you but you must take responsibility for your actions if need be.
Re: Sowore: Melaye’s N50k Book Is Cut And Paste Of Newspaper Articles by BeardedMeat(m): 1:00pm On May 26, 2017
AJJ17:

Maybe you should read the write up again...TVC and the NATION newspaper speaks volume...
He never mentioned Tinubu. There are so many jagabans in Nigeria.
Re: Sowore: Melaye’s N50k Book Is Cut And Paste Of Newspaper Articles by Adebowale89(m): 1:01pm On May 26, 2017
BeardedMeat:
He never mentioned Tinubu! But now you say he's the one, we believe you but you must take responsibility for your actions if need be.

even hausa man who's active here can tell u whom Igbo called gburu gburu

must everything be written like a primary sch pupil before u could comprehend?

biko shame for once now

1 Like

Re: Sowore: Melaye’s N50k Book Is Cut And Paste Of Newspaper Articles by gberra: 1:03pm On May 26, 2017
ehie:
or his pocket,journalist/blackmailer.His front paged screaming headlines are articles paid by the highet bidder, i add embellisher of the truth, shey he said Dino didnt graduate nah!
I very much doubt you followed the sequence of the events. If you did, Harvard management corroborated SR's claim even when the VC's claim leaves much to be desired. The Tip-top Investigative journalism being exemplified by SR has never been in doubt.

-- Daddy
Re: Sowore: Melaye’s N50k Book Is Cut And Paste Of Newspaper Articles by BeardedMeat(m): 1:04pm On May 26, 2017
gberra:
Have you joined the BMC? grin.. Or could it be that Dino has yet to notice your crush on him?.. Dino is a prom, he will eventually fall if you up your game. Keep trying grin

--Daddy
Is Remix Tinubu pregnant for Dino yet? What is she still waiting for. The old pal Tinubu obviously is too old for her now.
Re: Sowore: Melaye’s N50k Book Is Cut And Paste Of Newspaper Articles by gberra: 1:05pm On May 26, 2017
waledeji:

Yoruba Avenger i hail you cheesy cheesy cheesy
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Sowore: Melaye’s N50k Book Is Cut And Paste Of Newspaper Articles by gberra: 1:07pm On May 26, 2017
BeardedMeat:
Is Remix Tinubu pregnant for Dino yet? What is she still waiting for. The old pal Tinubu obviously is too old for her now.
Igbos are Daft tongue tongue
Re: Sowore: Melaye’s N50k Book Is Cut And Paste Of Newspaper Articles by BeardedMeat(m): 1:07pm On May 26, 2017
Adebowale89:

even hausa man who's active here can tell u whom Igbo called gburu gburu

must everything be written like a primary sch pupil before u could comprehend?

biko shame for once now
You tribal bigot! You already assumed I am In IBO? Can Tinubu sue sowore for referring to a certain jagaban? Did sowore specifically mention names of the media houses owned by the so called jagaban?
A big shame on you.

1 Like

Re: Sowore: Melaye’s N50k Book Is Cut And Paste Of Newspaper Articles by ikp120(m): 1:08pm On May 26, 2017
BeardedMeat:
You should answer that. There are so many Nigerians by that title. I dare sowore to specify.
Tinubu is the only well known Jagaban in Lagos. Even a Nairaland cow in politics section knows that one.

1 Like

Re: Sowore: Melaye’s N50k Book Is Cut And Paste Of Newspaper Articles by Adebowale89(m): 1:11pm On May 26, 2017
BeardedMeat:
You tribal bigot! You already assumed I am In IBO? Can Tinubu sue sowore for referring to a certain jagaban? Did sowore specifically mention names of the media houses owned by the so called jagaban?
A big shame on you.

you are just an illiterate who need attention. why not direct your grievances to tinubu social media office

I still stand on my point that, some youth don't use social media wisely like other countries does. to hell with tinubu and all nonsense politicians.

just tell your younger brother to read well, before subscribing to his inferences next time

1 Like

Re: Sowore: Melaye’s N50k Book Is Cut And Paste Of Newspaper Articles by BeardedMeat(m): 1:12pm On May 26, 2017
gberra:
Igbos are Daft tongue tongue
Yorrobers are skull miners. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Sowore: Melaye’s N50k Book Is Cut And Paste Of Newspaper Articles by BeardedMeat(m): 1:13pm On May 26, 2017
ikp120:
Tinubu is the only well known Jagaban in Lagos. Even a Nairaland cow in politics section knows that one.
your submission won't hold water in court.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sowore: Melaye’s N50k Book Is Cut And Paste Of Newspaper Articles by BeardedMeat(m): 1:15pm On May 26, 2017
Adebowale89:

you are just an illiterate who need attention. why not direct your grievances to tinubu social media office

I still stand on my point that, some youth don't use social media wisely like other countries does. to hell with tinubu and all nonsense politicians.

just tell your younger brother to read well, before subscribing to his inferences next time
I sense defeat in your tone. To hell with you and everything that's yours!
Re: Sowore: Melaye’s N50k Book Is Cut And Paste Of Newspaper Articles by nwamehn: 1:17pm On May 26, 2017
decatalyst:

I know the man is not sound enough upstairs to write something meaningful, especially on a topic as controversial as corruption.

Plagiarism is a big offense and it's a disgrace to intellectual property...

But, u cannot conclude now if he plagiarised till u read the book, unless u have read the book, then u can say whether he plagiarised or not.
He could have cut and paste all those newspaper articles, yet he referenced the whole of them, in that case, he never plagiarised and so wouldn't be found to have committed any civil offence.
Re: Sowore: Melaye’s N50k Book Is Cut And Paste Of Newspaper Articles by ikp120(m): 1:20pm On May 26, 2017
BeardedMeat:
your submission won't hold water in court.
And who dey go court with you?

Bro, being smart and able to decode witty shady mentions is not a crime.

I don't need to mention Buhari's name to shade him. Look again at the description Sowore used for the Jagaban he mentioned and you will see that there is only one Jagaban in Lagos who has those descriptions, and that's Tinubu.
Re: Sowore: Melaye’s N50k Book Is Cut And Paste Of Newspaper Articles by BeardedMeat(m): 1:22pm On May 26, 2017
ikp120:
And who dey go court with you?

Bro, being smart and able to decode witty shady mentions is not a crime.

I don't need to mention Buhari's name to shade him. Look again at the description Sowore used for the Jagaban he mentioned and you will see that there is only one Jagaban in Lagos who has those description, and that's Tinubu.
You are still pandering to assumptions. Why didn't sowore specify the media houses. There are assumptions in the court of law.
Re: Sowore: Melaye’s N50k Book Is Cut And Paste Of Newspaper Articles by AJJ17(m): 1:22pm On May 26, 2017
BeardedMeat:
He never mentioned Tinubu. There are so many jagabans in Nigeria.
Oga everyone in 9ja know Tinubu as the only Jagaban in lagos Politics ..kindly let us be real to ourselves ,we need no deceit or games playing. undecided

1 Like

Re: Sowore: Melaye’s N50k Book Is Cut And Paste Of Newspaper Articles by BeardedMeat(m): 1:23pm On May 26, 2017
AJJ17:

Oga everyone in 9ja know Tinubu as the only Jagaban in lagos Politics ..kindly let us be real to ourselves ,we need no deceit or games playing. undecided
We are been real. Tinubu cannot sue based on the name jagaban
Re: Sowore: Melaye’s N50k Book Is Cut And Paste Of Newspaper Articles by gberra: 1:25pm On May 26, 2017
BeardedMeat:
Yorrobers are skull miners. cheesy
Generation of Dead-water drinkers grin grin

Igbos are Mad cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Sowore: Melaye’s N50k Book Is Cut And Paste Of Newspaper Articles by Adebowale89(m): 1:25pm On May 26, 2017
BeardedMeat:
I sense defeat in your tone. To hell with you and everything that's yours!

was your brain kept inside the microwave?

defeat? which machine do u used to examine it.....tone?it sound ambiguous

you need to visit a surgeon asap for brain restructuring

2 Likes

Re: Sowore: Melaye’s N50k Book Is Cut And Paste Of Newspaper Articles by Nobody: 1:33pm On May 26, 2017
PapaBaby:

You will never find Sowore naming Tinubu as one of the corrupt people in Nigeria. He will name everybody except Tinubu, I wonder why.

it's seems you didn't read the article or you are blind.
Re: Sowore: Melaye’s N50k Book Is Cut And Paste Of Newspaper Articles by decatalyst(m): 1:34pm On May 26, 2017
nwamehn:

But, u cannot conclude now if he plagiarised till u read the book, unless u have read the book, then u can say whether he plagiarised or not.
He could have cut and paste all those newspaper articles, yet he referenced the whole of them, in that case, he never plagiarised and so wouldn't be found to have committed any civil offence.

ACCORDING TO THE MERRIAM-WEBSTER ONLINE DICTIONARY, TO "PLAGIARIZE" MEANS

to steal and pass off (the ideas or words of another) as one's own
to use (another's production) without crediting the source
to commit literary theft
to present as new and original an idea or product derived from an existing source
In other words, plagiarism is an act of fraud. It involves both stealing someone else's work and lying about it afterward.
Re: Sowore: Melaye’s N50k Book Is Cut And Paste Of Newspaper Articles by AJJ17(m): 1:39pm On May 26, 2017
BeardedMeat:
We are been real. Tinubu cannot sue based on the name jagaban
OK sir.I hear you.You are entitled to your opinion o.
I just wanna believe you doing this on purpose because I don't think this is worth arguing about at all.
Or probably you just been true seeing it from the legal point of view,in that case you are right but still does not mean the guy is not referring to Tinubu.
Re: Sowore: Melaye’s N50k Book Is Cut And Paste Of Newspaper Articles by Nobody: 1:41pm On May 26, 2017
BeardedMeat:

and if he mentioned tinubu you will say is he the only tinubu. so tell me another jagaban that owns a radio and TV station in lagos. dumb people everywhere.
Re: Sowore: Melaye’s N50k Book Is Cut And Paste Of Newspaper Articles by nwamehn: 1:59pm On May 26, 2017
decatalyst:

ACCORDING TO THE MERRIAM-WEBSTER ONLINE DICTIONARY, TO "PLAGIARIZE" MEANS

to steal and pass off (the ideas or words of another) as one's own
to use (another's production) without crediting the source
to commit literary theft
to present as new and original an idea or product derived from an existing source
In other words, plagiarism is an act of fraud. It involves both stealing someone else's work and lying about it afterward.

Did u read where they said, "...without crediting the source" in ur dictionary definition? That's what we call referencing in academics. If u copy someone's work and fail to reference the person, then u ar passing it off as ur own - meaning that u ar stealing it. If Dino cut and pasted people's works and credited the individual sources ie referenced them, then he didn't steal any person's work, he didn't plagiarise. It can only be plagiarism if he didn't reference them.
U can only conclude that he plagiarised if u read the book to see that he cut and pasted all those newspaper articles without referencing them ie crediting the sources. That was exactly my initial message.
Re: Sowore: Melaye’s N50k Book Is Cut And Paste Of Newspaper Articles by TheVictorious(m): 2:03pm On May 26, 2017
dre11:

https://www.thecable.ng/sowore-melayes-n50k-book-cut-paste-newspaper-articles

"Cut and paste" or "copy and paste". Don't the newspapers have any copy of the supposed articles again. Even the Sowore guy is becoming confused himself!
Re: Sowore: Melaye’s N50k Book Is Cut And Paste Of Newspaper Articles by TheVictorious(m): 2:05pm On May 26, 2017
Sunbulb:
A senior colleague of mine was suggesting that people contribute money, buy the book, rcord videos of themselves burning it and post it in social media. Corruption just made jest of Nigeria

How many people will do that and will that make him lose or gain?
Re: Sowore: Melaye’s N50k Book Is Cut And Paste Of Newspaper Articles by Ahmeduana(m): 2:06pm On May 26, 2017
BUT YOU BUY AM? ABI YOU NO BUY?
Re: Sowore: Melaye’s N50k Book Is Cut And Paste Of Newspaper Articles by decatalyst(m): 2:16pm On May 26, 2017
nwamehn:

Did u read where they said, "...without crediting the source" in ur dictionary definition? That's what we call referencing in academics. If u copy someone's work and fail to reference the person, then u ar passing it off as ur own - meaning that u ar stealing it. If Dino cut and pasted people's works and credited the individual sources ie referenced them, then he didn't steal any person's work, he didn't plagiarise. It can only be plagiarism if he didn't reference them.
U can only conclude that he plagiarised if u read the book to see that he cut and pasted all those newspaper articles without referencing them ie crediting the sources. That was exactly my initial message.

Dino, will not reference anyone! He is arrogant!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oby Ezekwesili Replies Troll Who Slammed Her For Saying National Carrier Must Fa / More Pictures From Labour Party Campaign Rally In Jos / Peter Obi Meets Sultan Of Sokoto (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.