Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,929 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues (48246 Views)

How My Ex Left Me After She Discovered My Salary Was 45k, I Now Earn This / She Left Me For A Medical Doctor And Now Wants A Second Chance / "Genotype Issues Have Cost Me Another Relationship" - Nigerian Lady Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by mykel25(m): 11:21pm On May 27, 2017
Just got a biz idea now.... I'm a guy and AA with O+ blood group.... A Virgin I think I shd sell my virginity to d highest bidding AS.... Please SS don't apply oooo....

Must be a graduate and a working class earning in minimum of 6 digits.... Christian and not more than 26...fair in complexion preferably
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by ariklawani(f): 11:27pm On May 27, 2017
ode,mumu.u would have being heart scattered if u had marry him.thank ur star.no joy in it. no love there.
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by teebillz: 11:29pm On May 27, 2017
What is even more dangerous is that some men would not want to marry you for fear of you going back to phuck him when he want to re-phuck you. Some call it Okafor's law.
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by queenDD(f): 11:35pm On May 27, 2017
Losing a lover and a best friend hurts so much, I understand but you have to move on.
You two are not meant to be together, I believe God is a perfect planner, if both of you were meant for each other your genotypes will be favorable.

It's just a sign that he isn't the one. Be strong, your soul mate will find you soon.

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by timojerry: 11:38pm On May 27, 2017
Nice write-up sis. Madam op, love ain't blind anymore. Raising SS kids is no joy at all. Count it all joy that he's left you.

dominique:
It was for the best. If you're in Lagos, go to a General hospital close to you. Ask for the days when they hold clinic for SS patients and go and see for yourself what these warriors and their parents are going through. Trust me, it is not something you will wish for your worst enemy.

I doubt if you can use IVF to determine the genotype of your baby. At best, they will check the genotype of the embryo before implanting it into you. If by chance they are all sicklers, they will be discarded. How many of your unborn children to you want to waste before getting your desired result? Believe me, I don't think its worth all the stress and expenses. My only grouse with you and your ex was allowing the relationship to go further. You should have both called it off before investing so much energy and emotions into it.
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by questionpsgg: 11:47pm On May 27, 2017
meiyol:
I just lost my relationship due to genotype issues..he is AS and I'm AS. We knew abt our genotype incompatibility frm the very first day..we were cool with it or so i thought. We were together for a year nd some months before we switched to long distance relationship cos of his job. I'm a med student, he is a doctor, so we both knew wat it meant. I was cool with it cos the signs were there that God put us together..everybody knows it, his parents, my parents..we ourselves knew it that our paths were ordained by God.. Then suddenly, from nowhere, he comes up with dangers of having sickler kids, the diseases they face, their pain and all..he suddenly stopped talking abt d fact that we may be lucky not to have any of our kids as sicklers, or medical methods we could use like IVF and all..our parents are both aware of the genotype ish, mine are very okay with it. He said he's not sure his parents are okay with it and yet they call me EVERYDAY to assure me nothing will go wrong and to cheer me up and all.. i questioned him cos it made me feel he was looking for an opportunity to leave..and he didnt give me any reply, just stopped talking to me.
Our introduction was slated for next year, he is my first love, I've been so loyal nd i pray for him.. I feel so used and heartbroken..my instincts tell me something is wrong..I'm back to square 1, where would i start from? He was my best friend, my everything..now, it's just me

I really feel your pain but it is for the best. Take heart and keep pushing. Get closer to God as he understands ur pain, pray u find someone special soon.
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by Actuarydeji(m): 11:53pm On May 27, 2017
NwaObinkita:
Can I take his place

I am AA
That's what I was about saying my guy. Check my profile for my whatapps no. I am AA
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by Fhowe: 11:58pm On May 27, 2017
Most sound as if we are still in the stonage most of our parents did not know their genotype and it is not as if we have ss children everywhere my dear let him go this is 2017 you guys had options .Why do we sometimes think it is easy to walk away in western countries genotype is not an issue anymore there are reliable and cheap options and we should all stop acting as if abortion is a new thing one thing I know for sure 75% out of girls that are above 18 yrs have done abortion more than once

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by Actuarydeji(m): 11:59pm On May 27, 2017
meiyol:
I just lost my relationship due to genotype issues..he is AS and I'm AS. We knew abt our genotype incompatibility frm the very first day..we were cool with it or so i thought. We were together for a year nd some months before we switched to long distance relationship cos of his job. I'm a med student, he is a doctor, so we both knew wat it meant. I was cool with it cos the signs were there that God put us together..everybody knows it, his parents, my parents..we ourselves knew it that our paths were ordained by God.. Then suddenly, from nowhere, he comes up with dangers of having sickler kids, the diseases they face, their pain and all..he suddenly stopped talking abt d fact that we may be lucky not to have any of our kids as sicklers, or medical methods we could use like IVF and all..our parents are both aware of the genotype ish, mine are very okay with it. He said he's not sure his parents are okay with it and yet they call me EVERYDAY to assure me nothing will go wrong and to cheer me up and all.. i questioned him cos it made me feel he was looking for an opportunity to leave..and he didnt give me any reply, just stopped talking to me.
Our introduction was slated for next year, he is my first love, I've been so loyal nd i pray for him.. I feel so used and heartbroken..my instincts tell me something is wrong..I'm back to square 1, where would i start from? He was my best friend, my everything..now, it's just me

I really feel your pains. Please check my profile for my whatapps no. I am AA, single n searching

Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by Fhowe: 12:01am On May 28, 2017
Just be hopefully and prayerful there are a lot of medical conditions that are far worse than been ss Nigerians too dey overflog issues
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by Fhowe: 12:04am On May 28, 2017
Also try to confirm the genotype result is stating the correct one cause I have a friend a reputable hospital in Nigeria told him he was AS only for him to discover otherwise when he left Naija
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by VickyRotex(f): 12:05am On May 28, 2017
ipobarecriminals:
undecided angrywho be eleko

If I hear!! Na you! I'm used to your "come pay me" slangs!

Eleko1 na you!!! angry angry
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by Fhowe: 12:08am On May 28, 2017
There are severe medical conditions more expensive than IVF
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by BigBrother9ja: 12:08am On May 28, 2017
meiyol:

He must be tired of SCREWING you sad
He found a new pûssy already.

Move on!
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by BigBrother9ja: 12:11am On May 28, 2017
dominique:
It was for the best. If you're in Lagos, go to a General hospital close to you. Ask for the days when they hold clinic for SS patients and go and see for yourself what these warriors and their parents are going through. Trust me, it is not something you will wish for your worst enemy.

I doubt if you can use IVF to determine the genotype of your baby. At best, they will check the genotype of the embryo before implanting it into you. If by chance they are all sicklers, they will be discarded. How many of your unborn children to you want to waste before getting your desired result? Believe me, I don't think its worth all the stress and expenses. My only grouse with you and your ex was allowing the relationship to go further. You should have both called it off before investing so much energy and emotions into it.
When did embryos becomes a "baby"?
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by olaife80: 12:11am On May 28, 2017
Lady just move on nothing to worry about, he has saved you from upcoming nemesis.
But wait, I still find it difficult to know my Genotype. I was tested four times, twice AA and AS. I just stop disturbing myself knowing I got sicked once(12 hours sickness) every year.
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by BigBrother9ja: 12:12am On May 28, 2017
NwaObinkita:
Can I take his place

I am AA
H0rny boy tongue
. Get a job!
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by greatcid02(m): 12:14am On May 28, 2017
Please Can I Take His Place? I Am AA. If You Are Interested Just Email Me!!!
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by BigBrother9ja: 12:15am On May 28, 2017
egbaguy2:
U shud be ashamed of urself being a med student and still thinking like a fool....that he is a doctor make him stupid too. I lost my ex to this shit and av moved on.
You're still pained. sad

If only you're well exposed, you'd know that genotype is no barrier...

Take heart..
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by grandstar(m): 12:18am On May 28, 2017
delugadou:

If it is ordained by God, the devil will try to oppose the union. Prayer will fix it since both families are in support. The Lord is your strength.

meiyol, please under no circumstance must you take this advice.

Please read Proverbs 27:11
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by Fhowe: 12:20am On May 28, 2017
I would rather spend 800k-1m on an ivf than spend 1m on a wedding to a girl I want to marry cause of genotype issues
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by deavicky(m): 12:23am On May 28, 2017
egbaguy2:
U shud be ashamed of urself being a med student and still thinking like a fool....that he is a doctor make him stupid too. I lost my ex to this shit and av moved on.
I'm shock u could say something like this, having passed through such situation. I bet u, u never love her.
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by rattlesnake(m): 12:27am On May 28, 2017
Women always running after what can destroy them
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by Bondesniger(m): 12:34am On May 28, 2017
DOCTOR WEY THEY DO LIKE CAPINTER NA SUWEBGE.....
YOU BETTER DO LIKE PAKO ......BEFORE YOU LEARN THE THIRD WAY

WISH YOU A MAN WITH AA AND COOL LIKE HIM TOO

meiyol:

Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by kennykendo(m): 12:37am On May 28, 2017
Having children is important in marriage yes. but what happened to adoptions?, what happened to surrogacy?.

What happened to not having more than two children of which the first after crosschecking the dominant genes will be AA and the second As, of course the danger is from the 3rd child.

Well since you said in the beginning you guys didn't bother and continued courting, I'll say this, he found someone else who is compatible and doesn't know how to take you out of the equation, so he resorted to pulling out gradually and he has stopped talking to you as a ploy to do away with you.
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by buffalowings: 12:53am On May 28, 2017
NwaObinkita:
Can I take his place

I am AA

Sharp nigga grin
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by colbankz(m): 1:03am On May 28, 2017
And they have been lucky to have AS for kids..........u said luck on their part...what if it does not work put for these ones nkor
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by Cooleasy(m): 1:06am On May 28, 2017
meiyol:

As far as I see it, there is more to what he told you; he was just looking for an excuse to leave you. Though genotype is important but both of you had an understanding on the fact that you were both okay with it before you came this far, and so for him to now be using it as an excuse to the extent of not talking to you again; there must be more to it. Do you think it is easy for a man to deliberately stop talking to a lady he REALLY loves, without a fight and without another factor influencing him? I doubt it. Don't be surprised if you hear him getting married to someone else soon after. I doubt whether, after coming this far with you, he could just change his mind and stop talking to you without a plan B. And as for you, how would you handle this? Prepare for the worst so that it won't hit you so hard when it comes. Accept that everything happens for a reason. Look at yourself and appreciate yourself; there are many good men out there who want someone like you. Also, appreciate the fact that it could have been worse, if, for example it is after marriage that he changed and turned you into a punching bag. There's nothing as traumatic as an unhappy marriage to a partner who suddenly stopped wanting you. Even if genotype is his only reason, why now? It is likely that his love for you is not strong enough and would you frankly want to marry a man who doesn't love you enough? Please calm down and REASON now more than you feel. It's not easy but TRY. This is NOT the end of the world. I wish you good luck. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by lepasharon(f): 1:07am On May 28, 2017
Setaje:

I no someone in this same shoes, he didn't marry her. Just one night stand kinda thing. Stupid woman wanted to trap him and gave birth to a boy. The thing didn't show until his 1st birthday before they knew he was ss, now the guy is stock wiv a baby mama who has refused to let go cus of age and a child that gets sick every time he has small money. That's when the crisis will come. He doesn't have time for another relationship not to talk of himself. Only few of them live up to 40. It's just important for people to check this things.

Stop the ignorance. sickle cell is not a death sentence. Come to the West, ppl with sickle cell are living life..
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by princesshansy(f): 1:16am On May 28, 2017
As a med. Student,u no its not advisable @all,so take heart and move on•••• saduhn
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by tosyne2much(m): 1:34am On May 28, 2017
GindoX:
Hmm, so dis issue of genotype NA true? I no even know the one I be... The last time I fell sick was four years ago.... Ma Go for checkup and know ma genotype
Baba go check oooo cheesy
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by tosyne2much(m): 1:36am On May 28, 2017
Mypeople2:
Babe sorry about that.You have to move on . You will get a cool guy who is not AS. My genotype is AA and I am still single. I have several friends who are AA and are still single .So I believe you will find a good AA sweetheart. Please wipe your tears
Egbon how market now?

I just hope the OP can see your comment and do the needful cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? / I'm Considering Marrying More Than One Wife , Please I Need Your Advise / I Just Saved A Union And I Am So Proud Of Myself!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.