Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,094 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues (48255 Views)

How My Ex Left Me After She Discovered My Salary Was 45k, I Now Earn This / She Left Me For A Medical Doctor And Now Wants A Second Chance / "Genotype Issues Have Cost Me Another Relationship" - Nigerian Lady Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by seun1960(m): 8:09am On May 28, 2017
Never mind...Move on with life babe
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by phoenixthefirst(m): 8:15am On May 28, 2017
You can only move on. Do not be depressed over it. You should find love soon. It may not be easy, but stay strong and believe that you will overcome this.
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by Nobody: 8:19am On May 28, 2017
Nazeren:
Brace up and stop acting like the ninny that you are. You want to bring an innocent child to this world to suffer? Fck IVF, what if it's not successful?

Smh
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by Nobody: 8:20am On May 28, 2017
tosyne2much:
And you claim you're a medical student? I just wonder the kind of medical students we are churning out in Nigerian institutions.. Oma se ooo!

He even tried.. If I were the one, I would have refrained myself from such a relationship considering the health implications of my kids.

Did you just say you're destined by God?

Even if the power of God cannot be overemphasized, you still have to use your head

Smh..

In 2017

O ma se o...
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by Nobody: 8:20am On May 28, 2017
VickyRotex:

cool cool cool
@your last point:
That's what makes me feel, the reason her fiance called it off may not be because of the genotype ish. He probably just decided to use that as an excuse. (I may be wrong though)

However, just like you said, it's for good. Op, I hope you see the good side of it.

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by Everking(m): 8:22am On May 28, 2017
Go and thank your God.There are issues u don't play with.U will always thank him in d future for taking that bold step...just calm down a vibrant AA guy is on d way.
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by Drabrah(m): 8:23am On May 28, 2017
egbaguy2:
U shud be ashamed of urself being a med student and still thinking like a fool.... that he is a doctor make him stupid too. I lost my ex to this shit and av moved on.

Pls don't be sarcastic! We all gat diff opinions to issues & dat doesn't make a contrary opinion"foolish"
I'm a medic too, I've bn in her shoes & was ready to go on wt.
1st, it's not like there's completely no solution to it, even though it comes @ a price.
2nd, marriage is not Jst abt having kids. Sometimes there's jst dat 1person u love & nothing else matters to u. Not even ur own life.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by meiyol: 8:25am On May 28, 2017
Maybe he wasn't just meant for me, maybe he found someone else hence d sudden awareness, maybe he just saved me from a disaster and made me open for a much greater blessing..so many maybes..I'm moving on, my family is aware already. I ll heal with time..thanks everyone and Happy Sunday. **btw, my mail is FULL **

2 Likes

Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by Nobody: 8:30am On May 28, 2017
meiyol:
Maybe he wasn't just meant for me, maybe he found someone else hence d sudden awareness, maybe he just saved me from a disaster and made me open for a much greater blessing..so many maybes..I'm moving on, my family is aware already. I ll heal with time..thanks everyone and Happy Sunday. **btw, my mail is FULL **

Pele.

It's well with you.
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by Sike(m): 8:49am On May 28, 2017
Instead of this OP to start thanking God for her life, she's here lamenting. I pity your condition.
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by naijafresh: 9:01am On May 28, 2017
dedeorji:

You both are saying the same thing. If the embryo is SS, it will be discarded, which is still abortion any way you look at it.
How long is the process going to take before the desired result is achieved?

I don't agree with you, choosing not to use an embryo is not abortion.
If you have 3 embryos AA, AS and SS which one would you choose to use?

If you understand the IVF process you will know that several embryos are created in order to select a viable embryo so if 16 are created and you choose one you've committed 15 abortions?
An embryo is not a foetus nor is an egg or spermatozoa. That isn't the legal or biological definition of abortion.

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by Nobody: 9:18am On May 28, 2017
it is for the best,.
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by ewizard1: 9:27am On May 28, 2017
That's Oshe11 guy is dumb, the 5 people that likes his post are dumber!!!
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by IbBarham(m): 9:37am On May 28, 2017
Hard but good decision from the guy....
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by Nobody: 9:56am On May 28, 2017
i have witnessed the death of two neighbours who were ss , i also have encounter with them every day when they come to buy injections, but i will say it can be managed ,but in the end it might drain all the energy you have and even tear both of you apart that in the end ,this so called love will not be worth it,so my dear ,its better this way o
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by oshe11: 10:15am On May 28, 2017
ewizard1:
That's Oshe11 guy is dumb, the 5 people that likes his post are dumber!!!

WehdonSir
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by samijay8(m): 10:18am On May 28, 2017
He left you the best chance to start all over rather than you should in future in hard way. What if its not easy in future for both of you then he tried some advice, find another Lady and have children somewhere. You'll then forget love exist
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by bennymark(m): 10:23am On May 28, 2017
he is seeing someone else, it's the long distance

meiyol:
I just lost my relationship due to genotype issues..he is AS and I'm AS. We knew abt our genotype incompatibility frm the very first day..we were cool with it or so i thought. We were together for a year nd some months before we switched to long distance relationship cos of his job. I'm a med student, he is a doctor, so we both knew wat it meant. I was cool with it cos the signs were there that God put us together..everybody knows it, his parents, my parents..we ourselves knew it that our paths were ordained by God.. Then suddenly, from nowhere, he comes up with dangers of having sickler kids, the diseases they face, their pain and all..he suddenly stopped talking abt d fact that we may be lucky not to have any of our kids as sicklers, or medical methods we could use like IVF and all..our parents are both aware of the genotype ish, mine are very okay with it. He said he's not sure his parents are okay with it and yet they call me EVERYDAY to assure me nothing will go wrong and to cheer me up and all.. i questioned him cos it made me feel he was looking for an opportunity to leave..and he didnt give me any reply, just stopped talking to me.
Our introduction was slated for next year, he is my first love, I've been so loyal nd i pray for him.. I feel so used and heartbroken..my instincts tell me something is wrong..I'm back to square 1, where would i start from? He was my best friend, my everything..now, it's just me

Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by xammy(m): 10:25am On May 28, 2017
The Topic with the most positive advice .....go tru them and keep all
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by Ceazario: 10:50am On May 28, 2017
God bless dat ur fiance. He's a sure man.
meiyol:
I just lost my relationship due to genotype issues..he is AS and I'm AS. We knew abt our genotype incompatibility frm the very first day..we were cool with it or so i thought. We were together for a year nd some months before we switched to long distance relationship cos of his job. I'm a med student, he is a doctor, so we both knew wat it meant. I was cool with it cos the signs were there that God put us together..everybody knows it, his parents, my parents..we ourselves knew it that our paths were ordained by God.. Then suddenly, from nowhere, he comes up with dangers of having sickler kids, the diseases they face, their pain and all..he suddenly stopped talking abt d fact that we may be lucky not to have any of our kids as sicklers, or medical methods we could use like IVF and all..our parents are both aware of the genotype ish, mine are very okay with it. He said he's not sure his parents are okay with it and yet they call me EVERYDAY to assure me nothing will go wrong and to cheer me up and all.. i questioned him cos it made me feel he was looking for an opportunity to leave..and he didnt give me any reply, just stopped talking to me.
Our introduction was slated for next year, he is my first love, I've been so loyal nd i pray for him.. I feel so used and heartbroken..my instincts tell me something is wrong..I'm back to square 1, where would i start from? He was my best friend, my everything..now, it's just me

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by Funjosh(m): 10:53am On May 28, 2017
meiyol:

Those are mails from AA grin
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by Mekanus(m): 10:59am On May 28, 2017
meiyol:

Dumb ass medical student.
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by espn(m): 11:03am On May 28, 2017
meiyol:

so sorry dear..Akuna Matata..
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by lepasharon(f): 11:16am On May 28, 2017
Setaje:

rrrmmm what do you mean ignorance. I am not talking of the west. I am talking about the ones I know here. More than 5 people I know have died right from my youthful days. So don't tell me about ignorance. If it was easy why can't their families fly them abroad and stay there. You think am typing for typing sake. In Nigeria sickle cell is almost a death sentence if you don't have money and sometimes money is not enough. Maybe you should spend a day in luth and come back and talk of ignorance.

OK I agree with you. Ur right
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by adetes: 11:35am On May 28, 2017
Count ur self lucky
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by Nobody: 11:38am On May 28, 2017
@ meiyol
All you need right now is God.. move closer to him, you are not close to him.

well i have a story to tell you if you.care to listen. The story may lift your spirit and give you the morale to forge ahead and fight for what is yours.

u can send me a pm, if you care to hear from me

drabeey was HERE
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by pinkyruledworld(m): 12:05pm On May 28, 2017
even me that am AA cant marry an AS. Milady, he did the best thing, u would have hate this life if u go on and have an SS,talkless of 2 or 3 SS shildren. Take heart hen
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by oloyede90(m): 12:09pm On May 28, 2017
Pls cry today so u wont cry tomorow. It happened to me last yr too. My fiancee nd i re both AS. But we had to let go. Though very painful. But we re still friends.
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by Nero2220(m): 12:41pm On May 28, 2017
You are just being SELFISH!
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by Mrlouis: 12:55pm On May 28, 2017
tosyne2much:
And you have to use the word "stupid", for who? Me?

May God forgive you bro.. Happy Sunday cheesy
Its a typo...meant 'stp it'
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by Nobody: 1:07pm On May 28, 2017
Hmmn its for the best
Take heart
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by ggood: 1:11pm On May 28, 2017
nawa for genetpye

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

I Just Saved A Union And I Am So Proud Of Myself! / I'm Considering Marrying More Than One Wife , Please I Need Your Advise / When She Came Along With Her Friends On a date (funny Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.