Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues (48252 Views)

How My Ex Left Me After She Discovered My Salary Was 45k, I Now Earn This / She Left Me For A Medical Doctor And Now Wants A Second Chance / "Genotype Issues Have Cost Me Another Relationship" - Nigerian Lady Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by greggng: 1:26pm On May 28, 2017
meiyol:
I just lost my relationship due to genotype issues..he is AS and I'm AS. We knew abt our genotype incompatibility frm the very first day..we were cool with it or so i thought. We were together for a year nd some months before we switched to long distance relationship cos of his job. I'm a med student, he is a doctor, so we both knew wat it meant. I was cool with it cos the signs were there that God put us together..everybody knows it, his parents, my parents..we ourselves knew it that our paths were ordained by God.. Then suddenly, from nowhere, he comes up with dangers of having sickler kids, the diseases they face, their pain and all..he suddenly stopped talking abt d fact that we may be lucky not to have any of our kids as sicklers, or medical methods we could use like IVF and all..our parents are both aware of the genotype ish, mine are very okay with it. He said he's not sure his parents are okay with it and yet they call me EVERYDAY to assure me nothing will go wrong and to cheer me up and all.. i questioned him cos it made me feel he was looking for an opportunity to leave..and he didnt give me any reply, just stopped talking to me.
Our introduction was slated for next year, he is my first love, I've been so loyal nd i pray for him.. I feel so used and heartbroken..my instincts tell me something is wrong..I'm back to square 1, where would i start from? He was my best friend, my everything..now, it's just me

Life iis just unfair. Imagine I ve what ur man doesn't ve. I am AA. The dream of every AS but yet I am not financially independent I would ve come for u if u don't mind

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by vislabraye(m): 2:07pm On May 28, 2017
ednut1:
Truth is he knew how it wud end. He just dey chop ponmo till e tire
I dey tell you. He just wanted to chop well wll. But she as a doctor, doesn't she know the risks ?

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by UTEWUOJO: 2:08pm On May 28, 2017
NwaObinkita:
Can I take his place

I am AA
You get moni? This babe is used to cash now ooooo!!! the ex na medical doctor, pack well poor fella
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by gare2510(m): 2:30pm On May 28, 2017
I was coming from church today I put my son in the front sit while others were behind he felt caged and lonely I feft bad and relocated him to join the party behind. My question, how will you feel if 5yrs down the line u are not so lucky and you have a sickler child going through a crisis crying asking you mummy why am l always sick. My sister love alone is never enough.
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by Lexmeizta: 4:14pm On May 28, 2017
Okay so I did a bit of searching, not anything deep, but just a rough search online because I've been a victim of heartbreak due to genotype issues, I've tried to move on but still hurts me terribly I feel like I'm just wasting my time.

Findings
more than 70% of the articles I found on google talking about the downsides of 2 AS people getting married are Nigerian based, quite surprising but run a search on google and you'd be awed by the results on the first few pages.
Somehow, I believe there's a way for 2 AS people to be together with reduced risk and have normal kids (I did see an article that explained in detail how this is possible and being done in advanced countries)
My ex is a biochemist and she did confirm that there are procedures but they'll be expensive, although we weren't thinking marriage yet cus we quite young, I implore the OP to do a deeper research, there's got to be ways around it, who knows this just might bring about the next great geneticist from Nigeria, sadly I'm not a medically inclined person but would be interested in this topic if it ever becomes something serious.
@OP take heart

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by Collyno82(m): 4:36pm On May 28, 2017
Fhowe:
Most sound as if we are still in the stonage most of our parents did not know their genotype and it is not as if we have ss children everywhere my dear let him go this is 2017 you guys had options .Why do we sometimes think it is easy to walk away in western countries genotype is not an issue anymore there are reliable and cheap options and we should all stop acting as if abortion is a new thing one thing I know for sure 75% out of girls that are above 18 yrs have done abortion more than once
wish ur parents aborted u, u would have been somewhere peeping at the living. Get sense abortion is not good. its evil
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by Funjosh(m): 5:58pm On May 28, 2017
ggood:
nawa for genetpye

Na serious wa
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by MIKOLOWISKA: 6:05pm On Feb 06, 2018
meiyol:
I just lost my relationship due to genotype issues..he is AS and I'm AS. We knew abt our genotype incompatibility frm the very first day..we were cool with it or so i thought. We were together for a year nd some months before we switched to long distance relationship cos of his job. I'm a med student, he is a doctor, so we both knew wat it meant. I was cool with it cos the signs were there that God put us together..everybody knows it, his parents, my parents..we ourselves knew it that our paths were ordained by God.. Then suddenly,
SUDDENLY
SUDDENLY
DID YOU JUST SAY SUDDENLY? !!!
YOU MUMU NO BE SMALL

from nowhere, he comes up with dangers of having sickler kids, the diseases they face, their pain and all..he suddenly stopped talking abt d fact that we may be lucky not to have any of our kids as sicklers, or medical methods we could use like IVF and all..our parents are both aware of the genotype ish, mine are very okay with it. He said he's not sure his parents are okay with it and yet they call me EVERYDAY to assure me nothing will go wrong and to cheer me up and all.. i questioned him cos it made me feel he was looking for an opportunity to leave..and he didnt give me any reply, just stopped talking to me.
Our introduction was slated for next year, he is my first love, I've been so loyal nd i pray for him.. I feel so used and heartbroken..my instincts tell me something is wrong..I'm back to square 1, where would i start from? He was my best friend, my everything..now, it's just me

Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by Nobody: 8:57pm On Feb 06, 2018
This is serious.. Well this shlt just happened to me this January, we both AS.. we are still in touch but we know it ain't leading nowhere. Infact it was the first thing she first asked me and I said AA but when I used the lab it was AS.. So please move on, Love does not think of itself, kindly think of the misery you are going to put those unborn children into when they are born if you should both continue, avert such by moving on.
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by ibietela2(m): 10:45pm On Feb 06, 2018
Tosinex:
This is serious.. Well this shlt just happened to me this January, we both AS.. we are still in touch but we know it ain't leading nowhere. Infact it was the first thing she first asked me and I said AA but when I used the lab it was AS.. So please move on, Love does not think of itself, kindly think of the misery you are going to put those unborn children into when they are born if you should both continue, avert such by moving on.

Sorry
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by Nobody: 12:03am On Feb 07, 2018
ibietela2:

Sorry
thanks broda.. Such is life, we've just got to move on.
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by Kobicove(m): 9:46am On Feb 07, 2018
His decision to end the relationship was the best...

You would not want to have children who would have a death sentence hanging over them undecided
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by ENDOWEDSAM: 9:49am On Feb 07, 2018
As a leading logistics & Haulage service provider amongst other delivering companies, Gbajumo & Company stands out as the best solution.

We are into Haulage and Logistics services that offer transport services for business enterprises.
We can convey goods/produce/cargos from Lagos to Ibadan and anywhere within Lagos.
-we are reliable,
- we are fast and efficient,
-we are trustworthy and affordable
-we have all necessary documents for our vehicles to be road worthy.

Contact us today on 08137067359, 09054420101, & via our whatsapp platform and feel the positive impact of our services on your business.
Our prices are negotiable.
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by Zemaye11: 5:14am On Oct 29, 2020
Hello ma'am,

If you don't mind I'd love to talk to you...going through something similar and I would appreciate if you could share your experience.

I really hate how Nigerians treat this genotype issue like a curse. There are options for crying out loud. IVF is one... I'm just tired

Thank you �
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by Kogiteraman(m): 8:21am On Sep 21, 2022
He made the right choice, he knew this right from day 1, Just wanna enjoy ur kitten and discharge. And u called ur self a medical practitioner lipsrsealed see I lost a nephew due to sickle cell disease infact he was in excruciating pain before he finally give up at age 12, just carry urself and keep going,

Any ways am AA I got wat ur fiance lacks such is life,
Blood group AB+
Height. 6'1 186cm
Weight. 75kg. And am still single grin
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by Chris2863(m): 8:42am On Sep 21, 2022
egbaguy2:
U shud be ashamed of urself being a med student and still thinking like a fool....that he is a doctor make him stupid too. I lost my ex to this shit and av moved on.
it’s quite surprising. A doctor and a med student fooling themselves

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? / I'm Considering Marrying More Than One Wife , Please I Need Your Advise / I Just Saved A Union And I Am So Proud Of Myself!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.