Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,786 members, 7,810,049 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:22 PM

Despite Court Order, Nnamdi Kanu Addresses Pro-biafra Crowd - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Despite Court Order, Nnamdi Kanu Addresses Pro-biafra Crowd (38639 Views)

Igbo Ekunie Initiative: Another Pro-Biafra Agitation Group Emerges In Nigeria / Nnamdi Kanu Addresses Media After Soldiers & IPOB Clashed In Front Of His House / Coalition Of Imo Youths Say No To Pro Biafra Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Despite Court Order, Nnamdi Kanu Addresses Pro-biafra Crowd by Blue3k(m): 12:57am On May 29, 2017
The leader of the Indigenous People Of Biafra, IPOB, Nnamdi Kanu, addressed a crowd of supporters, numbering more than 10, in his father’s compound in Abia State.

The address, whose video has since gone viral on social media, appeared a violation of conditions set by Justice Binta Nyako when she granted Mr. Kanu bail in April.

Mr. Kanu, who is facing charges of treasonable felony at the Federal High Court in Abuja has been at the vanguard of the call for an independent Biafra republic from the Nigerian state.

In granting him bail in April, Justice Nyako listed 12 conditions, including an order for Mr. Kanu to avoid being seen in a crowd of more than ten people.

The court also instructed that Mr. Kanu desist from granting interviews or engaging in any form of rallies as part of his conditions for bail.

However, in the 14 minutes, 22 seconds video seen by PREMIUM TIMES on Sunday, Mr. Kanu is seen speaking to a congregation of Biafran supporters on the occasion of the Shabbat, a Jewish religious programme.

“Not minding what is happening, we remain IPOB, is that correct? (Crowd respond in chants of affirmation for Mr. Kanu’s question). We are unstoppable. This congregation here is very special to me. This is the very first observance of Shabbat in this very family. My joy knows no bounds because in prison I used to dream about this; I used to dream about keeping the Shabbat,” he said.

The IPOB leader also made reference to the call by his organisation for Ibos and supporters of Biafra to shut down their business operations on May 30, a call that has been condemned by the police.

“On the 30th of May, we will shut this very place down and prepare for Biafra. The choice is theirs, if they will give us a date for the referendum. And if they fail to do that there will be no election in the south east forever and ever,” he said.

Mr. Kanu had applied for the bail alongside his co- defendants, David Nwawuisi, Benjamin Madubugwu and Chidiebere Onwudiwe. He was granted bail, alone, on health grounds, with the judge granting orders for Mr. Kanu’s medical report to be delivered to the court on a monthly basis.

Reacting to the implication of the video on Mr. Kanu’s bail condition, his lawyer, Ifeanyi Ejiofor, said Mr. Kanu’s appearance in a crowd of more than 10 people cannot be regarded as a negation of court orders.

“I have not seen the video, you are referring to, but that cannot be seen in the context you are taking it. The court itself recognised the fact that Kanu is a religious man and that is why one of his sureties was required to be a religious leader from his Jewish religion.

“Remember that Kanu is a Jew. The court, for example, cannot say that Kanu should not go to church, or to a supermarket or any such similar places. That condition and a few others are part of what we are seeking to get the court to interpret,” the counsel said.

source: http://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-east/232409-despite-court-order-nnamdi-kanu-addresses-pro-biafra-crowd.html

10 Likes

Re: Despite Court Order, Nnamdi Kanu Addresses Pro-biafra Crowd by Blue3k(m): 1:10am On May 29, 2017
His lawyers argument weird. Oh well lets see if Kanu goes to jail. His lawyers know, the police knows and court knows. If they dont rearraign him them I guess he didn't break his bail.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Despite Court Order, Nnamdi Kanu Addresses Pro-biafra Crowd by Guestlander: 1:11am On May 29, 2017
He should carry his belongings with him for the next court appearance, that is if he is not picked up before then.
The lawyer must be a comedian, the bail conditions were clear enough.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Despite Court Order, Nnamdi Kanu Addresses Pro-biafra Crowd by Ralphlauren(m): 1:22am On May 29, 2017
He is certainly going back to jail. That's for sure.

No judge would overlook such daring disregard of her orders regarding his bail conditions.

13 Likes

Re: Despite Court Order, Nnamdi Kanu Addresses Pro-biafra Crowd by Guestlander: 1:24am On May 29, 2017
Ralphlauren:
He is certainly going back to jail. That's for sure.

No judge would overlook such daring disregard of her orders regarding his bail conditions.

I can bet my last kobo that he will go back to jail.

11 Likes

Re: Despite Court Order, Nnamdi Kanu Addresses Pro-biafra Crowd by mykelmeezy: 2:27am On May 29, 2017
initially i was in support of the biafra movement

but recent events have shown me biafra is a very foolish way of going about the right thing the wrong way

first of i dont believe in one Nigeria.... without true federalism​ (so fvck luggard)

secondly i understand the urge of the south not the be associated with the north and the slavery mentality of the west can sometimes be irritating

but then seems the biafra aint any better

someone on one thread asked a question

after biafra ..what next? what has been put in place?

and all i saw were tribalistic insults against the op

at that point its obvious biafrans dont know what they want

before you quote and spew trash am deltan so both north east and west are all parasites to our "oil money" lol

so i think the whole issue needs one thing

either biafra settles for a referendum (tho most south east states have useless leaders now who were voted by this same people clamouring for biafra) but then those who have the power to push for the referendum arr hibernating

so the only logic way now is simply TRUE FEDERALISM

86 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Despite Court Order, Nnamdi Kanu Addresses Pro-biafra Crowd by Blue3k(m): 2:32am On May 29, 2017
mykelmeezy Why the huge spaces when your comment can be condensed to 2 short paragraphs? Lol dont worry you'll get likes and shares without all the theatrics. I agree with bolded statement. Is the South East governors forum they are still saying things like Nigeria can be one. other threads they were going crazy posting things like unity beggars, parasites and afonja but that thread was pretty quiet. Even Kanu's words seem odd who should be calling for Referendum if Not South East statement first since they are aggrieved party.

The whole emotional knee jerk reaction some of these secessionist have is because they emotional. I personally dont think Kanu broke bail. My reason for thinking so is the prosecution would have already jumped on this like hyenas. Courts would have had him warrant. Police and federal government read papers and pay attention to social media. If they haven't its either they dont care, stacking up bigger case or he didn't break bail.

In a statement issued in Abakaliki, the Chairman of the South East Governors’ Forum and Governor of Ebonyi State, Chief David Umahi called for calm and wisdom in the ongoing agitation for Biafran state, adding that Nigeria could still be one.

mykelmeezy:
Initially I was in support of the Biafra movement but recent events have shown me Biafra is a very foolish way of going about the right thing the wrong way first of i dont believe in one Nigeria.... without true federalism​ (so fvck luggard). Secondly i understand the urge of the south not the be associated with the north and the slavery mentality of the west can sometimes be irritating but then seems the Biafra aint any better. Someone on one thread asked a question after biafra ..what next? What has been put in place?

All i saw were tribalistic insults against the op at that point its obvious Biafrans dont know what they want before you quote and spew trash am Deltan so both north east and west are all parasites to our "oil money" lol. I think the whole issue needs one thing either Biafra settles for a referendum (tho most south east states have useless leaders now who were voted by this same people clamoring for Biafra) but then those who have the power to push for the referendum arr hibernating so the only logic way now is simply TRUE FEDERALISM.

6 Likes

Re: Despite Court Order, Nnamdi Kanu Addresses Pro-biafra Crowd by ipobarecriminals: 2:43am On May 29, 2017
sad KANU is a FRAUDSTER,Ipobarecriminals cc: JOE IGBOKWE,April 2017..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Despite Court Order, Nnamdi Kanu Addresses Pro-biafra Crowd by ozowarac: 3:02am On May 29, 2017
we are waiting for them to come and touch him, Nigeria is just Playing with fire that will burn them all. this time around remember is a revenge mission .

Over 5 million Igbos/Biafrans by Hausa/yoruba/fulani

38 Likes

Re: Despite Court Order, Nnamdi Kanu Addresses Pro-biafra Crowd by GodIsFoolish: 3:12am On May 29, 2017
Blue3k:
His lawyers argument weird. Oh well lets see if Kanu goes to jail. His lawyers know, the police knows and court knows. If they dont rearraign him them I guess he didn't break his bail.

When will the Islamic State of Nigeria arrest Buhari for disobeying court oder?

120 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Despite Court Order, Nnamdi Kanu Addresses Pro-biafra Crowd by hola106(m): 3:26am On May 29, 2017
I pity una stupidity

2 Likes

Re: Despite Court Order, Nnamdi Kanu Addresses Pro-biafra Crowd by mynd1(f): 3:33am On May 29, 2017
I think its high time DSS send this Albino terrorist back to kuje.

And to all the useless ipods jubilating that a cow is named " Buhari ", should remember this is the same provocative words and actions that lead to the death of ur 3million tribe men!

truly a fool at 40 is a fool forever.

make una continue!

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Despite Court Order, Nnamdi Kanu Addresses Pro-biafra Crowd by Blue3k(m): 3:33am On May 29, 2017
GodIsFoolish:

When will the Islamic State of Nigeria arrest Buhari for disobeying court order?

Same day representatives find the voice to condemn him publicly. Who know when that will be.

5 Likes

Re: Despite Court Order, Nnamdi Kanu Addresses Pro-biafra Crowd by APCsupporter: 4:15am On May 29, 2017
ozowarac:
we are waiting for them to come and touch him, Nigeria is just Playing with fire that will burn them all. this time around remember is a revenge mission .

you said more before his first arrest. I just wish that FG will just execute him without waiting for the courts. NOTHING will happen after that

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Despite Court Order, Nnamdi Kanu Addresses Pro-biafra Crowd by GodIsFoolish: 4:50am On May 29, 2017
mynd1:
I think its high time DSS send this Albino terrorist back to kuje.

And to all the useless ipods jubilating that a cow is named " Buhari ", should remember this is the same provocative words and actions that lead to the death of ur 3million tribe men!

truly a fool at 40 is a fool forever.

make una continue!

Stupid Muhammadian, where is your president

96 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Despite Court Order, Nnamdi Kanu Addresses Pro-biafra Crowd by IstandWitBuhari: 4:53am On May 29, 2017
Where is the vegetable cow buhari sef

47 Likes

Re: Despite Court Order, Nnamdi Kanu Addresses Pro-biafra Crowd by Jaideyone(m): 6:55am On May 29, 2017
mykelmeezy:
initially i was in support of the biafra movement

but recent events have shown me biafra is a very foolish way of going about the right thing the wrong way

first of i dont believe in one Nigeria.... without true federalism​ (so fvck luggard)

secondly i understand the urge of the south not the be associated with the north and the slavery mentality of the west can sometimes be irritating

before you quote and spew trash am deltan so both north east and west are all parasites to our "oil money" lol

either biafra settles for a referendum (tho most south east states have useless leaders now who were voted by this same people clamouring for biafra) but then those who have the power to push for the referendum arr hibernating

so the only logic way now is simply TRUE FEDERALISM
slavery mentality of the west just because we chose to for an alliance with other opposition minority parties to grab power yet you claim to be a detribalised Nigerian.

you are not very different from your fellow deluded Igbos. you just don't have the balls to go all out yet

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Despite Court Order, Nnamdi Kanu Addresses Pro-biafra Crowd by Zikaviirus: 6:58am On May 29, 2017
mykelmeezy:
[s]initially i was in support of the biafra movement

so the only logic way now is simply TRUE FEDERALISM[/s]

89 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Despite Court Order, Nnamdi Kanu Addresses Pro-biafra Crowd by NaijaMutant(f): 6:58am On May 29, 2017
ok
Re: Despite Court Order, Nnamdi Kanu Addresses Pro-biafra Crowd by Jaideyone(m): 6:59am On May 29, 2017
ozowarac:

same way you crybabies threatened to burn the country down if he gets arrested back in 2015. he spent 20 months in jail and the country didn't even boil not to talk of burning grin keep deceiving yourself

it's either those issuing threats and cheering him on are ignorant or you want him yo go to jail

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Despite Court Order, Nnamdi Kanu Addresses Pro-biafra Crowd by xcolanto(m): 7:21am On May 29, 2017
The gathering of monumental failures, cry babies, brown roofers, illiterate almajiris, unity beggers. Ewedu Sippers, Igbo haters, KANU nightmares, pained souls, ITK's, jobless mofo's and all other miscreants. IPOB matter go kill una o! Be warned! This is way above your IQ's.. I see your graves been dug on this one! grin

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Despite Court Order, Nnamdi Kanu Addresses Pro-biafra Crowd by CharlotteFlair: 7:46am On May 29, 2017
Jaideyone:
same way you crybabies threatened to burn the country down if he gets arrested back in 2015. he spent 20 months in jail and the country didn't even boil not to talk of burning grin keep deceiving yourself

it's either those issuing threats and cheering him on are ignorant or you want him yo go to jail
If KANU was an afonja, he would have died in detention and nothing again would happen! Useless yorrobers!

44 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Yemi Osinbajo Pictured With Clergymen / I Didn't Attend PDP Convention — Obasanjo / Protect Yourselves From Bandits - Governor Matawalle Tells Zamfara Residents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.