Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,433 members, 7,830,178 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:22 PM

Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! (31415 Views)

I Feel Depressed! My Cousin Beat Me Because Of N100 Biscuit / How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? / My cousin who got married this year July is actually thinking of leaving the man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! by hardbody: 6:15pm On Jun 01, 2017
Henrypraise:

u seems not to understand, issues like dis are not abt d certificate or d profession, its about wat more cud she be hiding or lying abt?

I av seen some one hu almost cancelled his wedding cos his fiancee whom he tot was from a poor home was Infact from a well to do family, his reasons where dat: wat more cud she be hiding...

This could be deliberate to test the guy's love. It doesn't go to the root of the matter.
Re: Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! by Charliiee(m): 6:27pm On Jun 01, 2017
9japrof:
Mehn if I were him, I would damn the consequences and call of the wedding sharp sharp. buh come to think of it, why would a guy cancel a wedding just because of a mere certificate ?

Why because they are deep shit this lady could be keeping in her cupboard, if a lady can lie about something as non-trival as a certificate, what about more trivial issues like genotype, friends, age and the rest of it.

Marriage should be built on truth, the worst I can stand is lie, how would the husband take it when his wife comes back late from work and tell him she got stuck in traffic, would he believe her? if no, now is the time to call off the marriage. A broken relationship remains cheaper and more stress free than a broken or unhappy marriage.

my 2 cents though
you should check the meaning of Trivial before you use the word.
Re: Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! by eyinjuege: 6:31pm On Jun 01, 2017
It's a pity the trust is broken.
Many people lie to their would be spouses, from age, wages, family status, religion, educational bckgrd, children from previous relationships, Just name it.

Well, they've done the traditional already. They should try and start afresh. Are there any virtues in the woman? What did he see in her? Or was it the law degree, and the grade that attracted him?.

Hope they can build the trust again.
Re: Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! by Ayanfeoluwaoba(f): 6:33pm On Jun 01, 2017
My thought exactly! Why lie or show off about something of such knowing fully well the guy will not relent just to make sure he makes an impart!! That's too big a mistake.

Afam4eva:

It's really not about the certificate but the lie. How does one lie about something like that to someone you want to spend your life with.
Re: Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! by adisabarber(m): 6:34pm On Jun 01, 2017
I have no problem with people seeking the truth as long as they are ready to know the truth. Asking for opinion after knowing the truth means the guy wasn't ready to face the truth.

Chidonc:

d truth shld rather kill me than believin lies.
Re: Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! by Ayanfeoluwaoba(f): 6:37pm On Jun 01, 2017
It's not too late here, unless you want your cousin to live a miserable and frustrated life, as he would continue comparing her to the already carved "image" in his head.

obitee69:
My cuzin has been boiling. But its too late
Re: Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jun 01, 2017
obitee69:
Good day guys, my brother just confided in me that his wife to be lied to him. She told him she studied law from a UK uni with 2.2 as her grade. She never wanted to go to law school and my cousin has since been encouraging her.

Now he just stumbled on her certificate which says she studied Sociology and graduated with a pass!!

Now hes depressed. Hes white is in 2months time and he has already done trad. Pls what should he do!! shocked
Hahahahaha. I personally think your brother is full of ego. Sounds to me like he's one of those who do not understand the word "diversity". grin
Re: Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! by Madeu(m): 6:43pm On Jun 01, 2017
obitee69:
Good day guys, my brother just confided in me that his wife to be lied to him. She told him she studied law from a UK uni with 2.2 as her grade. She never wanted to go to law school and my cousin has since been encouraging her.

Now he just stumbled on her certificate which says she studied Sociology and graduated with a pass!!

Now hes depressed. Hes white is in 2months time and he has already done trad. Pls what should he do!! shocked

Your cousin never asked about her experience in the UK and pictures?
Re: Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! by eledalo: 6:44pm On Jun 01, 2017
9japrof:
Mehn if I were him, I would damn the consequences and call of the wedding sharp sharp. buh come to think of it, why would a guy cancel a wedding just because of a mere certificate ?

Why because they are deep shit this lady could be keeping in her cupboard, if a lady can lie about something as non-trival as a certificate, what about more trivial issues like genotype, friends, age and the rest of it.

Marriage should be built on truth, the worst I can stand is lie, how would the husband take it when his wife comes back late from work and tell him she got stuck in traffic, would he believe her? if no, now is the time to call off the marriage. A broken relationship remains cheaper and more stress free than a broken or unhappy marriage.

my 2 cents though

Good points made. However, you should look up the meaning of trivial, you have misused it here.

Nairaland is turning me to an English teacher
Re: Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! by diva90: 6:45pm On Jun 01, 2017
Greenbullet:
this is the most stupid comment I have ever read on nairaland, believe me honestly.

Not as stupid as you are! If you don't have any thing wise to say then shut up!
Re: Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jun 01, 2017
9japrof:

my 2 cents though
His brother didn't do any background check on her and so, was easily deceived
Re: Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jun 01, 2017
Re: Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! by ogawisdom(m): 7:06pm On Jun 01, 2017
eyinjuege:
It's a pity the trust is broken.
Many people lie to their would be spouses, from age, wages, family status, religion, educational bckgrd, children from previous relationships, Just name it.

Well, they've done the traditional already. They should try and start afresh. Are there any virtues in the woman? What did he see in her? Or was it the law degree, and the grade that attracted him?.

Hope they can build the trust again.

From all indications d uk law degree mattered most to d man, may be d man na gold digger self

1 Like

Re: Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jun 01, 2017
Chei! Satanic women full ground.
Re: Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! by flyingdutchman(m): 7:15pm On Jun 01, 2017
It is not too late. She is dangerous and is capable of much more
obitee69:
My cuzin has been boiling. But its too late
Re: Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! by FromZeroToHero(m): 7:23pm On Jun 01, 2017
I guess the lady is somehow related to Liar Mohammed.
Re: Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:24pm On Jun 01, 2017
diva90:
I was expecting to read something more serious undecided ... if that's enough reason for your cousin to call off his wedding, then he never loved that girl in the first place.

Love has absolutely nothing to do with the issue.... If it was, then all women could simply lie through their teeth during dating (I am a virgin, i never had kids, I love you etc) and expect love to make their partner overlook the fact that these are all lies... Nonsense!

This is simply a case of: what matters to each and everyone of us. I don't know about you but this man expect his future wife to be educated, and was pressing her to continue studying law.... Because he cared about that.

Just as you could be dating a "supposed" god fearing christian man, dreaming of baptism and spending sundays in church with the whole family....only to realize right before marriage that he is liar, and instead a Muslim. Would you still go ahead with marriage, knowing that all your dreams of baptism/church etc won't happen?!

Only a very desperate person would.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! by TinaAnita(f): 7:31pm On Jun 01, 2017
At least she is a graduate. It seems your cousin was never sure of his choice of partner in the first place otherwise he wouldn't stick his nose where it doesn't belong. He should back off now if he is not prepared for marriage
Re: Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! by blaqroy: 7:32pm On Jun 01, 2017
Relationship that started with lie... We shall s.....
Re: Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! by tobrinskilanski: 7:37pm On Jun 01, 2017
obitee69:

It depends on the other qualities that can cover for the "lie"...if it's worth it.

Consider these things:
-is she teachable
-check her commitment in the relationship before u proposed to her.
-does she ve a quick temper or she can tolerate.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! by lekan23(m): 7:51pm On Jun 01, 2017
Some ladies can lie Sha
Re: Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! by ivolt: 7:52pm On Jun 01, 2017
fineboynl:
.I m currently raising a movement to put stop to marriage as it sure needs to be outlawed. it's a scam and I have heard enough of it.
grin grin grin grin grin
Biggest joke of the century.
Re: Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! by Chidonc(m): 7:57pm On Jun 01, 2017
adisabarber:
I have no problem with people seeking the truth as long as they are ready to know the truth. Asking for opinion after knowing the truth means the guy wasn't ready to face the truth.

u dont get it, d guy was searchin 4 sometin when he stumbled upon her results, e neva hard anytin in mind
Re: Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! by sixtus3606(m): 8:06pm On Jun 01, 2017
Sirpaul:
........my ears ...
Excuse me please...is this the popular Wole Soyinka?? grin
Re: Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! by dreamangel: 8:14pm On Jun 01, 2017
People chai!!! Honestly I hate lies especially from people you are supposed to trust. I do not know what he should do but if I am the one I will never be able to trust the person. Frankly I won't forget. I will end the relationship and thank God I found out on time.

Someone who wants to marry you should be able to deal with your warts and all, tell them the truth and let them start early to deal with it. What if someone starts blackmailing her with it after the marriage. Some secrets are not worth the consequences. Tomorrow she will start dating one man and say it is her cousin smh.

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! by Fourwinds: 8:16pm On Jun 01, 2017
cheating and lies I detest....not compactable at all
Re: Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! by dingbang(m): 8:17pm On Jun 01, 2017
9japrof:

my 2 cents though
if she can lie about that then she can also lie about abortions done or sexual partners... Plse what he did was right... Never end up living with a deceiver
Re: Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! by Fourwinds: 8:17pm On Jun 01, 2017
TinaAnita:
At least she is a graduate. It seems your cousin was never sure of his choice of partner in the first place otherwise he wouldn't stick his nose where it doesn't belong. He should back off now if he is not prepared for marriage

with lies abi
Re: Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! by richard16(m): 8:21pm On Jun 01, 2017
Well for me i don't think i can ever trust her again after that, cox marriage is for better and for worse oo.... Daz how my ex lied to me that shez a virgin and i belive the poo only to find out am dating an asshole...
The rest is history now....
Re: Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! by SPOILT9JAOLOSHO(m): 8:22pm On Jun 01, 2017
It is not a grievious crime actually, you can continue so long as lying isn't her habit. But this is a behaviour of those who feel proud & wont take themselves as they are.. Let her repent & change her ways. Forgive her & possibly work on her attitude, change her urself.
Re: Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! by Kobidave1(m): 8:29pm On Jun 01, 2017
obitee69:

ur brother has already done marriage. So there is nothing there to cancel. We just de fool ourselves. Once he has done traditional marriage the woman is ur wife. I don't know wat is bringing this mentality on white marriage into our naija head.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Driver Knocked Out Two Teeth From His Baby Mama / Wonder Wedding: Day The Blind Played For Deaf And Dumb Couple - Photo / Nigeria Woman Delivers Quadruplets After Over 20 Years Of Waiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.