Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,442 members, 7,830,210 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! (31416 Views)

I Feel Depressed! My Cousin Beat Me Because Of N100 Biscuit / How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? / My cousin who got married this year July is actually thinking of leaving the man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! by Jman06(m): 7:53am On Jun 02, 2017
It's funny how some people fail to see the main issue here. The problem is not about the certificate but the lies she told. Trusting such a lady ever again would be a very difficult task.

I wonder why some people can't do without telling lies.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! by Max24: 8:06am On Jun 02, 2017
ChopBellefull:
Daz hw precious lied to me dat she is studying in UNIBEN after 2 years i saw her and asked her abt service coz sha claimed she was in 300 level then. Only to tell ne dat, m sorry dear i lied to u i was in auchi poly. OMG! After buhari fear women
At least she told u the truth later.
Re: Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! by Nobody: 8:33am On Jun 02, 2017
diva90:

Have you ever told a lie in your life? If yes ,then pls keep quiet.
If you have been completely honest all your life.... then I have no further words for you.
In my opinion, I don't believe it's enough reason for him to leave her. It's not like she claimed to be educated and he found out that she never went to school.
We are talking about relationship here my dear, marriage for matter. I guess you don't know what its mean to build a wrong fundation. Just imagine a situation were u can never trust ur hubby, the problem here is not that lied, but sticking to that lie.and allowing the man to find out himself. The moment she realizes that things has got to this important level, open confession is required.
If you are the type of girl who think the feeling of love is all you require to jump to any marriage sorry u will have to deal with some other traits for the rest of ur life. Don't allow love to blind u dear.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! by mylove4God(f): 8:51am On Jun 02, 2017
Too bad... It gets to a certain point in relation where both partners have to be sincere with each and confess all the necessary lies they told each other. The lady failed on that but how come she told a lie that will one day be revealed. It is something that she can't hide for long.
Re: Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! by ladyverere(f): 9:10am On Jun 02, 2017
Afam4eva:

It's really not about the certificate but the lie. How does one lie about something like that to someone you want to spend your life with.

It happens. My brother's fiancée lied that she was a graduate from DELSU. He married her within 6 months of courtship and found out that she's a stark illiterate without even a WAEC result! So he found himself stuck in a marriage with an illiterate in every way.

Op, ur brother has been hoodwinked. It happens to men and women who always set high standards for their future spouses. Let him deal with it.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! by Adinije(f): 9:50am On Jun 02, 2017
Why you do still call her fiancee? As long as he has done trad, she is wife already.
Re: Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! by obidia(f): 10:41am On Jun 02, 2017
A relationship based on lies is not good particularly on things very important in life. Why lie you studied law when it could be found out. If the lie was told before the relationship was even strong, and after you see you are in it for real call him and tell him the truth and ask for his forgiveness even if he is angry you lied to him he would appreciate your honesty.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! by Berbierklaus(f): 11:03am On Jun 02, 2017
ladyverere:

It happens. My brother's fiancée lied that she was a graduate from DELSU. He married her within 6 months of courtship and found out that she's a stark illiterate without even a WAEC result! So he found himself stuck in a marriage with an illiterate in every way.

Op, ur brother has been hoodwinked. It happens to men and women who always set high standards for their future spouses. Let him deal with it.
That's it
Re: Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! by havilla(f): 11:14am On Jun 02, 2017
RaeMystix:
From law to Sociology. grin
Anyways, I don't see why he can't continue with the wedding. If he loves her and never thought about been married to her for the main purpose of bragging rights ( My wife studied abroad and has a law degree), then all she had to do is come clean if she has any other truths to fess up.
Besides, who law degree help for Ninja and even for UK sef?
it has helped a lot of people dear, do not say what you do not know about the noble profession.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! by ade285(m): 11:24am On Jun 02, 2017
Now everything she says from now on, he'll take it with a pinch of salt..

I doubt if there'll be trust in that marriage...

It's left to your brother to decide if he can be in a marriage like that for the rest of his life.
Re: Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! by RaeMystix: 4:14pm On Jun 02, 2017
havilla:
it has helped a lot of people dear, do not say what you do not know about the noble profession.
Most folks are leaning towards getting either into healthcare or careers in technology, cos that's what is always going to be in demand. One could get a law degree, but may have difficulty securing the jobs he/she desires or deserves. Not in countries like Nigeria. Only a few do succed. Same goes for folks in countries in the UK, cos most jobs goes to their citizens and not folks they consider Foreigners. Don't let me even get into that of America. There are alot of Nigerians that have had to seek for careers in either Healthcare or Technology, due to the lack of jobs available. It goes mostly to the whites.One can only be an exception if one perhaps has a degree from an IVY league school and has extraordinary potentials.
Re: Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! by RaeMystix: 4:18pm On Jun 02, 2017
Kobicove:

It's not too late...

If it were me I would walk away.

I'm not ready to marry a dunce!
She isn't a dunce if she has a college degree. Yes, having a degree in Sociology may give her limited opportunities in terms of obtaining a well paid job, but atleast she does have a degree, and pride of being a college graduate.
Re: Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! by Collyno82(m): 1:26pm On Jun 03, 2017
Afam4eva:

It's really not about the certificate but the lie. How does one lie about something like that to someone you want to spend your life with.
Who no dey lie, if the dude never lie before since he was born, let him cast the Ist stone n call off the white wedding. Even lie Mohammed will expect u to tell the truth always. Abegi free the poor girl joor

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Driver Knocked Out Two Teeth From His Baby Mama / Wonder Wedding: Day The Blind Played For Deaf And Dumb Couple - Photo / Nigeria Woman Delivers Quadruplets After Over 20 Years Of Waiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.