Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,186 members, 7,822,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria (35425 Views)

See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) / 5 Best Places To Live In Lagos / Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jun 06, 2017
Jayceon:
hahaha hai

I'm outta here,good night Zar!

G'nite, J smiley
Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by OTgenasis: 9:42pm On Jun 06, 2017
Jayceon:
that "SA this SA that" tune is going to end,Lionessza,ZarZar and of cause Me are gonna end it.we are the motherfücking Three Musketeers so any mumu villager that think they can talk smack about the Mighty Republic of SA and get away with it are dead wrong,we will be at their service...TRUST THAT AND BELIEVE THAT cool

I'm still wondering how easy it is for you to combine your daily activities and being on nairaland 24/7, waiting for any Nigerian news to troll on. Those people you engage here are just a few jobless Nigerians and their views about your country doesn't represent the perception of SA by all Nigerians. So I'll advise you and the other lioness to use your precious time for something more important than this everyday SA vs Naija e-fights. Unless you are also jobless like the nairaland trolls. Honestly It's getting very boring mate.

2 Likes

Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jun 06, 2017
OTgenasis:

I'm still wondering how easy it is for you to combine your daily activities and being on nairaland 24/7, waiting for any Nigerian news to troll on. Those people you engage here are just a few jobless Nigerians and their views about your country doesn't represent the perception of SA by all Nigerians. So I'll advise you and the other lioness to use your precious time for something more important than this everyday SA vs Naija e-fights. Unless you are also jobless like the nairaland trolls. Honestly It's getting very boring mate.
24/7 Oh it was an exaggeration

1 Like

Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jun 06, 2017
afrikanbabe:

Most condescending attitude ever! Goodness me. This thread was going just fine before all this your rubbish talk.

1 Like

Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by princejude(m): 10:54pm On Jun 06, 2017
Just a simple request and the thread don enta page 11
Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by OTgenasis: 11:45pm On Jun 06, 2017
afrikanbabe:
Hello Nairalanders,

I am a South African woman very interested in relocating to Lagos, Nigeria. I've lived in the country before so I'm quite familiar with the people, food and culture. I love the energy in Nigeria despite the hardships.
I would like to find out how South Africans living in Nigeria get their jobs, via international recruiters or friends or how? Also, how easy is it to organize the right papers? I am not looking to marry for green card oo... unless genuine love is concerned.

So any advice or leads, I'd really appreciate. Thank you folks

Hi... I don't know what you studied in uni or what your area of specialization is but if it has anything to do with telecommunications, you can try searching for a job with MTN grin .... This may sound funny but I just feel you'd have an upper hand based on your nationality. And i think they pay their workers well too.

But most importantly, please make sure you get a job offer before coming like someone mentioned earlier. I wish you all the best.
Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by MduZA: 4:36am On Jun 07, 2017
Jayceon:
that "SA this SA that" tune is going to end,Lionessza,ZarZar and of cause Me are gonna end it.we are the motherfücking Three Musketeers so any mumu villager that think they can talk smack about the Mighty Republic of SA and get away with it are dead wrong,we will be at their service...TRUST THAT AND BELIEVE THAT cool

"eshe azishe ke"!!!
Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by MduZA: 4:44am On Jun 07, 2017
morpheus24:

Obviously you guys don't know about me on this forum. This is my good and polite side, better ask your comrade MDuZa and the rest of the SA gang on Nairaland before you look for trouble that you will regret starting. You must think you are dealing with Uche from Nnewi or those Nigerians you see on your streets in Yeoville.

You have been warned!!!

Mfethu" remind me about yourself...i remember "fokol ngawe"
Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by Lionessza(f): 6:29am On Jun 07, 2017
ZarZar:

Lol, whatever, Jace. Germany? That's an interesting choice. So you think they're more tolerant? Wasn't Hitler German?

Me, I love the British countryside & Ireland. I have a thing for hills, greenery etc. So I'd wanna live in a place like that, surrounded by nature. Another country I love is Russia lol. This one I can't explain. I must have been a Svetlana in another life because I just have this inexplicable connection with that country. Wouldn't wanna live there though, just pay a visit. In Africa? Egypt & Morocco. Egypt for the pyramids. Morocco I find exotic. Again, only as a tourist.

We definitely have something in common there . Everytime I watch an Irish movie or documentary I always think I could feel at home there even with all the goats and chickens roaming around grin grin. Also add Scotland there something about the country always gets my attention.

2 Likes

Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by Lionessza(f): 6:38am On Jun 07, 2017
Jayceon:
Let me sum up all the unoriginal,repetitive vomit they usually spew before I exit this useless topic...

-hiv country
-their economy is controled by their white masters
-nigeria is giant of africa
-xenophobic lazy zulus
-south africa will be another zimbabwe
-Southies are not adventurous(my favorite grin)
-we steal their women
-our GDP
-blah bla blah blah,more yada yada less ching ching

You forgot to add;

* they are jealous of us.
* they are not industrious like us ( my favorite )
*they all live in slums and villages with no lights (only whites live in cities grin grin
*we run the cities in their country grin

2 Likes

Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by Nobody: 6:59am On Jun 07, 2017
Lionessza:

We definitely have something in common there . Everytime I watch an Irish movie or documentary I always think I could feel at home there even with all the goats and chickens roaming around grin grin. Also add Scotland there something about the country always gets my attention.

Yes, Ms McKinley. We might as well start having Irish/Scottish sounding surnames lol. Their environment is to die for. It looks unspoiled & very green. Looks peaceful too, which is a big plus.

You slept well, dear?

1 Like

Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by Lionessza(f): 7:08am On Jun 07, 2017
ZarZar:

Yes, Ms McKinley. We might as well start having Irish/Scottish sounding surnames lol. Their environment is to die for. It looks unspoiled & very green. Looks peaceful too, which is a big plus.

You slept well, dear?

Lol @the names. Yeah their environment does seem tranquil.

Slept with all the lights on , I can't tolerate darkness when I'm alone . It's a weird fear I've had since childhood and I thought it was over but whenever someone i know dies it comes back grin. I guess I watched horror movies before I was ready for them grin.

How did you sleep.

1 Like

Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by Nobody: 7:21am On Jun 07, 2017
Lionessza:

Lol @the names. Yeah their environment does seem tranquil.

Slept with all the lights on , I can't tolerate darkness when I'm alone . It's a weird fear I've had since childhood and I thought it was over but whenever someone i know dies it comes back grin. I guess I watched horror movies before I was ready for them grin.

How did you sleep.

Awww, sorry about that. Kanti, where's your dude? Kicked him to da curb already? tongue Just joking. Uphi?

Ah, I slept OK. OMG, the blankets always feel the best when you have to wake up & today they were just AWESOME, I almost didn't wake up.

1 Like

Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by MduZA: 7:21am On Jun 07, 2017
Lionessza:

You forgot to add;

* they are jealous of us.
* they are not industrious like us ( my favorite )
*they all live in slums and villages with no lights (only whites live in cities grin grin
*we run the cities in their country grin

lol

1 Like

Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by Lionessza(f): 7:36am On Jun 07, 2017
ZarZar:

Awww, sorry about that. Kanti, where's your dude? Kicked him to da curb already? tongue Just joking. Uphi?

Ah, I slept OK. OMG, the blankets always feel the best when you have to wake up & today they were just AWESOME, I almost didn't wake up.

Dumped his ugly ass grin grin. Kidding, uyo spana e Kimberly (but atleast uyabuya today and the tall guy with a neanderthal like face wearing a huge black raincoat and gunboots, walking slowly towards my room, won't be visiting today grin).

Hahahaha tjo i know what you mean and it's going to get worse kuthwa kusezobanda.
Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by Nobody: 7:46am On Jun 07, 2017
Lionessza:

Dumped his ugly ass grin grin. Kidding, uyo spana e Kimberly (but atleast uyabuya today and the tall guy with a neanderthal like face wearing a huge black raincoat and gunboots, walking slowly towards my room, won't be visiting today grin).

Hahahaha tjo i know what you mean and it's going to get worse kuthwa kusezobanda.

Oh OK, shame. Hahaha, you should burn impepho if your imagination runs wild at night when you're alone. I remember how it helped me one time. I couldn't sleep after ukusweleka kukamama. So this one evening I had a headache & then my aunt came over to burn impepho. I slept like a baby for the 1st time in weeks.

I'm really not looking forward to the cold lol. Bathing becomes a hustle in the morning because you don't feel like stepping out of the jammies. If only I could turn into a cat until spring lol. One lick on the face doesn't sound like a bad idea grin

1 Like

Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by Lionessza(f): 8:10am On Jun 07, 2017
ZarZar:

Oh OK, shame. Hahaha, you should burn impepho if your imagination runs wild at night when you're alone. I remember how it helped me one time. I couldn't sleep after ukusweleka kukamama. So this one evening I had a headache & then my aunt came over to burn impepho. I slept like a baby for the 1st time in weeks.

I'm really not looking forward to the cold lol. Bathing becomes a hustle in the morning because you don't feel like stepping out of the jammies. If only I could turn into a cat until spring lol. One lick on the face doesn't sound like a bad idea grin

Oh tjo haven't seen that thing in ages, maybe I should visit a taxi rank in downtown jozi I'm sure my zulu Bros will hook me up lol. A friend of mine also did say it helps, keyena wayethetha about evil spirits grin.

Same here , worse I have to put on all these clothes which feel heavy on me, but I love winter on most weekends coz I dont have to wake up or do anything just eat, play lol and have my wine in front of a TV screen with a blanket on. Worst thing about it though is the weight gain I have to deal with in September grin coz waking up for a jog from now on is going to cause fights in my home grin. Lmfao @the bolded.

1 Like

Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by jakandeola(m): 8:14am On Jun 07, 2017
Lionessza:
[/b]

Oh tjo haven't seen that thing in ages, maybe I should visit a taxi rank in downtown jozi I'm sure my zulu Bros will hook me up lol. A friend of mine also did say it helps, keyena wayethetha about evil spirits grin.

Same here , worse I have to put on all these clothes which feel heavy on me, but I love winter on most weekends coz I dont have to wake up or do anything just eat, play lol and have my wine in front of a TV screen with a blanket on. Worst thing about it though is the weight gain I have to deal with in September grin coz waking up for a jog from now on is going to cause fights in my home grin. Lmfao @the bolded.
dis a naija rums pls hahaha
Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by Lionessza(f): 8:16am On Jun 07, 2017
jakandeola:
dis a naija rums pls hahaha

What? I don't understand what you mean?
Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by Nobody: 8:17am On Jun 07, 2017
Lionessza:
[/b]

LMAO. He'll fight because you're taking the heat away xa uyojoga? Sounds like you really unwind over the weekend. Me, I only get to rest on Sundays because Saturdays I keep up to date with the house chores, errands etc. No rest embarassed

1 Like

Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by jakandeola(m): 8:21am On Jun 07, 2017
Lionessza:

What? I don't understand what you mean?
it mean I wan marry zarzar and bring her here
Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by morpheus24: 8:23am On Jun 07, 2017
MduZA:

Mfethu" remind me about yourself...i remember "fokol ngawe"

Illiterate in action. How am I suppose to decipher what the last two words of your response mean. This is not alexandra township. Speak english no fanaglo here.
Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by Nobody: 8:24am On Jun 07, 2017
Lionessza:
[/b]

1 Like

Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by Lionessza(f): 8:39am On Jun 07, 2017
ZarZar:

LMAO. He'll fight because you're taking the heat away xa uyojoga? Sounds like you really unwind over the weekend. Me, I only get to rest on Sundays because Saturdays I keep up to date with the house chores, errands etc. No rest embarassed

Lol, no because I hate jogging alone and my friend whom I trained with (umhlolokazi) recently moved out of the area and now I do it with him only and he hates it especially winter time the boy just ain't a morning person phofu kwayena but he's worse nge winter lol. So ndizothi ndimvusa for ukundikhapha athukisele lol so I won't do it till winter is over.

Oh, with me my chore day on the weekend is Sunday coz I enjoy cooking and I must say I'm damn good at it grin. Saturday is his coz he has ocd grin. The guy cleans even the clean dishes and I like this sickness coz it means I get to watch him do everything the way he likes it coz when I do it it's not good enough grin so I let him be lol.

1 Like

Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by Lionessza(f): 8:41am On Jun 07, 2017
jakandeola:
it mean I wan marry zarzar and bring her here

Ok , tell her that.
Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by Nobody: 9:01am On Jun 07, 2017
Lionessza:

Lol, no because I hate jogging alone and my friend whom I trained with (umhlolokazi) recently moved out of the area and now I do it with him only and he hates it especially winter time the boy just ain't a morning person phofu kwayena but he's worse nge winter lol. So ndizothi ndimvusa for ukundikhapha athukisele lol so I won't do it till winter is over.

Oh, with me my chore day on the weekend is Sunday coz I enjoy cooking and I must say I'm damn good at it grin. Saturday is his coz he has ocd grin. The guy cleans even the clean dishes and I like this sickness coz it means I get to watch him do everything the way he likes it coz when I do it it's not good enough grin so I let him be lol.

OK, I understand lol. Oh, your friend moved? Where to?
Sounds like we're going through a similar situation. My "closest friend" also moved away at the end of May. They bought ubaza-baza of a house in Melyn. Indoda yakhe ngaba kaloku so appearance is everything. Plus he also brought his mother, his two brothers & another relative, so they kinda outgrew the place they were living in before. I didn't even go to see her because mna I see no point keeping the friendship if we won't be seeing each other at all. I'm sure she's angry because she hasn't called to tell me how she's settling at the new place. Oh well. Minus one emotional taxation on me tongue

Wow, your man sounds fantastic lol. I want one of those too tongue Honestly, a supportive man is sexy.

LMAO @ you're a good cook. Tooting your own horn, much? I'll come one day to sample loondumasi yokutya kwakho grin Hmmm...now I'm craving umngqusho or ulusu. Okanye amathambo & dumplings. Do you cook Xhosa food? Mna I only get the chance to eat it when I visit my sister. Uyabhaka, apheke everything we grew up eating. Last time ndipha, I ate umvubo nesonka sombhako lol. I hate esamanzi. It reminds me of amadyungdyungu grin
Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by Nobody: 9:06am On Jun 07, 2017
Lionessza:

Zar does have an impeccable taste doesn't she?

Last year early December my brother went to mozambique and came back with some Mozambican beverages,and I must say foreign beers taste awful

1 Like

Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by Nobody: 9:18am On Jun 07, 2017
Jayceon:

Last year early December my brother went to mozambique and came back with some Mozambican beverages,and I must say foreign beers taste awful

As awful as stout? I often wonder how people manage to swallow the awful dark liquid. Jace, have you been out of the country yourself? What of other provinces? Because last time you said you haven't been to the EC. Me, I only need to visit KZN. Been to every other province & the worst was Limpopo for me. The city is like a matchbox & I couldn't click with the people. Pedis are very different. Reminds me of that time Dj S'bu called them the most stupid South Africans & TBH, I kinda agree grin Geez!

1 Like

Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by Nobody: 9:47am On Jun 07, 2017
ZarZar:

As awful as stout? I often wonder how people manage to swallow the awful dark liquid. Jace, have you been out of the country yourself? What of other provinces? Because last time you said you haven't been to the EC. Me, I only need to visit KZN. Been to every other province & the worst was Limpopo for me. The city is like a matchbox & I couldn't click with the people. Pedis are very different. Reminds me of that time Dj S'bu called them the most stupid South Africans & TBH, I kinda agree grin Geez!
wheew!! Milk Stout? I don't touch that nonsense.I have never been out of the country,you?...however,I have been to Maropeng(cradle of humankind) in North West and what a nice experience that was,I have also been to CPT,last year I was in KZN,got the chance to visit Umlazi,Umlazi is kinda strange tho with people living in the on the hills grin .lol Sbu said that? grin isn't he Pedi himself who just happen to bear a Zulu name?
I agree, Pedis are just something else

1 Like

Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by Nobody: 9:56am On Jun 07, 2017
Jayceon:
wheew!! Milk Stout? I don't touch that nonsense.I have never been out of the country,you?...however,I have been to Maropeng(cradle of humankind) in North West and what a nice experience that was,I have also been to CPT,last year I was in KZN,got the chance to visit Umlazi,Umlazi is kinda strange tho with people living in the on the hills grin .lol Sbu said that? grin isn't he Pedi himself who just happen to bear a Zulu name?
I agree, Pedis are just something else

No, never been out. I plan to in the future though. Wow, sounds nice, your experiences. What were you doing in KZN? Got family there? Now I wanna visit there more than ever, since you mention hills.

I thought S'bu is Tswana. Yeah, that's why he got fired on Metro, it was for that remark lol
Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by Lionessza(f): 10:00am On Jun 07, 2017
ZarZar:

OK, I understand lol. Oh, your friend moved? Where to?
Sounds like we're going through a similar situation. My "closest friend" also moved away at the end of May. They bought ubaza-baza of a house in Melyn. Indoda yakhe ngaba kaloku so appearance is everything. Plus he also brought his mother, his two brothers & another relative, so they kinda outgrew the place they were living in before. I didn't even go to see her because mna I see no point keeping the friendship if we won't be seeing each other at all. I'm sure she's angry because she hasn't called to tell me how she's settling at the new place. Oh well. Minus one emotional taxation on me tongue

Wow, your man sounds fantastic lol. I want one of those too tongue Honestly, a supportive man is sexy.

LMAO @ you're a good cook. Tooting your own horn, much? I'll come one day to sample loondumasi yokutya kwakho grin Hmmm...now I'm craving umngqusho or ulusu. Okanye amathambo & dumplings. Do you cook Xhosa food? Mna I only get the chance to eat it when I visit my sister. Uyabhaka, apheke everything we grew up eating. Last time ndipha, I ate umvubo nesonka sombhako lol. I hate esamanzi. It reminds me of amadyungdyungu grin

She moved to fourways , she just hates the old house now but I understand her ke and now she's closer to work. Oh tjo your friend ndiyamncoma shame I can't imagine moving in with so many family members especially when the cultures are so different. I like my space too much and can be very moody , so living with a group of people who won't get that , would make me miserable. Lol ja ndiyabazi ngobazi show offs. Wena why don't you call and checkup on her . You won't be seeing each other? You both live in pta , lazy girl grin.

I wish his supportive side could cancel out the assholish judgemental side, oh well i guess you can't have it all grin. I find it sexy myself tongue.

Lol, you should come and when you leave I'm sure you will ask for a skhaftina wink and the following Sunday lunch time I will see you knocking at my door unannounced , that is how good i am grin. Xhosa dishes ? rarely , ndithanda uzikhumbula , so I eat them when I visit home and my dad is a big ulusu and mngqusho fan.
When I lived with my cousin in pta we used to really love cooking umngqusho namathambo . Hahaha @amadyungudyungu sies maan. I've never been a fan myself even ne sombhako unless siseshushu same as amagwinya.

1 Like

Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by Lionessza(f): 10:07am On Jun 07, 2017
Jayceon:

She does , hence I think she should marry you grin grin.

Oh I would love to visit Mozambique , the islands mostly coz the experiences of some of my friends in Maputo are scary but would love to experience it myself , I like danger grin. Lol , they taste stoutish nne? . Maybe they also think ours are awful too lol. I've noticed a lot of foreign people love guineas hope I spelled it right.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Tipper Crashes Into Burial Venue In Anambra (Photo) / Fatal Trailer Accident Along Abeokuta Expressway Leaves Residents In Tears. PICS / Nigerian Removed From Flight Over Hepatitis A Gets Unexpected Miracle

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.