Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,985 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:39 AM

5 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Guys Have Body Odour - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 5 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Guys Have Body Odour (40940 Views)

How Do I Tell My Mum That She Has Body Odour? / 7 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Ladies Lose Shape After Marriage / Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Guys Have Body Odour by ionsman: 12:16pm On Jun 06, 2017
O.p, you're very correct...Pay no heed to those hurling insults at you.But, I think it's prevalent in those between the ages of 16-25...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Guys Have Body Odour by Ruggedfitness: 12:18pm On Jun 06, 2017
ionsman:
O.p, you're very correct...Pay no heed to those hurling insults at you.But, I think it's prevalent in those between the ages of 16-25...

Thank you so much

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Guys Have Body Odour by aisammy4: 12:20pm On Jun 06, 2017
Those in favour of the motion that Nigeria men has the highest body odor that Nigeria women "Like" those against "Share"
Re: 5 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Guys Have Body Odour by bankable: 12:23pm On Jun 06, 2017
please help a nairalander qualify for a chance to perform at glo concert jez click d link and like his video https://www.instagram.com/p/BUucRSdBjsa/
Re: 5 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Guys Have Body Odour by lovethchioma(f): 12:24pm On Jun 06, 2017
Lol... I don't know why most guys here are just angry with the Op.
It's not what you wanna hear so you are pained.... mtchewww.

Op nice one... Y'all should just learn from the post and move on. Cry cry babies...

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Guys Have Body Odour by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jun 06, 2017
Ruggedfitness:

It seems like you didn't read the post.. but rushed to drop a comment.. The post is a combination of experiences.. But if you read it you could have known that

I remain Paul Samuel FitnessDoctor
Experiences of how many people exactly?
Re: 5 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Guys Have Body Odour by LordOfNaira: 12:29pm On Jun 06, 2017
Ruggedfitness:
Hello guys, it is your favorite health blogger

A lady once told me that one of her criteria for choosing a man is that he must smell really good.

"why such a requirement" I asked

"Because most Nigerian guys stink and I love a good smell" she blurted

Now, this is not what just one lady thinks but what almost everyone knows, that a lot of guys out there really stink of body odour.

My nose has witnessed it first hand and that is one of the reasons I am writing this article.

Sometimes it is not just their fault, as it takes a lot of work to smell good and even look good.

If you have not yet a part of 10,000 amazing members of my community, join here today.

5 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Guys Have Body Odour

1. They don't bathe well

Most Nigerian guys bathe like Fast and Furious. Sponge here and there and then pour the water on their body and that's it. They believe its only women that are meant to bathe for long and maybe bathe well too. A little scrub here and there will do. But this is just wrong.

Bathing is meant to remove dirt and odours, also reduce the amount of skin bacteria which leads to these odours, so if you think there is no need to scrub really hard and scrub very well then there is no reason for you to wonder why you smell so bad.

2. They don't bathe on weekends

Ladies!!, show me a Nigerian guy that bathes normally on weekends and I will treat you to dinner by the end of the day.

Especially for students and those who don't get to work on Weekends (Saturdays and Sundays). They might as well skip the morning bathe, skip the afternoon if still less busy and take a bathe around 4 to hang out with friends.

Even your favorite health blogger, Paul Samuel FitnessDoctor was once among these guys.

Nigerian guys believe that since they do not have much doing on the weekend, then there is no reason to sponge up.

3. Too lazy to groom

Most Nigerian guys are too lazy to clean up themselves, their houses, kitchen, backyard, toilets, armpit hairs etc just reeks of their personality. They don't really give themselves that much time expect they are inviting a girl over, or trying to get a girl.

That's when you see them brushing like soldiers to kill mouth odour, bathing and scrubbing, cleaning their apartment as if the Health Inspector is coming over.

4. They don't admit it, but cover it up

Most Nigerian guys don't want to admit to themselves that they do have body odour. They take a sniff at their armpits and ugh!!! it reeks, but instead of doing the right thing to get a good scrubbing, they head straight into the market to get the best body spray to cover it up.

Even someone offers a body spray as a birthday gift, they start claiming that he/she is giving the impression that he has body odour (which he knows he has)

You would notice in some individuals that when the smell of the body spray begins to die down, they start smelling weird.

5. It is normal

I heard someone say this quite recently, that body odour is normal and you can never stop sweat. Well, I know that I smell good even when I sweat so I don't understand where this kind of lazy mindset is coming from.

Body odour is a sign that you are not cleaning up properly, if you are saying that body odour is normal and men don't have to work themselves to smell good, that is saying that Vaginal odour is normal and women should worry about it.

There may be many more reasons why Nigerian guys have body odour, but from my experience, this is why most of them have it. Today also, the 4 secrets to killing body odour without deodorant post is coming up. Don't worry you wouldn't have to spend a dime to smell good.

Remember you deserve to look good, let no one tell you different.

Stay Healthy, Stay Wise

Source: http://newsphases..com.ng/2017/06/5-reasons-why-most-nigerian-guys-have.html

The way you people use "most", one would think it is the only the word for polls.

There is the word "some" and it is reasonable to use.

Which sounds more considerable: "Reasons why some Nigerian guys stink..." / "Reasons why most Nigerian guys stink..."?

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Guys Have Body Odour by Brunosamel(m): 12:30pm On Jun 06, 2017
rofanx13:
FALACY OF HASTY GENERILIZATION! THATS WHAT D OP JUST COMITTED
you are on point bro, is a falacy.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Guys Have Body Odour by Ngokafor(f): 12:34pm On Jun 06, 2017
..@op dont mind those insulting you..you are correct.

..As a matter of fact,quite a number of males view proper grooming as gayish or sissyish...to baf well and brush their teeth properly na war.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Guys Have Body Odour by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jun 06, 2017
The OP knows nothing or little about topic of body odur.

I'll be right back

Edited:
Taking of birthe either daily or on weekend has nothing to do with body odour. The little correlation is the smell that evolve after a period of sweeting without a cleaning up.
People can stay days (minus sweet and dirth) without giving any odour expecially during harmattan and when in a code region.
Sweat can be broken down by bacteria on the skin and it product lead to the odour.

Poeple with body odour can take their birthe several times in a day and still stink. It is far from body cleaness.

Most body odour are caused by
1. Overgrowth Candida albican
2. A digestive/metabolic disorder

and most can be corrected by natural means.

Search the internet for more...
Listen not to the OP
Re: 5 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Guys Have Body Odour by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jun 06, 2017
Ladies too have body odours
Re: 5 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Guys Have Body Odour by Ruggedfitness: 12:40pm On Jun 06, 2017
trustyshoess:

Experiences of how many people exactly?

hundreds.. compiled from ladies, men and also from comments on nairaland..
Re: 5 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Guys Have Body Odour by Ruggedfitness: 12:41pm On Jun 06, 2017
LordOfNaira:

The way you people use "most", one would think it is the only the word for polls.

Which sounds more considerable: "Reasons why some Nigerian guys stink..." / "Reasons why most Nigerian guys stink..."?

Okay, thank you..

so what do you think about the post?
Re: 5 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Guys Have Body Odour by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jun 06, 2017
Bigsteveg:
How can the lady based her conclusion on that just because her male siblings have body odour. How many Nigerian men has she come in contact with? She should just speak for her family members alone biko.
Most of her family members who are males have body odour. She used them as a sample space.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Guys Have Body Odour by KennyID17(m): 12:44pm On Jun 06, 2017
The war of sexes is a never ending one on NL. Tho d OP's generalization with d word "most" is annoying, the post is correct, but I feel it should have been "some" in place of most.

Most of d ppl that have supported d op have been females, which shows that they just trynna spite d males here cheesy grin

OP, u Berra do a post on y most Nigerian females have body odor, so u can appease we d males grin cheesy wink

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Guys Have Body Odour by Ruggedfitness: 12:47pm On Jun 06, 2017
KennyID17:
The war of sexes is a never ending one on NL. Tho d OP's generalization with d word "most" is annoying, the post is correct, but I feel it should have been "some" in place of most.

Most of d ppl that have supported d op have been females, which shows that they just trynna spite d males here cheesy grin

OP, u Berra do a post on y most Nigerian females have body odor, so u can appease we d males grin cheesy wink

Of course, they deserve to be appeased.

Although I would hire a female writer to write the article for me.. Because everything on my blog is about experience rather than assumption and opinion..

Stay Healthy, Stay Wise

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Guys Have Body Odour by porozhniy(m): 12:51pm On Jun 06, 2017
KemjikaEme:
That year one guy(rich o) was trying to get my attention but his body odour wouldn't let him be great...pheww!
In my opinion,it boils down to poor hygiene and gromming.
What will it cost one to get a nice anti persperant deodorant and perfume?
Some guys are all about hustling,they forget they need to smell nice as they are bound to get into the same space with other people.
Bros, those will not help if you sweat a lot. It may work for those in air conditioned environments. Sometimes those deodorants don't mix well with sweat.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Guys Have Body Odour by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jun 06, 2017
Philpham:
Black men stink even after they travel abroad where there is light and water, they are still the same. when they open their mouth, its like gutter, armpit is like soak away pit and I wonder how their wives even share a bed with them.
Pathetic.
You are mad. I am a black man and I don't 'smell' and I don't use deodorants
Re: 5 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Guys Have Body Odour by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jun 06, 2017
Ruggedfitness:

hundreds.. compiled from ladies, men and also from comments on nairaland..
So you interviewed hundreds of people, and recorded the stats?
Re: 5 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Guys Have Body Odour by KanwuliaExtra: 1:03pm On Jun 06, 2017
No wota to BAFF! embarassed
Wearing the same PA-HINT stained with poo-rocks and "stale akiriwa juices"!

Tufiaaaaaaaaa!!!!! cry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Guys Have Body Odour by bareal(m): 1:04pm On Jun 06, 2017
Who told you most Nigerian men have body odour in the first place? what about all those ladies with their bleaching and foundation upandan. OP, get sense jor
Re: 5 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Guys Have Body Odour by francisduru: 1:05pm On Jun 06, 2017
Emma is my roommate....Emmanuel has body odor but he doesn't believe it, One day he told me that if he doesn't bath for one week, that his body will not smell.... I replied: Yes is true but don't do that yet I will be traveling next week.. cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Guys Have Body Odour by megama: 1:07pm On Jun 06, 2017
Ruggedfitness:

A lady once told me that one of her criteria for choosing a man is that he must smell really good.

Now, this is not what just one lady thinks but what almost everyone knows, that a lot of guys out there really stink of body odour.

My nose has witnessed it first hand and that is one of the reasons I am writing this article.

Sometimes it is not just their fault, as it takes a lot of work to smell good and even look good.

If you have not yet a part of 10,000 amazing members of my community, join here today.

1. They don't bathe well

Most Nigerian guys bathe like Fast and Furious. Sponge here and there and then pour the water on their body and that's it. They believe its only women that are meant to bathe for long and maybe bathe well too. A little scrub here and there will do. But this is just wrong.

Bathing is meant to remove dirt and odours, also reduce the amount of skin bacteria which leads to these odours, so if you think there is no need to scrub really hard and scrub very well then there is no reason for you to wonder why you smell so bad.

Ladies!!, show me a Nigerian guy that bathes normally on weekends and I will treat you to dinner by the end of the day.

Especially for students and those who don't get to work on Weekends (Saturdays and Sundays). They might as well skip the morning bathe, skip the afternoon if still less busy and take a bathe around 4 to hang out with friends.

Even your favorite health blogger, Paul Samuel FitnessDoctor was once among these guys.

Nigerian guys believe that since they do not have much doing on the weekend, then there is no reason to sponge up.

3. Too lazy to groom

Most Nigerian guys are too lazy to clean up themselves, their houses, kitchen, backyard, toilets, armpit hairs etc just reeks of their personality. They don't really give themselves that much time expect they are inviting a girl over, or trying to get a girl.

That's when you see them brushing like soldiers to kill mouth odour, bathing and scrubbing, cleaning their apartment as if the Health Inspector is coming over.

Most Nigerian guys don't want to admit to themselves that they do have body odour. They take a sniff at their armpits and ugh!!! it reeks, but instead of doing the right thing to get a good scrubbing, they head straight into the market to get the best body spray to cover it up.

Even someone offers a body spray as a birthday gift, they start claiming that he/she is giving the impression that he has body odour (which he knows he has)

You would notice in some individuals that when the smell of the body spray begins to die down, they start smelling weird.

5. It is normal

I heard someone say this quite recently, that body odour is normal and you can never stop sweat. Well, I know that I smell good even when I sweat so I don't understand where this kind of lazy mindset is coming from.

Body odour is a sign that you are not cleaning up properly, if you are saying that body odour is normal and men don't have to work themselves to smell good, that is saying that Vaginal odour is normal and women should worry about it.

There may be many more reasons why Nigerian guys have body odour, but from my experience, this is why most of them have it. Today also, the 4 secrets to killing body odour without deodorant post is coming up. Don't worry you wouldn't have to spend a dime to smell good.

Stay Healthy, Stay Wise

Source: http://newsphases..com.ng/2017/06/5-reasons-why-most-nigerian-guys-have.html

it depends on category, you never smell the right MEN. Only men,and boys you smelled. May be try ME angry grin grin grin
Re: 5 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Guys Have Body Odour by BigBrother9ja: 1:16pm On Jun 06, 2017
Ruggedfitness:

1. They don't bathe well

3. Too lazy to groom

5. It is normal

Stay Healthy, Stay Wise

May God heal you of your body odour.
Get well bruh

Re: 5 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Guys Have Body Odour by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jun 06, 2017
Most so 90% wow that is alarming .. is water and soap expensive

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Guys Have Body Odour by Ruggedfitness: 1:20pm On Jun 06, 2017
trustyshoess:

So you interviewed hundreds of people, and recorded the stats?

No, it could take a long time to do a survey in reality, so I did one on nairaland and facebook.. Also I combined statistics from old posts on nairaland about body odour, then I topped it with my experiences..
Re: 5 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Guys Have Body Odour by lampard01(m): 1:21pm On Jun 06, 2017
Aderola15:
Hahahaha grin cheesy grin

They wee nor like this. tongue

Please please and please I'd like to get to know you... I see you can't follow back. Whatsapp??
Re: 5 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Guys Have Body Odour by babapressy(m): 1:35pm On Jun 06, 2017
Lol
Re: 5 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Guys Have Body Odour by Raziii(m): 1:56pm On Jun 06, 2017
Op... One of the rules of engagement is, never talk down on your audience.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Guys Have Body Odour by Flashmove: 2:00pm On Jun 06, 2017
starlingbawa:

Nigeria is a country of over 160 Million people and counting... So when you say 'MOST', i tend to wonder just how many men you were able to carry out a research on before arriving at this 'VAGUE' submission

Na lie... Nigeria is not up to 160 million, since Buhari came to power, hunger has killed almost 50 million people. Boko Haram has killed more than 30 million people. Bad roads accidents don kill more than 2 million people, Hausa fulani Herdsmen don kill more than 10 million people, Militants don kill more than 15 million people, Army , Police, DSS, don kill more that 17 million Nigerians, Sickeness don Kill more than 40 million people. Abeg , check how many we remain for Nigeria. we are not upto 30 million people Nigeria currently..
Re: 5 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Guys Have Body Odour by ipodstinks: 2:12pm On Jun 06, 2017
Ruggedfitness:

I used myself as the first example in the post... If you didn't read, why did you comment..

and if you don't have body odour then you have nothing to worry about?
Na true sha, me I no have o and I am happy for that.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Guys Have Body Odour by Raziii(m): 2:14pm On Jun 06, 2017
LordOfNaira:

Guy I raise my hands for you. The OP still don't get it.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Jewish Scientists In Nnewi To Conduct DNA Test / Update On The Family Of Five With Madness As Govt Come To Rescue. Photos / Slaymama Blocks Her Benefactor After Using His Toilet Without Flushing In #lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.