Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,533 members, 7,826,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

The Meaninglessness Of "I Have A Deep Personal Relationship With Jesus Christ" - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Meaninglessness Of "I Have A Deep Personal Relationship With Jesus Christ" (21157 Views)

If You Have A Personal Relationship With Your God Why Do You Need The Bible? / My Personal Encounter With Jesus On 8th June, 2019 / COZA Celebrates Easter With "Jesus Paid It All" Event!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Meaninglessness Of "I Have A Deep Personal Relationship With Jesus Christ" by TheSonOfJesus: 1:15am On Aug 03, 2017
I have a deep personal relationship with my father, come to him or burn in hell

1 Like

Re: The Meaninglessness Of "I Have A Deep Personal Relationship With Jesus Christ" by Nobody: 1:19am On Aug 03, 2017
TheSonOfJesus:
I have a deep personal relationship with my father, come to him or burn in hell
grin
Re: The Meaninglessness Of "I Have A Deep Personal Relationship With Jesus Christ" by TheSonOfJesus: 5:09am On Aug 03, 2017
Lucario007:
Don't like Jesus? No problem.

anyone who doesn't like my father has a problem, not liking and following Jesus means you're following Satan and hell awaits you; hopefulLandlord is heading to hell unless he repents and accepts to follow Jesus
Re: The Meaninglessness Of "I Have A Deep Personal Relationship With Jesus Christ" by hopefulLandlord: 1:29pm On Aug 03, 2017
TheSonOfJesus:

anyone who doesn't like my father has a problem, not liking and following Jesus means you're following Satan and hell awaits you; hopefulLandlord is heading to hell unless he repents and accepts to follow Jesus

Hehehehehehehehe
Re: The Meaninglessness Of "I Have A Deep Personal Relationship With Jesus Christ" by TheSonOfJesus: 3:18pm On Aug 03, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

Hehehehehehehehe

you laugh now but your cry would be unstoppable when you find yourself in eternal fire, repent now and follow my father
Re: The Meaninglessness Of "I Have A Deep Personal Relationship With Jesus Christ" by hopefulLandlord: 3:37pm On Aug 03, 2017
TheSonOfJesus:

you laugh now but your cry would be unstoppable when you find yourself in eternal fire, repent now and follow my father

Aaronsrod grin

1 Like

Re: The Meaninglessness Of "I Have A Deep Personal Relationship With Jesus Christ" by hopefulLandlord: 4:39pm On Aug 24, 2017
bump
Re: The Meaninglessness Of "I Have A Deep Personal Relationship With Jesus Christ" by obisco4u: 6:23pm On Aug 24, 2017
Deep relationship with jesus ke.. No wonder guys are turning HOMO

Re: The Meaninglessness Of "I Have A Deep Personal Relationship With Jesus Christ" by Ranchhoddas: 8:35pm On Aug 24, 2017
TheSonOfJesus:

You remind me of my Deeper Life friends.
Re: The Meaninglessness Of "I Have A Deep Personal Relationship With Jesus Christ" by manikal: 6:57am On Aug 25, 2017
Believing you are in Christ is easy. I can say i believe Christ morning till night but do i really believe it??

If you BELIEVE you are in Christ then there is only way to know

- Do you exhibit DIVINE LOVE?

Divine love is PATIENT , FORGIVING , HUMBLE , GENEROUS, NON-JUDGEMENTAL ....

- So , before you THINK of hurting your enemy, remember - I AM IN CHRIST and CHRIST FORGIVES ALL HIS ENEMIES

- Before you worry, Remember - I AM IN CHRIST and the spirit of Christ is Omnipotent and has everything it will ever need

Believing in Christ is not a physical thing at all. It is a mental exercise of pulling down the STRONGHOLD OF WRONG THINKING THAT HAS BEEN IMPLANTED IN THE BRAIN.
Physical exclamations of loving God is useless. If you love Christ and are in Christ and believe it , then you have to ACT LIKE YOU ARE IN CHRIST

I cannot have a cheque of 10billion and beg for 10naira

1 Like

Re: The Meaninglessness Of "I Have A Deep Personal Relationship With Jesus Christ" by hopefulLandlord: 11:15am On Aug 26, 2017
manikal:
Believing you are in Christ is easy. I can say i believe Christ morning till night but do i really believe it??

If you BELIEVE you are in Christ then there is only way to know

- Do you exhibit DIVINE LOVE?

Divine love is PATIENT , FORGIVING , HUMBLE , GENEROUS, NON-JUDGEMENTAL ....

- So , before you THINK of hurting your enemy, remember - I AM IN CHRIST and CHRIST FORGIVES ALL HIS ENEMIES

- Before you worry, Remember - I AM IN CHRIST and the spirit of Christ is Omnipotent and has everything it will ever need

Believing in Christ is not a physical thing at all. It is a mental exercise of pulling down the STRONGHOLD OF WRONG THINKING THAT HAS BEEN IMPLANTED IN THE BRAIN.
Physical exclamations of loving God is useless. If you love Christ and are in Christ and believe it , then you have to ACT LIKE YOU ARE IN CHRIST

I cannot have a cheque of 10billion and beg for 10naira

what are you really saying? I don't want to jump

1 Like

Re: The Meaninglessness Of "I Have A Deep Personal Relationship With Jesus Christ" by manikal: 12:48am On Aug 27, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

what are you really saying? I don't want to jump

GOD IS OMNIPRESENT WHICH MEANS HE IS WITHIN EVERY MAN, WHETHER MUSLIM OR CHRISTIAN.
NOW , if you have a personal relationship with jesus as people say , then you have to see life just as christ saw life.

That means you act like the kingdom of God is within you. So the next time you have a thought, ask yourself - is this what christ would think about this situation? This to me , is the only way to have this personal relationship on a level that deals directly on the mental plane and not the physical plane
Re: The Meaninglessness Of "I Have A Deep Personal Relationship With Jesus Christ" by hopefulLandlord: 9:00pm On Sep 02, 2017
manikal:

GOD IS OMNIPRESENT WHICH MEANS HE IS WITHIN EVERY MAN, WHETHER MUSLIM OR CHRISTIAN.
NOW , if you have a personal relationship with jesus as people say , then you have to see life just as christ saw life.

That means you act like the kingdom of God is within you. So the next time you have a thought, ask yourself - is this what christ would think about this situation? This to me , is the only way to have this personal relationship on a level that deals directly on the mental plane and not the physical plane

yeah, the problem here is that "what Christ would think about this situation" is always open for interpretation, that's why you guys have 30,000 different sects

1 Like

Re: The Meaninglessness Of "I Have A Deep Personal Relationship With Jesus Christ" by manikal: 5:51pm On Sep 03, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

yeah, the problem here is that "what Christ would think about this situation" is always open for interpretation, that's why you guys have 30,000 different sects

what Christ would think is summed up in one word. LOVE
The problem with the many sects and many interpretations is people mistakenly worship Jesus of Nazareth instead of the Christ that was within him , which is in every man as well.

99% of humans feel the purpose of existence is to eat , reproduce and die. But this is an animal's life. Ignorance of life's true purpose is the main factor behind the mass delusion we see being paraded as Christianity
Re: The Meaninglessness Of "I Have A Deep Personal Relationship With Jesus Christ" by Ranchhoddas: 7:23pm On Sep 03, 2017
manikal:

what Christ would think is summed up in one word. LOVE
The problem with the many sects and many interpretations is people mistakenly worship Jesus of Nazareth instead of the Christ that was within him , which is in every man as well.

99% of humans feel the purpose of existence is to eat , reproduce and die. But this is an animal's life. Ignorance of life's true purpose is the main factor behind the mass delusion we see being paraded as Christianity
What is life's true purpose?
Re: The Meaninglessness Of "I Have A Deep Personal Relationship With Jesus Christ" by manikal: 9:40pm On Sep 03, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
What is life's true purpose?

To grow or evolve into our true identity OR to grow into recognition of the Self that dwells in the physical body
Re: The Meaninglessness Of "I Have A Deep Personal Relationship With Jesus Christ" by Ranchhoddas: 9:42pm On Sep 03, 2017
manikal:

To grow or evolve into our true identity OR to grow into recognition of the Self that dwells in the physical body
How do we achieve this?
Re: The Meaninglessness Of "I Have A Deep Personal Relationship With Jesus Christ" by manikal: 10:08pm On Sep 03, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
How do we achieve this?

Surrender. Learning how to just be in the present. Be Still and Know I AM God.

If i should ask u , who are you?
You would say , I AM Ranchhoddas. That means that the 'I' in that statement is DIFFERENT from RANCHODDAS.
Learning how to stay in this 'I' that is independent of Ranchhoddas is the goal of meditation.

This I , never leaves you.
I AM SAD
I AM HAPPY
I AM RICH
I AM POOR
I AM ANGRY
I AM HAPPY

There is always the presence of I. A horse might feel cold but it can never THINK of itself as 'I' am Cold.
This is what separates man from animal.

To learn how to be , meditation and concentration , especially vispanna , helps a lot.
Also , this pdf material by Joel Goldsmith - The Mystical I , sums it up it pretty well
Re: The Meaninglessness Of "I Have A Deep Personal Relationship With Jesus Christ" by Ranchhoddas: 10:24pm On Sep 03, 2017
manikal:

Surrender. Learning how to just be in the present. Be Still and Know I AM God.

If i should ask u , who are you?
You would say , I AM Ranchhoddas. That means that the 'I' in that statement is DIFFERENT from RANCHODDAS.
Learning how to stay in this 'I' that is independent of Ranchhoddas is the goal of meditation.

This I , never leaves you.
I AM SAD
I AM HAPPY
I AM RICH
I AM POOR
I AM ANGRY
I AM HAPPY

There is always the presence of I. A horse might feel cold but it can never THINK of itself as 'I'. This is what separates man from animal.

To learn how to be , meditation and concentration , especially vispanna , help a lot.
Also , this pdf material by Joel Goldsmith - The Mystical I , sums it up it pretty well
Is this what it means to "find the stillness between your breath"?
Re: The Meaninglessness Of "I Have A Deep Personal Relationship With Jesus Christ" by manikal: 10:38pm On Sep 03, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Is this what it means to "find the stillness between your breath"?

exactly. the space of no thought. God has a still small voice according to Elijah , so to hear God , man has to be absolutely still , physically and mentally
Re: The Meaninglessness Of "I Have A Deep Personal Relationship With Jesus Christ" by Ranchhoddas: 11:01pm On Sep 03, 2017
manikal:

exactly. the space of no thought. God has a still small voice according to Elijah , so to hear God , man has to be absolutely still , physically and mentally
Okay.
So how EXACTLY is this achieved?
Re: The Meaninglessness Of "I Have A Deep Personal Relationship With Jesus Christ" by manikal: 12:09am On Sep 04, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Okay.
So how EXACTLY is this achieved?

Just Be. Close your eyes and in that dark space , silently watch the process of your breathing.
Watch as your chest rises when you breathe in and as your chest falls when you breathe out.
Now , thoughts would flood you with things of the past or things of the future. For any thought that comes , try to see whether that thought is about the future or past.
If the thought is not in the NOW , then return back to the observation of the sensation of breathing.

If you can successfully account for every NOW in 10minutes , then increase the time
Practice makes perfect.
Re: The Meaninglessness Of "I Have A Deep Personal Relationship With Jesus Christ" by manikal: 12:56am On Sep 04, 2017
intention helps a lot as well. Know why you have decided to watch the breath. Dont just watch without intention
Re: The Meaninglessness Of "I Have A Deep Personal Relationship With Jesus Christ" by Ranchhoddas: 5:48am On Sep 04, 2017
manikal:

Just Be. Close your eyes and in that dark space , silently watch the process of your breathing.
Watch as your chest rises when you breathe in and as your chest falls when you breathe out.
Now , thoughts would flood you with things of the past or things of the future. For any thought that comes , try to see whether that thought is about the future or past.
If the thought is not in the NOW , then return back to the observation of the sensation of breathing.

If you can successfully account for every NOW in 10minutes , then increase the time
Practice makes perfect.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: The Meaninglessness Of "I Have A Deep Personal Relationship With Jesus Christ" by hopefulLandlord: 10:07am On Sep 07, 2017
bump
Re: The Meaninglessness Of "I Have A Deep Personal Relationship With Jesus Christ" by butterflylion: 10:25am On Sep 07, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
bump

cheesy grin Jobless thread bumper. To bump thread na work? See how much energy and mental capacity you devote to what you call rubbish and what you claim does not exist.

I have told you that your madness will come worse than Nietzsche.

I am still waiting for our debate. Stop running! cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Meaninglessness Of "I Have A Deep Personal Relationship With Jesus Christ" by JackBizzle: 2:14pm On Sep 07, 2017
butterflylion:

cheesy grin Jobless thread bumper. To bump thread na work? See how much energy and mental capacity you devote to what you call rubbish and what you claim does not exist.

I have told you that your madness will come worse than Nietzsche.

I am still waiting for our debate. Stop running! cheesy

Ogbeni, leave the guy alone. He doesnt want to die from your toxic foolishness now!

Not everyone has built a high tolerance to your bullshite
Re: The Meaninglessness Of "I Have A Deep Personal Relationship With Jesus Christ" by butterflylion: 2:23pm On Sep 07, 2017
JackBizzle:

Ogbeni, leave the guy alone. He doesnt want to die from your toxic foolishness now!

Not everyone has built a high tolerance to your bullshite

I have grown accustomed to your bullshyte yet i still allow you to keep on fooling around with yourself.

Let him speak for himself. You cannot even defend yourself from a woman and you wish to defend another man from a man. Mtcheew Abeg wake go far.

1 Like

Re: The Meaninglessness Of "I Have A Deep Personal Relationship With Jesus Christ" by JackBizzle: 2:36pm On Sep 07, 2017
butterflylion:

I have grown accustomed to your bullshyte yet i still allow you to keep on fooling around with yourself.

Let him speak for himself. You cannot even defend yourself from a woman and you wish to defend another man from a man. Mtcheew Abeg wake go far.

Like how you allow ishilove to speak for herself abi?

Hypocrite

1 Like

Re: The Meaninglessness Of "I Have A Deep Personal Relationship With Jesus Christ" by TheSonOfJesus: 5:33am On Oct 06, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
You remind me of my Deeper Life friends.
Deeper Life is a true church of God
Re: The Meaninglessness Of "I Have A Deep Personal Relationship With Jesus Christ" by Ranchhoddas: 2:55pm On Oct 06, 2017
TheSonOfJesus:

Deeper Life is a true church of God
Tell me an example of a fake church of God.
Re: The Meaninglessness Of "I Have A Deep Personal Relationship With Jesus Christ" by TheSonOfJesus: 2:15pm On Oct 07, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Tell me an example of a fake church of God.

Christ embassy, any church not preaching fundamentalism

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

It Is Not By Force To Give Offerings And Tithe / A List Of False Teachings In The Roman Catholic Church / Pastor Paul Adefarasin And TD Jakes Pictured Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.