Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:02 AM

The Meaninglessness Of "I Have A Deep Personal Relationship With Jesus Christ" - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Meaninglessness Of "I Have A Deep Personal Relationship With Jesus Christ" (21022 Views)

If You Have A Personal Relationship With Your God Why Do You Need The Bible? / My Personal Encounter With Jesus On 8th June, 2019 / COZA Celebrates Easter With "Jesus Paid It All" Event!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Meaninglessness Of "I Have A Deep Personal Relationship With Jesus Christ" by hopefulLandlord: 1:14am On Jun 07, 2017
MZLady39:
HopefulLandlord
Okay,
That's awesome that you know all those things about your sister....
No I don't know specifics about God (down to eye color etc.)...because we're told not to make any graven images....probably so we won't obsess over what He looks like.

My relationship with God is based on faith in Him through His Word. I learn about who God is...first by reading about Him....then through daily prayer...then through trying Him through the promises in His Word.
The more I spend sincere time with Him...the more I start to develop an intimate relationship with Him. I become drawn to His character....and desire to do things that won't disrupt the bond that is being built.
That makes my relationship "meaning-ful"..
Now all of that has to be done in faith (the key word).
Without faith....this is all done in vain.
I must first believe that "......He is and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him" (Hebrews 11:6).

okay you said you're not here to debate so I'll cut through he chase

looking at the thread https://www.nairaland.com/3615455/does-new-covenant-abolish-ten/10 where you MuttleyLaff, Splinz, Blueagent, Openmine etc had a "little" disagreement that even descended to name calling amongst you guys, I have to wonder what that relationship truly mean? I mean both of you seems to claim the same relationship but can't agree on what this entity you have relationship with wants

3 Likes

Re: The Meaninglessness Of "I Have A Deep Personal Relationship With Jesus Christ" by Nobody: 1:21am On Jun 07, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

okay you said you're not here to debate so I'll cut through he chase

looking at the thread where you MuttleyLaff, Splinz, Blueagent, Openmine etc had a "little" disagreement that even descended to name calling amongst you guys, I have to wonder what that relationship truly mean? I mean both of you seems to claim the same relationship but can't agree on what this entity you have relationship with wants

I knew you were going there...lol....
I was gonna ask why you brought that thread up?
Now if you notice, I had just joined in on a thread that was already on-going.
It was a topic of interest to me.
But now I wasn't happy with the name-calling either.
I was shocked actually...cause as professors of Christ, we shouldn't have been doing that.
I wasn't doing that....and I ended up leaving that thread.
However, my personal relationship with Christ is separate from theirs. In actuality, we all should be on one accord....like the disciples at Pentecost.
But see we're each at different stages in our walks with Christ.
Re: The Meaninglessness Of "I Have A Deep Personal Relationship With Jesus Christ" by hopefulLandlord: 1:21am On Jun 07, 2017
MzLady39

about the part where I mentioned the hair colour, dogs, work experiences of my sister, I actually meant it as a way to pass a message, I wasn't really trying to go physical, the message is that anyone with a deep personal relationship with my sister would agree on almost anything about her

when it comes to Jesus however you guys can't seem to agree on anything while claiming to have this "deep relationship with Jesus" or is Jesus a liar that tells you guys totally contradictory things?

it all sounds like make believe to me

8 Likes

Re: The Meaninglessness Of "I Have A Deep Personal Relationship With Jesus Christ" by hopefulLandlord: 1:25am On Jun 07, 2017
MZLady39:

I knew you were going there...lol....
I was gonna ask why you brought that thread up?
Now if you notice, I had just joined in on a thread that was already on-going.
It was a topic of interest to me.
But now I wasn't happy with the name-calling either.
I was shocked actually...cause as professors of Christ, we shouldn't have been doing that.
I wasn't doing that....and I ended up leaving that thread.
However, my personal relationship with Christ is separate from theirs. In actuality, we all should be on one accord....like the disciples at Pentecost.
But see we're each at different stages in our walks with Christ.

I actually brought it up cuz it drives the point further

could you elucidate on what you mean by "different stages"?

I mean, you guys can simply go down on your knees and ask this Jesus "Did your new covenant abolished 10 commandments?"

or are you saying Jesus tells you something different to them?

2 Likes

Re: The Meaninglessness Of "I Have A Deep Personal Relationship With Jesus Christ" by Nobody: 1:27am On Jun 07, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
MzLady39

about the part where I mentioned the hair colour, dogs, work experiences of my sister, I actually meant it as a way to pass a message, I wasn't really trying to go physical, the message is that anyone with a deep personal relationship with my sister would agree on almost anything about her

when it comes to Jesus however you guys can't seem to agree on anything while claiming to have this "deep relationship with Jesus" or is Jesus a liar that tells you guys totally contradictory things?

it all sounds like make believe to me

I understand you....i see what you're saying.
But that's where each individual has to really take the time to know who Christ is.....that's where the problem lies.
I get why you'd be confused though.
But that's why it's important for believers to reflect Christ' character....but also for you to try Christ for yourself....and sometimes look away from people.
Re: The Meaninglessness Of "I Have A Deep Personal Relationship With Jesus Christ" by Nobody: 1:33am On Jun 07, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

I actually brought it up cuz it drives the point further

could you elucidate on what you mean by "different stages"?

I mean, you guys can simply go down on your knees and ask this Jesus "Did your new covenant abolished 10 commandments?"

or are you saying Jesus tells you something different to them?

Well that's where we have the issue.
Misinterpretation of the scriptures...hence the thousands of different denominations.
This was the debate I was having with the Catholic guys a few weeks ago.
Apparently, there's one right way.
The Holy Spirit is the One that guides into all truth.
The issue is....who's got the right interpretation?
All I can tell you is that sincere, fervent prayer gets the answer....that is truth.
Sometimes, we have preconceived notions about what we think something should be.....so we go into it already biased...based on traditions etc.

Different stages meaning some people have a surface level of understanding....cause they don't really spend time with Christ. They go on what they learned in church weekly or what someone said....which is the majority of Christians unfortunately.

But then you have the other extreme....the biblical scholars who believe they understand the Bible perfectly and aren't willing to humble themselves and pray for understanding about certain doctrine that may need a second look.

So all of this breeds mass confusion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Meaninglessness Of "I Have A Deep Personal Relationship With Jesus Christ" by hopefulLandlord: 1:42am On Jun 07, 2017
MZLady39:

I understand you....i see what you're saying.
But that's where each individual has to really take the time to know who Christ is.....that's where the problem lies.
I get why you'd be confused though.
But that's why it's important for believers to reflect Christ' character....but also for you to try Christ for yourself....and sometimes look away from people.

I do engage Christians and they pull the "No True Scotsman Fallacy" about me never being a "Christian" in the first place

now if I'm asked whether I had a personal relationship with Jesus, I usually respond with a No!

from then on there's this smug and condescending attitude that they were right and I never had any

but here's the thing, I believed I had a personal relationship with Jesus while I was a Christian, honest belief but once I got out I realised that I actually never had any and its all make believe, a conviction I thought I had

now a simple look at the average Christian who claims to have this deep personal relationship with Jesus proves its all a charade

A Jesus who says he is no respecter of persons who speaks to Paul, evidently, but can't be bothered to speak to so many others, so those "so many others" pull guesses

I look across Christianity and see all the contradictory things god is supposedly saying to all of his devout followers in their personal relationships with him, and there is honestly only one conclusion I can possibly draw.

7 Likes

Re: The Meaninglessness Of "I Have A Deep Personal Relationship With Jesus Christ" by Nobody: 1:46am On Jun 07, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

I do engage Christians and they pull the "No True Scotsman Fallacy" about me never being a "Christian" in the first place

now if I'm asked whether I had a personal relationship with Jesus, I usually respond with a No!

from then on there's this smug and condescending attitude that they were right and I never had any

but here's the thing, I believed I had a personal relationship with Jesus while I was a Christian, honest belief but once I got out I realised that I actually never had any and its all make believe, a conviction I thought I had

now a simple look at the average Christian who claims to have this deep personal relationship with Jesus proves its all a charade

A Jesus who says he is no respecter of persons who speaks to Paul, evidently, but can't be bothered to speak to so many others, so those "so many others" pull guesses

I look across Christianity and see all the contradictory things god is supposedly saying to all of his devout followers in their personal relationships with him, and there is honestly only one conclusion I can possibly draw.

Okay...
See I assumed you had been a Christian.
I think if people would be honest with themselves, they would say that they don't have a personal relationship with Christ.
They have a "knowledge of" but they don't "know Him".
That's where I am at this point....getting to truly "know" Him....
And that takes time....it has to slowly develop.
It's not what people say about Him...moreso what I know Him to be based on my experience with Him.
Re: The Meaninglessness Of "I Have A Deep Personal Relationship With Jesus Christ" by Nobody: 1:51am On Jun 07, 2017
HopefulLandlord,
I know you don't want to hear this...
But don't belittle or deny the relationship you had with Christ.
It may not have been perfect, but you had something with Him.....
He still loves you regardless....
Re: The Meaninglessness Of "I Have A Deep Personal Relationship With Jesus Christ" by hopefulLandlord: 1:56am On Jun 07, 2017
MZLady39:
HopefulLandlord, I know you don't want to hear this... But don't belittle or deny the relationship you had with Christ. It may not have been perfect, but you had something with Him..... He still loves you regardless....
hmmmm okay, I hear you
Re: The Meaninglessness Of "I Have A Deep Personal Relationship With Jesus Christ" by Nobody: 2:04am On Jun 07, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

hmmmm okay, I hear you

I thank you for being a gentleman throughout this conversation. When you guys act civil, that makes such a difference.
Have a good evening.
Re: The Meaninglessness Of "I Have A Deep Personal Relationship With Jesus Christ" by hopefulLandlord: 2:15am On Jun 07, 2017
MZLady39:

I thank you for being a gentleman throughout this conversation. When you guys act civil, that makes such a difference.
Have a good evening.

you too
Re: The Meaninglessness Of "I Have A Deep Personal Relationship With Jesus Christ" by Nobody: 7:49am On Jun 07, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
Onyenze123, check out this thread www.nairaland.com/3615455/does-new-covenant-abolish-ten/10 and see how our "Christians" who have deep personal relationship with the same dead Jew can't even agree if the the old covenant has been abolished or not, not only did they disagree, they insulted themselves very badly with the aid of the Holy spirit of course

It's really sad but not surprising to me.

Someone here once told me all catholics are going to hell since they worship "graven image" which God commanded them not to do. Ordinary Anglican to Catholic marriage in my area is difficult because of minor differences in dogma and doctrines.

Organized Religion is worse than "drug"

2 Likes

Re: The Meaninglessness Of "I Have A Deep Personal Relationship With Jesus Christ" by Julivas(m): 10:30am On Jun 07, 2017
Good morning
I just stumbled on this thread now.
Deeep relationship?
Relationship can in an abstract or physical form. For instance, most of us on this platform are in an abstract relationship which can be shallow or deep depending on the level of dimension we take it to.
Do you know some on this forum have developed deep relationship among themselves to the extent of marrying each other, transferring fund to one another , helping others when the needs arise etc, without seeing themselves physically before.
This scenario above can be likened to having relationship with Jesus. The level of your intimacy with Him will determine whether the relationship is shallow or deep.
The question now should be 'how do I have a relationship with Jesus'?
Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: The Meaninglessness Of "I Have A Deep Personal Relationship With Jesus Christ" by hopefulLandlord: 11:34am On Jun 07, 2017
Julivas:
Good morning
Same here

I just stumbled on this thread now.
Deeep relationship?
Relationship can in an abstract or physical form.
For instance, most of us on this platform are in an abstract relationship which can be shallow or deep depending on the level of dimension we take it to.
its almost impossible for a Nairaland relationship to be "deep" without interactions outside Nairaland
Do you know some on this forum have developed deep relationship among themselves to the extent of marrying each other, transferring fund to one another , helping others when the needs arise etc, without seeing themselves physically before.
those who get married must've met here but I'm pretty sure they solidified the relationship outside here, it became a "personal relationship" when it progressed outside Nairaland, without this progression I wouldn't call it a personal relationship

people transfer funds to one another on P2P sites, I wouldn't call that "personal relationship" by any stretch of my imagination

helping someone doesn't in any way become "personal relationship", I've helped a couple of people but I wouldn't call it a "Personal relationship" in any way, I can't claim to know them personally, I can't even be sure I'm not being scammed

This scenario above can be likened to having relationship with Jesus. The level of your intimacy with Him will determine whether the relationship is shallow or deep.
The question now should be 'how do I have a relationship with Jesus'?
Thanks.

the question is, why can't you and someone who claim to have the same personal relationship with this Jesus agree on almost anything? who really is deceiving the other?

I know my sister's hair colour, her latest car, her workplace, her duty there etc, this is a personal relationship even though I wouldn't call it "deep" cuz we only see once a while

for Christians however, not only can't they identify Jesus if he slaps them in the face, they can't agree on what this Jesus wants, what interpretation of what he wants is correct, is it literal? metamorphic? allegorical?

truth is if 3 people tell you they have a deep personal relationship with one Mr Appleby and all claim to have seen him yesterday; and you sit them down to interview them on this Appleby and they all can't agree on even basic looking things like:

one tells you he's a midget, another says he's a giant, the third says he's neither tall nor short

another says he has a blonde hair, another says he has dark hair and the third says his hair is ginger

one says his hair is long, another says his hair is short, the third says he has a lowcut

one says he's works at JC Penney, another says he works at Walmart, the third says he has no job

what would you think is going on here? let's assume each and every one of them actually passed whatever polygraph test and they were injected with truth serum, meaning each really "know" they're telling the truth.

won't you start doubting those interviewee? could they be hallucinating this Appleby guy? is this Appleby guy even real? is their "relationship" they're claiming to have with Appleby true?

now this is a human used as an example, a human might change, Maybe Appleby is wearing various wigs, wearing some high heeled shoes, maybe he tells each interviewee different things, maybe Mr Appleby is actually a fraud trying to deceive the interviewee, after all he's human and humans can lie and deceive

Jesus however remains the same yesterday today and forever, at least that's what you guys claim, he's not a man that he should lie, and he'll reveal the truth about scriptures to you guys and he has a personal relationship with you guys

why then can't you guys agree on anything?

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Meaninglessness Of "I Have A Deep Personal Relationship With Jesus Christ" by hopefulLandlord: 11:58am On Jun 07, 2017
dalaman:

On the Christ Embassy thread our christians who claim to be in personal relationship with Jesus not only insulted each other but threatened each other with hell and other imaginary stuffs. grin

Hehehehehehehehe

Well, since Christianity is based on made-up stories, you can believe it however you wish. You can even change what you don't like about it and call it something else, like "Protestant Christianity", and then you can change it again and call it "Baptist". That's the thing about made-up bullshit. You can just make shit up as you go, then threaten anyone who didn't make it up exactly like you did (a tall order) or didn't join your made up nonsense with hell

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Meaninglessness Of "I Have A Deep Personal Relationship With Jesus Christ" by dalaman: 12:05pm On Jun 07, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

Hehehehehehehehe

Well, since Christianity is based on made-up stories, you can believe it however you wish. You can even change what you don't like about it and call it something else, like "Protestant Christianity", and then you can change it again and call it "Baptist". That's the thing about made-up bullshit. You can just make shit up as you go, then threaten anyone who didn't make it up exactly like you did (a tall order) or didn't join your made up nonsense with hell

You've said it all. Our resident star trek evangelist just conjured up some defunct portal from thin air. He could stand on it and threaten both believers and unbelievers that refuse to accept this made up tales of his with hell if they dare to challenge him. Christianity is all about self projecting yourself as God and doing what ever it is you want to do.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Meaninglessness Of "I Have A Deep Personal Relationship With Jesus Christ" by hopefulLandlord: 10:49pm On Jun 07, 2017
Bennyann, check in
Re: The Meaninglessness Of "I Have A Deep Personal Relationship With Jesus Christ" by bennyann: 10:52pm On Jun 07, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
Bennyann, check in

Ok. what's happening? cheesy
Re: The Meaninglessness Of "I Have A Deep Personal Relationship With Jesus Christ" by hopefulLandlord: 10:58pm On Jun 07, 2017
bennyann:

Ok. what's happening? cheesy

what's your opinion about OP? why can't you guys agree at all despite having "deep personal relationship" with the same entity? why so many differences about the same entity you guys have a "deep personal relationship with"? who really amongst you are the liars and which one is true? or are most of you hallucinating?

3 Likes

Re: The Meaninglessness Of "I Have A Deep Personal Relationship With Jesus Christ" by bennyann: 11:08pm On Jun 07, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

our Christians parrot it like the be all and end all but scratch the surface and you'll see that its all meaningless words meant to feel good and keep the sheep

When did you start lying and when did you start assuming with so much confidence? You've concluded for the Christians so I have not much to say

But...

Different types of relationship here:

1. Human to human
2. Human to Spirit
3. Spirit to Spirit

Concentrate on the one that's on your level and that's No1.

For more explanation, please ask otum, billy and onyenze and? I can't remember the rest ooo

Please analice107, felixomor, kingebukasblog, can you help me name any moniker that isn't Christian but commune with a higher source? I've run out of mentions

Let me say goodnight here to one atheist I really like but I hope you come back to God sooner. It's night here brother Hope, bye wink
Re: The Meaninglessness Of "I Have A Deep Personal Relationship With Jesus Christ" by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:11pm On Jun 07, 2017
bennyann:

When did you start lying and when did you start assuming with so much confidence? You've concluded for the Christians so I have not much to say

But...

1. Human to human
2. Human to Spirit
3. Spirit to Spirit

For more explanation, please ask otum, billy and onyenze and? I can't remember the rest ooo

Please analice107, felixomor, kingebukasblog, can you help me name any moniker that isn't Christian but commune with a higher source? I've run out of mentions

Let me say goodnight here to one atheist I really like but I hope you come back to God sooner. It's night here brother Hope, bye wink

DeepSight , Ifenes , Billyonaire , Sarrassin , gatiano

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Meaninglessness Of "I Have A Deep Personal Relationship With Jesus Christ" by hopefulLandlord: 11:13pm On Jun 07, 2017
bennyann:

But...

1. Human to human
2. Human to Spirit
3. Spirit to Spirit

did you read through the thread? or you just picked a part and ran away with it?

did those "other people" claim to have a deep personal relationship with Jesus?

1 Like

Re: The Meaninglessness Of "I Have A Deep Personal Relationship With Jesus Christ" by felixomor: 11:17pm On Jun 07, 2017
bennyann:

But...

1. Human to human
2. Human to Spirit
3. Spirit to Spirit

Yes Ma.
Pastafarian who happens to be the same person you are talking to.

He communes with The Flying Spaghetti Monster.
Lord of Pasta grin
Hehehehe

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Meaninglessness Of "I Have A Deep Personal Relationship With Jesus Christ" by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jun 07, 2017
The OP does not get it. Personal relationship is possible even with the people that passed on, you are looking at it from a physical perspective. It is myopic to view life on the perspective of physicality alone. We are Physical, Soul and Spirit. So, lets say, the person is talking from a Soul perspective as Jesus can still commune with souls telephatically. This has to do with an understanding of the quantum dynamics of what goes on, on the land beyond the beyond. grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Meaninglessness Of "I Have A Deep Personal Relationship With Jesus Christ" by hopefulLandlord: 11:29pm On Jun 07, 2017
Billyonaire:
The OP does not get it. Personal relationship is possible even with the people that passed on, you are looking at it from a physical perspective. It is myopic to view life on the perspective of physicality alone. We are Physical, Soul and Spirit. So, lets say, the person is talking from a Soul perspective as Jesus can still commune with souls telephatically. This has to do with an understanding of the quantum dynamics of what goes on, on the land beyond the beyond. grin grin grin

nah, I just used the physical aspects to get a point across

the main message is the total disagreement amongst people who claim to have "deep personal relationship" with the same person BUT can't agree on even the most basic of things and each believes he's correct and the others wrong

this is why the thread is directed at "Christians" only, I don't understand why you were called in

1 Like

Re: The Meaninglessness Of "I Have A Deep Personal Relationship With Jesus Christ" by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:34pm On Jun 07, 2017
felixomor:

Yes Ma.
Pastafarian who happens to be the same person you are talking to.

He communes with The Flying Spaghetti Monster.
Lord of Pasta grin
Hehehehe

He tells us that he has a personal relationship with FSM grin . I'm certain he is serious about this , like Otem

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Meaninglessness Of "I Have A Deep Personal Relationship With Jesus Christ" by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jun 07, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

the main message is the total disagreement amongst people who claim to have "deep personal relationship" with the same person BUT can't agree on even the most basic of things and each believes he's correct and the others wrong

this is why the thread is directed at "Christians" only, I don't understand why you're called in

It is still possible to have a personal relationship with Christ Consciousness yet hold diverse views. The Ego construct which we identify with, as self is a product of our unique experiences with the environment, diverse cultures, mishaps, etc etc; Although connected to the same Source Field their messages are altered by their ego.

1 Like

Re: The Meaninglessness Of "I Have A Deep Personal Relationship With Jesus Christ" by felixomor: 11:39pm On Jun 07, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

He tells us that he has a personal relationship with FSM grin . I'm certain he is serious about this , like Otem
LOL grin
Exactly, people like Otem, started with atheism too.
Before they started receiving such visions.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Meaninglessness Of "I Have A Deep Personal Relationship With Jesus Christ" by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:42pm On Jun 07, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

this is why the thread is directed at "Christians" only, I don't understand why you were called in

Even Christ Himself said that He would deny those who perform miracles in his name . Apparently some people are propagating falsehood . He also clearly said that many are called but few are chosen .

A relationship with Christ is about living a Christ like life , growing in his word and preparing your soul for eternity with him .

Whether Christ created the universe or the universe is as eternal as Him , evolution or no evolution won't save you on the last day . Christ is after your soul not which denomination you belong .

This same topic has been discussed a thousand times in this forum . Always creating daft threads or recycling them

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Meaninglessness Of "I Have A Deep Personal Relationship With Jesus Christ" by analice107: 11:47pm On Jun 07, 2017
felixomor:

Yes Ma. Pastafarian who happens to be the same person you are talking to.
He communes with The Flying Spaghetti Monster. Lord of Pasta grin Hehehehe
What??, righteousoul1 is Hopefulandlord?
Re: The Meaninglessness Of "I Have A Deep Personal Relationship With Jesus Christ" by felixomor: 11:48pm On Jun 07, 2017
analice107:

What??, righteousoul1 is Hopefulandlord?
"Pastafarian"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Are You Finding It Hard Forgive? Read This. / What Is The Significance Of Cross-over Service For Christians? / Olukoya: "Satanic Witchcraft Behind Bloodshed And Massive Deaths In Nigeria"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.