Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

A Lesson About Why Men Don’t Pursue Women - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Lesson About Why Men Don’t Pursue Women (7606 Views)

Why Every Lady Must Stand By Her Man To Pursue His Passion?the Banky.w Story / Things Nigerian Men Don’t/won’t Do For A Lady / Town In Lagos Where Men Don’t Use Condom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Lesson About Why Men Don’t Pursue Women by lordbayor(m): 3:50pm On Jan 20, 2010
Upon talking with a friend the other day, she brought up the question of men and why it seems that we often lack the “pursuit” of women. Where has it gone? Why don’t men pursue women like they used to?

Let me give you a hypothetical situation (one that will probably speak more to the ladies): You’re out shopping. You see a gorgeous pair of shoes. I’m talking about nice shoes — Manolos (for the men, Ferragamos) perhaps. You’re in love with them and would love to buy them, but upon seeing the price, you realize you need to save a little bit before you can afford them. They’re temporarily unattainable. But you can save up and get them. (And oh, will they be worth it.)

Later that week or maybe the same day, you’re out shopping again and you see a pair, perhaps of Steve Madden shoes, that looks nearly identical to the pair you had seen earlier. They’re not exactly the same, but only you’ll be one of the only ones to know the difference. The biggest difference — the Maddens are much cheaper than the Manolos. It’s a pair that you can afford right now, without having to save any money.

Which pair would you buy?

While there are some people who would choose the Manolos (or Ferragamos) over the cheaper alternatives, the majority of folks would take the cheaper pair. However, those who would choose the Manolos, would do so because they understand that there is quality attached to the higher cost; they’re are not just expensive for the sake of being expensive.

If you were paying attention, you probably got the analogy: men don’t want to take the time and invest in the pursuit of a relationship when they know they don’t have to. Why would a man pursue a woman when he can just stand still and let them come to him? To quote a friend, “Why pay for the software, when you can download it for free?”

Women have made it to where men don’t have to pursue to get what they want. This isn’t the case for all the women; let me be clear. However, this is one of those times where a few people “ruin the party” for everyone involved.

There are far too many women giving it up, the men know they can get it easy, and thus it becomes a drain to actually pursue a woman. If women would stop being so “easy,” perhaps things would change. (But I understand that might be asking for a miracle.)

Since I’m sure you’re wondering if all men are like that, let me answer the question for you: Yes. All men, at some point in their lives, want what they can get easily and don’t particularly care about the quality of the “merchandise.” The key is that we can grow out of it; we can mature into an understanding that Manolos are better than Steve Maddens. But not all people understand this. Some just think that you pay more for them and that’s where it ends. Those people don’t have the maturity (or good taste) to realize that there is so much more to a Manolo shoe than an expensive price tag.

Do any “Manolo lovers” still exist? Absolutely. There are still men out there who understand, recognize, and appreciate quality and character. Not all men want a “Steve Madden” or “DSW” type of woman. But you don’t find those men shopping at JC Penny or Sears. You find them shopping at Barneys and Niemans. In other words, you don’t find men looking for quality women in places where the “cheaper” women are readily available. Think about it: have you ever seen some Manolos in DSW?

At the end of the day, the good news is this — you can choose what you’d like to be. If you want to be a women of standard and quality, be that. If you don’t care, that’s fine too. But just understand that it takes a little bit longer to the Manolos to be “sold.” But take care of them, and they’ll last you the rest of your life
Re: A Lesson About Why Men Don’t Pursue Women by Blueice4re(f): 4:00pm On Jan 20, 2010
Really?
Re: A Lesson About Why Men Don’t Pursue Women by henryhemon(m): 5:09pm On Jan 20, 2010
Blueice4re:

Really?

now you know,you better stop forming!
Re: A Lesson About Why Men Don’t Pursue Women by chinedumo(m): 5:49pm On Jan 20, 2010
may I say a few words. The world is becoming unbalanced. Women are getin more opportunities. they are also makin the world there own too. It behooves on them learn to pursue just as the men before them did if this world will truly be a woman's. He who pursues is making a sacrifice and if successful he earns da headship.

1 Like

Re: A Lesson About Why Men Don’t Pursue Women by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jan 20, 2010
Did anyone manage to read all that? Please summarise for me thanks kiss
Re: A Lesson About Why Men Don’t Pursue Women by DrLorenz1(m): 6:22pm On Jan 20, 2010
@OP

Point of correction. I'm not among those men that "want what they can get easily and don’t particularly care about the quality of the “merchandise.”". Now that's talking about merchandise in the real sense. Talking about the women, it depends on how the man reasons. Personally, i don't think a woman will come to me whether easily or not.

@Ebonyeyes
Hey sugarpops. Long time no talk. I see you're back here. . .that's good smiley. U just abandoned me abi? U want summary? I think these will do justice. . . grin

"There are far too many women giving it up, the men know they can get it easy, and thus it becomes a drain to actually pursue a woman. If women would stop being so “easy,” perhaps things would change. (But I understand that might be asking for a miracle.)"

"At the end of the day, the good news is this — you can choose what you’d like to be. If you want to be a women of standard and quality, be that. If you don’t care, that’s fine too. But just understand that it takes a little bit longer to the Manolos to be “sold.” But take care of them, and they’ll last you the rest of your life"
Re: A Lesson About Why Men Don’t Pursue Women by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jan 20, 2010
Dr. Lorenz:

@OP

Point of correction. I'm not among those men that "want what they can get easily and don’t particularly care about the quality of the “merchandise.”". Now that's talking about merchandise in the real sense. Talking about the women, it depends on how the man reasons. Personally, i don't think a woman will come to me whether easily or not.

@Ebonyeyes
Hey sugarpops. Long time no talk. I see you're back here. . .that's good smiley. U just abandoned me abi? U want summary? I think these will do justice. . . grin

"There are far too many women giving it up, the men know they can get it easy, and thus it becomes a drain to actually pursue a woman. If women would stop being so “easy,” perhaps things would change. (But I understand that might be asking for a miracle.)"

"At the end of the day, the good news is this — you can choose what you’d like to be. If you want to be a women of standard and quality, be that. If you don’t care, that’s fine too. But just understand that it takes a little bit longer to the Manolos to be “sold.” But take care of them, and they’ll last you the rest of your life"

Hello sweetie, I guess some topics have improved wink. Hope you are keeping well grin
Re: A Lesson About Why Men Don’t Pursue Women by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jan 20, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

Did anyone manage to read all that? Please summarise for me thanks kiss

He’s trying to say that 95% of women come very easily and cheaply, so why bother with the 5% who still have a sense of modesty, when in the end, a woman is a woman! undecided

Well, he did say that the 5% who happen to retain their modesty are always a better offer ‘in the long run’ but then they have to be ready for the 95% to get exhausted before they can get the chance of being sought after!

@ Poster . .

Thank you for confirming what I’ve always thought about men. They’ve got no class! They do not know what they want, and they can settle for ANYTHING, just to cut costs!
Re: A Lesson About Why Men Don’t Pursue Women by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jan 20, 2010
Ujujoan:

He’s trying to say that 95% of women come very easily and cheaply, so why bother with the 5% who still have a sense of modesty, when in the end, a woman is a woman!  undecided

Well, he did say that the 5% who happen to retain their modesty are always a better offer ‘in the long run’ but then they have to be ready for the 95% to get exhausted before they can get the chance of being sought after!

@ Poster . .

Thank you for confirming what I’ve always thought about men. They’ve got no class! They do not know what they want, and they can settle for ANYTHING, just to cut costs!

Thanks babes kiss. I have heard it all now, a girl is damned if she gives it in and damned if she holds back. I think I will save up for a couple or 10 cats cos these men are a trip, I tell ya. grin grin
Re: A Lesson About Why Men Don’t Pursue Women by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jan 20, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

Thanks babes kiss. I have heard it all now, a girl is damned if she gives it in and damned if she holds back. I think I will save up for a couple or 10 cats cos these men are a trip, I tell ya. grin grin

Tell me about it . . . cheesy
Re: A Lesson About Why Men Don’t Pursue Women by Moyola(f): 8:13pm On Jan 20, 2010
Long story! sm1 summarize pwease! tongue
Re: A Lesson About Why Men Don’t Pursue Women by filani(m): 12:50am On Jan 21, 2010
Hmmm, its so easy to get on the gender bashing train isn't it girls but in all fairness the poster didn't help matters with his sweeping statements but i'll get back to  him in a minute.

Ujujoan:

He’s trying to say that 95% of women come very easily and cheaply, so why bother with the 5% who still have a sense of modesty, when in the end, a woman is a woman! undecided

@ Poster . .

you talk tough girl, so av got a question for you. can you say to all of nairaland that you as an individual are among that rare 5%  who are ladies in the true sense of the word  , worthy of being ''searched for'' by a quality man because of ur sterling qualities ? did i hear you say a loud  yes?  undecided

if that were true then why did you jump into the man bashing bandwagon describing men as '' having no class '' willing to ''settle for anything to cut costs'' b4 taking the time to truly analyse the posters comments and even more time b4 you posted ur self incriminating reply you were so eager to jump on that train with glee that u forgot that this biased reply has made a mess of ur own father who happens to be a card carrying member of the gender you so happilly crucified here   sad
in summary , ur father having no class decided to marry ur mom because since never really knows what he wants ,  he just had to cut costs and the product of that union is YOU   shocked do you see how ignorant & foolish ur reply to the poster has xposed you to be

lordbayor,  in your post you made a generalized statement

''Since I’m sure you’re wondering if all men are like that, let me answer the question for you: Yes. All men, at some point in their lives, want what they can get easily and don’t particularly care about the quality of the “merchandise.”

if you could take the time to notice that a rare group of ladies maitain thier integrity despite all odds howcome you were ignorant or just plain blind to the group of men who were raised by quality parents & taught from a tender age to seek out quality ladies rather than the chaff  at any point in thier lives !!!
please , please  & please the next time you make such comments indicate that you are strictly speaking your own opinion  YOU DO NOT SPEAK FOR ALL MEN  angry angry angry
Re: A Lesson About Why Men Don’t Pursue Women by mastalee(m): 12:51am On Jan 21, 2010
To be candid, this is one
of the few post that makes
SENSE on NL

Ogunde
=========
Re: A Lesson About Why Men Don’t Pursue Women by Nobody: 10:50am On Jan 21, 2010
filani:

Hmmm, its so easy to get on the gender bashing train isn't it girls but in all fairness the poster didn't help matters with his sweeping statements but i'll get back to him in a minute.

you talk tough girl, so av got a question for you. can you say to all of nairaland that you as an individual are among that rare 5% who are ladies in the true sense of the word , worthy of being ''searched for'' by a quality man because of your sterling qualities ? did i hear you say a loud yes? undecided

if that were true then why did you jump into the man bashing bandwagon describing men as '' having no class '' willing to ''settle for anything to cut costs'' b4 taking the time to truly analyse the posters comments and even more time b4 you posted your self incriminating reply you were so eager to jump on that train with glee that u forgot that this biased reply has made a mess of your own father who happens to be a card carrying member of the gender you so happilly crucified here sad
in summary , your father having no class decided to marry your mom because since never really knows what he wants , he just had to cut costs and the product of that union is YOU shocked do you see how ignorant & foolish your reply to the poster has xposed you to be

lordbayor, in your post you made a generalized statement

''Since I’m sure you’re wondering if all men are like that, let me answer the question for you: Yes. All men, at some point in their lives, want what they can get easily and don’t particularly care about the quality of the “merchandise.”

if you could take the time to notice that a rare group of ladies maitain thier integrity despite all odds howcome you were ignorant or just plain blind to the group of men who were raised by quality parents & taught from a tender age to seek out quality ladies rather than the chaff at any point in thier lives !!!
please , please & please the next time you make such comments indicate that you are strictly speaking your own opinion YOU DO NOT SPEAK FOR ALL MEN angry angry angry

Wow wow wow . . slow down tiger!

This has absolutely nothing to do with who our parents were . . Those were better and more decent times, I'm sure you can see that through your indignation!

I honestly do not see your reason for getting angry becasue I was just interpreting what the poster said! Ok, so what if I generalized Obviously there are always exceptions to the rules and before you go off again, I didnt make the rule here!
Re: A Lesson About Why Men Don’t Pursue Women by whitelexi(m): 11:01am On Jan 21, 2010
Ujujoan:

@ Poster . .

I believe it all started with a woman making her choice between a cheap or an expensive pair of shoes. . . Most women would go for the cheaper pair if shoes, does that not make them classless too?
Re: A Lesson About Why Men Don’t Pursue Women by Nobody: 11:19am On Jan 21, 2010
whitelexi:

I believe it all started with a woman making her choice between a cheap or an expensive pair of shoes. . . Most women would go for the cheaper pair if shoes, does that not make them classless too?
Common son, why liken a human being to a shoe?
Re: A Lesson About Why Men Don’t Pursue Women by Nobody: 11:43am On Jan 21, 2010
whitelexi:

Well, everybody knows Cheap shoes don't last. Most women who buy Cheap shoes buy them as extras. When they really need shoes, they go for the good ones! But your man here's trying to say that you guys don't care . . as far as you've got sth to wear!

undecided

Ebonyeyes:

Oops! cheesy
Re: A Lesson About Why Men Don’t Pursue Women by whitelexi(m): 11:54am On Jan 21, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

Son

Take time oh!!!
Re: A Lesson About Why Men Don’t Pursue Women by Nobody: 11:59am On Jan 21, 2010
whitelexi:

Son

Take time oh!!!
Whats up with ya? You done changed? grin grin
Re: A Lesson About Why Men Don’t Pursue Women by Akanbiedu(m): 9:51am On Jan 22, 2010
mastalee:

SENSE on NL

Ogunde
=========

Sensible posts are not good for business!
Re: A Lesson About Why Men Don’t Pursue Women by olanajim(m): 12:00pm On Jan 22, 2010
@Op,
You started well but ended badly. You have a good point when you started but your conclusion is just not right enough.

I wonder why we are not looking at the facts.

What I will agree with is that "most mature men" will rather wait and prepare for a quality lady than just at the women, although they play "away games" which is having fun at the expenses of a willing lady until they get their acts together.

It is not about being classed or classless. It is more intuitive than delibrate plan.

However, "real" men know how to strike a good bargain for quality women whether they can afford it or not. It is just like real life mechandise. You can talk to the seller to reserve it for you, you can buy on credit. If you have integrity, you can always get whatever you want on credit. After all most great ventures do take loans as long as they can repay them.

What has credit got to do with this? If you see a wonderful lady and you are not able to afford her price, you can still get her even if you have nothing. Most of the most successful marriages I know were contracted that way. A man with high self-esteem, integrity, and impeccable moral background dont need to be rich to get a quality lady. Real ladies dont need your money to love you.

By the way, when the poster said expensive ladies, I bet he forget to tell us what the quality of those ladies are. A village gal can as well have a great feminist quality that a graduate dont have. I think it depend on your taste and your level of perception. Human beings are too sophisticated to be categorized as simply as you did.
Re: A Lesson About Why Men Don’t Pursue Women by DrLorenz1(m): 1:56pm On Jan 22, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

Hello sweetie, I guess some topics have improved wink. Hope you are keeping well grin

Hey sup querida, looks like it. I'm doing very well o. We just tryna hustle and flow wink grin
Re: A Lesson About Why Men Don’t Pursue Women by iice(f): 8:39pm On Jan 22, 2010
The analogy doesn't really work. By the way. . .people in general are too cheap.
Re: A Lesson About Why Men Don’t Pursue Women by kokoye(m): 9:14pm On Jan 22, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

The original poster likened human beings to shoes and you had no problem with it.
Re: A Lesson About Why Men Don’t Pursue Women by H2O2: 9:18pm On Jan 22, 2010
kokoye:

The original poster likened human beings to shoes and you had no problem with it.
you in frisco? that's whassup brah
Re: A Lesson About Why Men Don’t Pursue Women by kokoye(m): 9:23pm On Jan 22, 2010
@ poster.

People like you are the reason why fake girls pose and stuff that would normally be cheap are sold at stupidly high prices.

Guess what, have you realised that some really cheap girls already know your line of thought and therefore place themselves on a pedestal so people think theyre of high quality?

and do you know that once in a while, you'll see a piece of merchandise at Neimans for $500 and the same exact thing goes for $120 at TJ MAXX , or DSW??

You dont have to suffer to get a great girl.

A mature and confident girl that already wants you will not stress you at all.  And that does not mean she is cheap.

Pray you meet ur soulmate and see how easy or 'cheap' it will end up.

1 Like

Re: A Lesson About Why Men Don’t Pursue Women by kokoye(m): 9:24pm On Jan 22, 2010
H2O2:

you in frisco? that's whassup brah

I dey ojare.
Re: A Lesson About Why Men Don’t Pursue Women by emorse(m): 11:15pm On Jan 22, 2010
@ kokoye. I couldn't agree more. But sadly alot of people don't see things in this light. A real woman should know what she wants and shoukdn't hesitate to grab it when it comes around. It's really annoying when women are being compared to choiceless commodities who'll go with anybody who can pay the price (even an errand boy) but what can you do about it when the ladies themselves are the ones fuelling this "crazy" notion. The earlier we all realise that women are not "mindless" commodities, the better for us all.
Re: A Lesson About Why Men Don’t Pursue Women by Turiano(m): 3:24am On Jan 23, 2010
I'm nt disputn d fact dt sum grls re cheap.come to tink of it, do we say grls re cheap becos they gve it in so easily to guys? Or d fact dt sum re materialistic, is dt ur way of caln them cheap?.wel 2 me the grls that re bn refferd 2 b cheap re the gud ones,nt the ones that put up a holier than thou attitude wen they re nt,n they haven't got any form of modesty and dicency.lets take a luk at it frm another perspective do u knm dt the things we cal cheap is good and strnger than expensive ones,take 4 instance a felly used shoe, gat more sign of durability than a new1 n in most cases even costlier than a new1.the fact that they re nt sold in an expensive outlet does'nt make it loose its value.lets cut the setimental bushit n face reality.i wud'nt go wit the statistics that says 95% re cheap n 5% re nt cheap,bt cum 2 take of it dose'nt go wel,cos any body cud fal cheap if there is luv and it al depends on the approach on the part of the guy,we this i wud say it shud be 99.9% shud b referd 2 as cheap if at al they a cheap.
Re: A Lesson About Why Men Don’t Pursue Women by na2day2(m): 5:15am On Jan 23, 2010
chinedumo:

may I say a few words. The world is becoming unbalanced. Women are getin more opportunities. they are also makin the world there own too. It behooves on them learn to pursue just as the men before them did if this world will truly be a woman's. He who pursues is making a sacrifice and if successful he earns da headship.

i concur! wink wink wink

Ujujoan:

@ Poster . .

arent u the same long throat that says she will must marry sum1 that is rich? pot calling kettle black lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: A Lesson About Why Men Don’t Pursue Women by N101: 5:29am On Jan 23, 2010
[/quote]
mastalee:

SENSE on NL

Ogunde
=========

Sorry, can't agree with you, this post makes no sense unless you have a fixation with shoes or "cheap" values.

I throwaway salute to kokoyo and olanajim for your thoughtful replies.  You guys summed it up. May you get that woman of integrity who knows and appreciates your true value (if you haven't met her already!)  cheesy

[quote author=olanajim link=topic=384865.msg5365948#msg5365948 date=1264158021]
However, "real" men know how to strike a good bargain for quality women whether they can afford it or not. It is just like real life mechandise. You can talk to the seller to reserve it for you, you can buy on credit. If you have integrity, you can always get whatever you want on credit. After all most great ventures do take loans as long as they can repay them.

What has credit got to do with this? If you see a wonderful lady and you are not able to afford her price, you can still get her even if you have nothing. Most of the most successful marriages I know were contracted that way. A man with high self-esteem, integrity, and impeccable moral background dont need to be rich to get a quality lady. Real ladies dont need your money to love you.

kokoye:

@ poster.

You dont have to suffer to get a great girl.

A mature and confident girl that already wants you will not stress you at all.  And that does not mean she is cheap.
Re: A Lesson About Why Men Don’t Pursue Women by topup: 4:16am On Jan 28, 2010
Fantastic write up!! It's inspired me, I feel like booking trips to art galleries, why do I complain that I never see creative types when all I do is eat chicken at Nandos, study and sleep tongue

Thanks for reminding me something I discovered a year ago.

smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Adults Only: 21 Thoughts Every Girl Has When A Guy Eats Her Th!ng / This Animal Was Killed In Our Compound This Evening , I Couldn't Figure Its Name / Checkout What 2 Guys And A Girl Were Spotted Doing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.