Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:59 AM

Ango Abdullahi Is On His Own – Northern Elders Forum - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ango Abdullahi Is On His Own – Northern Elders Forum (43496 Views)

Why Fulani Herdsmen Kill - Ango Abdullahi Says / Ango Abdullahi Backs Quit Notice To Igbos Issued By Northern Youths / Ango Abdullahi Replies Emir Sanusi Over His Comments About The North (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ango Abdullahi Is On His Own – Northern Elders Forum by Cooly100: 7:33pm On Jun 09, 2017
The Deputy Leader of the Northern Elders Forum (NEF), Elder Paul Unongo has said that Professor Ango Abdullahi is on his own in backing ignorant youths.

Unongo said Northern Elders Forum could not have adopted position of ignorant youths, who were not there when Nigeria lost three million of its citizens to the civil war they fought for keep the country as one united nation.

According to Unongo, “I am the Deputy Leader of the Northern Elders Forum and Ambassador Yusuf Maitama Sule is the leader. So, only the two of us can speak for the forum on sensitive matter like this. Therefore, if Professor Ango Abdullahi is backing those ignorant youths, then he is speaking for himself.

“We cannot support the nonsense those boys said. We fought civil war with our blood to keep Nigeria one. So, any Nigerian can live in any part of the country he feels like. Igbos are welcome in the North, they are welcome in Yoruba land and my own village in Tiv land and they have right to pursue their daily bread and own property.

“We couldn’t have killed three million people to keep Nigeria one and come back and allow these kids (the Northern Youth Groups) to insult our intelligence. We knew why we fought the war, we knew why we killed the people we loved. We knew why we made the sacrifice of three million men dead. So, Northern Elders Forum cannot take same position as those young men, if at all they took a position.

“So, if the young men cannot build a nation, they should not destroy the one we put our lives on the line to build for them. We cannot allow young men who did not fight the civil war with us to destroy our country, because Nigeria cannot afford another civil war,” he said.

http://thenationonlineng.net/ango-abdullahi-northern-elders-forum

20 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ango Abdullahi Is On His Own – Northern Elders Forum by vayne(m): 7:34pm On Jun 09, 2017
Ultimatum or no ultimatum,our stance remains thesame!

Let the country divide peacefully after which everyone can relocate!

You can't ask anyone to relocate when the division process has not been concluded,conclude it and see if any Igbo remains anywhere outside igboland!

If the north wants a breakup,they have their members in the HOR through which to channel their idealogies!

1)Why is the SW so scared of condemning the approach of the north towards secession as it did to NK led agitation,under the guise of "following due peaceful process",what are they scared of?

2)why can't the SW tell the north to represent their case through their members in the house of reps like they always tell igbos?

3)why haven't they threatened the north with war like they did to Igbos?

What are they scared of?

215 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Ango Abdullahi Is On His Own – Northern Elders Forum by serverconnect(m): 7:38pm On Jun 09, 2017
Change/chain everywhere.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ango Abdullahi Is On His Own – Northern Elders Forum by doublewisdom: 7:39pm On Jun 09, 2017
Seems the North respects the Ibos. They take them serious and would rather be allies with them.

71 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ango Abdullahi Is On His Own – Northern Elders Forum by KINGinVAHALA: 7:40pm On Jun 09, 2017
Hmmmm, this is deep, very deep and reeks of anger

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ango Abdullahi Is On His Own – Northern Elders Forum by KINGinVAHALA: 7:42pm On Jun 09, 2017
doublewisdom:
Seems the North respects the Ibos.

They don't, they are only supporting what is right, unlike the ibos as a tribe (not as individuals) that support even what hell rejects just because "he is our brother/sister"

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ango Abdullahi Is On His Own – Northern Elders Forum by Cooly100: 7:43pm On Jun 09, 2017
This is not the issue...the Igbos and other tribes who are contagious to the SE want out...We want to be able to develop at our own pace. We want to be able to get foreign loans and develop our cities without going to Abuja to beg..We want be able to build our roads without asking Abuja, we want to be able to compete without quota system. We want to have our embassies without travelling to Abuja or Lagos. We want all foreign airlines to come to the East...we have suffered having to travel to Lagos and Abuja first...We want to go to space by serious investment in R&Development..We want out people to be employed as they are recruited into Biafra army, police,Immigration, Customs, National Guard, Biafra elite commandos, Biafra Secret Service...We want to build international Stadia in our region,etc, etc...

It will be a win win situation for the rest of Nigeria and Biafra...as development would be enhanced. We hope to create mutual relationship and respect for each other.

245 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Ango Abdullahi Is On His Own – Northern Elders Forum by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 7:43pm On Jun 09, 2017
Division and confusion in the northern camp all because of one sit-at-home order !

There is a God above.

117 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ango Abdullahi Is On His Own – Northern Elders Forum by doublewisdom: 7:46pm On Jun 09, 2017
KINGinVAHALA:

They don't, they are only supporting what is right, unlike the ibos as a tribe (not as individuals) that support even what hell rejects just because "he is our brother/sister"
You sound pained. Be careful so you don't pop a vein hating the Ibos. grin cheesy grin

117 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Ango Abdullahi Is On His Own – Northern Elders Forum by conductor3: 7:47pm On Jun 09, 2017
Rubbish. Ango is who we know. The Northerners have threatened us and we won't take it lying down.

We're not a like a tribe whom the Northerners imprisoned their traditional ruler after killing them at Ile Ife (I didn't call name o grin )

October 1 loading.

The sun is rising

97 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ango Abdullahi Is On His Own – Northern Elders Forum by EdCure: 7:47pm On Jun 09, 2017
What is Osibanjo doing about this whole thing as the Acting President? We need to hear or see some action from him.

This ultimatum threat issue is a recipe for chaos and national catastrophe. No same mind (except those who think they can benefit from it) should take it lightly.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ango Abdullahi Is On His Own – Northern Elders Forum by Built2last: 7:49pm On Jun 09, 2017
Imagine a typical Tiv man claiming North because they made you deputy leader

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ango Abdullahi Is On His Own – Northern Elders Forum by Kyase(m): 7:51pm On Jun 09, 2017
Built2last:
Imagine a typical Tiv man claiming North because they made you deputy leader
i wanted to say. You're MAD but..,no they do that nonsense near my tribe.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ango Abdullahi Is On His Own – Northern Elders Forum by KINGinVAHALA: 7:54pm On Jun 09, 2017
doublewisdom:

You sound pained. Be careful so you don't pop a vein hating the Ibos. grin cheesy grin

I don't think hating a fellow human, and this consist of the ibos is worth it. What I don't do is to tolerate nonsense from f@ols, which you are one.

7 Likes

Re: Ango Abdullahi Is On His Own – Northern Elders Forum by KINGinVAHALA: 7:55pm On Jun 09, 2017
Kyase:
i wanted to say. You're MAD but..,no they do that nonsense near my tribe.

lol

3 Likes

Re: Ango Abdullahi Is On His Own – Northern Elders Forum by Kyase(m): 7:56pm On Jun 09, 2017
EdCure:
What is Osibanjo doing about this whole thing as the Acting President? We need to hear or see some action from him.

This ultimatum threat issue is a recipe for chaos and national catastrophe. No same mind (except those who think they can benefit from it) should take it lightly.
leave osinbanjo jor, Lai muhamed have spoken already.

5 Likes

Re: Ango Abdullahi Is On His Own – Northern Elders Forum by Evablizin(f): 7:56pm On Jun 09, 2017
Igbos should be at alert wether they are in support or not,those people are unpredictable

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ango Abdullahi Is On His Own – Northern Elders Forum by Kyase(m): 7:57pm On Jun 09, 2017
KINGinVAHALA:

lol
i dey boil now

1 Like

Re: Ango Abdullahi Is On His Own – Northern Elders Forum by Cooly100: 7:58pm On Jun 09, 2017
Kyase:
leave osinbanjo jor, Lai muhamed have spoken already.

There is nothing really to say about this situation...It is Biafra and no going back...Nigeria and Biafra stand to gain more from the split...

23 Likes

Re: Ango Abdullahi Is On His Own – Northern Elders Forum by Kyase(m): 7:59pm On Jun 09, 2017
Cooly100:

There is nothing really to say about this siutation...It is Biafra and no going back...Nigeri and Biafra stand to gain more from the split...
then leave the north quietly without begging na

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ango Abdullahi Is On His Own – Northern Elders Forum by Cooly100: 8:06pm On Jun 09, 2017
Kyase:
then leave the north quietly without begging na

Who is begging? We are hoping the northern military and fulani herdsmen occupying the region should also move...You know it is easy to revivie Biafra...The flag, currencies, national anthem...etc, are already available...We only need to formlize it by the interntional bodies supervising a referendum...

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ango Abdullahi Is On His Own – Northern Elders Forum by Kyase(m): 8:08pm On Jun 09, 2017
Cooly100:

Who is begging? We are hoping the northern military and fulani herdsmen occupying the region should also move...You know it is easy to revivie Biafra...The flag, currencies, national anthem...etc, are already available...We only need to formlize it by the interntional bodies supervising a referendum...
kikikikiki weldon

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ango Abdullahi Is On His Own – Northern Elders Forum by amuwo1980: 8:10pm On Jun 09, 2017
vayne:
Ultimatum or no ultimatum,our stance remains thesame!

Let the country divide peacefully after which everyone can relocate!

You can't ask anyone to relocate when the division process has not been concluded,conclude it and see if any Igbo remains anywhere outside igboland!

If the north wants a breakup,they have their members in the HOR through which to channel their idealogies!

1)Why is the SW so scared of condemning the approach of the north towards secession as it did to NK led agitation,under the guise of "following due peaceful process",what are they scared of?

2)why can't the SW tell the north to represent their case through their members in the house of reps like they always tell igbos?

3)why haven't they threatened the north with war like they did to Igbos?

What are they scared of?
they are deathly scared of the northerners even in one to one transaction. never seen such in my life

36 Likes

Re: Ango Abdullahi Is On His Own – Northern Elders Forum by Cooly100: 8:15pm On Jun 09, 2017
Kyase:
kikikikiki weldon

Thanks...We should have mutual respect for each other...People of eastern Nigeria can never fulfill their God given talents by being in Nigeria...especially the way it is strutured at the moment...Once Igbos introduce anything due to their creativity...The federal government will put a northerner their as the CEO, to kill the project...I give you an example with Nollywood...Go and check who is the DG of board of Films and Control...Igbos are just being suppressed in this country...Could you explain why the DG wanted ton nuild a 3 billion Film village in Kano and not Asaba or Enugu? Any easterner who supports One Nigeria does not think beyond food for his belly...

68 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ango Abdullahi Is On His Own – Northern Elders Forum by Kyase(m): 8:16pm On Jun 09, 2017
Built2last:

Who is this demented sperm product of a northern slave. Who invited you.
the type you whole generation passed and to come wont have

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ango Abdullahi Is On His Own – Northern Elders Forum by Kyase(m): 8:18pm On Jun 09, 2017
Cooly100:

Thanks...We should have mutual respect for each other...People of eastern Nigeria can never fulfill their God given talents by being in Nigeria...especially the way it is strutured at the moment...Once Igbos introduce anything due to their creativity...The federal government will put a northerner their as the CEO, to kill the project...I give you an example with Nollywood...Go and check who is the DG of board of Films and Control...Igbos are just being suppressed in this country...Could you explain why the DG wanted ton nuild a 3 billion Film village in Kano and not Asaba or Enugu? Any easterner who supports One Nigeria does not think beyond food for his belly...
but on a serious note, i dont have any issue with any tribe in nigeria, except the fulani herdmen

14 Likes

Re: Ango Abdullahi Is On His Own – Northern Elders Forum by akpamuomenka: 8:21pm On Jun 09, 2017
KINGinVAHALA:

This is why Hausa Fulani killed MKO and KUDIRAT. If your brother is arrested, you have constitutional right to support him irrespective of the crime he is accused of until the court decides his fate, this is what the Igbos are doing. Abiola was killed b'cos all of you kept mute while he was detained.

66 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ango Abdullahi Is On His Own – Northern Elders Forum by eagleeye2: 8:23pm On Jun 09, 2017
Evablizin:
Igbos should be at alert wether they are in support or not,those people are unpredictable
Gbagam!!!
Hear the truth. In my opinion, I will say, umunne lota Ala Igbo k' anyi mepe Obodo anyi.

20 Likes

Re: Ango Abdullahi Is On His Own – Northern Elders Forum by APCsupporter: 8:23pm On Jun 09, 2017
doublewisdom:
Seems the North respects the Ibos. They take them serious and would rather be allies with them.

those people don't represent the common man on the streets.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ango Abdullahi Is On His Own – Northern Elders Forum by Cooly100: 8:28pm On Jun 09, 2017
Kyase:
but on a serious note, i dont have any issue with any tribe in nigeria, except the fulani herdmens

Neither do Igbos...If Igbos hated any tribe they won't be investing in every region where they live...They would have behaved like the Yorubas who would never develop any where other than their region. But what do Igbos get in return? Exclusion, suppression, subjugation, quota system, marginalization, servititude in their own country...How long will a people be ready to take that? I prefer to have Biafra and suffer, than to be in Nigerian and be second class citizen. I have heard some easterners changing their names to Hausa names, in order to get a favour?

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ango Abdullahi Is On His Own – Northern Elders Forum by Kyase(m): 8:34pm On Jun 09, 2017
Cooly100:

Neither do Igbos...If Igbos hated any tribe they won't be investing in every region where they live...They would have behaved like the Yorubas who would never develop any where other than their region. But what do Igbos get in return? Exclusion, suppression, subjugation, quota system, marginalization, servititude in their own country...How long will a people be ready to take that? I prefer to have Biafra and suffer, than to be in Nigerian and be second class citizen. I have heard some easterners changing their names to Hausa names, in order to get a favour?
may the lord give biafra to you guys

49 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Gbenga Ayegbayo Is Dead / INEC Releases Final List Of Candidates For The 2023 Election (president, VP) / Caption This Photo Of Buhari And Ike Ekweremadu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.