Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,804 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality - Romance (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality (48048 Views)

There Is Nothing Like A Broke, Lazy Good Man / Pre-Wedding Photos Of A Huge Man And His Pretty, Endowed Fiancée / There's Nothing Like "Broke Girl",The Term "Broke" Only Applies To Guys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by Giel: 11:46pm On Jun 21, 2017
Mindfulness:

... and deformed va.ginas. grin

Honestly when I saw the Op's post I was just tired,
The op tire me lol,

2 Likes

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by Giel: 12:29am On Jun 22, 2017
Daboomb
"I think" I understand you a little better now, you disregard gender equality because you think that the people that want gender equality want it just because they want things handed to them just for the fact that they are female. That is not gender equality nor is it the purpose of gender equality.

I've been wondering why you've been hovering around this thread attacking almost everyone who believes in gender equality.

By the way, I hope you know that your definition of equity is the same as the definition of gender equality?

Definition of gender equality from Wikipedia
Gender equality, also known as sexual equality, is the state of equal access to resources and opportunities regardless of gender. It is achieved through gender neutrality and gender equity,

so what's the problem with gender equality? why trying so hard to rubbish it?

as for your comment to me on marriage, everyone's marriage is what they make it to be.

Try and reply me without insults and your "whining and sighing" speech.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 12:59am On Jun 22, 2017
Pidgin2:

You are an untrained specimen I'm very sure your advert will not work after this your rant lol

Yes I'm proudly a feminist haha I want to be treated as a human being, just like the male folks, if you got a problem with that you can drink sewage water for all I care

And who isn't treating you like a human being
Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 1:01am On Jun 22, 2017
Tayeni:
My guy....in a lot of places and situations...women are discriminated against in the African culture.... even the first world is not "unguilty"of this. This appears in different forms and degrees in different cultures....take for example Saudi Arabia where women until recently were not allowed to vote or drive a car.
Even America allowed suffrage just close to the middle of last century.....so its an ingoing process. You can liken it to the black American situation before The civil rights activism pushed back segregation to an extent.

These rights won't be given without activism and some form of resistance or some form of affirmative action(ministry of women's affairs like you mentioned)
Sanusi said something sometime ago to the effect that; a society that fails to harness the potential of its female population and restricts them to domestic capacity, will achieve half its potential because half of its population is redundant.
Personally I won't raise a daughter with the mindset the OP operates from. I will never give her the chance or treat her to think of herself as a lesser form of human. I will teach her to respect everybody and demand respect as well.
teach her not to be apologetic about being intelligent.
Teach her to pursue her dreams and aspirations no matter how non conforming to the patriarchal expectations of the society.

It's not feminism that achieved anything for women.
Feminism has a different aim. The definition is a cover up.
The man is the target in feminism
I

2 Likes

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 1:03am On Jun 22, 2017
Pidgin2:

God bless you, she will surely make you proud like Doctor Mrs Ngozi Iweala, Prof Dora Akunyili and many of the likes whose parents raised them for greatness

Those women ain't feminists, hope you know?
Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 1:44am On Jun 22, 2017
Estharfabian:
Exactly. gender Equity is Condescending to the female folks.

what Equity simply means:
Because the Female gene is handicapped by Sheer nature. females are Second fiddle to men, Sub-humans and So must be aided to reach Human Status.

Gender Equality: Give them equal Opportunities, let Nature decide their strengths.

Which opportunities do men have that women don't
Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 2:21am On Jun 22, 2017
Estharfabian:

You need to Stop dilly dallying around the truth. You very know what I meant.

A woman Cannot dream big Or aspire to great heights and achievements in a patriarchal society because a society such as that do not believe that those are roles befitting of a female. smiley

Excuses.
We have female role models in Nigeria.
Come up with another thing

1 Like

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by AyeeIdris(f): 4:26am On Jun 22, 2017
lexy2014:
neither of us was there 2no d rationale behind Alele-Williams' father sending her 2 school. I think u have done d man a disservice by insinuating that he didn't have d initiative as far his daughter's education was concerned. if a man was able 2 send his child 2 school in that era, that was a man who knew how 2b a man&father not a feminist. I worked in a bank sometime ago and I had d privilege of having several women as superior officers, operation managers &business managers. even d head of my unit was a woman.d bank always rewarded d value u brought irrespective of gender. d bank was even biased in favour of women when it came 2 transfers. during my time there, female staff are never transfered away from their husbands but married men could b transfered anywhere. if a female staff gets married and her husband is in another city or state, she will b transferred 2 where her husband is. But married men in d bank don't enjoy that luxury. At best they move their families to were they are or they shuttle between their station and d location of their families.isn't that gender inequality?like I said b4 when u prove urself u can never b ignored. D world recognises value and reward not minding gender. u have proved urself in a male dominated environment, in a conservative country as a black woman....what else are u looking 4? U are right I don't understand feminism because its neither here nor there

Doing him a disservice?? hmmm... let me give an analogy. Killing of twins. It was seen as bad luck. The generation who followed the custom didn't think it as wrong because thats all they knew until they were taught differently. Now today's generation are already oriented to know that killing of twins is wrong. Likewise the girl child. Our forefather generation grew up seeing the girl child being trained to be wives and mothers; go to the farm, stream and market. They were not part of the elders. They did not hunt or climb trees or were forbidden from certain festivals. (this is not a blanket statement because i know we have had few woemn leaders in our history).That is what they grew up knowing. imagine a situation where the women who fought for women liberation and segregation in the early 1900s did nothing, there is a huge possibility that the father would be grooming her to be a good and submissive wife. It does not make him a bad person. He does not see it as wrong.
In terms of the African home front, you have to agree that the circumstances is increasingly unfair to the Nigerian woman. Times are hard and both parties need to bring something to the table now. A woman is now expected to contribute to the household, rum the he and train the kids and the man expects the status quo of wife to remain and still look presentable so that he does not "cheat". Women are human too. We are not infallible. Too much is expected from.the Nigerian woman, that's why more and more women are getting radical. We have seen our mothers live lives of servitude and perseverance. We don't want that . we demand a life of balance, of support , of appreciation. That's what modern day feminist want.

No doubt feminism is grossly misunderstood . Some people think it is about being free to do whatever we like; wear whatever we like and be the chair boss at home. No. We are not looking to usurp the position of the man. We just need men to embrace some subtle changes, just like the people in the 'twins are evil' days and those in the ' women should be barefoot and pregnant" days.
Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by Nobody: 5:28am On Jun 22, 2017
cococandy:

How are you dear?

I am very fine. I enjoy the summer to the fullest. Don't we appreciate this season more after a long, cold, dark winter? I am looking forward to the next holiday. How are you doing babes?

1 Like

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by cococandy(f): 5:41am On Jun 22, 2017
Mindfulness:

I am very fine. I enjoy the summer to the fullest. Don't we appreciate this season more after a long, cold, dark winter? I am looking forward to the next holiday. How are you doing babes?
Doing perfect.
Enjoying Hawaii and have two months off from school. Couldn't be happier smiley

1 Like

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by lexy2014: 5:46am On Jun 22, 2017
AyeeIdris:

Doing him a disservice?? hmmm... let me give an analogy. Killing of twins. It was seen as bad luck. The generation who followed the custom didn't think it as wrong because thats all they knew until they were taught differently. Now today's generation are already oriented to know that killing of twins is wrong. Likewise the girl child. Our forefather generation grew up seeing the girl child being trained to be wives and mothers; go to the farm, stream and market. They were not part of the elders. They did not hunt or climb trees or were forbidden from certain festivals. (this is not a blanket statement because i know we have had few woemn leaders in our history).That is what they grew up knowing. imagine a situation where the women who fought for women liberation and segregation in the early 1900s did nothing, there is a huge possibility that the father would be grooming her to be a good and submissive wife. It does not make him a bad person. He does not see it as wrong.
In terms of the African home front, you have to agree that the circumstances is increasingly unfair to the Nigerian woman. Times are hard and both parties need to bring something to the table now. A woman is now expected to contribute to the household, rum the he and train the kids and the man expects the status quo of wife to remain and still look presentable so that he does not "cheat". Women are human too. We are not infallible. Too much is expected from.the Nigerian woman, that's why more and more women are getting radical. We have seen our mothers live lives of servitude and perseverance. We don't want that . we demand a life of balance, of support , of appreciation. That's what modern day feminist want.

No doubt feminism is grossly misunderstood . Some people think it is about being free to do whatever we like; wear whatever we like and be the chair boss at home. No. We are not looking to usurp the position of the man. We just need men to embrace some subtle changes, just like the people in the 'twins are evil' days and those in the ' women should be barefoot and pregnant" days.
of course u did d man a disservice. d man sent his child 2 school in an era when it was a rarity yet u still think d man was a clueless man who lacked d initiative about his daughters education. like I said neither of us were there but d evidence speaks 4 itself, d man sent his daughter 2 school. period. this is someone's father we are talking about who both of us never knew. just cos u are advocating 4 what u think is right doesn't mean u should say derogatory things about him.show some respect. if he trained his daughter 2b a good&submissive wife, when has that become a bad thing? if her father taught her otherwise how do think she would successfully manage her home as a wife, mother&VC in 1985? or do u think being a professor and VC is d same thing as owning a provision store? its not everything a man can do that a woman can do& vice versa and there shouldn't b a debate about that.if u want women 2 climb trees&hunt feel free. u work in d construction industry. u can try out a few of d real jobs in d field &c how it goes. I doubt if u are married and u talking about how other people should run their homes.when u get married then u will no that campaign is different from governance. U said "We have seen our mothers live lives of servitude and perseverance"... I don't no what u mean by this but I didn't c this in my immediate and extended families. Feminist advocate "women should b allowed 2 work"....at d same time u are saying "A woman is now expected to contribute to the household run d home&train d kids..." this y I say feminism is neither here nor there. Let me inform u, many men even those who aren't well to do, would rather their wives stay @ home 2 take care of d home. but its women who insist on combining home making with working. no one expects women 2 contribute financially. its women who feel they should, some 4 fulfilment and some 4 security just in case something happens 2d man.its all about understanding and what d couple decide is best 4 their home. so most of these things u are saying about men&women are very inaccurate and I suspect they are things u read cos that's not what is on ground. I c this "we demand a life of balance, of support , of appreciation...." and I wonder if u were not appreciated, would b working were u are working right now? u using d word "we" and I don't no how u could generalise. In ur own life, who isn't supporting u or appreciating u?speak 4 urself cos from my mum, 2 my aunties, 2 my sisters, 2 several women I have known, what u saying isn't just d reality. d problem with u guys and this ur feminism thing is that u ignore d little things& u start having grandiose dreams&demands 4 things that are already around u& that are there 4d taking.

Are Nigerian homes&marriages perfect:NO. there are roles and each gender complements d other and despite all the hardship, Nigerian couples are doing a great job supporting each other

3 Likes

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by Nobody: 7:10am On Jun 22, 2017
iamrealdeji:
a wayward lady that has developed saggy boobs and wide vagina spotted. why are you so pained? she's a lady like you and she can't say what she doesn't know and she can't knock herself or her sex down. she's a matured lady and knows the toll sex tells on a female's body. so I would advise you to reduce the rate at which you have sex,the best for you is to stop having sex till you get married before your boobs turn to fried egg and before your vagina turn to tunnel. pls have mercy on your future husband cos if he cheats on you,its not his fault
amor see finishing. Chai

1 Like

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by shaybebaby(f): 7:23am On Jun 22, 2017
Mindfulness:

Not depressing, annoying. Stu.pidity is annoying.
Annoying when it comes from the other gender but overwhelmingly depressing when someone who is affected by the injustices our gender faces, justifies it.
Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by NairalandCS(m): 7:35am On Jun 22, 2017
So there is still fire burning in this thread ?

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by NairalandCS(m): 7:36am On Jun 22, 2017
Btw, Dabomb You're the bomb!

2 Likes

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by Daboomb: 8:25am On Jun 22, 2017
Mindfulness:

Typical kind of nonsense I expected.

Sure, to a mad person, everyone else is mad! undecided undecided
You are too daft to understand anything, even if it was 'piped' into your empty head!
grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by Daboomb: 8:27am On Jun 22, 2017
Mindfulness:

It is good it is pushed to front page. It gives us the opportunity to educate them.

Two dunce, failures and "progress-by-boobs" agitators!
Keep 'stroking yourselves' there, the world has moved on.
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by Daboomb: 8:32am On Jun 22, 2017
Miggs:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!
There is only one person ONLY ONE PERSON that can be this articulate and thorough with his post
THE GOD OF INTELLECT
Welcome back Sir
Why did you abandon your ever loyal fans for so long?

I welcome you too Sir.
The feeling is mutual! undecided
The Mods were playing games with my handle,
You know the score now. .....when they cant handle it, they ban it. grin grin

NB: Only God is the God of intellect.
No Man should ever even attempt to play God but l understand your genuine sentiments.

Thanks for all the compliment.

1 Like

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by Kay17: 8:48am On Jun 22, 2017
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Don't men andoctor women have the same right to vote and work before?

Yes they do. Meaning gender equality is good!
Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by Daboomb: 10:10am On Jun 22, 2017
Giel:
Daboomb
"I think" I understand you a little better now, you disregard gender equality because you think that the people that want gender equality want it just because they want things handed to them just for the fact that they are female. That is not gender equality nor is it the purpose of gender equality.

I've been wondering why you've been hovering around this thread attacking almost everyone who believes in gender equality.

By the way, I hope you know that your definition of equity is the same as the definition of gender equality?

Definition of gender equality from Wikipedia
Gender equality, also known as sexual equality, is the state of equal access to resources and opportunities regardless of gender. It is achieved through gender neutrality and gender equity,

so what's the problem with gender equality? why trying so hard to rubbish it?

as for you comment to me on marriage, everyone's marriage is what they make it to be.

Try and reply me without insults and your "whining and sighing" speech.

First things, first!
That your advice should be reserved for your fellow feminist....if you whine, l will reply you with exactly that, so let us clear the air on that and get it behind us, from day one.

Again, l bet you think you are responding to Lilliputs like yourself therefore, you coat insult and condescending language (as ll have highlighted in your post) and fling them towards me! Dead On Arrival, you hear!

Dont you ever in your effing life use such words with me.
I have a right to be on this thread, just like you and other wannabes abusing my post.
I am not even trying to do anything, all these post are done in my moment of boredom and l just take them in my stride....like eating PopCorn. :-If l "try hard" on you, your menses will come three times within one Month! grin grin
But l wont because l think you are "female". undecided undecided

Now, to the few lines of sense on your post, specifically the definition you uploaded from Wikki. I will answer them in a separate post, below.

2 Likes

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by Daboomb: 10:10am On Jun 22, 2017
Giel: the state of equal access to resources and opportunities regardless of gender

The above is the correct and succinct definition of FAIRNESS and JUSTICE for all (irrespective of Gender).... and l support it 100%.

So, let me start listing a few instances where such "equal access to opportunities" are ALREADY IN PLACE for everyone, proving that this Gender Equality Movement is a SCAM!

- Driving:Anyone, Male or Female can get a driving license, can buy any vehicle and can drive it, in Nigeria. True of False?

- Ownership of property: Anyone, male or female is allowed to own property, under Nigerian laws. True of False?

- Engaging in Work, for a living: Ditto, true of False

- Free choice of Job: Every human, male or female, has the inalienable right to say this is the work l want to do. True of False

- Right to Education: Every child or adult, male or female, has the right to go to school (free education never discriminated against any gender) True or False?

- Right to Inheritance: Under Nigerian Law, every Child irrespective of Gender, has the right to inherit their parents, when they die, based ofc, on the Wishes of the dead parent. True of False?

- Right to own bank Account: Every adult (and even kids), irrespective of Gender, has the right to own a bank account and own money therein - True of False?
- Universal Adult suffrage: Every Nigerian Adult, irrespective of Gender, has the right to vote, to contest elections and be voted for. True or false?
- Divorce: Every adult in Nigeria, IRRESPECTIVE OF GENDER, has the right to chose their partner, marry them (within laws) and seek a divorce, if they are not happy with their spouse. True of False?

I can go on forever but if you have more, you can add to it.
But please do answer True of False, to my posers.

Now, l am wondering what else, the female Gender still requires, that it still needs a "separate law" to empower them to do, that they cant already do now, under existing laws.

The truth is that "feminists/Feminazzi/Women Equality advocates/etc" have a different Definition and agenda, when it comes to what they "coyishly" call GENDER EQUALITY. It has nadda to do with gender Equality because as of today, both Gender have EQUAL ACCESS to ALL OPPORTUNITIES, as long as they are WILLING, CAPABLE and READY for such opportunity.

This is where the difference lie.
Some Women are desirous of all opportunity (like some men too) but are either mentally incapable, physically incapable, UNWILLING to pay the price nor make the Sacrifice or are just NOT READY to take it Up.

It is such calibre of Women, who now think that WHAT these (Men and Women) have achieved, through dint of hard-work, display plus harness of intelligence and determination, MUST BE HANDED OVER to them, through the use of "SET QUOTAS", under the guise of GENDER EQUALITY.

Mind you, they would never admit that, this is what they are gunning for
, Even the Devil will not admit he is Satan the Devil (Have you ever wondered why the "male gender" is used for the Devil? grin grin ...but Men have no time to complain anyway undecided)

If GENDER EQUALITY was just as straight forward as saying "We want everyone, male and Female, to have EQUAL ACCESS to EVERY OPPORTUNITY..... No sane person will be against that.

So many things have been "surreptitiously lumped inside" this Gender Equality agenda, since day one.
Homosexuality was the last one l recall.

Just read what your "fans" have written over the past few pages of this thread.

Some want a situation where when they go into a marriage (knowing what the "rules of association are", before going into it) and then use such marriage as a "hook" on the throat of their husband. I have always said it is not by force to be married (man or woman), no one can force you to marry. if they sigh and eye, you just ignore them.
But when you marry, you must be ready to conform to the norms of such marriage...and even if you decide against it mid-way, just LEAVE and go your way.
But we we are seeing are women who want to ruin the man and take all he laboured, using marriage as a tool. This to them is GENDER EQUALITY!
The right to emasculate men and reduce them to whimpering animals.

But this, you wont here them state openly.

I have read the "Equal gender Bill" rejected by the National Assembly and such are the manipulations contained there-in.

I wont go into too much details herein because l think all we need to say, have been said about this issue and everyone just needs to be on the alert!
For the few men who are smart enough to read in-between the lines, we know that we have made ourselves the Mortal enemy of the lazy, reap-where- you-did-not-sow women. grin grin grin Nothing spoil, we dey Kampe! undecided

We also know that the very few Women, whose hardwork, pace-setting intelligence, persistence, versatility and confidence have taken them to the very top, detest these band of women who think just because they are Females, they deserve to be treated to an undeserved Quota system that elevates them beyond their level. Those are the kind of women we celebrate.

Let those who think just because they have a Bosom and some hairs between their legs, keep shouting "Gender Quota System", if they think that is enough to make them collect the same salary with a man who has proved himself worthy of what he earns, in the eyes of even his female employer, then O.Y.O

If there is any way, the Female gender has been denied 'Equal Access" to an Opportunity that a Male/Man has as a result of the Man working hard for it, showing intelligence and perseverance, then state it and l will be the first person to champion it for the female gender.

Dont just point to the opportunity a man has, DWELL ON HOW HE GOT IT OR GOT THERE and REPLICATE whatever he had to do, to get it. undecided undecided

Then it is yours as well.

OPPORTUNITY, IS FOR THE PREPARED. BE PREPARED
WOMEN SHOULD BE PREPARED, so to say
. undecided undecided

Nuff said.

2 Likes

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by AyeeIdris(f): 10:12am On Jun 22, 2017
lexy2014:
of course u did d man a disservice. d man sent his child 2 school in an era when it was a rarity yet u still think d man was a clueless man who lacked d initiative about his daughters education. like I said neither of us were there but d evidence speaks 4 itself, d man sent his daughter 2 school. period. this is someone's father we are talking about who both of us never knew. just cos u are advocating 4 what u think is right doesn't mean u should say derogatory things about him.show some respect. if he trained his daughter 2b a good&submissive wife, when has that become a bad thing? if her father taught her otherwise how do think she would successfully manage her home as a wife, mother&VC in 1985? or do u think being a professor and VC is d same thing as owning a provision store? its not everything a man can do that a woman can do& vice versa and there shouldn't b a debate about that.if u want women 2 climb trees&hunt feel free. u work in d construction industry. u can try out a few of d real jobs in d field &c how it goes. I doubt if u are married and u talking about how other people should run their homes.when u get married then u will no that campaign is different from governance. U said "We have seen our mothers live lives of servitude and perseverance"... I don't no what u mean by this but I didn't c this in my immediate and extended families. Feminist advocate "women should b allowed 2 work"....at d same time u are saying "A woman is now expected to contribute to the household run d home&train d kids..." this y I say feminism is neither here nor there. Let me inform u, many men even those who aren't well to do, would rather their wives stay @ home 2 take care of d home. but its women who insist on combining home making with working. no one expects women 2 contribute financially. its women who feel they should, some 4 fulfilment and some 4 security just in case something happens 2d man.its all about understanding and what d couple decide is best 4 their home. so most of these things u are saying about men&women are very inaccurate and I suspect they are things u read cos that's not what is on ground. I c this "we demand a life of balance, of support , of appreciation...." and I wonder if u were not appreciated, would b working were u are working right now? u using d word "we" and I don't no how u could generalise. In ur own life, who isn't supporting u or appreciating u?speak 4 urself cos from my mum, 2 my aunties, 2 my sisters, 2 several women I have known, what u saying isn't just d reality. d problem with u guys and this ur feminism thing is that u ignore d little things& u start having grandiose dreams&demands 4 things that are already around u& that are there 4d taking.

Are Nigerian homes&marriages perfect:NO. there are roles and each gender complements d other and despite all the hardship, Nigerian couples are doing a great job supporting each other

Training of the girl child was a norm in the 70s and 80s. Then it was acceptable. Women went to school in the 80s. My mother is a trained lawyer and she was born 1960. My grandmothers didn't get to school. It was not a rarity to train women in the 80s. Nothing wrong with beingvtrained to be a good and submissive wife as long that is not all a woman is being bred for. See. you assume that because I am a woman, I cannot do "real" work like bring an on site labourer or handle a forklift. Already you have put me in a box of incompetence without knowing my physical capabilities but because I am a woman, I can't do "real" jobs. You see zee problem
You see how you assume my marital status? you keep affirming my position. So because I am a feminist, you doubt that I am married. you see life. And that ends this conversation.
Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by Daboomb: 10:15am On Jun 22, 2017
InyinyaAgbaOku:

It's not feminism that achieved anything for women.
Feminism has a different aim. The definition is a cover up.
The man is the target in feminism

I

Your Head dey there Bro! undecided

2 Likes

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 10:28am On Jun 22, 2017
AyeeIdris:

But for this feminism that so repulses you; you won't have gotten this education u speak of. In the western world, you have been sent off to finishing school. in Africa, you would have been married off at 12. Internet is a good source of information. You should try it

Feminism didn't give any woman education.

Civil rights did.
Thanks

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by Daboomb: 10:51am On Jun 22, 2017
Estharfabian:
Exactly. gender Equity is Condescending to the female folks.

what Equity simply means:
Because the Female gene is handicapped by Sheer nature. females are Second fiddle to men, Sub-humans and So must be aided to reach Human Status.

Gender Equality: Give them equal Opportunities, let Nature decide their strengths.

You are a dunce, seriously!
You are just so mixed-up you are talking rubbish. Why dont you use a Dictionary first, before defining nonsense?

The above is an example of what we are talking about!

What manner of a FEMALE, says "Women are handicapped by nature"?
Is that not a defeatist mentality in itself?

Any woman that sees herself as "naturally handicap" by nature, will never achieve anything meaningful in life because on each occasion when her mates are working hard, facing challenges and surmounting them, all she sees and thinks in her brain is that "she is naturally handicapped and therefor cannot measure-up".
This is called the "Blame mentality
" - You blame others for your failures and point fingers, instead of accepting responsibility lik emen do, buckle up and move-up the ladder.

A woman like the above are the types that are waiting for the Job to be dropped on their lap, for them to be promoted in an office because they have Boobs and some hairs between the leg, to have the same salary and position as that hard-working male..... because hey,., they can blame every failure and inadequacy of theirs on NATURE! grin grin

- Can a man carry pregnancy for 9months?
- Can he even eat food and remain constipated for just 9days?
- Do Men breastfeed babies?
Are these not one "immeasurable advantages" of women over men, one which they use to the fullest in terms of relationship with their children?

Or have we not heard women tell their children and even threaten them about "if not in this my stomach you were conceived or if not this my Bosom you suckle for x.y.z years"? ...just to soften the child and make him/her bend to their wishes?

Please all women in the house, whether you are for or against "Quota System" in form of Gender Equalization.... tell this woman to wake up and smell the coffee!
Tell her to stop calling you HANDICAPED BY NATURE!
Why would an employer want to chose a "handicap by nature", to head a very important aspect of their business?

Men too can claim that their "3rd leg" is a "handicap of nature" if they want to be mentally lazy! (it hardens when they least expect it and causes wahala grin ).
But hey, intelligent and smart people dont focus on their weakness, they maximise their strengths and develop their weakness!

"A very Bad Farmer is know to blame his Hoe and Cutlass". undecided undecided

Honestly, this discourse is getting putrid and debasing, it s about time we allow the "handicapped" folks to console themselves.
The intelligent and successful women are having a ball while the handicaps are plotting on how they can get their "Quota System"! grin grin

Lord have mercy! grin grin

For the avoidance of doubt, below is the Dictionary definition of Equity

EQUITY

Dictionary Definition: equity
ˈɛkwɪti/Submit
noun
the quality of being fair and impartial.
"equity of treatment"
synonyms: fairness, fair-mindedness, justness, j[b]ustice[/b], equitableness, fair play; More

Equity: Fairness and impartiality towards all concerned, based on the principles of evenhanded dealing. Equity implies giving as much advantage, ...
www.businessdictionary.com/definition/equity.html

1 Like

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 10:59am On Jun 22, 2017
Kay17:

Yes they do. Meaning gender equality is good!

If men and women have the same opportunity to work, why the noise on gender equality?
It's obsolete as Darwin's theory then

2 Likes

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 11:05am On Jun 22, 2017
AyeeIdris:

You don't get it. But for the struggle of feminism many years ago, Grace Alele Williams' father would not have bothered sending her to school because there was the mentality that girls did not need to be educated. And Grace was all about women empowerment. You should read some of her articles. don't understand why people deliberately misunderstand feminism. You think women want things handed to us. Less than 100 years ago, we could not vote; we could not hold top positions because our "delicate" brains could not handle it. We were better off barefoot and pregnant. I am a senior contract manager in one of the top construction firms in Qatar and the only black female in the entire building of over 300 staff members. I know I will not be here today if those women didn't fight and die for the right to be more than house wives. Every body should be a feminist especially men who would only be fathers to daughters.

You don't have to be a feminist to work on female empowerment.

Flora Nwapa and Buchi Emecheta were into women's rights but they said they loathe feminism.
Buchi even said she hates that word, feminist.

Do you see the difference?

1 Like

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by Daboomb: 11:19am On Jun 22, 2017
In conclusion, there are TWO TYPES of FEMALES that are crying and baying for these "GENDER EQUALITY" Quota System:

1.) The lazy and uninspired ones: These ones occupy important positions with commensurate pay, in various fields. They have achieved this much by flaunting and selling their bodies, in exchange for promotions and pay-rise.
They believe that once they can "shake Boobs", it should translate to a "Pay-Rise" or once they can open their legs, then that open position should be reserved for them.

2.) The Fugly-Ugly and Unintelligent ones: These ones are just too Ugly to lay claim to having a body to sell.
They are also very unintelligent and neither have the perseverance nor resilience for leadership roles but they still think they are entitled to the same "Pay and Position", as those Men and Women who are sound Upstairs and Downstairs.
So, they have no future, except if "Gender Quota" comes to their rescue! undecided grin
We have seen no less than four of them on this thread today alone! grin

In summary, all that Gender Equality says is that a HALF or 50% of all Positions should be RESERVED for the FEMALE GENDER.
- All she has to do is "show-up" and half of Senate seats should be theirs
- Half of Directorship in Govt and private Organisations should be reserved for her, once she can prove that she has Boobs and can form a V-shaped leg!
- Half of Governorship positions should be reserved for the Female.
- Half of University admissions into Engineering, Medicine, Aeronautics, e.t.c MUST be RESERVED for the FEMALE

This is why l say GENDER EQUALITY PROMOTION is nothing but a deceptively coined "Quota System"!..... meant for the "unintelligent, lazy and probably hopelessly handicapped" Female grin grin grin

A blessed day to everybody.

2 Likes

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by Iamdmentor1(m): 11:41am On Jun 22, 2017
Lol
Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 11:52am On Jun 22, 2017
Daboomb:

That is the point.
If you are BETTER, .....you are BETTER and you will be Superior and better paid than those who are inferior to you, irrespective of your gender.

You wont hear Dora Akinyuli shouting about gender equality because such women know that "It adds nothing to their Value", rather it equates them with Women who are intellectually deficient, lazy and average, if not outrightly inferior to other humans.

No successful woman wants to be associated with these "Female Quota System" called Gender Equality!

Why does Chimamanda even talk on feminism?
Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 12:01pm On Jun 22, 2017
Miggs:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!
There is only one person ONLY ONE PERSON that can be this articulate and thorough with his post
THE GOD OF INTELLECT
Welcome back Sir
Why did you abandon your ever loyal fans for so long?

Dude finished work with his posts.
Sent these feminists to abyss

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by lexy2014: 12:31pm On Jun 22, 2017
AyeeIdris:

Training of the girl child was a norm in the 70s and 80s. Then it was acceptable. Women went to school in the 80s. My mother is a trained lawyer and she was born 1960. My grandmothers didn't get to school. It was not a rarity to train women in the 80s. Nothing wrong with beingvtrained to be a good and submissive wife as long that is not all a woman is being bred for. See. you assume that because I am a woman, I cannot do "real" work like bring an on site labourer or handle a forklift. Already you have put me in a box of incompetence without knowing my physical capabilities but because I am a woman, I can't do "real" jobs. You see zee problem
You see how you assume my marital status? you keep affirming my position. So because I am a feminist, you doubt that I am married. you see life. And that ends this conversation.
Alele-Williams is more than 80years old.if in ur opinion she went 2 school in d 80s, then when did she qualify 2b a professor and later a VC in 1985? every human being is in a box irrespective of gender.can a man get pregnant? like I said if u want 2 prove that u can do what a man can do who is preventing u? u are d only one standing between u and any ptofession u want to pursue. I no a very successful female mechanic who didn't sit down whining and complaining about gender inequality. she went 2 learn and she is d better 4 it.mind u she was tutored by d same men u say put women in a box. would u as a woman no matter d rate of unemployment go and join men in offloading bags of dangote cement? how many would u b able 2 carry? how many head pans of concrete can u carry from 7am to 6pm for 2500naira a day?madam pls stop deceiving urself. if u are married, then u should settle ur gender inequality issues with ur husband. a married woman wouldn't b here saying she isnt appreciated or supported. that clearly shows u aren't resolving ur issues with ur husband

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply)

Man Who Dumped His Ex To Marry Another, Begs Her, But See Her Reply (Pics) / Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? / Infidelity: Two Kenyan Men Agree To Exchange Their Wives As Settlement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.