Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,944 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? (48034 Views)

Ladies, Would You Cook And Do House Chores For Your Bf/fiancé Before Marriage?? / If You're A Lady, Do You Like Being Called "Baby"? / Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Fiance? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by favynikky(f): 6:35pm On Feb 19, 2013
I have a friend that does it and it is quite disturbing.

What are your thoughts on this?
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Caracta(f): 7:17pm On Feb 19, 2013
Personally, i don't like playing a different role. I'm not a wife yet, but i can help out once in a while. However, i am not a great fan of cohabitation. I can't live with a man i'm not married to.

14 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by greedie1(f): 7:36pm On Feb 19, 2013
ITS NOT RIGHT!!!!... if you do all dat for him without a token, he may become reluctant to take you to mamma.

now you can help out once in a while but the handshake shouldn't pass d elbow biko.

4 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by karie1(f): 7:37pm On Feb 19, 2013
^
i agree with you. ''helping'' once a while doesnt kill, probably a free weekend.
cohabitating doesnt interest me a little too.
playing a housewifey role to me will kinda make you loss your worth.... wash all cloths, sweep, wash bathrum, cook, no rest for 7days no o,haba, you be house girl

2 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by luvmijeje(f): 7:41pm On Feb 19, 2013
Op it is wrong.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Idowuogbo(f): 7:46pm On Feb 19, 2013
kar'ie:
^
i agree with you. ''helping'' once a while doesnt kill, probably a free weekend.
cohabitating doesnt interest me a little too.
playing a housewifey role to me will kinda make you loss your worth.... wash all cloths, sweep, wash bathrum, cook, no rest for 7days no o,haba, you be house girl
In 2013, y'all still get dis kian mentality? Wots d biggie about sweeping, washing and cooking? I mean for Godsake, dose are d qualities a guy who wants to settle down would probably be on d look out for. All dis shakara dey ruin cv o! U were warned o! Hian! Smh.

79 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Idowuogbo(f): 7:46pm On Feb 19, 2013
luvmijeje: Op it is wrong.
Y?
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by True2myself24(f): 7:50pm On Feb 19, 2013
I wouldnt do it. There's nothing wrong with helping out on the weekends with cooking, but the rest really? Playing wife is not the same as being a wife. Why buy the cow if the milk is free.

3 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Idowuogbo(f): 7:52pm On Feb 19, 2013
gree-die:
ITS NOT RIGHT!!!!... if you do all dat for him without a token, he may become reluctant to take you to mamma.

now you can help out once in a while but the handshake shouldn't pass d elbow biko.
I disagree!

It's up to u to differentiate a freeloader from d real deal.

3 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Caracta(f): 7:53pm On Feb 19, 2013
Idowuogbo:
In 2013, y'all still get dis kian mentality? Wots d biggie about sweeping, washing and cooking? I mean for Godsake, dose are d qualities a guy who wants to settle down would probably be on d look out for. All dis shakara dey ruin cv o! U were warned o! Hian! Smh.
To each his own. I do not need to impress him. If he wants to be sure about my wifey qualities, let him come to my house and see things for himself. A wife is a wife. A girlfriend is a girlfriend. I can help out but i'm not under obligation to. As love leads and guides...to that i submit.

15 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Idowuogbo(f): 7:53pm On Feb 19, 2013
favynikky: I hv 1 of ma friend dat dose it and is quite disturbing.pls guyz I need ur comment on dis.
Kini big deal? undecided

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Idowuogbo(f): 7:55pm On Feb 19, 2013
Caracta:
To each his own. I do not need to impress him. If he wants to be sure about my wifey qualities, let him come to my house and see things for himself. A wife is a wife. A girlfriend is a girlfriend. I can help out but i'm not under obligation to. As love leads and guides...to that i submit.
Helping out dont mean u obliged into doing it all d time nau.... Hian! Wots ur definition of girlfriend?

2 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Nobody: 7:57pm On Feb 19, 2013
Na only Idowuogbo dey make sense for here.

If you visit your guy and chill, you dey tell me say you no go at all at all enter kitchen one daay cook for una 2?
All these tolo-tolo girls today sef. Dem too dey fall hand undecided

Somebody there was talking about "token". All the toasting, and things he does out of love for you at his own expense, don't you think he can decide to "not play role of husband before marriage" too? When he fails to do that, of course we will then see aanother thread on nairaland about how your guy no dey show you love again. undecided

18 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by karie1(f): 7:59pm On Feb 19, 2013
Idowuogbo:
In 2013, y'all still get dis kian mentality? Wots d biggie about
sweeping, washing and cooking? I mean for Godsake, dose are d qualities a
guy who wants to settle down would probably be on d look out for. All
dis shakara dey ruin cv o! U were warned o! Hian! Smh.
ewww, 7days in a week, u wan de wash, clean house, cook food, washbathroom and wash dirty plate just sign in as house girl nau make we know say na house gal.
in 2013 you wan de do house girl for b/f SMH

5 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Caracta(f): 8:00pm On Feb 19, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Helping out dont mean u obliged to doing all d time nau.... Hian! Wots ur definition of girlfriend?
I said i can help out once in a while. I can't leave my house, go live with him and do his cooking, laundry, cleaning, etc. all day of the week, 24 hours in a day. He comes back from work and ask for more 'chores' at night. Ontop wetin? Am i his wife? No ring? No bride price? What remains when we get married? Nothing new. And what if the relationship hit the rocks?
Haba! Kilode? I guess i'll have to resign from work too. To be a full girlfriend or unmarried housewife.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Idowuogbo(f): 8:00pm On Feb 19, 2013
True2myself24: I wouldnt do it. There's nothing wrong with helping out on the weekends with cooking, but the rest really? Playing wife is not the same as being a wife. Why buy the cow if the milk is free.
My dear, nothing is free... Go figure.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Feb 19, 2013
kar'ie:

ewww, 7days in a week, u wan de wash, clean house, cook food, washbathroom and wash dirty plate just sign in as house girl nau make we know say na house gal.

Aand here we go.

Just because you don't want to say you are too lazy to do something you have just decided to attach to the worst possible scenario to give a reason to your laziness and lack of care for the guy you claim to love.

Who said anything about 7 days a week?
You just added that one to the argument to give yourself a stand on your predisposed platform of laziness.

9 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by karie1(f): 8:02pm On Feb 19, 2013
2buff: Na only Idowuogbo dey make sense for here.

If you visit your guy and chill, you dey tell me say you no go at all at
all enter kitchen one daay cook for una 2?
All these tolo-tolo girls today sef. Dem too dey fall hand undecided

Somebody there was talking about "token". All the toasting, and things
he does out of love for you at his own expense, don't you think he can
decide to "not play role of husband before marriage" too? When he fails
to do that, of course we will then see aanother thread on nairaland
about how your guy no dey show you love again. undecided
u funny sha.
as you like tolo tolo girls, go village go find you wife o.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Idowuogbo(f): 8:04pm On Feb 19, 2013
kar'ie:

Oh shut it! Please quote where the op said anything about 7days a week.U lazy tw@t!

7 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Feb 19, 2013
kar'ie:

u funny sha.
as you like tolo tolo girls, go village go find you wife o.

So please tell me how you would show love to a man you claim to be in love with.
If I ask you now how should a man show love to a girl he claims to be in love with, 90% of the things you will mention are things, by your logic, "a person should only do when married", ...including defending her from a physical attacker and potentially getting stabbed or maimed in the process undecided (we're not even talking about sex here), and yet here you all are argueing over how many plate to wash or not wash for who you aare deceiving yourself about saying you love.

It is this sort of selfish thinking that destroys relationships. Always happy to take yet when it's time to give. lipsrsealed
...and then you people would start wondering why you are pushing 40 and unmarried. Mtcheeww.

10 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by karie1(f): 8:07pm On Feb 19, 2013
2buff:

Aand here we go.

Just because you don't want to say you are too lazy to do something you
have just decided to attach to the worst possible scenario to give a
reason to your laziness and lack of care for the guy you claim to love.

Who said anything about 7 days a week?
You just added that one to the argument to give yourself a stand on your
predisposed platform of laziness.
read ma first post before you say more
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Idowuogbo(f): 8:09pm On Feb 19, 2013
Caracta:
I said i can help out once in a while. I can't leave my house, go live with him and do his cooking, laundry, cleaning, etc. all day of the week, 24 hours in a day. He comes back from work and ask for more 'chores' at night. Ontop wetin? Am i his wife? No ring? No bride price? What remains when we get married? Nothing new. And what if the relationship hit the rocks?
Haba! Kilode? I guess i'll have to resign from work too. To be a full girlfriend or unmarried housewife.
In terms of cohabiting, we share d same beliefs. But! D op's definition of wifely duties, is d same thing any loving galfriend shud do for her better half.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by karie1(f): 8:11pm On Feb 19, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Oh shut it! Please quote where the op said anything about 7days a week.U lazy tw@t!
if u know how to assimilate, you wont have posted this. go back and read my first post, understand it before you talk. hopefully you will understand this time dear

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by luvmijeje(f): 8:12pm On Feb 19, 2013
@Idowuogbo,wetin u deh talk now,guy weh never pay ur bride price I will now be doing wifely duties.Then why the need for marriage.
As other said,there should be a limit to what u will do for a bf.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Feb 19, 2013
Idowuogbo:
In terms of cohabiting, we share d same beliefs. But! D op's definition of wifely duties, is same thing any loving galfriend shud do for her better half.

Omo dis girls just dey find one way after another to avoid investing in relationships.
And then they try to make it seem right by "institutionalizing" it. If na bible you wan quote, where does it say a girl should not help aa man she loves do things?
Aall the Mary magdalenes and all, na dem dey wash Jesus cloth naw abi you no know?

It all goes back to the laziness of our 21st century girls biko. Take take take take and haardly give anything back, thinking that that is a working relationship.

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Caracta(f): 8:13pm On Feb 19, 2013
Idowuogbo:
In terms of cohabiting, we share d same beliefs. But! D op's definition of wifely duties, is same thing any loving galfriend shud do for her better half.
Of course...i help out a lot. I can't go to his house and sit around not doing anything. I dey craze? I even like cooking for him sef. Not on a daily basis.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Feb 19, 2013
Caracta:
Of course...i help out a lot. I can go to his house and sit around not doing anything. I dey craze? I even like cooking for him sef. Not on a daily basis.

Assuming this isn't sarcasm: Then that's nice.
So why are you all taking the conversation to an extreme?
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Idowuogbo(f): 8:15pm On Feb 19, 2013
Caracta:
Of course...i help out a lot. I can go to his house and sit around not doing anything. I dey craze? I even like cooking for him sef. Not on a daily basis.
Now u talking... dats d wifely duties /wifey material babe! tongue

4 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by karie1(f): 8:16pm On Feb 19, 2013
Caracta:
Of course...i help out a lot. I can go to his house and sit around not
doing anything. I dey craze? I even like cooking for him sef. Not on a
daily basis.
tank you ma

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Idowuogbo(f): 8:17pm On Feb 19, 2013
luvmijeje: @Idowuogbo,wetin u deh talk now,guy weh never pay ur bride price I will now be doing wifely duties.Then why the need for marriage.
As other said,there should be a limit to what u will do for a bf.
If u no do am during ya bofy and galfy stage, u think d bobo go dey confident enough to place Swarovski on ya finger? Keep jonzing u hia?
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by greedie1(f): 8:18pm On Feb 19, 2013
Idowuogbo:
I disagree!

It's up to u to differentiate a freeloader from d real deal.

it seems u missed d second part of my comment, here:
gree-die:
its like a proviso to the general rule.

I maintain my stand, lyk you rightly pointed out, this is 2013, a sensible guy shouldn't expect his girl to do his chores, he has hands, he should utilize it. even a husband is now expected to to do d chores too... there is no incentive to marry if she is a girlfriend playing the role of a wife, thats like forcing a cow to buy milk!!!!

and a bf isn't a better half until he rings it....

2 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Idowuogbo(f): 8:19pm On Feb 19, 2013
kar'ie:

if u know how to assimilate, you wont have posted this. go back and read my first post, understand it before you talk. hopefully you will understand this time dear
Hahahaha...joker! Oya define d responsibilities of a so called galfriend o! Talk! Ayam listening...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply)

Man Who Dumped His Ex To Marry Another, Begs Her, But See Her Reply (Pics) / 26-year-old Man Brags About His 57-year-old Girlfriend On Facebook (photos) / Infidelity: Two Kenyan Men Agree To Exchange Their Wives As Settlement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.