Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,628 members, 7,809,343 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:04 AM

Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? (29769 Views)

Never Marry A Woman who Is Financially And Academically Ahead Of You As A Man / Wife Breaks Husband's Head For Complaining About Her Food (Graphic Photo) / Would You Marry A Man Like Your Dad? See Replies Girls Gave (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jun 11, 2017
So I have this question that caused controversy today while I was hanging out with some female friends from church. About 8 of us. 2 Guys, 6 ladies.

So I said jokingly that I would never marry a lady that has never cooked for me OR that I have never eating her food. If a lady says she can cook and I have never eaten her food, How do I then believe that she can actually do what she says ?

O boy, come and see how these ladies reacted angrily. Saying stuff like Oh, So you want marry a servant that would just be cooking for you, Women are not your servants oh, blah blah blah.

Their main point was: If a lady says she can cook, A man should take her for her word. She can decide to cook out of her own will, she can also decide she will never cook while courting

I had to just calm the ladies down with jokes & pet them, make dem no come break my head. undecided

And I'm wondering, Does this even make any sense ?

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by NwaAmaikpe: 6:04pm On Jun 11, 2017
Not at all....

It is almost like getting married without shagging your partner.

That is how my neighbor's fiance used Indomie spice to make custard.

219 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by thesicilian: 6:06pm On Jun 11, 2017
I'd never buy a car without test-driving it.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jun 11, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
Not at all....

But No sex relationship is actually okay. Not like No cooking relationship

106 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by subtlemee(f): 6:16pm On Jun 11, 2017
What if she buys food and package it like she cooked it since you are so bent on food testing,how will you now ascertain her cooking prowess before deciding to marry her?

Na God dey bless person for this marriage thing OP,no be by our might,if e good you thank am,e no good still thank am grin

133 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by Caustics: 6:18pm On Jun 11, 2017
why would you do it?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by Caustics: 6:22pm On Jun 11, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
Not at all....

that is even small. my neighbours wife used grounded ogbono to cook big pot of stew for the family this easter. She had to sleep at my place for 4 days because her husband wanted to kill her. the stew and chicken and meat all wasted. stew was drawing like draw soup. she said she thought it was crayfish

165 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by dominique(f): 6:24pm On Jun 11, 2017
There are a handful of meals I couldn't cook properly before I married and now I'm an expert at cooking them. Never use something like food as a yardstick for choosing a life partner. If she cooks fantastic meals and has a rotten attitude, will you still go ahead and marry such girl?

153 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by Evablizin(f): 6:24pm On Jun 11, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
Not at all....

HOLY PROPHET

25 Likes

Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by Epositive(m): 6:25pm On Jun 11, 2017
thesicilian:
I'd never buy a car without test-driving it.
even if it's tokunbo cool
NwaAmaikpe:
Not at all....

your own lie enh cheesy angry

@op, seeing is believing cheesy, Moreover, a good cook(lady) is half-way to my heart,,,, i'm not a very good fan of eateries and restaurants

#positivevibes

9 Likes

Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by Evablizin(f): 6:30pm On Jun 11, 2017
Guys wether directly or indirectly try make she cook food for you,so that you will know what you are venturing into if not nearby seller will be your second home after marriage. period

63 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by carzola(m): 6:39pm On Jun 11, 2017
There are two types of food

Which one are you talking about
@op...

Well its good to eat the two
Before marriage so you can
Be sure of what your paying for..

I have a friend that his mum is a
Terrible cook.. They hv to eat outside
Everyday..

8 Likes

Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jun 11, 2017
If she says she can cook and he doesn't trust her words, then marriage probably shouldn't be their next venture. Why marry someone you don't trust? The lack of trust is the bigger issue here.

29 Likes

Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by flexxyworld(m): 6:57pm On Jun 11, 2017
dominique:
There are a handful of meals I couldn't cook properly before I married and now I'm an expert at cooking them. Never use something like food as a yardstick for choosing a life partner. If she cooks fantastic meals and have a rotten attitude, will you still go ahead and marry such girl?

don't forget the wise say that says ' a way too a man's heart his is stomach (literally food)', so food is a biggie in the Marriage and family, moreover you only perfected your cooking skills cus you wished and wanted too but does not apply too others. my general advise is; if you are comfortable with what she is right now, gladly walk her down the altar or else 'flee'.

7 Likes

Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by Ishilove: 7:37pm On Jun 11, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
Not at all....

shocked

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by Ishilove: 7:43pm On Jun 11, 2017
My neighbour's wife is a terrible cook but their marriage is waxing strong (I think) so food shouldn't be a yardstick. However, If a lady says she can cook please don't take her word for it. Find a way to lure her into cooking for you at least once. Feign illness or something but just get her to cook, otherwise you will spend the rest of your married life eating tasteless and flavourless meals like my poor neighbour.

The taste of the porridge is in the eating. Cooking for your man once in a while doesn't make you a slave to him.

85 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by sisisioge: 8:12pm On Jun 11, 2017
grin grin grin grin

If I were a guy, I won't even marry a lady I haven't emmm let alone eaten her food. I'm a Christian! Let no body quote me.

8 Likes

Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by bukatyne(f): 8:18pm On Jun 11, 2017
@OP:

On one hand, you should be able to bank on the words of your would be wife...

On another hand, Trust but verify.

Except you have a very religious courtship, there will be opportunities to 'test' her cooking skills.

If you are doing religious courtship, both of you go to the market/ branch market when going to her family house and 'cook together'.

4 Likes

Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jun 11, 2017
dominique:
There are a handful of meals I couldn't cook properly before I married and now I'm an expert at cooking them. Never use something like food as a yardstick for choosing a life partner. If she cooks fantastic meals and have a rotten attitude, will you still go ahead and marry such girl?

But what i'm curiosity about is , did you atleast cook for your husband while courting? Whether you were perfect then or not.

No matter how good a girl's attitude is, if her food is bad, how will the marriage work?

4 Likes

Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jun 11, 2017
NotOfThis:
If says she can cook and he doesn't trust her words, then marriage probably shouldn't be their next venture. Why marry someone you don't trust? The lack of trust is the bigger issue here.

OK great contribution . I guess it would be save to say. I don't have a job as a guy but then i tell you not to worry, that I have potentials and that you should just trust me and let's get married and live happily ever after.

what will be your response?

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by TheeDetective: 9:35pm On Jun 11, 2017
It’s very easy for a woman to say she can cook; but when you eat the food she cooked, that’s when you will know if she can cook or not. Why would she not want to cook for her man? It’s not as if she will cook all the time during the courtship but at least you DEFINITELY need to know if the lady you want to marry can cook or not. If she no fit cook, then make she go cooking class or learn via YouTube videos. NOBODY should say they can’t cook in this 21st century be it male or female as there are so many avenues to learn how to cook including YouTube videos.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by Khonifer: 9:40pm On Jun 11, 2017
cruchenuti:

But what i'm curiosity about is , did you atleast cook for your husband while courting? Whether you were perfect then or not.

No matter how good a girl's attitude is, if her food is bad, how will the marriage work?

Concerning your last sentence. You do know she can simply learn to cook after the marriage right? Its not rocket science undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jun 11, 2017
Khonifer:

Concerning your last sentence. You do know she can simply learn to cook after the marriage right? Its not rocket science undecided

So why hasn't she tried to learn on her own? why wait after you start having issues with your husband concerning little things like food

13 Likes

Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by hezy4real01(m): 9:59pm On Jun 11, 2017
Haha how is that possible naw, u must have tested her food while dating now, abi na online dating ?

2 Likes

Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by pmc01(m): 9:59pm On Jun 11, 2017
Na your type dey marry wife wey go dey carry manual cook last last.
Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by Caustics: 9:59pm On Jun 11, 2017
cool
Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jun 11, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
Not at all....

Hahaaaaaaaaaaa
Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by LexngtonSteele: 10:01pm On Jun 11, 2017
BUYER BEWARE...

Promise you that you would regret buying a car without a full test-drive
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jun 11, 2017
Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by tintingz(m): 10:01pm On Jun 11, 2017
Are you marrying her because you love her or because of food?

If you want her to be your cook, you can employ her to start cooking for you.

Don't be deceived, many girls can deceive you to be professional in cooking but they are simply buying food in nearest mama put, Iya basira, Mr Biggs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by softbwoy01(m): 10:01pm On Jun 11, 2017
2 boiz nd six qalz,hmmmmm,wickedess,so wen d pastor was preachin,u wer busy tinkin abawt women cookin fr dem husband or not,oohhh God,it is well

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

To The Ladies, Whats The Best Way To Care For Your Private Part / Which Is More Important In Marriage? Love Or Character / My Younger Sister Has This Entitlement Mentality. Help I'm Scared For Her.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.