Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? (29806 Views)

Never Marry A Woman who Is Financially And Academically Ahead Of You As A Man / Wife Breaks Husband's Head For Complaining About Her Food (Graphic Photo) / Would You Marry A Man Like Your Dad? See Replies Girls Gave (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by Nobody: 12:06am On Jun 12, 2017
Fkforyou:

In essence they bullied you to keep shut.. undecided

Exactly. We were 2 Guys. There were 6 Ladies. Its not hard to admit.
Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by ransomed: 12:08am On Jun 12, 2017
Give my maternal uncle's wife enough money to cook a pot of soup it will be tasteless despite the huge investment. Buy the ingredients for her and be ready to purge and visit nearby clinic. The painful part of the scenario is that she boasts of her cooking skill. Ladies of this generation are the indomie type. All they know is about make up, manicure, pedicure ,trending fashion, tele mundo and irrelevant "aproko". If she claims " i sabi" then let her do pratical. Never marry a lady who does not know how to cook.
Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by mekusa10: 12:14am On Jun 12, 2017
It is my written rule that whoever will be my wife must at least have a little cooking skills amongst other qualities (of course having eaten enough prior to marriage)... The only allowable excuse would be that she is a very big ass entrepreneur or career girl... Something Good enough to take your time..
You don't have these and yet don't know how to cook? Even employers go ask 'what can you do?'.. My friend shey-bah-pu-or!!!

1 Like

Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by biggaint: 12:16am On Jun 12, 2017
Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by HMDplease: 12:17am On Jun 12, 2017
Op u mean eating her yam?
Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by Oyinlomobambam(m): 12:18am On Jun 12, 2017
What rubbish? I go eat more than the cooked food.
Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by Caustics: 12:18am On Jun 12, 2017
cruchenuti:

your english okay dear, please just ignore
thanks
Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by seguno2: 12:21am On Jun 12, 2017
Which food?
The one of the kitchen or the one of the other room?
Oya, make una clarify oh.
Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by ransomed: 12:22am On Jun 12, 2017
Nma27:
I'm sure it was a mistake. I've mistaken Sugar for garri before when I wanted to make EBA... Anything is possible
::--- Indomie generation will always claim mistake for pure ignorance and laziness. Where were her senses of touch, sight and smell? Park well before you intentionally mix sugar and garri to make eba for your future in-laws.

1 Like

Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by zenithvlog: 12:30am On Jun 12, 2017
Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by lilyheaven: 12:31am On Jun 12, 2017
grin grin , she should have used it to swallow EBA, (garri)

Caustics:
that is even small. my neighbours wife used grounded ogbono to cook big pot of stew for the family this easter. She had to sleep at my place for 4 days because her husband wanted to kill her. the stew and chicken and meat all wasted. stew was drawing like draw soup. she said she thought it was crayfish
Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by lilyheaven: 12:34am On Jun 12, 2017
ransomed:
::--- Indomie generation will always claim mistake for pure ignorance and laziness. Where were her senses of touch, sight and smell? Park well before you intentionally mix sugar and garri to make eba for your future in-laws.
This one no better! Is there a resemblance between garri and sugar. I think, this person is lying.
Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by alan333(m): 12:36am On Jun 12, 2017
undecidednothing wrong to know the cooking prowess of your woman,at same time,nothing bad if a woman can't cook aslong as she's virtuos and true but don't forget that's also where the strength of strange women lay.

The green-witches strongest tool is penetration by food poison.

1 Like

Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by pmc01(m): 12:38am On Jun 12, 2017
Nma27:
I still consult google and YouTube in order to prepare certain foods... Its no biggy as long as d food is delicious. Mine always is though cos its in d family.
Don't mind me, I was only teasing. No one knows all he/she should. We all consult at some point or the other.
Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by cococandy(f): 12:45am On Jun 12, 2017
Caustics:
that is even small. my neighbours wife used grounded ogbono to cook big pot of stew for the family this easter. She had to sleep at my place for 4 days because her husband wanted to kill her. the stew and chicken and meat all wasted. stew was drawing like draw soup. she said she thought it was crayfish
It's easy to confuse ogbono for crayfish when ground.
That's why her husband wanted to kill her?
And she slept at yours for 4 days?

They have bigger problems than that ruined stew.
He's a maniac

6 Likes

Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by tomdon(m): 12:52am On Jun 12, 2017
subtlemee:
What if she buys food and package it like she cooked it since you are so bent on food testing,how will you now ascertain her cooking prowess before deciding to marry her?

Na God dey bless person for this marriage thing OP,no be by our might,if e good you thank am,e no good still thank am grin

I no understand
She go come package food inside the guy kitchen??

1 Like

Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by Nobody: 1:26am On Jun 12, 2017
Khonifer:

It could be that she hasn't found reason to learn yet. She might be someone who has servants at her beck and call, or just doesn't like the whole cooking idea.

Honestly, when I was on my own I ate day and night at a buka. But when she's married and reality sets in, she would have no choice but to learn.

Besides. I don't think something so trivial as food is enough to cause problems between couples.
You're high ohhh!!
Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by Ikville(m): 1:26am On Jun 12, 2017
Even as kids, we played 'Home'. So a couple who aspire to marry each otha will always do for each otha wot dey wud do wen dey get married. It's not something u discuss, it's just a natural sequence of things. If I'd like to cook for my fiancée, i wud not only say so but go ahead & actually cook for her. If u guys only talk about it, u probably cant do jack
Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by banmee(m): 1:39am On Jun 12, 2017
cruchenuti:

Nothing wrong sir, But was it your Dad that taught your Mum how to cook?

No he didn't but i taught my wife how to cook. We've been married almost 20 years now. Guy, it's just food. There are more important things in a marriage. Trust me. You do realize that you all need to start changing this mentality of yours? You are living in the 21st century but all are still thinking like you are in the 18th one.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by lamalang(m): 1:45am On Jun 12, 2017
White people don spoil this world, this there gender equality of a thing de make ladies feel like they have a penis too, our forefathers and our fathers na them enjoy marriage, our gender equality generation na wahala, most of the gals no sabi cook, and if small badluck catch you small they will run away. Most marriages and relationships now na base on lies, and fake life

1 Like

Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by Toks2008(m): 2:11am On Jun 12, 2017
Before I marry any lady...
I must taste her food,see her unclothedness and observe her relationship with GOD.
Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by bellotaofeek: 2:19am On Jun 12, 2017
Which of the foods? Hope you meant both . Cos if not , my brother na one chance you enter o .
Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by iomoge2(f): 3:35am On Jun 12, 2017
dominique:
There are a handful of meals I couldn't cook properly before I married and now I'm an expert at cooking them. Never use something like food as a yardstick for choosing a life partner. If she cooks fantastic meals and has a rotten attitude, will you still go ahead and marry such girl?

Abi o.
I just learnt how to fry puff puff last night.
I started trying 2nights ago and got it last night after watching videos and reading online.
Hubs was laughing n helping n now he is proud. Imagine he used puff puff making to say he wont marry me then....

Plus i made my first fried rice in marriage.... cheesy grin

@op.
Your question sounds like the girl asked u to marry her n u dunno if u should say yes or no.

Its u that will decided to ask her to marry u n not d other way round....

1 Like

Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by safetyInspector(m): 3:41am On Jun 12, 2017
My Dear Love is a package. The content of the package may differ with individuals. In mine cooking, facial appearance etc may be part of it why in yours cooking may be less of your worry.
tintingz:
Are you marrying her because you love her or because of food?

If you want her to be your cooker, you can employ her to start cooking for you.

Don't be deceived, many girls can deceive you to be professional in cooking but they are simply buying food in nearest mama put, Iya basira, Mr Biggs.
Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by Emexnairaland(m): 3:51am On Jun 12, 2017
What are you saying here.... Can you just once again read what you wrote. TRUST? Some one tells you that she knows how to cook and you trust her for being the best cook all because she says it? Do you know what trust is? So Men should now start trusting every word that comes from lady's mouth.. If she is really a good cook, why can't she cook for the man to prove herself instead of merely saying it.
NotOfThis:
If she says she can cook and he doesn't trust her words, then marriage probably shouldn't be their next venture. Why marry someone you don't trust? The lack of trust is the bigger issue here.
Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by Nobody: 4:20am On Jun 12, 2017
I am gradually beginning to understand why we have so many feminists these days. undecided

Should a woman also marry a man that cannot cook or hasn't cooked for her?

Joke Silva and Olu Jacobs are one of the most enviable couple in and out of Nollywood. In Joke's words "I’m Not A Cooking Kind Of Woman And My Husband Is Fine With It’ . Another one.... "Excuse me, at this stage of my life, I cook when I like. The laundry? Abeg, even when we were newly married, it was underlined, I don't do laundry"

Yet their marriage continues to wax strong

2 Likes

Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by Dasgoro: 4:29am On Jun 12, 2017
Eating her food is major criteria. Moreover if she truly wants to marry you cooking for you should come naturally, or else she is as lazy as they come.
The truth is, most of this generation ladies dont know how to cook. It takes years of practice to perfect cooking skill. So if she has to learn after wedding, just know that your family including kids will be the lab rats, and you even have to spend twice as much for meals.
My advise to guys, is make sure you know how to cook, because when that wife ordained for you comes, just a battling of her eyes you will disregard if she can even boil water or not.
" Love conquers all "
Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by dee02(m): 4:39am On Jun 12, 2017
dominique:
There are a handful of meals I couldn't cook properly before I married and now I'm an expert at cooking them. Never use something like food as a yardstick for choosing a life partner. If she cooks fantastic meals and has a rotten attitude, will you still go ahead and marry such girl?

Spot on
Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by Loop1: 4:48am On Jun 12, 2017
NotOfThis:
If she says she can cook and he doesn't trust her words, then marriage probably shouldn't be their next venture. Why marry someone you don't trust? The lack of trust is the bigger issue here.

What a primitive way of thought .if he says he has an 8 inch dI.ck and she can never wait to see it then they should not venture in to marriage .

It has been proven many times ladies who can't cool gives firmly excuses when they are being challenge to do so.
Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by troy20(m): 5:10am On Jun 12, 2017
well for us with large apitite for large varieties of delicious meals, she better mean her words.
Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by Fkforyou(m): 5:16am On Jun 12, 2017
cruchenuti:

Exactly. We were 2 Guys. There were 6 Ladies. Its not hard to admit.

OK... Anyway, they were just running their mouth, I bet when they are in love they are going to do more than just cook for their partners.
Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by Damcolly08(m): 5:22am On Jun 12, 2017
Hi Groupies, lets do long term trade... I buy your itunes and Amazon cards at goodprice... Very reliable!! cards from $10 to $100 are only
accepted......instant payment........
LIST OF CARDS TO TRADE
*Amazon gift card with cash receipt - #300/1$
*itunes gift card #270/1$
WhatsApp or call

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Not The Marriage I Had In Mind / Men Who Married At 24, 25, 26, 27. Do You Regret It? / Beware! Sunatu Bush Where Male Youths Rape Students (video Of Victims)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.