Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? (29796 Views)

Never Marry A Woman who Is Financially And Academically Ahead Of You As A Man / Wife Breaks Husband's Head For Complaining About Her Food (Graphic Photo) / Would You Marry A Man Like Your Dad? See Replies Girls Gave (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by Nobody: 7:00am On Jun 12, 2017
Well, that's not because she can't cook but because she's from the village.

NwaAmaikpe:
Not at all....

It is almost like getting married without shagging your partner.

That is how my neighbor's fiance used Indomie spice to make custard.
Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by Martin0(m): 7:06am On Jun 12, 2017
Evablizin:
Guys wether directly or indirectly try make she cook food for you,so that you will know what you are venturing into if not nearby seller will be your second home after marriage. period
No it good but it not a prority before getting married to her!!!
Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by jamalnation(m): 7:11am On Jun 12, 2017
yes nw if she is not so good in cooking she can always learn from the best my mother no big deal
Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by Tedassie(m): 7:12am On Jun 12, 2017
Nma27:
I still consult google and YouTube in order to prepare certain foods... Its no biggy as long as d food is delicious. Mine always is though cos its in d family.
Cooking is a skill that is learnt not something confered by heredity and how 'good' you think you are could be a function of how well you pay attention to detail as regards your cooking ability.

Nice dress @dp
Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by sulakishop(m): 7:16am On Jun 12, 2017
Hell NO! He'll be left with a state of emotional laceration tantamount to a colossal loss to the human society
Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by miraclea: 7:17am On Jun 12, 2017
If you marry a lady who cannot cook
Any day you eat great meal outside may possibly be the beginning of the end of the marriage
After character what a lady needs in marriage is cooking good meal

1 Like

Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by ramdris(m): 7:19am On Jun 12, 2017
Caustics:
that is even small. my neighbours wife used grounded ogbono to cook big pot of stew for the family this easter. She had to sleep at my place for 4 days because her husband wanted to kill her. the stew and chicken and meat all wasted. stew was drawing like draw soup. she said she thought it was crayfish
Hope u did not touch her o? grin grin
Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by Nobody: 7:23am On Jun 12, 2017
If the lady can cook like she claims then what's the big deal about it. Once wouldn't kill u and besides if she can't she could always learn. My father taught me how to cook cos my mum died since I was 4 so I don't see y cooking sud be a big deal . if she can cook
good for her if she can't d man can teach and cooking is not meant for women only any man who can't cook shouldn't have d guts to condemn any woman for being a bad cook.

But all we spoilt children of nowadays .....

1 Like

Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by Excellent4love: 7:23am On Jun 12, 2017
What's the point marrying a woman you will not eat the food she cooks. Marriage is ordained by God for the purpose of being twain and one flesh.
Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by seanswitch(m): 7:29am On Jun 12, 2017
Never
cruchenuti:
So I have this question that caused controversy today while I was hanging out with some female friends from church. About 8 of us. 2 Guys, 6 ladies.

So I said jokingly that I would never marry a lady that has never cooked for me OR that I have never eating her food. If a lady says she can cook and I have never eaten her food, How do I then believe that she can actually do what she says ?

O boy, come and see how these ladies reacted angrily. Saying stuff like Oh, So you want marry a servant that would just be cooking for you, Women are not your servants oh, blah blah blah.

Their main point was: If a lady says she can cook, A man should take her for her word. She can decide to cook out of her own will, she can also decide she will never cook while courting

I had to just calm the ladies down with jokes & pet them, make dem no come break my head. undecided

And I'm wondering, Does this even make any sense ?

Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by MzJin(f): 7:57am On Jun 12, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
Not at all....

Now the custard n indomie spice part i wont agreeoooooo oga.......hahahahahahahhahah....sounds so funny
Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by Cutestud(m): 8:02am On Jun 12, 2017
I'm an awesome cook myself and I won't mind surprising wifey (when I do get married) every once in a while but it's just so so terribly wrong if a Lady can't cook and it's not just an African thing.
Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by maamisco(f): 8:04am On Jun 12, 2017
cruchenuti:

But what i'm curiosity about is , did you atleast cook for your husband while courting? Whether you were perfect then or not.

No matter how good a girl's attitude is, if her food is bad, how will the marriage work?
It will work if she is ready to learn how to cook. most of us women is our pride that use to spoil our home, if u are not good in cooking tell ur husband let him reg for u in catering school. Or ask ur neighbor to teach u there is nothing wrong wt that.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by IamProdigy: 8:07am On Jun 12, 2017
sisisioge:
grin grin grin grin

If I were a guy, I won't even marry a lady I haven't emmm let alone eaten her food. I'm a Christian! Let no body quote me.

Me I will quote you...
Hope u understand what christianmeans abii
Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by YelloweWest: 8:08am On Jun 12, 2017
eyinjuege:

The story itself sounds untrue.

Do people put crayfish in stew? When its not soup?
Some poeple do o. But just a little
Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by Priest69(m): 8:37am On Jun 12, 2017
It's just food na, food is a big deal. I can cook very well and I expect to marry a woman that can cook as well and I don't mind helping in the kitchen in my free time. Women should know how to cook in relation that men should have money to take care of his family. Why are modern girls trying to put everything under women right?
Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by flexxyworld(m): 8:44am On Jun 12, 2017
angelbulksms:

Food is sure a biggie but you need to listen carefully to @dominique. Sometimes, it pays to listen to ladies when they talk about other ladies.
You wouldn't want to trade food for rotten behaviour.
Food (cooking) can always be learnt but a rotten behaviour can't be quickly gotten rid off, if it ever leaves.
A "rotten behaviour" wife can make a man's destiny take a downward slope, if not end it.

nice clarification. Tnx anyways.. I totally agree with your last sentence 100%.. cheers
Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by DUMCHRIS(m): 8:53am On Jun 12, 2017
Caustics:
that is even small. my neighbours wife used grounded ogbono to cook big pot of stew for the family this easter. She had to sleep at my place for 4 days because her husband wanted to kill her. the stew and chicken and meat all wasted. stew was drawing like draw soup. she said she thought it was crayfish

Chai that kin tin dey pepper person o. Kai
Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by poseidon12: 9:10am On Jun 12, 2017
I doubt I would want to have much to do with a lady that cannot cook. I regard anyone that cannot cook as irresponsible, whether man or woman. You don't have to be a great cook but you should know how to cook the basics.
I believe that learning how to cook actually teaches one how to take care of himself or herself. And if you know how to take care of yourself, you can take care of your family, and country.
Traditionally, Nigerian men are not taught how to cook. You have so many guys that cannot even boil water for tea let alone cook.
A lady friend told me a funny story. She was sick and asked her husband to boil eggs for her. The husband came to ask how to boil the eggs. The woman was surprised at the question. She told her husband to just put the eggs in the pot and put on the stove to cook. The husband did as told but did not add water because the wife did not mention water. Of course the eggs got burnt. This is unbelievable but true, very true.
In the developed countries people generally cook for themselves. In the Chinese restaurants, the cooks are usually men. If you live in the developed countries, you will at least know how to fix something for yourself.
This apparent lack of basic life survival skills might have something to do with Nigerian (men) not being able to run the country. With all the rich resources we have, we don't seem to have the capacity to leverage them for our prosperity. So Nigerian men, start learning how to cook. Nigerian mothers, start teaching your sons how to cook, so that they will not end up like the man that cannot boil eggs.

1 Like

Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by poseidon12: 9:13am On Jun 12, 2017
Khonifer:

It could be that she hasn't found reason to learn yet. She might be someone who has servants at her beck and call, or just doesn't like the whole cooking idea.

Honestly, when I was on my own I ate day and night at a buka. But when she's married and reality sets in, she would have no choice but to learn.

Besides. I don't think something so trivial as food is enough to cause problems between couples.

Food is definitely not trivial.
Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by tintingz(m): 9:31am On Jun 12, 2017
Ijaya123:

I'm sort of disappointed by this post. Guess we have loads of kids on nairaland these days.

gare2510:

Sometimes love alone is not enough.

patola080:
how will a lady buy u food outside and u will nt know? She will tell you that d food is only cook 4 one day abi or u will nt knw d way mama put cut her meat will be different 4 d way u will cut ur own at home

Y'all should start doing cooking interview when you wanna marry, start eating every girl's food till you eat poison and choke.

So when a girl knows how to cook, she automatically has a good character? Some people with their archaic mentality.

When girls were born, they were born with pot and spoon. Yeye people.

1 Like

Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by phermarc: 9:49am On Jun 12, 2017
Is not advisable
Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by scobyy2007: 9:52am On Jun 12, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
Not at all....

Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by ussy09(m): 9:58am On Jun 12, 2017
36 STATES AND CAPITALS
1 : KANO / mumu
2: Oyo / dirty
3: EDO / ashawo
4: CROSS RIVER / kerewa
5: LAGOS / Agbero
6: IMO / bride price
7: DELTA / ogogoro
8: ENUGU / runs girls
9: OGUN / juju
10: Anambra / blood money
11:Bornu / boko haram
12 Abia/ bad roads
13: Abuja /Corporate thieves
14: Benue / free of charge
15: ondo / Aja (dog)
16: Akwa Ibom / housemaid
17: Bayelsa / Militant
18: Zamfara / Sharia
19: Sokoto / Four wives
20: Osun / fear fear
21: Kwara / Big nyash
22: Plateau / Crisis
23 Kogi / hardship
24: Rivers / cultism

PLZ add your own ...let's get to 36..

Pls don't take it personal, it's just a way to crack u this joke

1 Like

Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by stilldoingokay(f): 10:02am On Jun 12, 2017
hmmm nawaaoo, I don't know what a woman got to give in marriage if she doesn't know how to cook, and secondly what is wrong cooking for someone you claim you love. the west some Nigerians women are trying to copy, has a system that we never work in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by Nobody: 10:31am On Jun 12, 2017
Caustics:
I don make that mistake before but na rice
Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by osanga90(m): 10:41am On Jun 12, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
Not at all....

Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by harffie(m): 11:04am On Jun 12, 2017
dominique:
There are a handful of meals I couldn't cook properly before I married and now I'm an expert at cooking them. Never use something like food as a yardstick for choosing a life partner. If she cooks fantastic meals and has a rotten attitude, will you still go ahead and marry such girl?
Best comment so far
Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by harffie(m): 11:05am On Jun 12, 2017
Caustics:

Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by delishpot: 11:05am On Jun 12, 2017
cruchenuti:
So I have this question that caused controversy today while I was hanging out with some female friends from church. About 8 of us. 2 Guys, 6 ladies.

So I said jokingly that I would never marry a lady that has never cooked for me OR that I have never eating her food. If a lady says she can cook and I have never eaten her food, How do I then believe that she can actually do what she says ?

O boy, come and see how these ladies reacted angrily. Saying stuff like Oh, So you want marry a servant that would just be cooking for you, Women are not your servants oh, blah blah blah.

Their main point was: If a lady says she can cook, A man should take her for her word. She can decide to cook out of her own will, she can also decide she will never cook while courting

I had to just calm the ladies down with jokes & pet them, make dem no come break my head. undecided

And I'm wondering, Does this even make any sense ?

Well yes! But I see no big deal in a woman cooking for her man. I agree she shoukd not be forced to cook but what kinf of woman would date a man and not desire to cook food for him? She may say she will not eat in his house(some traditions do not allow a woman eat in a mans house until he sees her family and buys her mouth)
Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by cypreseyecentre: 11:39am On Jun 12, 2017
Cooking is Science itself. I have seen people put all the required ingredients in a particular menu that they are preparing but the result was not funny. Timing while cooking or adding ingredients, matters a lot.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Do I Get My Wife And Kid Back? I Really Love Her So Much / Few Ways To Show Love To Your Husband.... / Please Help, My Sister-in-law Is Missing. See Her Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.