Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,653 members, 7,820,271 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? (29817 Views)

Never Marry A Woman who Is Financially And Academically Ahead Of You As A Man / Wife Breaks Husband's Head For Complaining About Her Food (Graphic Photo) / Would You Marry A Man Like Your Dad? See Replies Girls Gave (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by kaykith05(m): 5:23am On Jun 12, 2017
cruchenuti:
So I have this question that caused controversy today while I was hanging out with some female friends from church. About 8 of us. 2 Guys, 6 ladies.

So I said jokingly that I would never marry a lady that has never cooked for me OR that I have never eating her food. If a lady says she can cook and I have never eaten her food, How do I then believe that she can actually do what she says ?

O boy, come and see how these ladies reacted angrily. Saying stuff like Oh, So you want marry a servant that would just be cooking for you, Women are not your servants oh, blah blah blah.

Their main point was: If a lady says she can cook, A man should take her for her word. She can decide to cook out of her own will, she can also decide she will never cook while courting

I had to just calm the ladies down with jokes & pet them, make dem no come break my head. undecided

And I'm wondering, Does this even make any sense ?

Se na food be the 1st thing? 1st things 1st. Shanking.
Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by eitsei(m): 5:35am On Jun 12, 2017
marksleek25:
na wetin be that rubbish line of "trust your woman when she says she can cook"? How i go marry babe wey no sabi cook? That line is a load of crap! Babe wey no sabi cook na no no for my side. Trust my foot! Cook make i see you abeg!
I don't even know why I have to settle for less I can always find a woman who also has qualities that I look for in a woman as a wife and can also cook not even only for me but our children we can't be eating out everyday , don't think I can marry a woman that can't cook unless her attitude suggests she's willing to learn how to cook before we finally get married and after marriage

3 Likes

Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by hardbody: 5:47am On Jun 12, 2017
I did not think this topic deserved an input when I saw it yesterday night, but waking up this morning and still having it up there i realized it's topical enough to deserve some mention. Let me say I know a happily married woman that buys all manner of cooked soup from a supermarket and they'd been no issue although the husband never suspected anything. For me that food is not my strongest point, I don't care whether you can cook or not, i need more of a good manager of the home and strong personal assistant. I can buy any exotic food i want outside but home and financial management are more critical and mostly great sèx. All i need is a diva in the day and a bi.tch at night. That simple. It therefore boils down to the individual.

1 Like

Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by emerged01(m): 5:49am On Jun 12, 2017
A lady should not be a good cook before agreeing to marry her. There are a lot of food my wife could not cook but now she is a great cook. I taught her how to make a fried egusi,spaghetti and how to fry egg without messing it up. Now she has gone far making soup I never thought she could cook.
Her sister that just got married came to visit us,after eating her bitterleaf soup,she had to beg her sister to teach her how to cook the bitterleaf soup.
Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by Chasdonblizz: 5:51am On Jun 12, 2017
tintingz:
Are you marrying her because you love her or because of food?

If you want her to be your cooker, you can employ her to start cooking for you.

Don't be deceived, many girls can deceive you to be professional in cooking but they are simply buying food in nearest mama put, Iya basira, Mr Biggs.
I guess you meant cook and not cooker. Shalom.
Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by 9jatatafo(m): 5:51am On Jun 12, 2017
There is no perfect marriage, no perfect couples.
Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by madjune(m): 5:53am On Jun 12, 2017
Obviously we are living in the last days where all institutions are under assault.

The very bedrock of the family as a foremost institution of humanity is under severe assault from the wicked one.
And, the woman is the easiest target for the Devil.
Amongst others which I've noticed, the devil first makes the woman increasingly lazy, unyielding, recusant and unreasonably aggressive.

I mean, there's something in marriage called soul food.
This is the food the woman regularly prepares with her heart for her husband and the children.
This touch goes a long way in keeping the love that holds every member of that family.

Whereas a woman can't cook and rejects the notion of the role of the woman cooking for her man...thats anti family.

Such woman is an end time woman and can't pass on any meaningful tradition or value to her first daughter.

1 Like

Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by Nobody: 6:01am On Jun 12, 2017
pmc01:

Don't mind me, I was only teasing. No one knows all he/she should. We all consult at some point or the other.
I hear ya
Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by Tedassie(m): 6:02am On Jun 12, 2017
Ishilove:
My neighbour's wife is a terrible cook but their marriage is waxing strong (I think) so food shouldn't be a yardstick. However, If a lady says she can cook please don't take her word for it. Find a way to lure her into cooking for you at least once. Feign illness or something but just get her to cook, otherwise you will spend the rest of your married life eating tasteless and flavourless meals like my poor neighbour.

The taste of the porridge is in the eating. Cooking for your man once in a while doesn't make you a slave to him.
*hugs*
Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by Nobody: 6:02am On Jun 12, 2017
ransomed:
::--- Indomie generation will always claim mistake for pure ignorance and laziness. Where were her senses of touch, sight and smell? Park well before you intentionally mix sugar and garri to make eba for your future in-laws.
Loolz... Funny u.
Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by ifymorena(f): 6:03am On Jun 12, 2017
Yes y not
Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by Nairabeezie(m): 6:04am On Jun 12, 2017
Yeah
Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by Hidhupz: 6:08am On Jun 12, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:

That is how my neighbor's fiance used Indomie spice to make custard.
lol lemme kuku goan.. ...
Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by Nobody: 6:10am On Jun 12, 2017
Shout out my ex, May you end up marrying a woman that will use fowl sh1t as native maggi
Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by ifymorena(f): 6:14am On Jun 12, 2017
Khonifer:

It could be that she hasn't found reason to learn yet. She might be someone who has servants at her beck and call, or just doesn't like the whole cooking idea.

Honestly, when I was on my own I ate day and night at a buka. But when she's married and reality sets in, she would have no choice but to learn.

Besides. I don't think something so trivial as food is enough to cause problems between couples.
are sure u are in Nigeria? As a woman not cooking in ur marriage can cause civil war in that marriage
Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by ZIMDRILL(m): 6:17am On Jun 12, 2017
cruchenuti:
So I have this question that caused controversy today while I was hanging out with some female friends from church. About 8 of us. 2 Guys, 6 ladies.

So I said jokingly that I would never marry a lady that has never cooked for me OR that I have never eating her food. If a lady says she can cook and I have never eaten her food, How do I then believe that she can actually do what she says ?

O boy, come and see how these ladies reacted angrily. Saying stuff like Oh, So you want marry a servant that would just be cooking for you, Women are not your servants oh, blah blah blah.

Their main point was: If a lady says she can cook, A man should take her for her word. She can decide to cook out of her own will, she can also decide she will never cook while courting

I had to just calm the ladies down with jokes & pet them, make dem no come break my head. undecided

And I'm wondering, Does this even make any sense ?

by sort of nature

those are the qualities men look for in a woman

an average cook etc

so during dating most women would try show those qualities

yourself as man you would wonder if she doesnt cook anything during dating so what would make you marry her if you had not seen one the things men want from a woman
Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by Daddybright1986(m): 6:17am On Jun 12, 2017
Which kind of food first......the food in between the legs o the one the wil cooked an you will surely found the stone David used in killing Goliath??
Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by ashewoboy(m): 6:22am On Jun 12, 2017
sisisioge:
grin grin grin grin

If I were a guy, I won't even marry a lady I haven't emmm let alone eaten her food. I'm a Christian! Let no body quote me.

your guy has ermmmm?cheesy

you are not a guy, just accept it. as a lady, you sabi cook? i mean cook delicious meals.
Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by PepperMouthNg(m): 6:26am On Jun 12, 2017
NotOfThis:
If she says she can cook and he doesn't trust her words, then marriage probably shouldn't be their next venture. Why marry someone you don't trust? The lack of trust is the bigger issue here.

Keep quiet!!!
Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by patola080(m): 6:40am On Jun 12, 2017
tintingz:

Don't be deceived, many girls can deceive you to be professional in cooking but they are simply buying food in nearest mama put, Iya basira, Mr Biggs.
how will a lady buy u food outside and u will nt know? She will tell you that d food is only cook 4 one day abi or u will nt knw d way mama put cut her meat will be different 4 d way u will cut ur own at home
Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by Ijaya123: 6:41am On Jun 12, 2017
Will any lady agree to marry a man without 'eating' his money?

That should settle it.
Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by supaslim(m): 6:41am On Jun 12, 2017
Impressive Comments have been flowing in since I dropped #MarryMe last night. Now!! Am still waiting for your own comment. Check it here: http://www.mikkyplanets.com.ng/2017/06/mikkyplanets-music-supaslim-ft-angela.html am waiting please
Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by okeyfermod(m): 6:42am On Jun 12, 2017
As a married man, here is my 2 cent.

A woman's ability to cook should not be a yardstick for marriage, what matters is her ability to learn, because these things are subjective.

for instance, im an easterner, sames is my wife, but i grew up in the west, even though she could cook, there were still issues when we married

cause i loved Yoruba food more. so she had to learn to do that.

but if i had to choose, i will choose a carrer lady over a good cook. these are hard times
Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by pressplay411(m): 6:44am On Jun 12, 2017
2 guys Vs 6 girls?
You're outnumbered, lucky you made it out alive. Lol
If they're working class, no p. It can be flexible.
But the issue is cooking is one I can never understand the argument for the life of me.
Since time immemorial, it has not only been the duty but also the pleasure of a wife to keep her home with her culinary skills.
But the problem nowadays is Ego. Ladies of our day are either too proud to cook or plain lazy to do chores. I don't blame them, it's also about upbringing. There's no way you are raised watching your mom gladly preparing meals and dining with your dad and you've not even crave that for yourself.
Girls who grew up with single parents especially if raised by their mothers always tend to be raised a sense of hatred for men, the mother transfers all her loathing for the missing dad and the girl sadly is left with no choice but to live according to her sad mom's gospel.
Lastly, we leave in an age of gemder equality, this is where some get it mixed up. You don't bring that to the home front. The man is thy the natural leader of the home, unless there's an anomaly.

So no, cooking is part of the courtship. Eventhough I don't eat much, my wife must derive pleasure from fixing me a good one knowing the cuisine is the BRT lane to her man's heart.

1 Like

Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by gare2510(m): 6:45am On Jun 12, 2017
tintingz:

Sometimes love alone is not enough.
Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by hopebacy(m): 6:47am On Jun 12, 2017
she must prove her worth mhen...... Its ma birthday.. Show some luv

Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by dukeo(m): 6:47am On Jun 12, 2017
Yes
Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by eyinjuege: 6:48am On Jun 12, 2017
YelloweWest:

Haba that's an error na. That does not mean she doesn't know how to cook.

Grinded ogbolo and Grinded crayfish looks exactly the same unless u smell it.

Her husband is an idiot. Wanting to kill someone for making a simple mistake

The story itself sounds untrue.

Do people put crayfish in stew? When its not soup?
Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by mosthilarious(f): 6:49am On Jun 12, 2017
No
Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by eyinjuege: 6:50am On Jun 12, 2017
Caustics:
well that was a costly mistake. A rubber of tomato gone. i managed to collect some of the chicken and meat, washed them and fried them again.. their loss my gain.

Please do they put crayfish in stew?
Re: Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? by Ijaya123: 6:54am On Jun 12, 2017
tintingz:

I'm sort of disappointed by this post. Guess we have loads of kids on nairaland these days.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Not The Marriage I Had In Mind / Please Help, My Sister-in-law Is Missing. See Her Pictures / Is Not A Sin If Your Wife Cheats On You, You Should Be Happy & Learn - Rev. Lutt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.