Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,285 members, 7,815,482 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:07 PM

Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) - Sports (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) (43277 Views)

Poll: Who will go through to the Semi Final?

Nigeria: 90% (169 votes)
Zambia: 9% (17 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Zambia: CAF Under-17 Championship (3 - 1) On 21st February 2015 / Eaglets Shine In CHAN Eagles Friendly; Eagles Win 4-1 / Player Rating - Nigeria Vs Zambia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by Jaylone(m): 9:15pm On Jan 25, 2010
tkb417:

Amodu no dey see say Yakubu na minus one?
We need Martins ooo!
Beg to differ -II
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by nateevs(m): 9:16pm On Jan 25, 2010
Eastbay:

Aside from the central defence partnership,we ain't got nothing else going for us.

By God,Mikel must be over-rated.The sloppy dude can't even take control of the midfield against players in the South African league.And he claims to be a Chelsea player.
As for Yakubu,the less we say about the bloated ox,the better for us all.One more reason why Amodu doesn't know what he's doing.

You are wrong . . The tactics are short of adequate at best.
Amodu is playing Mikel as a lone attacking midfielder in a 4-3-3. Mikel is too slow to play the role.
No one to the right or left of him. . All Zambia have to do is put 2 men in midfield on him and they'll snuff him out and that's exactly what they are doing.
What's the point in playing Kaita and Etuhu?

Play another attacking midfielder alongside Mikel and watch him spring into action.
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by koolchicco: 9:16pm On Jan 25, 2010
Yea they did but failed to convert it. . .
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jan 25, 2010
I no dey watch the match but from the comments i see it's not good news.

It's prolly a good thing i'm not watching it.
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by blacksta(m): 9:16pm On Jan 25, 2010
44 mins of play  - yak has touch ball 5 times - zambia closing all SE play down  - hoping for counter attack  - freekick for nigeria on the edge of the box - a chance to score
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by comechop(m): 9:17pm On Jan 25, 2010
cant believe that zambian missed from 3 yards out, open goal, while defense was ball watching
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by hollandis(f): 9:17pm On Jan 25, 2010
Whether we win or lose.Either way I win cool

Bleep$ing boring match
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by hedges007(m): 9:17pm On Jan 25, 2010
Abeg, someone pls tell me, where is mumu-gbeni in this match?
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by EzeCanada: 9:18pm On Jan 25, 2010
abeg where JJ Okocha dey oooooo
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by TmeD0(m): 9:18pm On Jan 25, 2010
what a crappy1st half!
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by Princek12(m): 9:18pm On Jan 25, 2010
THe referee needs to hand a red card to one of these Zambian players. They are hell bent on hurting one SE
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by GTay(m): 9:18pm On Jan 25, 2010
Na Wah, Clueless Eagles formerly known as Super Eagles

Halfttime what a boring game
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by bawomolo(m): 9:18pm On Jan 25, 2010
EzeCanada:

abeg where JJ Okocha dey oooooo

the old people's home refused to release him for the tournament. keep on waiting.
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by dominique(f): 9:18pm On Jan 25, 2010
end of boring first half. . . i wonder what highlights they're going to show.
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by Mudley313: 9:18pm On Jan 25, 2010
miss okocha/oliseh for freekicks
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by Obinoscopy(m): 9:19pm On Jan 25, 2010
We are playing rubbish. The Zambians are beginning to gain some confidence
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by blacksta(m): 9:19pm On Jan 25, 2010
end of the 1st half  - it has been a 50/50 match  - with zambia missing close range chance to score ., 2 attempt from zambia , 1 from Nigeria -  Yak needs to either drop back or remove him
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by justfash50: 9:19pm On Jan 25, 2010
Thank God kalaba did not play for zambians, we would have been 2 goals down.
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jan 25, 2010
Obasi is not in the game, yakubu is no where to be found at least mikel dey try attack so we need martins and nsofor
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jan 25, 2010
This 4-3-3 is stifling our creativity and not allowing the flair in the players to be displayed.
Our boys are sleep-walking,and every opportunity has to come through Osaze.
@nateevs,
I don't hink I've said anything other than the obvious.
Mikel should do better.Period.I don't know how many AMs you need to get attacks going.
Ask Amodu to go 4-4-2.It's the only way to open up the middle for Mikel (who cannot take games by the scruff of the neck for the life of it) to operate.
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by EzeCanada: 9:20pm On Jan 25, 2010
even 90 year old Okocha for score that free kick
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by Princek12(m): 9:20pm On Jan 25, 2010
Mumu-du needs to realize that Iya-kubu is too fat to play
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by r231(m): 9:21pm On Jan 25, 2010
bawomolo:

the old people's home refused to release him for the tournament. keep on waiting.

roflmao cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by saintikeO: 9:21pm On Jan 25, 2010
Nna na wa O!
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by gen2boi: 9:21pm On Jan 25, 2010
Everybody is a coach in Nigeria, too much criticism
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by Obinoscopy(m): 9:22pm On Jan 25, 2010
Warning - while you were reading 9 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by Bokoharam: 9:22pm On Jan 25, 2010

Bokoharam
I Had A Dream: Nigeria Lost To Zambia
« on: Today at 07:52:11 AM »  

I had a dream last night and Zambia beat Nigeria 1 – 0.

It was a tough match, but Shittu conceded a last-minute own goal (OG). I’m very, very scared.
Please, pray –o!

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-387079.0.html

E don dey happen -o! My dream!
I hired 5 pastors to pray to nullify my dream. People thought I was joking. Begin fire prayer -o! All hands on deck.
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by TmeD0(m): 9:23pm On Jan 25, 2010
and this is the line up we're going to use in SA come June?  ah! o ma se o!
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by Segzy23: 9:23pm On Jan 25, 2010
Nigeria is just not playing well, there was one or two good moves in the game, and that was it. You got to say it was a poor 1st half, we lack ideas to be honest, and I have to blame the players a little bit, but ultimately, the coach has to carry the lion share of the blame because it is his job put things in order. Odewinge has been disappointing
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jan 25, 2010
yakubus touches are too heavy
Osazee is mistiming his runs
Obasi making silly passes; no supplies to yakubu whatsoever
Mikel lacks pace as usual
Etuhu; what the heck is he doing on the pitch
Yusuf; making mistimed tackles
Our left back average game so far
The right back, struggling to deal with the rampaging Zambians as much of their attack has come down his wing
The goal keeper needs to watch it; especially with crosses

On the whole we are lucky its still 0:0.
The Zambians deserve to be at least one goal ahead.
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by Marlbron: 9:24pm On Jan 25, 2010
Honestly Amodu is a dunce.

How many Dms is he playing? Kaita, Etuhu, and he has a good striker Obasi left to play midfield to accomodate the lazy yak.

Sack him, win or loose
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by sesman(m): 9:24pm On Jan 25, 2010
why can't we use a bloody 4-4-2 formation, why 4-5-1, yakubu is so isolated up front, infact they should take him off, and bring in martins, yakubu head is too BIG for his body so he can't bloody move grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (37) (Reply)

World Cup: France Battle Virus Outbreak Day To Final Against Argentina / EPL: Ed Woodward Reveals Why Man United Sacked Mourinho / Why We Don't Allow Nigerian Referees Officiate AFCON Games - CAF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.