Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,197 members, 7,953,728 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:26 AM

Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) - Sports (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) (43952 Views)

Poll: Who will go through to the Semi Final?

Nigeria: 90% (169 votes)
Zambia: 9% (17 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Zambia: CAF Under-17 Championship (3 - 1) On 21st February 2015 / Eaglets Shine In CHAN Eagles Friendly; Eagles Win 4-1 / Player Rating - Nigeria Vs Zambia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by semid4lyfe(m): 6:26pm On Jan 27, 2010
Interesting turn of events. . . . .Sag is doing a good job of taking all you 'Amodu must go chorusers' to the cleaners. Make I just siddon for bench jejely dey watch.
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by snakova(m): 6:33pm On Jan 27, 2010
Make una finish all una noise. The second real test for Amodu is Ghana. He failed the first (Egypt). All this human beans claiming to know squirt about football are mind-wrenching. Common Zambia, who he had the opportunity of studying in a friendly prior to this tourney, almost stopped my poor old man's heart. And some Pee-ple are still talking. Lets see how far his negative footie takes him. Abi e think say e be mourinho,playing amphibious 4-3-3? grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by snakova(m): 6:47pm On Jan 27, 2010
semid4lyfe:

Interesting turn of events. . . . .Sag is doing a good job of taking all you 'Amodu must go chorusers' to the cleaners. Make I just siddon for bench jejely dey watch.
Amodu must not go. His ineptitude must. You all seem to be determined that we just go to SA and fill the blanks. It would really be a shame if Greece or even Korea trounce once mighty naija. A really big one. In 2002, we were in the group of death. Even Argentina with players far and wide and a highly rated coach could not make it outa our group. Its better not to go to SA than to break Zaire's world cup record (7-1). Lets see how Amodu fares against a Ghana side brimming with youth and confidence and technically ok.
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by Katsumoto: 6:53pm On Jan 27, 2010
semid4lyfe:

In your part of town, is it the loudest person who gets to have a final say on all matters? Or if you say, 'I am a caucasian one million times', will that make you a caucasian.

No one is taking anyone to the cleaners; this is a public forum and some people know how to act civil in public. Thats all there is to it.
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by nguage(m): 7:06pm On Jan 27, 2010
Re: Amodu's wins

How many of those wins were deserved? I remember 2 games where Yobo scored goals from corner kicks towards the end of them. The win against France that was plain hunger from the boys. The win against Mozambique in Abuja that was a last minute goal. The win against Benin where we were outplayed. The Zambian win where we got outplayed too.

We can't keep deceiving ourselves. His admitted favoritism for certain players, his inability to read games. . . he is not good enough. Simple. I don't want a foreign coach, I want a good coach.
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by FBS: 7:50pm On Jan 27, 2010
ugly Betty:

Dutch coach applies for Eagles job
By RICHARD JIDEAKA, Abuja
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
•Photo: Sun News Publishing

* More Stories on This Section

Dutch coach, Tom Saintfiet has applied to the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) for Super Eagles’ job.
The coach promised to take Eagles who are battling to win the Africa Cup of Nations in Angola to the semi final of the FIFA World Cup or forfeit his pay if given the job.

Saintfiet, who led Namibia from obscurity to stardom with only two losses from 11 matches said with the abundant talents in Nigeria, he would produce a classy team that will stun the world by reaching the semi final of the World Cup in South Africa. Saintfiet insisted that he wants to do better than Westerhof and Bonfere Jo, two Dutch men that made waves with Nigerian teams.

“I have submitted my application to the Nigeria Football Federation with a programme of how I hope to reach the semifinal of the World Cup if I am given the job to be technical head of the Super Eagles. My optimism stems from the fact that I have been a keen follower and admirer of Nigeria players and I believe I can do wonders with them
“Namibia is now a great side because the players were ready to learn despite the lean talents they have, with Nigeria I can turn out world beaters and I am ready to work with Amodu and his present crew to achieve our target,” stated the Dutchman
Meanwhile, Clemence Westerhof, who is unarguably the most successful coach the Super Eagles have ever had thrown his weight behind Tom Saintfiet as the man he feels can adequately work in the Nigeria and get the results.

"Since I left the Super Eagles, I have been an avid follower of the Nigeria National team. In recent days there has been talk in the media about the possibility of the NFF looking for a new coach to take the Super Eagles to the world cup. It is with this background that I would recommend Mr. Tom Saintfiet as the new Super Eagles coach" the letter read in part.

He stressed that Mr. Tom Saintfiet is the only man that is capable to do the job of training the Super Eagles to doing very well at the world cup within the shortest period they have to prepare for the world cup.
"He has shown and proved that he can work in Africa, with the minimal resources he has in Namibia he got miraculous results which will insure that he can prove even more with Nigeria" Westerhof noted. .
FYI he is NOT Dutch. He is from Belgium.
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by semid4lyfe(m): 8:03pm On Jan 27, 2010
Westerhof's HIV/AIDS must have really gotten to the advanced stages for him to be recommending this slowpoke to the NFF. Only a F.O.O.L and M.U.M.U applies for a job that is not vacant. Is this the type of 'good' foreign coach we want for the S.E? God forbid bad thing. . . . .tufiakwa.
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by Katsumoto: 8:05pm On Jan 27, 2010
semid4lyfe:

Westerhof's HIV/AIDS must have really gotten to the advanced stages for him to be recommending this slowpoke to the NFF. Only a F.O.O.L and M.U.M.U applies for a job that is not vacant. Is this the type of 'good' foreign coach we want for the S.E? God forbid bad thing. . . . .tufiakwa. 

He has HIV/AIDS?

Some of us are not clamouring for a foreign coach; we want a better coach like Siasia.
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by Sagamite(m): 9:06pm On Jan 27, 2010
snakova:

Amodu must not go. His ineptitude must. You all seem to be determined that we just go to SA and fill the blanks. It would really be a shame if Greece or even Korea trounce once mighty naija. A really big one. In 2002, we were in the group of death. Even Argentina with players far and wide and a highly rated coach could not make it outa our group. Its better not to go to SA than to break Zaire's world cup record (7-1). Lets see how Amodu fares against a Ghana side brimming with youth and confidence and technically ok.

At least we have come to the improvement of "lets wait and see", no more "he is going to fail".

n-guage:

Re: Amodu's wins

How many of those wins were deserved? I remember 2 games where Yobo scored goals from corner kicks towards the end of them. The win against France that was plain hunger from the boys. The win against Mozambique in Abuja that was a last minute goal. The win against Benin where we were outplayed. The Zambian win where we got outplayed too.

We can't keep deceiving ourselves. His admitted favoritism for certain players, his inability to read games. . . he is not good enough. Simple. I don't want a foreign coach, I want a good coach.

Joker.

So it is only games where you score early games you regard as a good win. How many times do Man U have to come from dying minutes to win games or even get a draw? Then you would say SAF is a genius. grin

Which Benin and Zambia outplayed us? Because teams you called "minos" actually stood up to us and got chances, you automatically come to the conclusion they outplayed us. Youthful huffing and puffing (especially by that midget from Benin) is not outplaying. Go and watch the matches again and see the balance of chances.
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by Sagamite(m): 9:09pm On Jan 27, 2010
semid4lyfe:

Looking at the publishers of the story suggest to me that the journalist is a moooron that should not be believed or taken seriously.
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by trending83(m): 3:34pm On Feb 01, 2010
Learn how you can earn up to N17.496 million without traveling out of your country. It`s easy and simple and you can make all that money from the comfort of your home. Contact me on 08073400383 to know more about this program
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by trending83(m): 3:40pm On Feb 01, 2010
Learn how you can earn up to N17.496 million without traveling out of your country. It`s easy and simple and you can make all that money from the comfort of your home. Contact me on 08073400383 to know more about this program
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by Obinoscopy(m): 8:32pm On Feb 01, 2010
semid4lyfe:

Are you sure Westerhoff has AIDS?
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by woye77: 3:35pm On Feb 02, 2010
trending83:

it's strange 419 guys are now operating on nairaland - folks pls watch out for rogues like this! remeber, a fool and his money are soon parted

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (Reply)

Blatter Endorses Kalu For FIFA President / Cortana Predicts "Germany" To Beat Argentina In The World Cup Final / John Fashanu Arrested Over Land Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.